[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /co/. I like comics but I rarely post on this board. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: libstone.jpg (599KB, 1310x1145px) Image search: [Google]
libstone.jpg
599KB, 1310x1145px
Hi /co/. I like comics but I rarely post on this board.

I just found out about this fucking abomination today. The fact that it's boring hyper-liberal blather isn't even the worst part, the thing that bothers me most is that it's just terribly fucking written.

I even like the core concept, but they just present how "correct" the liberal interpretation of an ideal is, and then that's it, no further examination, liberal = best, all the fucking time.

I don't know if this topic is done to death, but fuck this comic.
>>
Oh, look! Another comic abouts politics in comics!

Just what the board you never post in needs.
>>
We get it. You voted for Trump. Let us enjoy this awesome book you whiny cunt.
>>
I question if its "conservative" to kill natives.

>inb4 what about when X did this
I'd just say it wasn't very conservative, nor liberal...just opportunistic
>>
>>88840624

I didn't vote for Trump, I voted for Gary Johnson, and socially I'm generally fairly liberal. But you can't deny that the shit in this book like "WOW RELIGION SUX" and "FUCK MARRIAGE AMIRITE" is so fucking ham-handed
>>
>>88840598

They started it
>>
If this comic was only about the lives of all their appliances when they're gone or asleep it would be fucking brilliant
>>
>>88840661
>"WOW RELIGION SUX" and "FUCK MARRIAGE AMIRITE" is so fucking ham-handed

If that's what you got from those issues, you need better reading comprehension.
>>
anyone got a link or pastbin for this series?
>>
>>88840762

Anon, seriously, buy it. It has very little mainstream appeal (compared to other DC titles) so if you enjoy it even a little, vote with your money.
>>
>>88840720
I'm pretty sure the writer wasn't advocating sex caves.
>>
>>88840720

What other conclusion are you supposed to draw?

The "purveyors" of the religion don't believe in it themselves and as scandals hit they decide to "reform" the church and switch deities. The message is that religion is arbitrary and unnecessary and does nothing to assuage people in times of need.

The marriage thing was just one of the pointless religion guys hating on gays and telling us why gays adopting children is an important element of society, and then basically everyone agreeing that marriage is unnatural, which is hammered home by Fred saying he only got married out of fear and Wilma saying that she doesn't care about it and she just loves Fred.

It's all the same shit you get from going to tumblr
>>
>>88840799

The point was that marriage takes work, and it's not something defined by a simple paper. If you have a terrible relationship, a paper is not going to change it or fix it.
>>
File: pol visits fit.gif (3MB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
pol visits fit.gif
3MB, 460x260px
>>88840561
>I rarely post on this board.

Seeing as you decided to open with calling one of /co/'s favourite comics of 2016 a "fucking abomination", it shows.
>>
File: im_out.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
im_out.gif
2MB, 162x149px
>>88840824
>It's all the same shit you get from going to tumblr

You're acting the same as Tumblr when there's a joke or plotline used that they don't like.

It's comedy satire. Either stick to watching nature documentaries because that's the only non-political safe space you'll ever find for your poor feelings, or grow a fucking sense of humour and stop thinking that everything is a personal attack against you.
>>
>>88840856

Is that the point? Because Wilma has an unexamined view of marriage. When she learns that it may limit the things she can do in life, she actually says "I never considered divorce before, but now I am".

And then it gets "resolved" by an outside group coming in and hurling insults at everyone which naturally leads to the couple who was at each other's throats to defend each other.

Like I was saying, the comic is just badly written. It's taking deep societal issues and throwing shitty arguments out there to "challenge" them for like four pages and then "resolves" them and acts like they didn't happen.
>>
>>88840859

Oh man, I guess I didn't realize the board was homogenous and I have to make sure my views fit in
>>
File: 1483213636434.jpg (102KB, 552x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483213636434.jpg
102KB, 552x720px
>>88840661
>I voted for Gary Johnson
That's worse than not voting, and not for the "one less vote" fallacy.
>>
>>88841017

Oh, so this is like the old Flintstones; poorly written comedy for morons. I guess I was putting too much thought into it
>>
>>88840561
>but I rarely post on this board.

Yeah right.
>>
File: 1475152074814.png (127KB, 488x584px) Image search: [Google]
1475152074814.png
127KB, 488x584px
>>88840561
I mean if you don't like it, don't read it. I don't read most things I don't like if it doesn't appeal to you in any ways what is the point of going to people who enjoy it and telling them they are wrong and then getting confused why they defend it
if this is your best shitpost you should try to be better and if this is a legitimate argument then you are barking up the wrong tree
also you clearly haven't read enough of it to think it is liberal all the time because it has a strong arc about supporting your troops no matter the war which is something that ranks low on the liberal care list
>>
File: 1483247123577.gif (1MB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1483247123577.gif
1MB, 212x212px
>>88840561
I'm lost. How is this liberal or conservative in any way? Give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>88841030
Maybe the lack of broad resolution is the point. Things like societal problems don't really resolve.
>>
I'd tell OP to go back to /pol but...

>I didn't vote for Trump, I voted for Gary Johnson

I think he'd lower the tone. God knows that place doesn't need to get any dumber
>>
File: 1476596721930.jpg (271KB, 777x759px) Image search: [Google]
1476596721930.jpg
271KB, 777x759px
>>88840561
>Hi /co/. I like comics but I rarely post on this board.

Keep this way
>>
File: 1476247975396.jpg (62KB, 355x418px) Image search: [Google]
1476247975396.jpg
62KB, 355x418px
>>88840661
>>
>>88840561
Being disgusted at dead children is liberal? Obama certainly didn't gave a fuck when he bombed all those kids with drones.
>>
>>88840661
>the shit in this book like "WOW RELIGION SUX" and "FUCK MARRIAGE AMIRITE"
I think you may be illiterate, friend
>>
>>88840561
>>88840661
>>88840824
>>88841088
I think you're not being sincere in your posts. Were you just out of things to post about and decided to roleplay as someone who didn't understand a comic?
>>
>>88840661
>Gary Johnson voter
>Complaining about anti-interventionism
You actually voted for Hillary, didn't you?
>>
>>88840561
>I like comics but I rarely post on this board.
Go back to rarely posting because holy shit.
>>
Used to be we could all get behind simple ideas like "Let's not start wars" and "The people in charge are lying to you" but nope, those are apparently controversial topics these days.
>>
>>88840661

Well, that explains the retarded opinions at least
>>
>defending the Vietnam War

go to bed Grandpa
>>
>>88841228
He has a problem with murdering innocents and their children! He might as well die from a bleeding heart!
>>
>>88840824

>The message is that religion is arbitrary and unnecessary and does nothing to assuage people in times of need.

damn you missed the point hella hard
>>
>>88841228
It is not.
OP is just either trolling or stupid
>>
>>88840824
>overanalyzing a comedy comic this fucking much
Holy shit dude, go out or something
>>
>>88840824
>Types out the point, that many people marry out of fear of being alone, and because society really pushes it as the only way to feel complete when the love and bond between people is what really matters most.
>Still misses it.

God you are stupid.
>>
>>88842842
No, not at all you fag. People will defend a leader lying to them or going into a war. It's really easy to rationalize.

This is a shill thread. They guy is posting an obvious agreeable opinion in the panel. The book itself is a pile of shit that sucks at comedy so it goes for a semi-serious lampoon to guard itself from the fact that the writer will say a truism and then give a panel of Fred going woe is me.

Then he'll do shit like gays are 100% great members of society while bashing religion because it's what he believes. You still think it's right because he pulls away from this as fast as possible to ignore how cliche or stupid it is. It's the Daily Show method. Make serious point and then joke, and rinse and repeat and laugh like the Pavlovian Dog you are because Republicans are stupid and everything they do is stupid. Why can't John McCain move his neck, lol. Then they'll do a non-partison issue and give some self-deprication to drag in new viewers.
>>
>>88843172
It looks like you started off trying to claim that the book hides behind seriousness because it's not funny, but then you forgot that was your point so you started arguing that the book tries to hide its serious agenda behind comedy.
>>
>>88843172
Did you just have a stroke halfway through writing this?
>>
>>88840561
>Hi /co/. I like comics but I rarely post on this board.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>88843481

You're right, the shitty writing makes it a bad comic
>>
>>88840561
>The fact that it's boring hyper-liberal blather isn't even the worst part,

Don't delude yourself, you wouldn't be this triggered if it was something else, you just want your post to look more interesting/important.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.