[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally got around to watching this and...this is Ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: f4-characters-poster-us.jpg (1MB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
f4-characters-poster-us.jpg
1MB, 1350x2000px
So I finally got around to watching this and...this is Ultimate Fantastic Four. At leas tthe first half, and it's actually pretty interesting. From what I remember of UFF the early run of the series was great and very interesting, especially the Annihilus and Mad Thinker stories.

Shame the studios had to meddle in this and butcher it
>>
From the looks of it, Fox salvaged what they could of it.
>>
>>88882222

Nice double qaudruples

The movie was crap
>>
>>88882566
i just don't understand why they would even approve an adaptation of UFF if they didn't want an adaptation of UFF
>>
>>88882835
They thought Trank wouldn't go completely off the deep end and end his promising career.
>>
>>88882835
>>88882886
I really want that fucking footage. What could he have done in the second half of the movie to make Fox go ballistic like that?
>>
File: kirby (12).jpg (116KB, 709x530px) Image search: [Google]
kirby (12).jpg
116KB, 709x530px
>no 60's period piece science adventure film with equal parts Raiders of the Lost Ark, Raimi's Spider-Man, Forbidden Planet ever.
>>
>>88882929
Ben Grimm, Johnny Storm, Stan Lee threesome
>>
>>88882929
Apparently, he simply didn't do anything. He was way behind schedule and had produced little to no footage for the third act, and had no idea what would actually happen in it.
>>
File: fantasticfour-tranktweet.jpg (42KB, 769x432px) Image search: [Google]
fantasticfour-tranktweet.jpg
42KB, 769x432px
>>88883012
If that's true, it makes his tweet all the more pathetic.
>>
Josh Trank is a hack.
>>
>we will never see sue cucking reed with namor then cucking namor with doom then cucking doom with spider-man
>>
>>88883184

You have brain damage
>>
>>88882929
>What could he have done in the second half of the movie to make Fox go ballistic like that?

They drove a flying car around America and closed some portals to earth zero.

You know how Doctor Doom wakes up and goes ballistic and explodes bunch of heads? That was his original ending, with him fleeing back to the other dimension.

They either didn't fight Doom at all, or barely fight him before he gets closed off.

So Fox had to step in and overhaul the entire third act, which is why it suddenly takes a totally different tone.
>>
>>88883247
What's with this shit in both FF versions where Doom has to have goddamn superpowers? Why does doom have to have superpowers? i mean i know he learns sorcery in the comics but that's different
>>
>>88883293

It took Marvel more than a dozen movies to acknowledge magic, Fox is even more repulsed by it.

For the suits at Fox, if the FF have powers, than the bad guy needs to have powers, they have no faith in the audience to tolerate anything else.
>>
>>88883331
well they don't have an established universe so i get why they don't wanna have magic in there, but just have him be an evil genius in a metal mask for fucks sake, Lex Luthor doesn't need powers to fight Superman
>>
>>88882222
It had some good scenes and dialogue, but terrible CGI. Some of the acting felt off. The ending was very rushed and felt weird, and it had a couple of plot points that went nowhere. Decent 6.5/10, not as bad as people say.
>>
File: 07-kate-mara-f4-wig.w529.h529.jpg (54KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
07-kate-mara-f4-wig.w529.h529.jpg
54KB, 529x529px
kek
>>
>>88883786
seamless.

i just got samurai cop flashbacks
>>
>>88883612
>Decent 6.5/10, not as bad as people say.

That's the thing though, it's a movie about nothing that goes nowhere and does nothing.

150 million dollars spent wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>88883834
>it's a movie about nothing that goes nowhere and does nothing.
Most movies are like this so I don't get the problem? Isn't it about the journey? I mean it would have been better if there was a sequel since before this the movie there was no Fantastic Four and after there is. There were a couple of consequences, but not much.
>>
>>88883834
I wonde if Fox will try the origin a third time...
>>
>>88883882
This movie's journey doesn't ever begin.
>>
>>88883967
I liked Reed and Ben's friendship. It was pretty fun. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that I enjoyed a lot of the scenes. I liked Doom. Sue Storm was my least favorite though.
>>
>>88884197
ugh, making DOOM an angsty pretentious "hip" computer nerd was truly the right way to go
>>
>>88884197
>I liked Doom
that wasn't Doom.
>>
File: (sarcastic).jpg (40KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
(sarcastic).jpg
40KB, 640x290px
>>88884197
>I liked Victor "Dr. Doom" Domashev
>>
>>88882222
>That "what should we call ourselves" scene at the end

I can't believe anyone would want to defend this movie. I started cracking up at how bad that was.
>>
Trank deserves the shit he gets and so does the movie. Of course you could argue he was given a project too big for him given his experience and the usual studio boogeyman statements, but it doesnt change the fact that Trank was unprofessional and wasted everyones time/money. You give this guy the wheel to make a Fantastic Four movie, yet instead he slyly tries to do Chronicle 2 and the studio has to step in to salvage what little they can. For fuck sake the thing didnt even have and ending a few short months prior to release
>>
>>88883293
Because FOX is scared of source materials. They are always under the impression that no one will want to see a comic book movie, yet want to make them anyways because they're popular names. That alone is the dumbest logic I've ever heard, but that's how they work.

Deadpool is the first time I watched a FOX comic movie and actually felt like it was fairly adapting the source material.
>>
File: 1469315312180.png (261KB, 553x490px) Image search: [Google]
1469315312180.png
261KB, 553x490px
>>88884634
There was a lot of cringy dialogue now that you got me thinking about it.

>Kosovo? You don't have an accent
>[in silly accent] I don't?
>awkward chuckles

>>88884697
Eh, but it's also the studio's fault for greenlighting the script and changing their minds so late in the game
>>
Dont you love how its basically the story about 4 terrible people and Ben getting superpowers because they got drunk one night being upset over a project nearly 100 people worked on yet came to the conclusion they should get all the credit?
>>
>>88884899
Johnny was borderline supervillain in the movie.

>What if we say no?
>Just say yes
>>
>>88884899
Yeah, the scene where they get drunk and that's the reason for the accident is so stupid, I don't see why they didn't just follow the comic they were adapting there, the accident even dislocates all of the four to different parts of the world so they could have used that to establish each of their powers individually
>>
>>88883958
I'm convinced there was a legit Fox shill here a month ago. He was asking us our ideas for a non-MCU FF reboot but kept trying to force his use on us. That idea being another origin story. He got mad when we told him no.
>>
>>88884731
>Deadpool is the first time I watched a FOX comic movie and actually felt like it was fairly adapting the source material.

Reminder that Fox slashed the budget right before filming was started and Tim Miller's company did all the CGI likely for way less money than they would normally charge.

It was a success in spite of Fox's absolute dismissal.
>>
>>88884731
Because Fox didn't have their hand in Deadpool. They basically gave a Deadpoolfag(Reynolds) a really small budget and told him to fuck off. You can tell they never had faith in it because they released the movie in February(a notorious dumping month).

You'd think they would get their heads out their asses and listen to the fans but nope look at Logan.I know they can't do a true Old Man Logan but damn they didn't even try.
>>
>>88885076
There was just so much wrong with that scene its baffling
>Next to no one is guarding the billion dollar machine
>Team is retarded enough to think working on said device gives them qualifications to EXPLORE A DIFFERENT DIMENSION.
>Reed calls Ben over because Ben is great at handing tools
>Retarded exploration ensues
>Big shockwave from machine hits an entire city block.....and yet Sue is the only one outside who gets powers????
Also Ben had every right to be pissed at Reed. His life was sufferring
>>
Funny thing about that movie was there was some actual interesting stuff in there. Like it was pieces of a butchered Chronicle 2 script. They should have made that instead of this flop.
>>
>>88885348
nah it's just UFF. Seriously, did they pay Millar for using the story?

>Reed is a child genius who displayed his curiosity from the day he was born. At the age of 11, following a demonstration of his research on the field of teleportation at a school science fair, Reed was recruited for a government program which sponsors young geniuses' research. He continued his research at the government research facility located in Manhattan's Baxter Building. At the age of 21 his research was realized as he and several others attempted to teleport organic material through an alternate plane of existence called the N-Zone. The experiment went awry giving Reed and several others superpowers. His powers enable him to stretch his body parts to incredible lengths and endow him with enhanced durability.
>>
>>88884634
>>88884808
And the scene between Sue and Reed. Ugh.
>>
>>88882222
When does the cucking begin?
>>
File: if only you knew.jpg (65KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
if only you knew.jpg
65KB, 577x537px
>>88882222
>Shame the studios had to meddle in this and butcher it
You say that as if Fox was trying to make an actual movie instead of a pile of crap in order to keep owning the trademark.
>>
>>88885256
>Big shockwave from machine hits an entire city block.....and yet Sue is the only one outside who gets powers????

I thought for sure that a ton of other people would get powers and that they would have to stop them, kind of like in Flash. Maybe that was the plan for the sequel?
>>
>>88885348
>Like it was pieces of a butchered Chronicle 2 script

No, it wasn't.
>>
>>88885256
if - and that a never now - they would have made a sequel, this could have been used to establish a villain with powers, I'm sure.

>some street musician taking a break and listening to music
>gets hit by the wave
>turns into a shittier version of Klaw

I'm sure something of the sort would've happened.
>source: my ass
>>
>>88885877
I would love a live action Namor. But maybe it's best we didn't get a live action Fox Namor
>>
>>88885348
New Power Rangers seems more like Chronicles 2.
I enjoyed the FF movie a lot, after reading on ferchin that it was sooooOOoooo bad seemed like a conspiracy against Trank or something, BUT if it ended with just a powered up Doom I could see it being viewed as bad.
>>
>>88886346
haha i just saw the trailer or promo material where a hot girl was getting bullied in high school and went NOOOOOOPE. maybe i'll check it out when a decent torrent gets released
>>
>>88884567
oh god
>>
>>88884731
You got it slightly wrong, the main reason to make this movie was stopping the competition from making money (by retaining the rights that would have otherwise gone back to Disney). It's kind of like making money, but the dark side of it.
>>
>>88886011
Fox never had Namor's rights, Universal did.
>>
File: Doctor Doom.jpg (130KB, 1226x910px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Doom.jpg
130KB, 1226x910px
>>88887828
The intent was to make a bunch of money by forcing Disney to come to the table to essentially buy back their own comic company's IP.
>>
>>88887917
I don't know that that's the case. If the movie was successful they'd have no incentive to sell the rights back.
Also it's like Monopoly, it's as valuable to stop your opponent from making money as it is to make money yourself. Or at least that's the reasoning towards economic competition nowadays.
>>
File: Calendar_Girl's_Face.png (112KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
Calendar_Girl's_Face.png
112KB, 330x248px
>>88886490
>a hot girl was getting bullied in high school and went NOOOOOOPE

Girls are vicious. 10/10 girls look at themselves in the mirror and don't think they're pretty.
>>
>>88888209
>10/10 girls look at themselves in the mirror and don't think they're pretty.
Low self esteem, lying, or maybe they aren't actually pretty. Then what?
>>
>>88888146

It probably was but I don't think they expected the production to become such a disaster. Why attempt to fix the film with reshoots if trying to hold on to the rights was the only thing? I think they wanted to keep the rights but also release a movie that barely lost money at worst.
>>
>>88883958
It wouldn't surprise me. They (or at least Kinberg) were trying to say that Fant4stic would get a sequel but it's obvious it's all talk. That film was a financial disaster and the cast would rather move on to other things.

The most likely thing they'll do is reboot. Or if they're really desperate, end up handing back the FF rights in a deal (obviously they'd need to get something from Disney in return).
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.