[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I guess the Miles killing Hydra Cap vision and the upcoming Jessica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 18

File: Screenshot_20170103-124317.jpg (738KB, 1393x2177px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170103-124317.jpg
738KB, 1393x2177px
I guess the Miles killing Hydra Cap vision and the upcoming Jessica Jones Hydra related issue are Bendis shoving his shit OCs into Spencer's event.

Who will stop him?
>>
>>88864519
>stopping Bendis
It sounds like ou still have a bit of that 'hope' stuff left in there somewhere.
>>
File: enough.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>Bendis will deny the push of a character that deserves it by forcing his shitty pet characters into the story
>>
>>88864519
Guess Spencer is an architect at marvel now, so having your shit interrupted is part of the job
>>
>>88864650
Man, Bendis is petty as fuck.
>>
>>88864581
Maybe but fuck I was interested in HydraCap arc but I won't buy it if Miles has a significant role in it.

Fucking Bendis should be preoccupied more with giving him an actual personality and stories that don't rely on crossovers other heroes or Peter Parker related characters.
>>
>>88864634

>instead of a character like Songbird or Zemo who could use the push or at least Bucky or Sam who actually play a role in this story, Captain Hydra will be stopped by one of Bendis' shitty pets OCs
>>
>>88864926
Songbird or Taskmaster defeating Steve would be the best outcome since it makes sense and propel them out of the C-List ghetto.
>>
What I'm wondering is why hasn't Cap done anything to prevent his predicted death.
You know what I bet? He dresses Jack Flag up as Cap and has Miles kill him.
>>
>>88864926
Zemo stopping him would be pretty sweet, especially if he gets something out if it.

Like Hill makes a deal with him that if he stops Cap he gets his own Government/SHIELD Tbolt team and his past crimes overlooked and Zemo accepts but after defeating Cap he also reveals he wants Cap in his team and he gets him with a shock collar and all Zemo does is humiliate him and enjoy ordering him around and Cap who is back to normal takes everything because he feels like shit.

Lol now that I think about it it does sound pretty gay but it's totally in Helmut's character.
>>
Reminder that Bendis singlehandedly killed the hot new household franchise "Guardians of the Galaxy" in the comics to the point it starting making only as much money as when they were obscure Z-listers despite the huge brand recognition from the movies.
>>
>>88865285

That sounds like a pretty sadistic BDSM relationship. I like it.
>>
>>88865253
Selvig asks him that after Steve tells him of the vision and if I recall Steve said that his death wouldn't matter in the long run if he got Hydra in control of the world and that it would be worth it.
>>
>>88865313

Reminder that he also managed to squander the opportunity to get movie fags into comics with Avengers Assemble. I get the feeling he is attaching is worthless ass to books with MCU properties to desperately hide the fact that he isn't selling the way he used to. All the MCU synergy books he did tanked and I think it's at least in part because of his shit-tier writing.
>>
I'm still just really curious how this event will go down. Like, is it just Hydra marching on the White House, and all the heroes panic? Also the Miles kills Cap shit.
>>
>>88865401
How is JJ doing anyway?

>I get the feeling he is attaching is worthless ass to books with MCU properties to desperately hide the fact that he isn't selling the way he used to
He is. In fact, he gets to choose which books he writes before anybody else. His power within the company is ridiculous.
>>
>Bendis:I definitely thought that these two love each other so much and in a way, Carol and Tony are tighter than Tony and Capt were, even though they're all very close. They share so much about recovery and other issues they've shared over the years.
>>
>>88865490
did that actually happen?
>>
>>88865414
I'm pretty sure that, at the end, nothing will hapen to Miles. Fucking nothing.
>>
>>88865517
Tony was Carol's AA sponsor so there is some truth to it
>>
>>88865465

>Jessica Jones #1 74,291
>Jessica Jones #2 36,893

Not that good. It's unlikely to stabilize at 36k and most Bendis books slipped into the 20ks pretty quickly. I know fans of his Alias and a couple of MCU-only people who tried it out because of the show and immediately dropped it for being shit.

>He is. In fact, he gets to choose which books he writes before anybody else. His power within the company is ridiculous.

It's disgusting. I think a good chunk of the blame for Marvel being garbage lies on the shoulders of Bendis since everyone else has to fix his messes or has his shit derail what they were doing. There is a reason one of the first things Feige did was to stop him from having any influence on the movies.
>>
>>88865490
I can see that working, even though Tony and Cap are fuckbuddies, he could relate more to Carol because they're both drunkie fuck ups.

I mean, it'd make sense for both to feel inadequate to be in the spotlight when they know Cap is so much better (as a leader and overall person) at it.
>>
>>88865615
>There is a reason one of the first things Feige did was to stop him from having any influence on the movies.
I wonder, what could have happened if Bendis influences wouldn't been stopped?
>>
>>88865352
Pretty sure it would be like that because Helmut desperately tries to dom and outalpha Cap in almost every encounter that they have

Although deep down inside Helmut has a small secret need for Steve's acceptance and approval (he was mad that Steve never gave him a chance to redeem himself like he did with Bucky after all) which honestly is also something that other Marvel characters have (Hawkeye for example) mainly because Steve has that effect on people.
>>
>>88865615
>Feige did was to stop him from having any influence on the movies
I'm pretty sure the Comics Code was mostly harmless. Aside of that rumour of Bendis stealing ideas from early GotG scripts the real problem was Ike being a cheapstake.

The complains of the guy who started the MCU with a box of scraps and the faces of it held more weight than the literally who boss from a sinking ship.
>>
>>88865720

I have a rough idea what would have happened to Scarlet Witch, for starters. Generally speaking he likely would have tried to shove his pet waifus/husbandos/OCs in there.
>>
>>88865743

Hilariously enough, Helmut seems to have stopped being evil in the Avengers Assemble cartoon because of a pep talk from Steve.
>>
>>88865490
To be honest Steve and Tony were close in the beginning but post CW they started drifting apart and Hickman pretty much killed them (both figuratively and literally) woth the mindwipe and when he had their last encounter before the end of the world be of both of them trying to kill each other.

Tony and Steve also weren't ever in the same page like Tony and Carol were before CW II, Carol and Tony share a lot of similarities and understand each other better than Tony and Steve.

Hell I can even fucking argue that Hawkeye and Namor in a way are closer to Steve than Tony is.
>>
>>88865401
>>88865313
Reminder Bendis wanted to kill Peter Parker in CW II and make Miles Morales the only Spider-Man, but Dan "only-based-for-one-meeting" Slott cockblocked his plans and mocked him on Twitter.
>>
Bendis is the hero we deserve. His shitty OC characters and diversity push is killing Marvel. This last event was negatively received by pretty much everyone. Once this new marvel dies we can go back to a simpler time of clones and Osborn cucking Peter.
>>
>>88865910
>mocked him on twitter

when was this, give dan his one due
>>
>>88865931
>"This is not my first rodeo, you bald kike faggot"
Dan really needs to chill up if he wants to keep his job at Marvel.
>>
>>88864519
>see Jessica Jones for a little bit of that
The only connection JJ has to Civil War II is that woman Carol wrongfully arrested now wanting revenge on all superheroes because she's butthurt.
>>
>>88865930
>He's is being shit on purpose since he knows this is the only way to defeat Perlmutter
Punished Bendis.
>>
>>88865766
I kniw Gunn alluded in one of his Facebook videos to the Creative Comittee, or whatever Bendis and co called themselves, giving him problems when he was writing the Thanos scenes into the GotG movie.
>>
>>88864926
I doubt it. Now that Captain Hydra is aware of this possible future, he'll take measures to avoid it from happening, which we know is something that can be done with Ulysses' visions.
He'll either take Miles out of action or make sure to revise his plans to avoid ever being in front of the Capitol.
>>
>>88865930
>and diversity push is killing Marvel
Some of Marvel's highest selling comics were done so because of their diversity push. Gave us Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Blade.
>>
>>88866006
I wonder if they'll get Starlin in as an advisor for IW.
>>
>>88866020
>selling
>>88857451
>>
>>88865930
>Once this new marvel dies we can go back to a simpler time of clones and Osborn cucking Peter.

Marvel won't die because Marvel is still a heavy hitter. The movies are keeping them above water. If you think they'll die out in this decade, you're stupid.

Not only that, but Disney is backing them. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>88866020
Yes, but those didn't seem forced like the new stuff. You can't tell me Miles or Whor or gay bobby don't feel forced or pushed.
>>
>>88866043
I'm pretty sure he meant "Dying" as in their current ideology and style, not in an out of business kinda death.
>>
File: mfw civil war 2.png (528KB, 529x694px) Image search: [Google]
mfw civil war 2.png
528KB, 529x694px
>Miles playing a major role
Hydra War confirmed substanceless shit
>>
>>88866020
Also one of the biggest failures of ANAD Marvel was attempting to make Tony Stark into Marvel's flagship character.

The diversity push can be annoying sometimes but from a business point of view their faith in Bendis is a bigger liability.
>>
>>88866056

gay bobby is the only one that really seems forced.
Jane could've had a little more build-up before the reveal, since she had only appeared...once? in Aaron's run prior to her taking over.

and I didn't mind Miles origin/creation, he was off in his little thing, and its only bothersome if you were like really reading Ultimate Spidey, which most people weren't.
>>
File: 5744_ful.jpg (26KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
5744_ful.jpg
26KB, 300x464px
>>88865999
Nah she's going to deal with Hydra too.
>>
>>88866043
And some people will shill for them, for free.
>>
>>88866041
No, i'm not saying the currents are selling, i'm just adressing the fact that this is nothing new from them. It begs the question why even support them for doing something they stood on the ground of doing since their earliest conception.

>>88866056
>Yes, but those didn't seem forced like the new stuff. You can't tell me Miles or Whor or gay bobby don't feel forced or pushed.

Those things were extremely forced. They introduced Black Panther in a FF comic. The celebrated many of their black heroes as being the first black heroes. Even pandered to the black audience at that time.
>>
>>88866137
The Hydra logo represents the fact that the butthurt woman was arrested by Carol under suspicion of being Hydra.
>>
>>88866082
>as in their current ideology and style, not in an out of business kinda death.

You mean their leftist ideology that they've pushed forever?
>>
>>88866216
>their leftist ideology
This maymay will never die.
>>
>>88866198
Except the issue is solicited to be about "Jessica finding out about the deepest, darkest secret of the Marvel Universe and how only Jessica can stop it!" or some shit like that being heavily implied to be about her finding out that Cap is Hydra.
>>
>>88866242
it's not a meme
>>
>>88866251
Anon, Bendis solicitations should NEVER be taken at face value.
>>
>>88866253
No, it's a marketing ploy.
>>
>>88866024
Lol probably not, if it was Gunn writing and directing maybe since he had DnA read his GotG script and asked them what they thought about it.

I mean the Russos aren't really comic fans and they don't fucking get Cap at all like Mcfeely and Mcfeely do.

And it shows in tbe CW film commentary and in interviews. Russos said Cap is a static character who works best making other characters grow and develop while Markus and Mcfeely always talk about how Steve has changed since First Avenger. Russos draw most of their Cap stuff from Bru's ran while Markys and Mcfeely talk about Stan and Kirby runs (they particularly like Modok) and Gruenwald's run, they joked about Evans wearing the Nomad suit and are the ones who added Zola to the script in The Winter Soldier.
>>
>>88866285
>Mcfeely and Mcfeely
Shit I meant Markus and Mcfeely
>>
>>88866242
The entire mutant plight is huge social commentary.
>>
>>88866346
Wrong thread, Future Faggot.

I'm screencapping this shit and mocking you in the main thread.
>>
>>88866251
That's definetly not what the issue was about. It was about a butthurt woman about how much she hates superheroes (despite hiring super-villains) except Jessica because she hates her powers and isn't "like them". The woman asks Jessica to reveal the secrets of the superhero community in order to somehow use them to tear it all down (what secrets Jessica could possibly know that could matter is not explained).
>>
>>88866379
>That's definetly not what the issue was about
The issue's not out yet, anon.
>>
File: 1413801866157.png (116KB, 285x267px) Image search: [Google]
1413801866157.png
116KB, 285x267px
>>88866374
Oh jeez.
>>
>>88866362
>huge
Yeah, deep as fuck.
>>
>>88866411
Wait, wasn't that the solicit to issue 3? Because issue 3 is out.
>>
>>88866436
I reread that myself and thought about the adjective choice. Either way doesn't change the fact it was social commentary and Marvel has had a leftist agenda for the longest. Even introducing black heroes for the sake of them being black.
>>
>>88866475
Issue 4
>>
>>88866362
Originally the X-Men's mission was to protect humanity from evil mutants. The social commentary came later but only in fits and starts.

Oddly the run that made the X-Men popular, All-New All-Different, had hardly any social commentary or stories about mutants being hated. It barely came up at all until Days of Future Past and then God Loves: Man Kills and those stories were outliers at the time.
>>
>>88866515
Ah, never mind, we'll see what happens. It's probably something to do with that guy from another universe that presumably killed his wife.
>>
>>88866568
Yeah, it could just be about the Ultimate Conspiracy, which is a genuinely interesting hook that Bendis has done almost nothing with so far.
>>
>>88866492
>Marvel has had a leftist agenda for the longest
Yeah, I'm sure that they never ever intended to make money with progressive agendas.
>>
>>88866568
It's the cover for issue 3 in Marvel's website.
>>
>>88866591
what
>>
>>88866591
>Yeah, I'm sure that they never ever intended to make money with progressive agendas.

Marvel is all around a business. Their entire foundation is on the basis of making money no matter how you look at it.

Luke Cage was conceived to cash-in on the blacksploitation films of that time.
>>
>>88865910
>>88865931
>>88865976
Slott can be based when wants to.
>>
>>88866654
Exactly. Leftist ideology, my ass.
>>
>>88866715
Their writers certainly all have one and are allowed to push it without restraint
>>
>>88866691
Nobody messes with Dan's husbando.
>>
File: ojsimpson.jpg (23KB, 300x472px) Image search: [Google]
ojsimpson.jpg
23KB, 300x472px
>>88866754
>working for a Disney company
>leftists
>>
>>88866715
But understand this came from the creators leftist ideology. Marvel says they want a black hero. The creator pitches some good ideas and narratives that coincide with the current politics and movements going on.
>>
>>88866792
Yes, that's what I'm saying
>>
>>88864519
>>88864650
Spencer shouldn't even still have his job after the shit he's said on social media. Only right-wing people get disciplined for that, I guess.
>>
>>88866818
>>88866891
That's not leftism, that's opportunism.
>>
>>88867075
Which is the very foundation of Marvel.

See: Stan Lee.
>>
>>88864519

>shoving his shit OCs into Spencer's event.

like you guys know they have at least yearly meetings to plan stuff out right?
>>
>>88867075
If that's the case, they should've pandered to the Rightist during the time when they were the majority instead of siding with leftist. It came from a position of wanting money and also siding with the left.
>>
>>88866818
>>88867075
>>88867117

Kirby created Black Panther because he realized there were no black heroes and that was messed up
>>
>>88867133
>they should've pandered to the Rightist during the time when they were the majority
Ultimates, anon.

>>88867117
So I am right.

>>88867147
Yeah, but he called him Black Tiger or something at first; then someone (Lee?) changed it into Panther for opportunistic reasons.
>>
>>88867263
>then someone (Lee?) changed it into Panther for opportunistic reasons.

What opportunist reason?
>>
>>88867133
Remember, people in this business don't know many people who disagree with them. They often literally don't know that there's money to be made by pandering to the right.

When rah-rah patriotism became fashionable (not just on the right) after 9/11 Marvel comics jumped on that bandwagon. But usually they think they're keeping up with the zeitgeist when they really are only keeping up with half of it.
>>
>>88865186
What's taskmaster been up too?
>>
>>88867124
He could have shoved them in the meetings, you know and it also doesn't stop rhings like Bendis changing the ending for his shit event.

Also judging from Millar's account of how CW was done it feels like Editors don't do their jobs and writers di whatever the fuck they want anyway.
>>
>>88867298
>Black Panther
Think.

>>88867330
A lot of readers think and/or hope that Marvel will start pandering to the right now that there's a Republican gov't again, and considering that the Marvel CEO donated to Drumpf.
>>
>>88867298

like the name of the group...
>>
>>88867375
>>88867377
Black Panther came before the Black Panther Party.
>>
>>88867347

he got shot in the head.
>>
>>88867263
>I didn't read Ultimates

Also the Black Panther character predates the group, they changed his name because they realized there were no tigers in Africa.
>>
>>88867377
>>88867375
The Black Panther came first tho
>>
>>88867133
>they should've pandered to the Rightist during the time when they were the majority instead of siding with leftist.
Keep in mind the demographics that tend to read comics. There have always been more left-leaning comics readers than right-leaning ones.
>>
>>88867263

it was Coal Tiger or something. there's sketches of the original designs on the net somewhere
>>
>>88867377
>>88867375
>The Black Panther
July 1966

>The Black Panther Party
October 1966

Riddle me this, Batman. The Black Panther came before the Black Panther Party, and the Black Panther Party did not get its name from The Black Panther. So where did the name "Black Panther" come from?

I'm interested in seeing your answer, Anon.
>>
>>88867413
>>88867436
>>88867433
Not under that name.

>>88867481
>Coal Tiger is the original name suggested for the Black Panther and is clothed in the original costume designed by Jack Kirby.
I even had the pic around.
>>
>>88867433
>>88867436

hilariously T'challa got out like a few months before the party formally founded. There's an Avengers panel where he talks about not caring if he shares the name with any american groups
>>
>>88867377
You mean the group that was created after Black Panther? Both Black Panther, the character, and the Black Panthers, the group, were named after the Black Panther Squadron, an all-black squadron from WWII.
>>
>>88867413
>>88867436
This. They in fact briefly tried to change Black Panther's name to Black Leopard once the real-world group surfaced. They later changed it back to Black Panther once they realized how pointless it was, T'Challa even said in-universe that it was a mistake because the name predates the group and he wasn't going to go against his culture just because he's worried about what some people might think.
>>
What book hasn't Miles fucking appeared in? What even goes on in his solo book anyway? I don't fucking know, apparently nothing. I don't like to throw around the label Poochie, but holy shit Miles is in fact Poochie tier thanks to Bendis. And don't give me "Miles just needs another writer" shit, because the damage has been done. People are sick of seeing him.
>>
>>88867347
He was in one of the Cap issues where they went to Madripoor and got beat up by Steve.

Going by future solicits Taskmaster will be the first person to discover the whole Hydra Cap thing and not be immediately killed or coma'ed by Steve, chances are he will use it to his advantage (or Cap will by paying Tasky to shut up and have Taskmaster work for him).
>>
>>88867375
I think there will be a lot of attempts to bridge the gap between Red and Blue America and understand the mind of a Trump supporter, etc. They were already doing some of that when they thought Clinton was going to win.

What would be hard is portraying a character who has the "wrong" views on certain issues but is still sympathetic. Especially social issues because these are the issues that entertainment people really care about.

(They don't care so much about war or economics, so even though opposing gay marriage is a perfectly mainstream position around the world, it's harder to find a sympathetic character who opposes gay marriage. They don't care so much about opposing war, so war supporting characters can be sympathetic.)
>>
>>88867500
>>88867481

Btw isn't that name a bit racist anyway?
>>
>>88867531
>opposing gay marriage is a perfectly mainstream position around the world
/pol/ gtfo
>>
>>88867375
>A lot of readers think and/or hope that Marvel will start pandering to the right now that there's a Republican gov't again
Anon, just because there's a republican government doesn't mean that creators are suddenly going to be inclined to support the government. Quite the opposite, remember the Bush era? This is going to be worse.
More importantly, the real problem is that there aren't that many conservative writers.
>>
>>88867521
>What even goes on in his solo book anyway?
Ironically, his solo book spends 90% of its time on Miles' supporting cast. There's entire issues devoted to Miles' friends and Miles' dad, more issues about them than about Miles at this point.
>>
>>88867500
Both The Black Panther Party and superhero got their name from The 761st. AKA The Black Panther.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/761st_Tank_Battalion_(United_States)
>>
>>88867521
I believe Miles is Bendis self insert.
>>
>>88867579
Lampooning the Bush era got us the Ultimate Universe which was fucking awesome.
>>
>>88867531
>What would be hard is portraying a character who has the "wrong" views on certain issues but is still sympathetic
Nick Spencer did a surprisingly good job with USAgent.
>>
File: Howling Commandos.jpg (501KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
Howling Commandos.jpg
501KB, 1024x787px
>>88867517
Kirby also put a black guy on the Howling Commandos even though there would never have been one in a real WWII squadron.

That whole lineup is sort of a guide to how a "diverse" lineup in 1963 looks different today. War stories tried to have lots of different ethnicities represented (Italian, Irish, Jewish) but today the differences between those groups don't matter as much.

That could mean the Champions lineup won't look diverse at all in 50 years.
>>
>>88867599
No, Ganke is Miles' self-insert. Hence why Miles' comic spends more time on Ganke than it does Miles.
>>
>>88867579
>remember the Bush era?
Remember the Ultimates?

>>88867607
>Lampooning
lol
>>
>>88867501
The BP group was officially founded on October of 1966

The character first appeared as Black Panther in Fantastic Four #52 on July 1966 and he was called Black Panther.
>>
>>88867263
>>88867375
You just know that around the time the Black Panther movie comes out Fox News, Breitbart and co. are going to rant about the Black Panther Party and ignore the fact that T'Challa came first.
>>
>>88867618
>there would never have been one in a real WWII squadron
Why do I have the impression that's incorrect?

>>88867652
The group might have been around before they got the official name.
>>
>>88867663
>The group might have been around before they got the official name.
But if they didn't run under the name Black Panther, how did he get the name?
>>
>>88867663

seee

>>88867591
>>
>>88867677
Well, panthers are black and live in Africa. Common sense, I guess?
>>
>>88867663
So you're saying that Stan Lee somehow heard about a group of obscure radical African-American activists and somehow knew about their "unofficial name" and decided to name a comic book character after them.
For what purpose?
>>
>>88867562
it is, sorry darling
>>
>>88867663
>Why do I have the impression that's incorrect?
I don't know why you have that impression, is it really that unbelievable that racism was a thing in the 40s?
Segregation was official army policy until 1948.
>>
File: Cheerleading.jpg (21KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Cheerleading.jpg
21KB, 270x270px
>>88867708
>For what purpose?
M-O-N-E-Y
MONEY!

>>88867728
>darling
Gay spotted. Wedding when?
>>
>>88867677

it's a Wakandan title passed down through generations
>>
>>88867540
Man-Ape is more racist/hilarious
>>
File: BENIS.png (554KB, 647x772px) Image search: [Google]
BENIS.png
554KB, 647x772px
>>88866006
>Gunn told Chris Pratt to never read Bendis's run and that if he must read to read DnA

Such a great guy.
>>
>>88867610
Becausr Spencer loves USAgent, not to mention he had the Green Skull get his ass kicked by Sam and Flag Smasher (even if it was an LMD) who are both left wing villains and he portrayed them as being in the wrong (although it didn't stop some SJWs from praising Flag Smasher).

Spencer leans left but he also criticized other leftwingers, especially radical leftists, and he also shat a lot on Bernie.

If anything he's more of a Hillary shill than anything.
>>
>>88867625
Then why is Miles the one who gets the pussy instead of fat Ganke?
>>
>>88867733
I won't be surprised if one day I find a book about a squadron that had soldiers of different races.

>>88867746
It is.
>>
>>88867735
How exactly did Stan Lee expect to make money by naming a character after a group of radicals he had no way of knowing would ever become famous?
>>
>>88867704
You're saying:

>Marvel cashed in on the character Black Panther by naming him something popular at that time

>However the party wasn't significant at the time and wasn't formed until a several months after

>You then say, "because they weren't under that banner but they still existed"

>However this contradicts the point that Black Panther got his name from them, seeing how the party didn't go by that name until several months after
>>
>>88867663

because the army was still segregated until 1948
>>
>>88867625
I want to believe not-Ganke in Spider Man Homecoming is just a intentional fuck you to Bendis that basically says "No, we're never doing Miles"
>>
>>88867754
Because Bendis doesn't need to have sex, he just jerks off to strong black men.
>>
>>88867766

i'm really shocked by how positively people are talking about the Black Panther Party itt. you'd think with /pol/ it would be the worst kind of shit
>>
>>88867766
>>88867774
Lee always was smart as fuck, anons.
>>
>>88867735
What the fuck kind of money would he have won? You realize Marvel's leftist tactics back then got them shit from the general public even Kirby for daring to have Cap fight Nazis got the American Nazi Party breathing down his neck (before he intimidated them).

The US wasn't always PC culture.
>>
>>88867811
Anon, nobody is talking positively about the Black Panther Party, we're just pointing out the fact that T'Challa predates the group and there's no way Stan Lee was trying to cash in on them or whatever.
>>
>>88867783
Sony is doing an animated Miles movie. It will bomb since

>Sony
>>
>>88867842
DC had similar problems. Ferro Lad of the LoSH was intended to be a black guy, but editorial said no because they were afraid of losing sales in the South.
>>
>>88867855

Trying to cash in on them implies they'd be appealing to people when the group was constantly smeared and fucked with.
>>
>>88867896

DC was so much worse about it though. there's also Tyroc and Vathlo Island
>>
>>88867375
>A lot of readers think and/or hope that Marvel will start pandering to the right now that there's a Republican gov't again,
I wish this whole "You're only allowed to like things that agree with your political views" meme would end.
>>
Sean Howe
>Shortly before Fantastic Four #52 went into production, The New York Times ran an article about the Lowndes County Freedom Organization, a political party that had formed in Alabama under the leadership of Stokely Carmichael and the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee. The LCFO’s logo, a black panther, was so striking that reports began calling the group the Black Panther party. When Fantastic Four #52 hit the stands, the Coal Tiger—the African adventurer whom Lee and Kirby had kept in cold storage for months—had a new name.
>>
Aparently both the Black Panther and the Black Panthers were named after a black tank squadron from one of the World Wars or something, acording to /co/
>>
>>88867945
Well, considering how Marvel sales are in the shitter I understand that people.
>>
>>88867774
Why so you bother, he's either trolling you or a retard who can't admit to his shitty wrong logic.
>>
>>88867954
So you're saying that Stan Lee read in the paper about some political party in Alabama and decided to name a hero after them?
>>
>>88868023
>>88867954
Stay btfo.
>>
>>88867750
Nick Spencer also frequently goes on rants about millenials in his books.
>>
>>88868032
I'm not, Howe is.
>>
>>88867749
I don't know why but it gives me the impression he told him that just to spite Benis.

It's funny how Gunn developed a hateboner for him after the first GotG.
>>
From wiki
>The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party, though not the black panther logo of the party's predecessor, the Lowndes County Freedom Organization, nor the segregated World War II Black Panthers Tank Battalion. He is the first black superhero in mainstream comic books; virtually no black heroes were created before him, and none with actual superpowers.
>>
Basically his name origin is up in the air, unless Stan has said otherwise in the past?
>>
>>88867783
Which is funny because it takes shit from Miles' run, like turning Ned Leeds into Ganke.
>>
File: ZKCXVpE.jpg (206KB, 1220x918px) Image search: [Google]
ZKCXVpE.jpg
206KB, 1220x918px
>>88868110

well he's not SAYING it
>>
>>88868115
Wouldn't you? I don't know this guy but I despise him since the Ultimates tien in.
>>
>>88868117
I trust Howe more.
>>
>>88868117
Either way he came before the party.
>>
>>88868110
Well then Howe is just speculating. It seems pretty unlikely to me.
>>
>>88868153
He is. Read the post.
>>
>>88868189
>Marvel Comics: the Untold Story
>just speculations
OK bud
>>
>>88868202

no he's not.
>>
>>88868156
That quote you provided was nothing but speculation and implication, dame as this wiki quote
>>
>>88868154
>Wouldn't you?
Yes, he seems preachy and entitled. I don't think I can forgive him for what he did with Guardians, even if they were going to be synergize'd anyway because of the movie his run was pure garbage.
>>
>>88867750
You kno,w USAgent would be a nice adition to USAvengers.
>>
>>88868228
Most of it comes from documented interviews and is thus trustworthy, yes.
But does he actually know why Stan Lee came up with the name Black Panther? Did he ask him? This particular part is speculation.
>>
>>88868234
>posting a still from some TV series proves me right
OK bud.

>>88868247
>he's lying because I don't like what he says
OK bud.
>>
>>88868259
>a hue is the leader of the USA themed avengers
What did Al "continuity sucker" Ewing meant by this?
>>
>>88867750
Spencer is very pro-establishment democrat. He doesn't want any rocking of the boat. On twitter he'd argue with anyone who said negative or criticized Hilary Clinton. The left and the right, didn't matter.
>>
>>88868117
So which is it the logo or the tank battalion we're not getting anywhere.
>>
>>88867579
>the real problem is that there aren't that many conservative writers.
Blame the blacklist.
>>
>Spencer getting BTFO by Benis.

Is Bendis momentarily /ourguy/?
>>
>>88868287
Who are you quoting? When did I call him a liar?
>>
>>88868254
The train wreck that was Civil War II didn't help either.
I don't know how this guy hasn't been fired yet
>Turning Tony into an idiot
>Turning Carol into a fascist dyke
>Turning Kamala into an insufferable whiny girl (Tho I blame Waid for that too)
>The whole event leaded to nothing because most of those fucking previews were of past events and just one or two were about future events
>>
>>88867750
>Spencer leans left but he also criticized other leftwingers, especially radical leftists, and he also shat a lot on Bernie.
You forget when he said the "good Republican" was a myth.
>>
>>88868305

America is a land anyone can move to and rise in position regardless of status.

>>88868338

lol
>>
>>88868338
>attacking porn
Based blacklist.
>>
>>88868333
That's what I'm saying, it's up in the air. But aparently that's wrong because anon says so
>>
>>88868341
Spencer > Benis

You /pol/ cucks need to make everything black and white like faggots.
>>
>>88867954
>Sean Howe
Guy has written some innacurate shit and bases some of his content from word of mouth, he got some things wrong about the Comics Code and Busiek has even debunked one of his stories and corrected another one.
>>
File: _2014-11-05_20-29-24.jpg (61KB, 395x682px) Image search: [Google]
_2014-11-05_20-29-24.jpg
61KB, 395x682px
>>88868361
>America is a land anyone can move to and rise in position regardless of status
>>
>>88868362
>Attacking porn
>Based
Anon, are a progressive social justice tumblrina?
>>
>>88868361
>America is a land anyone can move to and rise in position regardless of status
America yes!
>>
>>88867618
Except that the Champions lineup is already retardedly overdiverse
>>
>>88868259
Only if he gets to bleach adult Danielle even more and trigger Bendis
>>
>>88868381
>Busiek
>implying Marvel creators were ever trustworthy, especially after all that Lee/Kirby/Ditko shebang
>>
>>88867500
>July 1966
It's cover dated July, which means it actually came out in May and was probrably drawn in April.
>>
>>88868361
>If you are smart
>>88868390
/pol/ you have your own fucking board (where you can't post lewd) fuck off.
>>
>>88867930
There's also the Black Bomber, a white racist who would unknowingly turn into a black man during times of stress. It never saw publication.

http://comicsvault.blogspot.com/2010/07/great-moments-in-comics-black-bomber.html
>>
>>88868397
Anon, can you read?

>>88868430
Why didn't you move up the social ladder, anon?
>>
File: 1476151494808.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1476151494808.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>88868397
>The left and the right hate porn.

What have we become?
>>
>>88868349
>Turning Kamala into an insufferable whiny girl
>in champions she's ms. no fun allowed mc preachy
The only good thing to come out of the diversity bullshit and they mope the floor with her.
>>
>>88868362
tumblr fuck off
>>88868420
How do we trigger Bendis /co/mrades?
>>
>bendis shoving his OCs into another story

Why is marvel such a fucking fanboy shithole of a corporation my god?
>>
>>88868358
>Republicans represent all of rightwing America
>>
>>88868423
Knowing Kirby, it was probably drawn in February or March. Dude was always waaaay ahead of schedule.
>>
>>88868406
So diverse they even have a straight white guy on it and I mean it unironically.
>>
>>88868364
Not him, but it's most likely the Tank Battalion seeing how they actually bared the name.
>>
>>88868362
>Attacking porn
>Based
Anon, are you a progressive social justice tumblrina?
>>
>>88868452
The right are the only ones that have seriously actually tried making anti-porn laws though.
>>
>>88868472
No, we also have neo-Nazis.
>>
>>88868467
>How do we trigger Bendis /co/mrades?
Make Kitty Pryde a muslim.
>>
>>88868506
I don't understand. What's wrong with porn?
>>
>>88868497
He could also be a Bible thumper like Ted Cruz or Santorum.
>>
>>88868506
I don't care if you're right or left, I just wanna see bitches stuffed with wieners.
>>
>>88868397
>>88868497
>bot

>>88868516
Ask that guy Shapiro.
>>
>>88868390
>>88868430
>>88868399
If you want to be specific the Republican party during the last election had multiple people who were the sons of immigrants such as Bobby Jindal, John Kasich and Marco Rubio running for president- several of whom were from minority groups. And Barack Obama is the son of divorced parents (or his mom was single, I can't remember) who is half-black and half-white and became president.

The kinds of structures which ensure that people whose families have been here for generations and are deeply ingrained into the political establishment before becoming president do not necessarily exist in the USA.

Arguably of course anyone can rise to power in a number of other countries through military force but the USA is one of the nations with a long democratic tradition of enabling relative newcomers to rise to power.
>>
>>88868476
>>88868423
So when did this NYT article about the BPP actually come out? >>88867954
>>
>>88868430

>if you are smart

dude the joke to make is that Bobby's family is rich as hell.
>>
>>88868406
>Except that the Champions lineup is already retardedly overdiverse
>Overdiverse

That's the first time I've ever seen that word.
>>
File: 1483453391328.jpg (75KB, 900x531px) Image search: [Google]
1483453391328.jpg
75KB, 900x531px
>>88868509
And anarcho-capitalists
>>
File: jtnxacd0zb1y.gif (1MB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
jtnxacd0zb1y.gif
1MB, 500x265px
>>88868516
The Right: It's a vile and won't someone think of the children?!
The Left: It's exploitative and won't someone think of the children?!
>>
>>88868536
So why aren't you climbing the social ladder?
>>
>>88868516
To left-wing feminists, it's demeaning to women.
To right-wing bible thumpers, it's sinful and promotes promiscuity and homosexuality.
>>
>>88868561
Real reason: They can't make enough money out of it.
>>
>>88868516

left- the porn industry is fucking horrific for everyone.
right- think of the children!
>>
>>88868433
I think the main problem with the Black Bomber is that it was pitched as an on-going comic books. As a concept it'd be a fantastic pitch for a novel.
>>
>>88868554
Maybe people shouldn't create fiction where the people who make up the majority make up a small minority.
>>
>>88868557
fucking children they ruin everything
>>
>>88868561
>To right-wing bible thumpers, it's sinful and promotes promiscuity and homosexuality.
The irony is that the Bible Belt consumes a lot of porn.
>>
>>88868558
Call me back in 40 years, if I'm not dead I'll be a millionaire
>>
>>88864650

Spencer doesnt deserve any of the shit he's been getting lately, guy needs to get his ass off cap and either onto another low level book like superior foes again or just write somewhere else.. The Fix is great and he's doing it inbetween all the horseshit he deals with doing a Cap book... must be like a vacation for him.
>>
>>88868406
1 White Hispanic
1 Arab
1 Green Chinese guy
1 Black guy
1 White guy
1 Android

How is that over diverse? It's equal it seems. Excluding the fact that Sam is White Hispanic.
>>
>>88868586
>right- think of the children!
B-But that would make me a pedo!
>>
>>88868608
That isn't really ironic. Did you know self-identified devout Christians are more likely to get abortions than than the general population? Not many of those Christians are Republicans.
>>
>>88868613
He's not chinse, he's korean.
>>
>>88868613
Don't forget Miles is half so they don't even have a whole black guy
>>
>>88868608
They do it in sinful shame and the response is always "It's not me, it's my neighbor. I would never watch Sativa Rose get 6 cocks shoved into her and then cry because it's too much and then have the creepy director fuck her right before her holes get filled again... no sir. Not me."
>>
>>88868611
So it was another of Sean Howe's lies?
>>
>>88868589
>Maybe people shouldn't create fiction where
See this where you fucked up my man. Because creators have the right to create whatever they want to. You can say you hate it, and you can say you don't agree. But if a creator wants to do that, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>88868613
Miles is also part hispanic. Cyclops is a mutant so he fills another minority in-universe, and so does Cuckmala.
>>
>>88868589
>Maybe people shouldn't create fiction where the people who make up the majority make up a small minority.

But they don't though. Because That team is one team out of the millions. And even still it's fiction where there's a horse man running around space with a hammer. Anything can happen.
>>
>>88868667
>Cuckmala
What happened to my guy Bruno anyway? Is he a ninja already?
>>
>>88868643
That's because Christians are less likely to use birth control and condoms.
If the right really cared about reducing abortions, teaching safe sex would be the way to go.
>>
>>88868658
>it's fiction XD
>>
>>88868684
Bruno got tired of Kamala's shit and went to a school in Wakanda.
>>
>>88868685
>If the right really cared about reducing abortions, teaching safe sex would be the way to go.
But aren't schools for that?
>>
>>88868649
>>88868667
Sam and Miles are both half and half so they make a full Hispanic guy together.
>>
>>88868706
>White male on We wus king: the nation
What? The fuck! Why?
>>
>>88868685
Actually it's because minorities are more likely to consider themselves devout and are more likely to get abortions

The only white people getting abortions are atheists
>>
>>88868696
But it is XD
>>
>>88868643
>>88868685
Abortion should be encouraged though, better dead than having to live a shitty life because their retarded parents ruined theirs.
>inb4 people would abuse of it
That's why you instate forced sterilization after 2 abortions and/or 3 kids.
>>
>>88868506
Looks like someone has never heard of the Dworkin-MacKinnon Antipornography Civil Rights Ordinance.

Anti-porn feminists were very active during the late 70s through the 80s in pursuing anti-porn legislation, to the point of working with conservative Christian groups.
>>
>>88868708
Guess who is against teaching safe sex in schools and makes laws banning doing so.
>>
>>88868708
no, schools are for keeping children busy for a few years.
>Learning things at school
>>
>>88868716
So you are saying they need to fuse?
>>
>>88868738
>t. Uzbekistan
>>
>>88868716
But they're manlets so they actually make one half of a Hispanic guy together.
>>
>>88868422
Howe doesn't source some of his shit and if he talks about Busiek and Baker while both of him call him on what he got wrong then it makes me doubt him especially when people who were actually there for those events and he wasn't contradict him.

He also is a little too in love with Stan Lee like how Mark Evanier is with Jack when he wrote his book about him.
>>
>>88868761
There is no such thing as a full Hispanic person, they are better off like this
>>
>>88868771
>But they're manlets so they actually make one half of a Hispanic guy together.
>But they're manlets

So they make a full sized Hispanic guy?
>>
>>88868783
What about Spaniar-*cucked by mudslimes even before the came to South America*

Nevermind.
>>
>>88868733
>>88868643
Care to provide some sources anon?
>>
>>88868758
No they should just be like most places and have a system that lumps people who can go to college together while having a trade school everyone else can go to. No child left behind was a retarded policy to enact. Instead of pretending everyone can go to college it should be teaching the ones that can't a trade or skill.
>>
>>88868515
And a Lesbian that way she will never be interested in the waifufags or black men.
>>
File: tumblr_mymd27hOjC1spxj76o1_500.gif (426KB, 462x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mymd27hOjC1spxj76o1_500.gif
426KB, 462x278px
Can we all agree that porn is fucking great and watching a lady get filled with dick is one of the greatest things in the world next to stuffing a lady with dick?
>>
>>88868789
Touche.

Fuck you for hurting my feelings ;_;
>>
>>88868716
What is Sam anyway? Mexican? Puerto Rican? Guatemalan?
>>
>>88868825
>muslim homosexual
Stoned to death arc approaching.
>>
>>88868872
He's Chicano. Mexican American.
>>
>>88868872
Puerto Rican.

But nobody gives a shit about that half.
>>
>>88868824
I was trying to imply that the american education system was a huge load, but I guess I didn't make it clear.
I like your idea though, have I heard it somewhere?
>>
>>88868748
The christians?
>>
>>88868872
Shiiiet you said Sam.

Disregard this post. >>88868923
>>
>>88868898
>stoning to death a density shifter
>>
>>88868952
Isn't miles half dominican?
>>
>>88868561
>Watch video of a man and a woman banging (or several men/several women)
>Somehow this will make you gay
>>
>>88868986
Don't worry, anon. She's can't phase through sacred muslim rocks.

Remember continuity is just an obstacle race :^).
>>
>>88868862
>stuffing a lady with dick?
mmm yes, I too, like those kinds of ladies
>>
>>88868996
My born again Christian cousin explained it like this to me once.

>"Anon, in porn you see a man and a woman doing something sacred. It's not just that though, you also see a mans erect penis. If you see that too much then you will soon crave his penis and not care about women. You will not care about gods law."

I'm pretty sure he's gay but deep in the closet.
>>
>>88868996
But banging young nubile page boys and dudes in bathrooms is not gay. Always remember that.
>>
>>88868586
>left- the porn industry is fucking horrific for everyone.
To be fair though, that is true. The porn industry fucking sucks.
>>
>>88869664
It depends. A lot of new talent are being smart about it. They go in do like 2-3 years worth of work within 16 months and then get the fuck out. They save up money, invest it and then go into some other career, often behind the scenes related or whatever. Mia Khalifa did that and she's still making bank. It's fucking nuts.

Then of course you have those who are in it for the long haul. They're usually fucked in the head and turn to escorting or stripping to keep making the same bank they made at their prime.

Dudes in porn... unless you're one of the lucky 4-5 who become well known, forget about it.
>>
>>88867523
I hope he has a big role to play however it goes down.
tasky is a personal fave of mine.
>>
>>88867749
DnA was great.
and he put benis in the bin too with his recommendation.
much love for the gunn.
>>
>>88870381
>much love for the gunn.
I don't know, man. He's the reason why we don't have Dick Rider in the MCU...
>>
>>88868491
Has he been verbally or literally emasculated for his crimes of association by sharing gender and sexuality with other rapist monsters?
If not, does he hate himself sufficiently for his indiscriminate and inconsiderate white-maleness?
They've got to do it right if he's there.
>>
>>88868557
Everyone else: please stop thinking about children and porn. It is not a good mix unless you are jimmy saville.
>>
>>88870416
Well, okay.
but I can't help but love someone who, on reading something by the bald one, comes away with a feeling of loathing.
it shows a kernel of good character that can't be overlooked.
>>
>>88870516
>tfw you'll never be invited to one of uncle Jimmies famous parties and have your turn at all the sweet treats with England's finest.

Why live?
>>
>>88870615
>tfw you'll never wake in the night hearing a rustling and clanking of jewelry.
> you'll never open your eyes to see jimmy leering down at you.
> you'll never see that face, looking like a witch made of tanned leather wearing a straw wig, twist into an eerie, hungry smile.
>Jim will never fix it for you.

Why indeed?
>>
>>88870762
We can get through this anon. Jimmies love will get us through this.
>>
>>88868928
Yeah, it's called half of the education systems in Europe.
>>
>>88864519
every event is a lead in to the next event.

Except for Secret Wars (2015), which was a jumping off point.
>>
>>88870416
Gunn just doesn't want to shove Rich into GotG for no good reason as it would ultimately lessen both of their characters to introduce them simultaneously. When asked about it recently he said that Rich is a good character who is on the table for phase 4 and beyond.

>>88870545
I went back and reread Bendis' run recently. Figured I ought to give it an honest shake with a fresh mindset. And you know what? I still hated it.

Even fully accepting the MCU synergy, even reading the characters as their actors to make up for the flat dialogue, hell even divorcing all of my opinions about the book as a continuation of something better... it's STILL terribly flat, boring, and often times, even inconsistent within the confines of its own continuity.

The sole redeeming quality of the book is the art. It's a damn nice showcase for some great artists. Everything else is inoffensive at best, and at worst, mind-bogglingly stupid when an ounce of thought is applied.
>>
>>88871028
>The sole redeeming quality of the book is the art. It's a damn nice showcase for some great artists

This has been Bendis pretty much since Secret Invasion.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.