[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do mermaids have metallurgy when you can't make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Tlm2pic000053.jpg (73KB, 830x517px) Image search: [Google]
Tlm2pic000053.jpg
73KB, 830x517px
How do mermaids have metallurgy when you can't make fire underwater?
>>
>>88864480
Hydrothermal vents?
>>
>>88864480
My guess would be geysers and underwater magma vents or what have you.

But I don't actually know anything about metallurgy so maybe those wouldn't actually be of any use.
>>
>>88864480
Magic

Alternatively, magic capable of boiling a section of the water to such high degrees that it can melt and soften metal.

Alternatively x2: He's the son of Poseidon and can fuck with your logic.
>>
>>88864480
Scavenging.
>>
>>88864480
why do you think mermaids rule the ocean? they're able to climb out onto land and make fire.
also something something geothermal vents
>>
I always assumed geothermal vents
>>
>>88864480

Hephestus made it for them.
>>
Considering Triton was mythologically the son of Poseidon, it was his dad's trident and a gift from the cyclopses.
>>
>>88864641
>cecaelians like Ursula are unable to harness this power
>they just collapse under their own weight on land
>>
>>88864480
volcanic vents?
>>
>>88864752
huh. who was the mom?
triton is also just what you call dude mermaids, so it's possible that's just a family name, yknow. like when you call every winged horse a pegasus

then sometimse you get shit named after people that doesnt resemble them at all, like typhon, lamia, echidna..
>>
Underwater volcano :^)
>>
Greek fire motherfuckers!
>>
>>88864480
the venereal diseases of sailors.
>>
>>88866211
That is a different kind of burning.
>>
>>88864480
He's Poseidon's son, he got it for his birthday back in the Golden Age.
>>
>>88864841
Amphitrite, the daughter of the titan of water and Poseidon's cousin, Whom he later married.
>>
>>88866354
aw, made an honest woman out of her
well i dunno man, I don't think our king triton is half god half titan, he doesn't come off that way. He's probably just a manfish like the others. but the historical triton probably did have something to do with their civilization at some point. he was probably the one getting people to fuck fish in the first place
>>
>>88866387
He fathered his own species called tritons that were the traditional mer people with fish tails for legs.
>>
>>88864480

Is that trident actually metallic? It might be made of coral, or some kind of stone, or a mineral that can be worked without heating.
>>
>>88866868
pfff, fathered them all by himself? greek myths are weird that way, man. if a god founds a species, they should have some special magic shit with them. like fairies and whatnot. something with powers that seems like it would descend from a god. mermaids are just what you get when you fuck fish
>>88867108
i mean it sure as fuck looks like gold, so..
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.