[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>so-called "Man of 1000 Voices" >yfw at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-Mel_Blanc_-_1959.jpg (16KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Mel_Blanc_-_1959.jpg
16KB, 220x283px
>so-called "Man of 1000 Voices"
>yfw at least half his characters were done via pitch shifting or other studio trickery
>>
File: Lon Chaney's make-up kit.jpg (42KB, 458x372px) Image search: [Google]
Lon Chaney's make-up kit.jpg
42KB, 458x372px
>so-called "Man of 1000 Faces"
>yfw almost all of them were done via prothetics or other cosmetic trickery
>>
Wow, is this true?
>>
>>88848812
Am I supposed to be unimpressed or disappointed by this? Should I feel lied to? I don't. He was a great voice artist, with as amazing range of characters.
>>
>>88848812
Post your voices with vocaroo, we'll compare and I'll get back to you.
>>
>>88849812
It was but I don't think it was half. Daffy is the only one I know for sure was pitch-shifted.
>>
>>88848812
Paul Frees was more versatile. He was also a huge dick, which is probably why he's never really been treated as a legend the way Blanc is.
>>
Tweety Bird and Daffy were definitely pitch shifted, in Mel's later years they had to use it for more characters because his 70 year old chain smoker throat couldn't get the job done anymore.
>>
Mel Blanc, to me, really didn't have that much range, but it didn't matter because the base of his voice is so naturally charming and forceful timbre that he made a lot of the lines he said work.
>>
>>88850317
Yeah, his voice is actually really easy to identify, especially when you've heard his regular speaking voice and notice that he sounds like a calmer version of X character. He was definitely not a vocal chameleon, but his delivery is what sold the characters.

A modern comparison would be someone like Tom Kenny, who is really terrible at disguising his voice and he has many 2-3 roles where you can't immediately tell it's him, but he's really good at acting out the character and giving them distinct speech patterns and tics that you don't care that his voice is easy to recognize.
>>
I don't think anyone on the planet can beat Hank Azaria's vocal range. The guy is a freak of nature.
>>
File: asshole_is_talking.jpg (21KB, 203x274px) Image search: [Google]
asshole_is_talking.jpg
21KB, 203x274px
>>88848812
>Jimmi Hendrix wasn't all that
>nigger totally used a wah-wah pedal
>>
>>88848812
>pitch shifting or other studio trickery
Not that I think it would matter even if it *were* true, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeAM1vwEcFg
>>
>>88852733
He must have been awesome to hang out with in public with how much fun he'd be able to have with strangers.
>>
>>88848812
Frank Welker is better and should have 10 times more recognition than he gets.
>>
By the Reagan years, Warner were starting to plan for replacement VAs because they knew Mel couldn't be relied upon forever.

The last time he voiced the Looney Toons cast was in WFRR and of course he couldn't handle Yosemite Sam anymore and had to outsource that one to Joe Alaskey.
>>
>>88848812
>yfw at least half his characters

>could only do 499 voices
what a scrub right anon? so edgy
>>
>>88850906
Is there a video?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.