[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you trust comic's "critics"? And do you take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 224x224px
Do you trust comic's "critics"? And do you take their reviews seriously?
>>
File: 1266881283670.png (77KB, 269x244px) Image search: [Google]
1266881283670.png
77KB, 269x244px
>comics critics
>>
>>88833531
Not at all, the vast majority are pushing a political agenda instead of actual reviews or caring about the health of the industry.
>>
>>88833531
Not at all. People have different views on and different tastes in comics. In the best of cases you'll find some good points in a review about the technical aspect of the comic, or have a nice interpretation that put some light on something you have missed.

But for the most part, I look for reviews of works I liked, then I bookmark the critics that gave that work good reviews, and when they like something else I give it a try; it allowed me to discover a few nice series.
>>
>>88833531

None in particular thought I love Absay Khosla's writing

Generally it's just following buzz from online than specific writers.
>>
>>88833531
>trusting any critic that isn't a food inspector, scientist that is criticizing another scientists finds or building critic
Anything but those three can be debunked with" it's just your opinion man"
>>
>>88833768
Also some writers are getting paid to shill on sites like CBR so you can't trust shit. Fuck CBR anyway
>>
>>88833531
A good critic gives you relevant details and information that helps you to understand better the comic you are reading, or compare it with other comics to give some perspective. Others are fun to read/watch/hear.
But at the end it is you who decide what you like or not, and for what reasons.
It is hard to follow critics because they get paid to shill, or they are not very well informed or they have not a clear standar of what constitutes a good comic.
>>
The whole idea is kind of strange.

Even my close friends and I disagree on some stuff. You can never know what to think of something til you've experienced it yourself. True there are people who will read and follow every opinion a favorite critic says, going into something with that critics commentary in mind so they can make sure to watch it through that filter and not feel "inferior" for having a different opinion/experience from him. But these people are rare.

Discussion of a work can be interesting still, but a critic usually just puts his thoughts out there and then everybody else discusses it and the review. And especially today with online forums there doesn't really seem to be a need for this person in the equation.
>>
>>88833531
I watch Strip Panel Naked
>>
>>88833531
http://web.archive.org/web/20090930234749/http://www.readyourselfraw.com/recommended/index_recommended.htm
>>
>>88835043
I agree with you and I feel critics are unnecessarily these days. The problem is that comic publishers are the one who making them feel important because fans actually don't care much about their opinions.

I am actually one of people who trust my opinion in books over someone else because what I enjoy and want from these books might not be what others enjoy and like.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.