[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/05/car s-3-first-look/ >Itďż˝

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 33

File: cars-3-exclusive.jpg (666KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cars-3-exclusive.jpg
666KB, 2700x1800px
http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/05/cars-3-first-look/

>It’s mobile millennials vs. mid-size cars with midlife crises in Disney-Pixar’s next movie, Cars 3, the second sequel in the billion-dollar franchise, skidding into theaters this June.

>If you caught that cryptically combustible teaser trailer back in November, you’ll know that a major shake-up is in store for pro racer Lightning McQueen (voiced once more by Owen Wilson). In round three, a disastrous brush with mortality spurs the once-great athlete to reexamine his tenure on the track.

>“McQueen is not the young hotshot anymore, the kid he was back then in Cars 1,” says first-time Pixar director Brian Fee, a storyboard artist on the first two Carsfilms and the man entrusted by story guru/Cars whisperer John Lasseter to take the wheel. “He’s in the middle of his life, and as an athlete, that’s getting up there. You have your whole life ahead of you, yet your career is starting to show its age. He’s looking in the mirror and realizing, ‘I’m 40 years old,’ and dealing with the fact that the thing that you love more than anything else, you might not be able to do forever.”
>>
File: cars-3-jackson-storm.jpg (610KB, 3605x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cars-3-jackson-storm.jpg
610KB, 3605x1800px
>It doesn’t help that a new, faster generation of racers is eager to leave the rehabilitating Lightning in the dusty past. Armie Hammer joins the Cars voice family as the most vocal head of this new wave of tech-savvy drivers — meet the villainous Jackson Storm.

>Fee explains, “Jackson was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Everything comes easy to him, and everything about him says he’s faster, so much so that we’ve designed him so that even when he’s standing next to McQueen, McQueen looks old.” Technologically, he’s lightyears ahead of Lightning, a legitimate reflection of the actual years that have passed in the real world since our introduction to the first Cars in 2006. After more than a decade, shiny new rival roadster Jackson represents the peak of real-time innovation. (P.S. No, there’s technically no Uber in Cars 3, because, as Fee says with a chuckle, “I would like to see a car drive inside another car and have them take them somewhere.”)

>From an ideological standpoint, Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions. “He thinks the world is his. He’s taking over. He’s owed it,” says Fee. “In a very broad term, I think of old football players with those little leather skull caps, and you think of football players now with all their armor, hitting so hard. It’s not the same game. What they did was not anything like what we do now. And that’s Jackson: He thinks the future of racing and the high-tech ways they train and what they can do means they’re taking the sport to a new level, and the older guys had their day, and it’s done, and they have no place in the future of racing.”
>>
>midlife crises in Disney-Pixar
That's all I need to know
>>
File: cars3international.jpg (393KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
cars3international.jpg
393KB, 770x1100px
https://youtu.be/jpUD6-bVFy4

Post the trailer ya nut.
>>
>>88908334
It's gonna be fucking garbage just like all Cars movies
>>
File: cars-3-cruz-ramirez.jpg (579KB, 3600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cars-3-cruz-ramirez.jpg
579KB, 3600x1800px
>Yet there is a glimmer of hope for both the redemption of twentysomething honor and Lighting himself: New trainer Cruz Ramirez, voiced by Cristela Alonzo.

>Cruz may be on Jackson’s side of the age gap, but she’s on Lightning’s side of the conflict. As a lifelong fan of McQueen, she’s optimistic, sunny, fierce, and friendly — and now, she’s his new, younger coach, coming to Lightning’s aid with stars in her eyes when he shows up at the Rust-eze Racing Center. “Whereas others like Jackson would look at McQueen and dump him, Cruz isn’t like that at all. She’s the most optimistic person in the world and wants to do anything to help,” says Fee, who was sold on Alonzo’s voice partly from her short-lived ABC series but primarily from her stand-up comedy specials. (For that matter, Hammer landed the role thanks to his pompous turn in The Social Network.)
>>
File: Scrunt.gif (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Scrunt.gif
5KB, 150x150px
quality CGI. not much else.
>>
File: cars-3-lightning-mcqueen.jpg (664KB, 3600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cars-3-lightning-mcqueen.jpg
664KB, 3600x1800px
>Lasseter calls Cars 3 “very emotional,” and Fee says it’s “the most human” film of the franchise, considering the inherent maturity of Lightning’s reconciliation with age in a changing world. If it sounds as if this tale of mortality also has a sense of franchise finality to it (akin to Toy Story 3, though it’s no longer the finale), that’s still being kept under the hood; Fee is coy about whether Cars 3 marks the end of Lightning’s personal trilogy onscreen. “Where the franchise goes from here, I have no idea what may be down the road, but I can tell you that for Lightning McQueen, as a character, I think by the end of the movie it’s safe to say that this is only the beginning for him.”
>>
>>88908334
>Pixar making a sequel to their only rotten-rated film, which was another sequel and a film so bad even critics who usually suck Pixar's dick couldn't forgive it
>all in the name of shekels
>Pixar-fags who rip apart other companies for making money-grabbing sequels will still pay for this shit and defend it
>>
They all look like complete pallete swaps with no notable details other than color
>>
>>88908379
>making third cars film
>sheeple: meh
>name-drop 'le emotional Toy Story 3'
>sheeple: TAKE MY MONEY
>>
>>88908334
>>88908339
So how long until McQueen grows wings and takes Jackson in as his apprentice?
>>
>>88908380
It's also because Cars is Lasseter's pet franchise. He's a huge gearhead that's way too emotionally invested in his stupid talking vehicles.

That's why Carsland at California Adventure went overbudget on detailing and why Cars is the only Pixar franchise that has some guy whose job it is to maintain Cars continuity across all the spinoffs and tie-ins like some sadder version of the Lucasfilm Story Group.
>>
>>88908446
never he's got Ramirez to take his place >>88908359
>>
>>88908401

Nah, not really. Pixar can mention "Toy Story 3" all the live-long day, but that will not make "Cars 3" any better. It also will not make me want to see the latter - especially if I can go watch the former.
>>
>>88908339
>From an ideological standpoint, Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions. “He thinks the world is his. He’s taking over. He’s owed it,” says Fee.
KIDS THESE DAYS
KIDS THESE DAYS
THEY DON'T KNOW
KIDS THESE DAYS
THEY DON'T KNOW
THEY MISSED OUT
>>
>>88908339
>From an ideological standpoint, Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions. “He thinks the world is his. He’s taking over. He’s owed it,” says Fee.

so hes a college age trust fund babby
>>
File: 1407951045515.jpg (251KB, 849x999px) Image search: [Google]
1407951045515.jpg
251KB, 849x999px
>>88908334
>>88908339

You know, you can't really fall back on the strawman millennial character when your world is populated by sentient cars. Newer vehicles are literally better than old cars. That's just how they work. They're machines.

I mean classic cars are great, but if you're racing you'd rather drive a new model with a new engine than a 40 year old stock car.

God this looks like shit.
>>
>>88908446
>You see this? It's a wing. And you're under it.
>>
File: 1473338284513.jpg (43KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473338284513.jpg
43KB, 371x500px
>>88908927
Yeah, but where the fuck are those 40 years? Wasn't the story chronological until now, and relevant to our times?
>>
>>88908339
>>88908334
Wow, bet the kids'll love this!
>>
>>88908334
>>88908339
I

HURT

MYSELF

TODAY
>>
File: MK-BM888_CARS_G_20110619180635.jpg (142KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
MK-BM888_CARS_G_20110619180635.jpg
142KB, 553x369px
oh boy, more billions for dizny!
>>
>>88908334
>skidding into theatres
that's the word I'd use
>>
>>88908927
You know, you can't really fall back on the strawman millennial character when your world is populated by humans. Younger people are literally better than old people. That's just how they work. They're younger.

I mean old people are great, but if you're an athlete you'd rather be young with a healthy body than a crippling old man.

>>
File: images (8).jpg (8KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
8KB, 266x190px
>>88908339
>>From an ideological standpoint, Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions. “He thinks the world is his. He’s taking over. He’s owed it,”

Let's demonize millennials which make up a core of the audience of Pixar films after children! That's a good trick!
>>
>>88909198

No, dude, listen, I'm talking about MACHINES. Human beings are all the same model, you know? Old people can be great, Old people can be shit. Young people can be cool, Young people can be awesome. But in the context of actual different DESIGNS of sentient beings, newer models are better!
>>
>>88908339
He's not wrong.
>>
>>88909182
would prefer Crashing Into Theaters
>>
>>88908768
So are they talking true Millennial, or the advertising version where anyone under 40 is a Millennial?

>>88908359
And of course the good guy Millennial analogue is a sassy lady-car.
>>
>>88909245

The thing is, cars are the humans of the Cars universe
>>
>>88909218
See, if you make kids feel really bad, you can guilt trip them into following who you are.
>>
>>88908339
>muh entitled millenials
You boomer cocksuckers threw our entire fucking generation overboard. Stop deflecting by calling us entitled.
>>
This'll actually be interesting to see if this is any good or not, because Pixar may be looking to redeem themselves after their first and only poorly received film.

Or, they know the target audience will see it either way and will phone it in with amateurs again.
>>
>>88909198
The thing is you can make that argument for sports in a way, but they're conflating it with """"millenial""" stereotypes like being a special snowflake and being owed xyz because mommy and daddy told you that you can be anything you want. But that doesn't really happen in sports. You're young, you succeed, eventually you get old, younger players outperform you, you retire. That's how it's always been. The millenial mindset doesn't really enter into the conversation of sports. It's just a weird addition to make to the story. It would've been fine if they just made it a sports analogy with older players vs younger players.
>>
>>88909245
Yeah. That's literally how car racing works. You wouldn't enter a fucking 1950s NASCAR car in a modern race. New cars DO replace the old ones because they ARE objectively better, faster and more efficient.

I can't really see where the fuck they're going with this.
>>
>>88909321

I love how boomers are riding this "You guys are so entitled" wave

Have you ever seen an old person's coupon get declined?
>>
>>88909348
The only thing I could see is if they go with a Monsters University route and it turns out he really is not as good as the younger cars and he has to accept that much like how Mike had to accept he would never be a good scarer no matter how much work he put into it.
>>
>>88909384
Fuck, that'd be sad
>>
>>88909393

lasseter loves sad
>>
>>88909393
>>88909384

You know, it would be sad, but it would work.

At the very least, it wouldn't be the cliche plot everyone expects. I would get a lot more enjoyment from a character accepting he's past his prime and moving on to safer better things.

You know, like Hudson. From the first movie.
>>
>>88909321
>>88909372
The funny thing is: Who the fuck instilled those values within us? Who made us feel like special snowflakes and jammed those ideas into children's programming. Also, great idea demonizing the people who are going to be in charge of taking care of you when you get to old to take care of yourselves.
>>
>>88909372
Boomers are entitled to respect

Boomers are entitled to free money

Boomers are entitled to power

Millenials are entitled to a crippled economy

Millenials are entitled to mountains of debt

Millenials are entitled to a fucked climate which will begin causing droughts and flooding and other such crises sooner rather than later

I almost hope Trump starts a war between India and Pakistan so this shit show can end
>>
>>88909393
>>88909408
At this point in reading between the lines of the interview that's where I see this going. It wouldn't be so emotional and heat-wrenching like they're implying if everything ended up perfectly okay at the end.
>>
>>88909408
I could see that working. For most of the movie it's Lightning railing against the younger generation before he realizes, yes, they are the future, yes, he is getting old and can't do what he used to, BUT, that doesn't mean there's no place for him.

The narrative flips then to be about training Ramierz to beat Storm.
>>
File: 1463325022626.png (223KB, 576x617px) Image search: [Google]
1463325022626.png
223KB, 576x617px
>>88909413

>"When I was a kid, I didn't get participation trophies!"
>They gave them to us
>They told us we were special
>As soon as we grew up they backed down and switched the narrative as if it was somehow our fault.

I know the cycle will continue, and someday we'll be complaining about the young folk, but I really can not wait for the boomers to die off.
>>
>>88908927
More importantly than that an anti-youth message in a Pixar movie about talking cars seems like a bad idea.
It's not like any adult wants to see this movie.
>>
>>88909464
I remember being a kid in elementary school where we had a field day/sports day thing and it was so much fucking fun trying to get in first place. Then a year later in middle school at a private K-8 school we did the same thing and we all got participation ribbons. There were no winners. We were in 6th grade but even then we knew it was stupid and felt pointless.
>>
>>88909509
They know kids will see it, but I think a lot of interest young adults may have from what seems like a deeper story after the first two movies (especially the abysmal second) is going to get hindered when they find out the villain is a millenial stereotype.
>>
>>88909270
That doesn't describe how much of a turd this will be
>>
File: Stinky_Pete_the_Prospector.png (2MB, 1607x903px) Image search: [Google]
Stinky_Pete_the_Prospector.png
2MB, 1607x903px
Remember in Toy Story 2 how a major plot point is that Pete HATES Buzz because he represents the next generation that made him boring. And how Woody's good character makes him IMMEDIATELY write it off as Pettiness because he knows Buzz is a good friend regardless of what generation he came from?

It was almost like a theme is that generational strife is stupid bullshit only pushed by cranky old people who think the young ruin anything.

Imagine that.
>>
File: pic710148.jpg (317KB, 821x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic710148.jpg
317KB, 821x1024px
we need to update this.

with WDAS and Pixar.
>>
>>88909345
That's not entirely true. In sports nowadays you'll have young prospects who are treated like stars by their coaches and teammates since they've been 12 and when they start their pro career they already think the world is theirs and act like entitled douches. And they're given special privileges because of their "potential".
Compare DeMarcus Cousins to a young Tim Duncan.
>>
>>88909321
You can both be shit. Gen Xers too while we're at it.
>>
>>88909292
Marketing is the main reason generations post baby boom even have names and more or less made up characteristics.
>>
>>88908339
>(P.S. No, there’s technically no Uber in Cars 3, because, as Fee says with a chuckle, “I would like to see a car drive inside another car and have them take them somewhere.”)
This already happened in Cars 1 though, who is this pleb
>>
>>88908339

>I think of old football players with those little leather skull caps, and you think of football players now with all their armor, hitting so hard. It’s not the same game.

You know why they made those better helmets?

Because people were dying you stupid fucking hack.
>>
>>88909384
It will most likely go that way, even the synopsis says the villain gets redeemed, I assume he learns from old guy despite beating him and in the end it's a mentor-disciple thing that sets up Cars 4.
>>
>>88909742
So it's just going to be Cars 1 again only Lightning is now the crotchety old race car who went through a career-ending crash
>>
>>88908339
>“I would like to see a car drive inside another car and have them take them somewhere.”
Like how planes and trains and ships work in this universe too?
>>
>>88909512
I mean... If you won the race you won the race, who really cares if someone points out you're first. They can't really take the competition out of it if you don't let them.
In my school sports day we didn't get shit, winner or loser.
>>
>>88909798
Bookends ! Perfect excuse to recycle a plot.
>>
>>88909348
Isn't he training some young car after his crash? So basically he'll train his replacement and teach her to not be such a shit like him or the new guy.
>>
File: reading.jpg (182KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
reading.jpg
182KB, 500x639px
DEAR EVERYBODY

YOU'RE MISSING A CRUCIAL WORD IN >>88908339

>Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions.
>plague
>plague
>plague

THIS WAS NOT MEANT TO DESCRIBE MILLENNIALS, THIS WAS MEANT TO BE WHAT PEOPLE OFTEN UNFAIRLY DESCRIBE MILLENNIALS AS
>>
>>88908339
>“I would like to see a car drive inside another car and have them take them somewhere.”
THAT LITERALLY HAPPENS IN THE FIRST MOVIE WITH MACK YOU FUCKS
>>
File: 1476819899758.png (285KB, 2788x1788px) Image search: [Google]
1476819899758.png
285KB, 2788x1788px
So it's basically, "BACK IN THE 90'S...": The Movie?

Yeah, no thanks, if that's how it's actually going to be. Go ahead and alienate your target audience, Disney. I'm sure you'll do a great job.
>>
>>88909292
>So are they talking true Millennial, or the advertising version where anyone under 40 is a Millennial?

What do you think "true millenials" are? The term millenial refers roughly to the people born between 1982 and 2000 so your idea of the "advertising version" isn't that far off the mark for the real definition.
>>
>>88909907
Except in this case it's used as a proper description of the character.
>>
>>88909938
please refer to my previously posted image as i cannot post it again and I am too lazy to make an edit to it to do so.
>>
>McQueen goes all out to win against the younger car
>crashes
>the younger girl that's his coach steps in to race instead of him
>girl wins
>Girls can be top race drivers because its CURRENT YEAR

Calling it now.
>>
File: 1464300184492.jpg (151KB, 1280x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1464300184492.jpg
151KB, 1280x1356px
>There will be a scene where evil milennial drives past crashed McQueen shouting some cliche shit about how "YOU'RE TIME IS UP OLD MAN! IT'S MY TUUUURN!"
>There will be a scene where the Evil Millennial doesn't break his previous record or something and throws a hissy fit, crying and locking himself in his room
>There will be a scene where the good lady millennial will prove her goodness because she has a bunch of posters of old racers or some shit.
>>
>>88909384
So glad I didn't go see that piece of shit movie. That ending is a massive cop-out and lazy as fuck.

>haha guys did you see how we subverted your expectations isnt that so unique haha
>>
File: 1406829478499.png (104KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1406829478499.png
104KB, 399x382px
>>88910019

I really liked that ending
>>
>>88909971
but there's nothing wrong with girl top race car drviers and it'll be nice and refreshing to see one instead of a male character for the sake of representation and story diversity

you might just be a crotchety old person
>>
>>88909971
>Girls can be top race drivers because its CURRENT YEAR

I mean honestly, this isn't even that progressive for today's standards at all

Make her transgender or something and then you're getting funky
>>
>>88909960
Please you refer to it.
The character himself is an entitled assbag. He "embodies" the millennial stereotype.
Pointing out that it's a stereotype has little to do with anything.
>>
>>88910051
I don't think you realise just how physically demanding being a top racer is.
>>
>>88910058
I was pointing out the stereotype for the benefit of the people in the thread that missed it, not as a critique of the character.

Again, refer to my image, and take the thread's discussion into account in your understanding of my post.
>>
File: 67887385.jpg (16KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
67887385.jpg
16KB, 400x390px
>>88910082
>>
>>88909270
inb4 that Batman movie disaster but with Cars happens again. Don't go to the midnight screening.
>>
File: 084.png (54KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
54KB, 200x171px
>>88910082
>implying women cant be race drivers because it's too physically demanding

wut
>>
>>88910114
Hmm, that image fucked up somehow.
>Your comment is irrelevant.
>>
>>88908352
>>88908339
>>88908359
>>88908379
What? What the fuck happened to the god tier realistic animation of the first trailer? This movie just went from a 7 to 2
>>
>>88910146
stop taking hallucinogens, those images aren't supposed to be moving and you can't make a comparison with them.
>>
>>88910082
It's LITERALLY sitting in a car.

Moms do that on a daily basis anyway.
>>
>>88910051
>For the sake of representation
As a foreigner living in Asia, I would like to tell you to go hang yourself. When your priority is representation, you're in the wrong medium. Go and submit any and all agenda to C-Span or something. We come to comics and cartoons to have fun. Maybe once in a while we get something that makes us think but the whole point of this medium is for us to be entertained - to enjoy stories that are either of Kings being overthrown or the plot twist that the Evil Stepmom was good all along.

"For the sake of representation". What the Hell are you on about? Pick up a Japanese manga or a Hong Kong comic and tell them it needs "representation" why don't you?

Fucking pissant.
>>
>>88910092
I can read words, not your mind, fuckface.
>>
>>88909198
You know, you can't really fall back on the strawman millennial character when your world is populated by humans and Skrulls. Skrull people are literally better than human people. That's just how they work. They're shapeshifters.

I mean old people are great, but if you're conquering the planet you'd rather be a shapeshifter with a shapeshifting body than a crippling old man.

>>88909907
Hm, I've got an idea. Folks, here's your choices. Cars 3 is released, or Bubonic Plague is released?

Remember, one of them is treatable with modern science.
>>
>>88910191

Sitting in a car that's trying to go in every direction but the one you want it to go in, fighting the son of a bitch at over twice the speed people reach on the highway, while staying alert enough to ensure you don't hit the other guys fighting their cars or they don't hit you and cause a crash that may very well throw your spine out of your body via your anus.

Honestly, it'd be more entertaining if it was soccer moms and their brat kids trying to control a NASCAR or F1 vehicle.
>>
>>88910137
>>88910191

Try doing precise high speed steering at 4g+

Now do it several times a minute for a couple of hours whilst staying sharp the whole time.

Elite racing requires you to be fit as fuck
>>
File: nascar fan.jpg (26KB, 314x411px) Image search: [Google]
nascar fan.jpg
26KB, 314x411px
>>88910328
>>88910363

Shut the fuck up Redneck you drive in a fucking circle.
>>
>>88909218
/co/ complain about milenials all the damn time.
>>
>>88909971
You'd think driving in a circle for a few hours would be something women are MORE qualified to do
>>
>>88910146
Yeah, where the fuck is the gritty hyper-realism in my movie about talking anime-eyed cars?
>>
>>88909909
Ligthing wasn't DRIVING.
>>
>>88908339
>>88908379
I don't get it... So McQueen is 10 and the new cars are newborns? Also how do cars born?
>>
>>88910408
Weak bait.

>>88910593
Car dad plants diesel in car mom. One night a helicopter carry a baby car to their parents home.
>>
>>88910593
For that matter, it says millennial dude is custom made, so is like eugenics and selective breeding involved?
>>
>>88908339
>millenial strawman
They do realize that they're mocking the exact age group that grew up with the first movie, right?
>>
>>88908359
Diverse POC female millenial car there to show the older generation what's right!
>>
>McQueen is 40 years old
>tfw you're less than five years away from being 40
Fuck me
>>
>>88909198
I'd rather have an old doctor than a young one. Experience counts in a lot of things. Plus, if Lightning is too old for his sport, why doesn't he become a coach? Isn't that what old people usually do?
>>
>>88911145

how's wife and kids?
>>
I don't think there's anything they can do to make me give a shit about Cars.
>>
>>88909413
>Who the fuck instilled those values within us? Who made us feel like special snowflakes and jammed those ideas into children's programming.
(((Them)))
>>
>>88910146
Those clips are only showcases for some of the characters.
It isn't a trailer.
>>
>>88908334
>midlife crisis themed pixar movie
The far superior version already exists. Hell, you could even count Toy Story.
>>
File: joetroll2.jpg (32KB, 452x294px) Image search: [Google]
joetroll2.jpg
32KB, 452x294px
>>88908356
I thought the kids were back in school by now....
>>
>>88911272

The cars movies are actually really mediocre though.
>>
>>88910363
There's one and she's been doing it for years with top teams. Still very middle of the road in talent.
>>
File: 1456718149084.png (6KB, 358x235px) Image search: [Google]
1456718149084.png
6KB, 358x235px
>>88911268

>The Incredibles is about a sleek newcomer to a field with advanced technology vs an older competitor past his prime and forced to face the reality that he's not as good as he used to be and needs help

When everyone's millennial, nobody will be.
>>
File: 1364184205018.jpg (36KB, 382x370px) Image search: [Google]
1364184205018.jpg
36KB, 382x370px
>>88909348
>The Fabulous Hudson Hornet driving car number 6

I would totally watch a retro race with shit like this....
>>
>>88911447

Holy SHIT I would watch a cars movie in the 40's or 50's.

Give me young Doc and Jeep in the great car war versus Adolf Chrysler.
>>
>>88911447
Knock yourself out, there's a ton of old races on JewTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67EUZi675no
>>
>>88908339
>the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions.
Brave talk from the generation that left us the Great Recession, two unfinished wars and a shitload of debt. Please die of old age already.
>>
>>88909642
Young sportsmen with egos is a tale as old as time, though.
Far from something recent.
>>
>>88911171
Because he doesn't wanna give in.
It sounds more like that old Planes cartoon where the old dad airplane is upset he's being replaced by jets.
>>
>>88910384
Usually not being serious and definitely not devoting an entire multimillion dollar movie to that being the plot.
>>
>>88908334
Wasn't this supposed to be done by people who at least slightly understand cars?
Because McQueen looks like the faster car of the two.

The bad guy looks pretty much like a remake of one of those disco teens but with more polygons.
>>
>>88911597
Yeah, the P-51 mustang may have been iconic, but there's a reason the Air Force flies F-22s and F-35s now.

Because they're too fucking expensive to afford any other planes right now
>>
>>88911655
The Air Force still uses F-16s extensively while the F-35 is barely used though
>>
>>88911651
Yep, because looks determine how fast a car can go
>>
>>88911655
>but there's a reason the Air Force flies F-22s and F-35s now.

F-22 is the top of the line superjet.
F-35 is the shitty model you settle for after your economy hits an economic crisis.

F-35 is slightly worse and is being sold to a crap-ton of nations around the world to offset the expenses somewhat.
>>
>>88908334
>>88908339
>It's a "Millennials are entitled and think they're owed everything" episode
I'm ready for this stereotype to end.
It never will.
>>
>>88908379
>Lasseter calls Cars 3 “very emotional,” and Fee says it’s “the most human” film of the franchise
So the end result will be the opposite of this. Gotcha.
>>
>>88908334
>>88908339
Good god. We get it Lasseter. You pine for the days of Route 66
>>
>>88911854
He just wants to get his kicks
>>
File: DEEPEST LORE INCREDIBLES.jpg (243KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
DEEPEST LORE INCREDIBLES.jpg
243KB, 1920x804px
>>88911268

>Not posting deepest lore version
>>
>>88911929
>they cover Atomic War
That's quite an insurance company
>>
So it's "I'm scared of change" the movie?
Is this because Pixar is no longer relevant after releasing a string of flops?
>>
>>88909133
TO

SEE

IF

I

STILL
>>
>>88909270
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
File: it'll_happen_to_you.png (217KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
it'll_happen_to_you.png
217KB, 512x384px
>>88912032
I think it's more that a lot of people in the industry are reaching "that age".

>>88911723
Oh it will. When the boomers are dead and we think the next generation are entitled and think they're owed everything.
>>
>>88908379
Yeah, I totally don't see this being all fucked up come release. Nosiree bob.
>>
>>88911854
What else did Route 66 days have? Well, it was more of an actual thing in the 40s but became iconic in the 50's and 60s, so basically it's greasers, hippies, and fucking napalm that defines the era (also racism but hey that's timeless apparently) in reality, but baby boomers cling some idyllic made-up time for Nostalgia to pretend the Old Days were better even though truth was they were just better at hiding how fucking fucked every fucking thing was.

But it also had some good points. Increases in literacy, the expansion of popular entertainment, development of computers and the internet's precursor, the moon landing being faked in a studio on a secret base in Mars, the Soviet Union as an enemy you can fear but is actually one big thing not prone to killing you rather than just a random assortment of assholes who explode, shoot you, or run you over in a truck. And oh yeah, no fucking CGI movies about fucking Cars.
>>
>>88911655
the Air Force still uses C-130s and those fuckers were introduced in the 50s
>>
>>88909198
you can type dumb arguments out without hitting that post button, just to let you know

you don't have to sound as stupid as you think
>>
>>88909218
Kids don't care or know about generational wars beyond their parents sending them to bed at 8:00pm. Plus, today's kids fall under the Homecomer generation; millennials are the older teens and twenty-somethings protesting Trump at their colleges.
>>
>>88909384
>Mike had to accept he would never be a good scarer no matter how much work he put into it.
Wow. Glad I never watched it. Whatever happened to the American Dream? If you can't reach goals using natural skill, you gotta go the Batman/Karate Kid route and work your way up. Karate Kid is slightly better since he didn't start out with huge amount of cash. On the other hand, Batman doesn't have powers so he relies on gadgets and trickery.

Just use illusions to spook people. You'll be the best if you do it well enough.
>>
>>88912651
>Whatever happened to the American Dream?
It came true!

You're looking at it.
>>
>>88910710
>Bait

I thought it was worth a chuckle.
>>
>>88908334
Calling it: There's going to be a TRANS*** pansexual Mobil-kin in the fourth movie.
>>
>>88911527
Oh baby.
>>
>>88912721
>tfw we'll literaly get "i identify as an attack helicopter"
>>
>>88912696
Good man!
>>
>>88912721
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>88910710
>Weak bait.
>offended cuntrag
Nobody cares about your feelings, you dumb whore.
>>
>>88913085
And no-one cares that you don't know shit about motor racing.
>>
File: 1470857913837.jpg (40KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470857913837.jpg
40KB, 644x408px
>>88913136
I thought you were offended because you thought he was sexist.
If I'm understanding this correctly, you instead got offended because he implied the objective truth that Nascar was total shit?
That's even sadder.
>>
>>88909218
We looked at our college campuses and realized mistakes have been made but it's not too late to teach the up and coming generation why nobody likes their older siblings.
>>
>>88910408
You think women are smart enough to drive in a circle? Nice try, feminist.
>>
>>88909441

Well the whole deal with the Monsters U ending is that while it's sad that Mike was never going to be a good scarer, Sully realizes Mike's a genius at setting up scares and suggests they apply to Monsters Inc. and make their way to the top as a team. While Sully is a great scarer, he's poor at preparation and Mike covers his weakness.

It's not a sad ending as such. The lesson is really "Not everyone can be an astronaut, but if you work hard enough, you could be the one planning, building and launching that rocket. Astronauts need a ground control to support them after all".

It could play out similarly here. Or do the Rocky 6 ending where Rocky goes the full 12, but still loses. But he doesn't care, he went 12 rounds and walks out to a standing ovation.
>>
>>88913222
I wasnt even the person you replied. And im not offended.
>>
File: YOUNEEDTIRESYOUIDIOT.jpg (101KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
YOUNEEDTIRESYOUIDIOT.jpg
101KB, 1280x532px
>>
>>88911721
Do some actual research on the 35 before posting anything else.
>>
>>88912539
Well, technically, he didn't type it, he just copied then edited the comment he was replying to.

>>88911680
Because the F-35 and F-22 were too expensive to replace them all right away.

>>88911721
Nah, it's more complicated (and hillarious) than that. Those idiots actually signed up thinking it'd be a great plane. It's brilliant, the American DoD and Boeing trolled the fuck out of half of NATO with a sub-par plane that barely does one job so far, let alone the seventy-six trillion they claim it can eventually do.

>>88912481
Imagine the nightmare when they do get around to trying to develop a replacement. Again.

...But I wonder, do planes lay eggs in the Cars universe?
>>
>>88911575
Sure but the fact that they get scouted much earlier now makes things worse.
>>
>>88912306
It's because of the beatniks like Kerouac who romanticized travelling through the US in the 50s.
>>
>>88908379
Well, it can't be worse than Cars 2
>>
>>88911272
>defends Cars
>calls others kids

The ironing
>>
>>88908401
>sheeple
>>
So it's basically boomers vs millennials the moive ?
>>
>>88908447
Am I the only one who doesn't like Lasseter and the decisions he's made? I know he was the one who basically started Pixar, but it feel like the studio has been trying to bounce back after Brave and Cars 2 for years. Also why the fuck did we get two more Cars movies in the time it's taking to get Incredibles 2?
>>
>>88916030
>why the fuck did we get two more Cars movies in the time it's taking to get Incredibles 2?
It starts with T and ends with OYS
>>
>>88916030
Because Incredibles 2 was entirely dependent on Brad Bird being ready to do it and he only wanted to do it when he had a good story idea in mind for it. He's also the only Pixar bigwig that's really allowed to operate outside the rest of the Pixar Brain Trust because John really liked Iron Giant.

John Lasseter crapped the story for Cars 2 out while on the international press tour for Cars 1. Kept imagining Mater getting into wacky shenanigans around the world and combined it with deleted "Spy movies at the Drive-in" scenes from the first film.

Meanwhile, John fired Chris Sanders and turned American Dog into Bolt because it was too quirky for him and he didn't like Lilo and Stitch anyways.
>>
>>88916263
>and he didn't like Lilo and Stitch anyways.

So he's NOT /ourguy,/ then?
>>
>>88916022
That and likely some million dollar baby/creed stuff. Cept without the dying.
>>
>>88916263

AD was strange. probably over the top.
>>
>>88916297

he's a human, he has flaws too.
>>
>>88916331
Yeah, but I'd much rather have a weird off-beat talking animal version of Fear and Loathing then a mashup of Homeward Bound and Buzz Lightyear's character arc.
>>
>>88908401
>Sheeple

Is this a /pol/ thing, because it sounds like a /pol/ thing.
>>
>>88916405
But you could argue he's made multiple mistakes at both studios, WDAS particularly.
>>
>>88916505
It's more of an /r/atheism thing, actually
>>
>>88908334
>It’s mobile millennials vs. mid-size cars with midlife crises
every day i wish i don't wake up
>>
>>88916405
>>88916506
I'd say the issue is that when Disney acquired Pixar, they failed to realize that Pixar is an ensemble of really talented story people and not a "John is the sole mastermind behind everything" situation, even though John was the creative head of the company.

He's still a really talented guy, but he's not the fucking "Second Coming of Walt Disney/Jim Henson" that he was hyped up to be back in the day.
>>
File: 1482987528858.png (117KB, 245x257px) Image search: [Google]
1482987528858.png
117KB, 245x257px
>>88908339
>>From an ideological standpoint, Jackson embodies the extreme entitlement that has come to plague millennial descriptions.
>“He thinks the world is his. He’s taking over. He’s owed it,
>“Jackson was born with a silver spoon in his mouth"
>>
>>88916712
>>88916506

have to agree, he helped WDAS get back on track starting with Bolt but the story with Zootopia proved he sometimes is dumb as a sack of potatoes.
shame it's over.
>>
>>88916839
Meet the Robinsons was the start of WDAS's comeback thank you very much.
>>
>>88916877

somehow it's not included in that "10 years of disney" book ro whatever it was.

what a strange movie.. which exec came up with it?
>>
>>88916928
DIsney bought the rights to the book back in the 90s, with Peter Jackson attached to do a live-action film.

Eventually made its way over to the animation division and was produced during the Eisner/Iger transition. Pixar buyout came about midway through production and John helped recraft about half the movie.
>>
>>88916928
It's based on a children's book
>>
>>88917051
>It's based on a children's book
>>88917040
>Eisner

ahhh. i am not surprised.
>>
>>88912052
FEEL
>>
>>88912651
>If you can't reach goals using natural skill, you gotta go the Batman/Karate Kid route and work your way up

He did. In every respect except actually being fucking scary, Mike was textbook perfect. It's partly why he and Sully make such a good combo, Mike provides the brains and the research Sully provides the ability and the talent. No matter how much he tried and worked, Mike was never capable of being scary. It was like a one-legged man trying to stand on two legs.
>>
>>88911929
I don't get it
>>
File: 7987987987987896.png (225KB, 540x381px) Image search: [Google]
7987987987987896.png
225KB, 540x381px
>Adults make a children's film about how much children suck and adult's are so much better

I hope i never get old.
>>
>>88909198
You're right. When you're talking about athletes, younger ones are generally better than older ones. Well that's only half true, but there is a peak where skill and physical ability reach there peak, and after that older athletes are inferior to younger ones. Racing is just the standard cars sport.
>>
>>88916724
Entitlement is just code for "wanting payment for what is my god-given right". That's one thing I learned about the world - if I want something, I am entitled even if I'm willing to pay. If someone wants something from me, especially for free, I am also entitled.
>>
>>88909579
The other aspect of Stinky Pete is closing off everything from the flow of time so things can remain the same forever. Woody was all about being played with, something that wears and tears at you but gives his life meaning.

It's about accepting that change, decay, and eventual death is a part of the things that make life worth living. Nothing worth doing in life keeps things the same.
>>
>>88912765
my sides bounced a little
>>
File: 1421923352383.jpg (285KB, 671x680px) Image search: [Google]
1421923352383.jpg
285KB, 671x680px
>>88912765
Oh god i can picture the slightly smashed car with pieces of wood taped on its roof parked in the landing zone while annoyed helicopters stare at him
>>
>>88910363
High g maneuvers are actually easier for women to pull off
>>
>>88909311
But they're not, since they're actual cars and whatnot.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.