[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering buying the six Scott Pilgrim volumes but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_llq9pfOm5N1qbs6j4o1_400.gif (89KB, 228x434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llq9pfOm5N1qbs6j4o1_400.gif
89KB, 228x434px
I'm considering buying the six Scott Pilgrim volumes but I'm facing a terrible dilemma.
The color edition looks wayyy cooler than the original edition but it's wayyy more expensive.

Is it worth it ? or are color related features (like ramona's hair) and important scenes in color originally ?

Please no "scott pilgrim is shit lol" ITT, many people would care for your opinion if it was politely explained.
>>
I preferred the uncoloured version, actually. Colours don't add much to SP.
>>
>>88858140
thanks for your opinion, but isn't ramona's hair colors a feature of the narration ?
>>
File: bestGirl.png (265KB, 614x558px) Image search: [Google]
bestGirl.png
265KB, 614x558px
Do you think the money you would spend can be used on something else? If no then go for it OP, the color,like Lisa,is gorgeous.
>>
>>88858182
it's for my birthday actually haha but it's an expensive gift i asked that is why.
And yeah i saw they were pretty gorgeous, thanks for the insight.
>>
File: 931.jpg (119KB, 477x750px) Image search: [Google]
931.jpg
119KB, 477x750px
>>88858169
Yes, there's no colour at all in the original paperbacks beyond the cover. Her hair colour always changing but the reader never knowing what colour it is because of it being black and white is a running joke that doesn't translate to the coloured release.
>>
File: tumblr_o1j88cTMBy1v66ufgo1_500.gif (149KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1j88cTMBy1v66ufgo1_500.gif
149KB, 500x500px
>>88858377
hahaha the joke in itself even in color is pretty funny. Thank you for the comparaison picture. I think i will go for the first 3 volumes in color, read it slowly everyday and then buy the rest of it.
>>
>>88858114
buy em used don't give that cunt money

selling the rights for a movie is perfectly ok having said movie be made before you even finish the comic and write the ending is not

also inb4 scott pilgrim should have been animated seconds should have been a film
>>
>>88858534
lol ok but they're cheaper new on amazon for some reason
>>
>>88858534
>selling the rights for a movie is perfectly ok having said movie be made before you even finish the comic and write the ending is not

Since we're already in weeb territory, do you also hate AKIRA and Nausicaa?

And for the record. The last volume of the comic was still published before the movie was in theaters.
>>
>>88858517
In general, works that were originally published uncolored are better that way, since the art wasn't drawn accounting for color, unlike cape comics.

Even if the artist himself does the coloring, like in Bone.
>>
>>88858517
It's a different joke, though. Now Scott looks like a tard for thinking she might naturally have blue hair.
>>
>>88859092

and considering he has editors, it was finished, writing-wise, for months before that.
>>
>>88858114
If you want them just to read, buy the black and whites. The colored ones are nice but they're more for the sake of collecting and really don't have much more than the colored pages and a few bonus drawings and sketches by BLO'M
>>
>>88858114
If you're a purist you'd get the b&w, because it was how the series was intended to be read. Even though colors are a feature of the narrative, they're mostly implied colors, and in some cases the fact it is b&w is part of the joke. Pages make great use of crushed blacks for dramatic tension. In color, it just looks like it's darker for some reason.

Or you can skip it all and read Lost at Sea instead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.