[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/, I'm trying to into DOOM. Through research and asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: doomgate.jpg (219KB, 1253x927px) Image search: [Google]
doomgate.jpg
219KB, 1253x927px
/co/,

I'm trying to into DOOM. Through research and asking here I've gathered this list. Is there anything glaringly missing, or something that I shouldn't even bother with?

[1965] Fantastic Four #39-40 "A Blind Man Shall Lead Them!" / "The Battle of the Baxter Building"
[1966] Fantastic Four #57-60 “The Peril and the Power!"
[1972] Luke Cage, Hero for Hire #9
[1981] Fantastic Four #236 "Terror In a Tiny Town"
[1981] Iron Man #149-150
[1982] Fantastic Four #246-247 "This Land is Mine!"
[1983] Fantastic Four #258 “Interlude"
[1984] Secret Wars (2005 TPB)
[1987] Emperor Doom (Marvel Graphic Novel #27)
[1989] Triumph and Torment
[2004] Fantastic Four Volume 2: Unthinkable (#67-70, #500-502)
[2005] Books of Doom
[2010] Doomwar

-

Hickman - Fantastic Four, FF, Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Wars.

Thanks!
>>
File: toottoot.png (174KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
toottoot.png
174KB, 500x472px
>>
>>88882863
9/11 one.
>>
File: Fantastic Four 087.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four 087.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
>>88882863

Fantastic Four #84-87 is probably the greatest DOOM story ever written. I'd also call it the best F4 story ever and the jewel in the Kirby crown although I know the Galactus trilogy is the most popular.
>>
You are missing Doom 2099.

While many argue that it doesn't count because 'alternant future' and such, it is indeed well worth reading. Seeing him rise from the ashes was awesome and its a classic story about Doom's indomitable wherewithal
>>
>>88883218
Ah, I'd seen that story mentioned, but skipped over it. I'll definitely put it on the list. What about #196-200 and #350-352?

Also, can I skip Astonishing Tales #8 “…Though Some Call It Magic” if I'm getting Triumph and Torment?
>>
Read the super villain team ups with Namor. They make me laugh
>>
>>88882863
The Coming of Squirrel Girl (Marvel Super Heroes 9).
>>
Do you think that Doom has really lightweight armour that contours to his physique or does he get actual armour made that has muscles in it?
>>
>>88882863
thor: the latverian prometheus is pretty good. Doom shows that he can scheme as good as Loki and fight as strong as Thor.
>>
>>88884811
If I remember right, early on it was considered the accident that messed his face up was just a simple scar, but Doom's vanity and image of perfection caused him to take the mask.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was buffed under the armor
>>
File: 11.jpg (76KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
76KB, 581x800px
>>88885265

The face isn't really consistent. There's scenes in the original F4 where people see his face and they're horrified but Kirby said he always liked the single imperfection theory and the only time he drew DOOM's face (many years after he left the book) he drew him with a single scar.

The reality is probably just that he was always ugly during the original run but Kirby, who was never a very consistent guy in general, heard the single scar theory years later and liked it.
>>
Fun Fact: The "DIA" security agent breaking the fourth wall on the right in OP's pic is Steve Rogers
>>
>>88887403
Yep.
Amazing Spider-Man V2 #50
"Spider-Man and Captain America take on Doctor Doom AND a suicide bomber who has caused mass destruction at an airport."
>>
>>88882863
"What if DOOM Kept The Beyonders' Power?" is an essential DOOM book, in my, um, book.

There's also a great crossover of him with Dr. Strange.
>>
>>88885265
>>88885416
I think Books of Doom went with the combo of it was a small scratch but it was from a demon who fucked his mind/pride/constant reminder of Reed being right and later putting on the scalding hot mask for the first time before it was cool because he didn't want to listen.
>>
>>88888361
Do I need to read the original Secret Wars first?
>>
>>88883218
Holy fuck, no one ever talks about this arc! I totally agree. It is solid from start to finish, and the very best Doom story. Picking the best Kirby FF story, however, is beyond my capacity.
>>
>>88890055
You should read it anyway
>>
>>88888361
Where can I get this "book" anyway? Seems like it's only part of the What If Secret Wars collection, and that isn't even on the Marvel site.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.