[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bestseller List – “It’s Going To Take A Miracle For Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 12

File: STL021015-600x911.jpg (109KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
STL021015-600x911.jpg
109KB, 600x911px
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #7
Civil War II #8
All Star Batman #5
Justice League Suicide Squad #2
Detective Comics #947
Star Wars #26
Flash #13
Wonder Woman #13
Titans #6
Harley’s Little Black Book #5

Thanks to the following retailers,

Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Famous Faces & Funnies of West Melbourne, Florida.
Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
Graham Crackers Comics – Now 11 locations in the Mid-West
Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
Jesse James Comics of Glendale, Arizona
Ssalefish Comics of Winston-Salem, NC

>Batman is the focus of this week with the top 4 titles at FFF including Detective in first place, All Star Batman 5 and Justice League Suicide Squad tied at second, and DK3 in fourth. Then it’s Civil War, Flash, WW, Action, Titans and Teen Titans. Marvel only has 4 of in our top 20 with Extraordinary and Star Wars tied at 13 and then Spider-Man Deadpool at spot 17. AD: After Death, Love Is Love and Power Rangers close are spots 18-20 for us with a few indy books. We sold out of Love Is Love and could have sold more copies. It seems like it was underordered everywhere, and we look forward to selling more reprints of it soon. Spider-Man Deadpool was ourbestselling Marvel ongoing for a while, mostly outselling Civil War and other events, but the over-saturation of Deadpool has caused it to finally calm down, dropping off a lot these last two or three months.
>>
>>88832507
>DC Rebirth continues to sell to new fans, returning fans and casual fans while Marvel still isn’t bringing in any new customers with their Marvel Now books, and their long time customers seem to be enjoying DC a lot more these days. Let’s hope Marvel can turn things around in 2017 as all stores need the big two to be leaders, and while DC has stepped up to the plate, Marvel has some major issues to look over when it comes to pricing, content and who’s actually buying their books (and not just posting about how great they are on Tumblr or Twitter, after illegally downloading them). The customers that actually purchase these books from stores has shrunk more than ever this last year and it’s going to take a miracle for Marvel to recover from this one. While their movies are bigger hits than ever, their events always end late, and then “lead into” the next event or line wide relaunch, that’s already started because their event wasn’t properly set up in advance. The fact that Civil War is being outsold by second and third tier DC, Image and indy books in my store shows that people are not supporting the overpriced events (that are usually reruns of a previous hit event these last few years) and it will take a “less books, better books, cheaper books” hard look at things for Marvel to get back the number one spot and maintain focus. They need to finally start thinking about the long term health of the comics industry, as all their short term thinking and money grabs have finally hurt them, and it won’t be as easy as they think to recover and win back their target audience’s trust and more importantly dollars. Let’s hope I’m wrong here, but I hope Marvel sorts things out to help all the struggling comic stores right now.
>>
>>88832515
>We just closed out our best year of all time, best month, and our best sales week in history leading up to Christmas, but Marvel sales have never been this low in our store in the last 15 years. Things were a little worse for Marvel in the mid 1990’s, but the rest of the publishers seem to be doing their part, and new books like God Country and Curse Words will outsell every “ongoing” Marvel book in my store, since we were able to read them in advance, loved them, and we will push them with our money back guarantee! Thanks Image for putting out such a great variety of titles right now by some incredible writers and artists. Whatever you’re reading, I hope you’re enjoying it. Otherwise, don’t be afraid to try some new books from Image and other independent publishers. Happy New Year!

>We’re still selling a decent amount of Walking Dead older and more recent back issues. Still moving lots of Saga from the last year or so and occasionally one of the first few issues. Batman, FF, Uncanny X-Men and Spider-Man sold a lot of cheap back issues to children looking to spend Christmas money, rather than buying newer comics. Still moving lots of full runs of DC Rebirth to old regulars who moved out of the area, but are in town for the holidays. We have sold about a dozen full runs of books just because we still had every issue in stock, with all but the first issues at cover price still, and only pricing the first issues at $6 or $8 each.
>>
>>88832526
>Marvel took two spots in our store’s top ten–one with Civil War II #8 (4th place) and the other with Star Wars #26 (9th place). Everything else was all DC, as usual. Marvel had two more titles in our store’s top twenty, with DC taking the other eight places there. Anyone who thought that Rebirth was going to be a New-52-esque flash in the pan will have to re-evaluate in light of continued reader excitement over these books.

>Heightened interest in Dark Horse Star Wars issues as well as 1970s and 1980s Marvel Star Wars comics…

>It was a very mainstream new release week with no real surprises. I am a bit surprised at the strength of Flash. The sales on that book are higher than expected. All Star Batman only outsells DKIII because of the multiple standard covers. It was a very busy week of people spending holiday money and gift cards. I was thankful because our Diamond shipment was pretty pricey this week thanks in part to a larger than normal paperback/hard cover restock. Love is Love was also a great hit and we ordered really heavy on it.

>Within the hour of Carrie Fisher’s death hitting the news, we had a few people (new faces) digging for Star Wars variants with her likeness. I have mixed feeling about this. We have a surplus of Princess Leia #1 of 5 and I have been giving them away to some of the kids that I know are fans.

>The back issue sales were ruled by Walking Dead and Batman, which isn’t really a surprise. I have noticed a lot of folks shopping for Superman Rebirth, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and a few inquires for vintage Valiant.

>Fantastic week for sales. Star Wars took the top spot, but a ton of Batman is always a good thing to help make it a strong sales week.

>Star Wars back issues were strong. obviously anything with Leia on the cover was sought after.
>>
>>88832533
>Remember the days were only a handful of titles were released on the last week of the year? Yeah those days are long gone. Good sales. Delays sadly hurt both the Dark Knight III and Civil War II. Marvel got Civil War II 8 and Star Wars 26 into the top ten. Flash has been doing great in store but this week it sold out by Thursday. The title is increasing readership here in store and thankfully DC has had extra stock for reordering. Justice League vs Suicide Squad being weekly is great. People like being able to get the latest event in a fast and non delayed manner. Hope 2017 is a good year for all. Could 2017 be the year Marvel finally does not have a re-launch? Marvel currently not doing well with their “new” “first” issue titles. Hulk 1 and Rocket Racoon 1 were beat badly for being first issues. Just like Gamora and Star Lord 1 we have plenty of them left for sale.

>Love is love sold out extremely fast. We got lucky on Scooby and ordered a ton and Harley Fans scooped it up. Star Wars #26 …#1 one book it is. We all Love Yoda!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/02/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-its-going-to-take-a-miracle-for-marvel-to-recover-from-this-one/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
File: didio hope.jpg (61KB, 463x450px) Image search: [Google]
didio hope.jpg
61KB, 463x450px
>>88832507
>Dark Knight III: The Master Race #7
> All Star Batman #5
> Justice League Suicide Squad #2
> Detective Comics #947
> Flash #13
> Wonder Woman #13
> Titans #6
> Harley’s Little Black Book #5
Don't mind us, just another glorious month at DC.
>>
>We sold out of Love Is Love and could have sold more copies. It seems like it was underordered everywhere, and we look forward to selling more reprints of it soon
Someone just got BTFO.
>>
>>88832533
>Heightened interest in Dark Horse Star Wars issues
I told you they were good, /co/.
>>
>>88832640
This is literally a couple of retailers. It's practically meaningless.
>>
>>88832655
Old argument.
>>
>Still shilling for Rich the leach
Do you fuckers ever learn?
>>
>>88832682
>Still shilling for Rich the leach
Just like we did when Marvel was doing better than DC?
>>
>>88832682
>stop pointing out Marvel is hurting themselves
>>
>>88832742
This shit only started getting posted here after rebirth

Nice company wars bait tho faggot
>>
>>88832682
Pretty sure the reason OP dumped the information and only posted the link in spoiler at the bottom was to avoid giving Rich clicks
>>
File: Ike Perlmutter.jpg (26KB, 334x466px) Image search: [Google]
Ike Perlmutter.jpg
26KB, 334x466px
>>88832784
>it's only shilling of news are bad for Marvel
Except it isn't.
>>
File: hahaha oh man hah.gif (3MB, 432x245px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha oh man hah.gif
3MB, 432x245px
>>88832507
Nigga, Marvel literally doesn't care, their comics are just advertisements for their wildly more successful movies right now. The company wars have changed venue.

Marvel will start making real comics again when Perlmutter dies of a stroke, but even after that its comic sales will continue to mean literally nothing, as they drag in more than enough cash through movie magic. They do not CARE how well their comics are doing, so long as they're alive in some form, because they've already won the company war via a different method.

This is pretty bad for fans, seeing as it means we can't rely on Marvel to cough up anything good on the comics front, but they don't need to 'recover' from anything. They've basically won so thoroughly that they don't even need to try to sell their comics anymore.
>>
Who else excited for rebirth trades dropping this week?
>>
>>88832507
>This will be the end of Marvel says increasingly nervous EiC.
>>
>>88832965
>damage control
>>
>>88832666
but anon:
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-11.html
>>
>>88833207
Marvel came back on top since october 2016: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-10.html
>>
>>88833207
>>88833228
>more damage control
>>
>>88832965
>Marvel will start making real comics again when Perlmutter dies of a stroke,
I think you mean when Alonso gets the boot.
>>
>>88833228
>Another relaunch that's bleeding even harder than the previous ones
>>
>We sold out of Love Is Love and could have sold more copies. It seems like it was underordered everywhere, and we look forward to selling more reprints of it soon.

>Love is love sold out extremely fast.

>Love is Love was also a great hit and we ordered really heavy on it.

But comics based around diversity never sell, right, /co/?
>>
>>88833345
>It'll end up being 25k
>>
File: LoveisLove.png (41KB, 594x274px) Image search: [Google]
LoveisLove.png
41KB, 594x274px
>>88833369
According to Andreyko Love is Love is already in its 3rd printing
>>
>>88833398
Right and it'll only be about 25k in the end
>>
>>88832526
>Batman, FF, Uncanny X-Men and Spider-Man sold a lot of cheap back issues to children looking to spend Christmas money, rather than buying newer comics

Why buy a medicore new comic for $3.99, when you could buy a bunch of great classic issues for a quarter each?
>>
>>88832583
>>88833345

I would be cheering this if the actual comic didn't turn out so... I don't know what the right word is. Misguided? Preachy? Cucked?
>>
File: BUTTHURT12copy-1.jpg (20KB, 289x347px) Image search: [Google]
BUTTHURT12copy-1.jpg
20KB, 289x347px
>>88833408
>>88833456
>>
File: asm_35%20terror_makes_doom_cry.jpg (62KB, 413x634px) Image search: [Google]
asm_35%20terror_makes_doom_cry.jpg
62KB, 413x634px
>>88833456
What was to be expected? It's a charity comic.
>>
>>88833468
Alright whatever you say anon. It's not like people have reported multiple printings before and in the end it was because the initial printings were ridiculously tiny.
>>
>>88833501
Yeah, I get the feeling in 15 years people will look at Love is Love in the same way they look at this page now.
>>
>>88833501
>>88833516
Are all heterosexual virgins this insecure?
>>
>>88833540
>15 years
More like 15 seconds. I cracked up the second Batman said "were not so different"
>>
>>88833640
>capes
>not gay
>especially current Marvel
lol
>>
>>88833700
Marvel refused to be associated actually
>>
>>88833711
That would explain why it's selling.
>>
>>88833084
>literally says their comics are bad and this status quo is bad for fans
>goes so far as to say they're not even making real comics
>'damage control'

He's right, you idiot. Marvel has won to the point where they don't give a shit about competing with DC in the comics arena anymore.

Their comics are shit for the most part but it doesn't matter to them. They make more from one of the movies they churn out than DC or Marvel makes with their entire top ten best sellers. They do not give a shit about their comics anymore, they have no reason to right now.
>>
File: Marfeels.jpg (86KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
Marfeels.jpg
86KB, 679x864px
>>88833762
>M-Marvel has won!
>>
>>88832666
That doesn't make it not true.
>>
>>88833762
For that same reason, they could just stop existing; if they've won that LE COMPANY WAR, why even bother?

>>88833779
*tips tinfoil hat*
>>
>>88833766
In terms of how much money they make?

They really have.

I'd prefer that they were actually making good comics that I'd like to read, but that's not happening anytime soon, because they've found a winning formula that does not require their comics to be good.

I have no real sway either way, as I'm a snooty elitist who only buys unpopular comics anyway. Literally the only big two comic I'm spending money on right now is Shade: The Changing Girl.
>>
>>88833822
>I'm a snooty elitist who shills for the Mouse for a living
Fixed.
>Literally the only big two comic I'm spending money on right now is Shade: The Changing Girl.
Yeah, right.
>>
>>88833803
>For that same reason, they could just stop existing; if they've won that LE COMPANY WAR, why even bother?

They're still valuable as a recognizable institution, and they still make SOME money, which justifies their existence for now. They also serve as a marketing tool for the movies.

Either way, they really don't care how well their comics are performing in comparison to DC, as DC are no longer a real competitor. They're barely in the same business anymore.
>>
>>88833803
Dude, I'm not a company wars fag. I largely buy DC, although I'm still on pretty niche books there. But this comes from a crop of retailers: it's not a reliable statistic. There are much better stats published each month.
>>
>>88833822
>In terms of how much money they make?
yeah this is going to chance the moment the cape bubble explodes
>"But this may never happen"
it happened with westerns back in the day and it will happen again
>>
>>88833868
>>88833856
>I'm not a company wars fag. I largely buy DC
Nice backpedaling, bro.

>>88833874
The difference being that the western genre has more masterworks of cinema than capes; so its death is to be mourned more.
>>
>>88833838
I'm a realist.

I don't care which company is winning as I have no allegiance, I just want good stories. And Shade is basically the only thing worth reading right now, as far as I'm concerned.

Unlike you, I'm not deluded by company loyalty into thinking DC and Marvel are playing remotely the same game anymore.
>>
>>88833889
>>88833887
>>
>>88833874
>yeah this is going to chance the moment the cape bubble explodes

I agree.

I never said it would be successful forever. Nothing is forever.
>>
>>88833887
Those are two different people you're quoting, you retard.
>>
>>88833907
And when it happens, what Marvel product will you shill?

>>88833920
Suuure.
>>
>>88833868
Not entering this argument because I agree with your earliers points, but I'd argue that these are more reliable because they aren't tainted compared to the other statistics via the whole loot crate, overshipping, etc. shit.
>>
>>88833838
>Saying the comics suck but Marvel doesn't need them because they have Hollywood Jew Money now is shilling for the mouse
How many levels of denial and delusion you on right now?

It's like a pole in 1941 saying "Hitler took over Poland and it sucks" and you are calling him a nazi for acknowledging reality.
Really. Fuck off.
>>
>>88832507
who gives a shit about stupid comic books for nerd losers? We have billion dollar movies loved by LITERALLY EVERYONE ON THE PLANET
>>
>>88833762
This dude is right. Comics are dead medium and there is a reason why DC want their movies to work.
>>
>>88833987
What will happen to comic books once people get tired of superhero movies?
>>
>>88833949
>>88833966
>>88833987
Don't try so hard, you might break.

>>88834005
Casuals will find another bandwagon.
>>
>>88834005
We won't have books selling 400k-500k because of movie hype.

Despite the fact that /co/ might deny it, movies/tv shows are the reason why comics are still around.
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (33KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
33KB, 660x825px
>>88834075
Welp, I guess I was true when I said Marvel has no fans anymore, only casuals and shills.
>>
Just because Marvel gets a lot of money out of their movies, that doesn't mean their performance in comics being bad is a small thing. It's like Disney making a shitty film with shitty profits and handwaving it as "they got an empire, they're going to be fine". It still doesn't erase a bad mark. A comic company wanting to use their comics as movie fodder isn't going to have a lot of good material if people didn't seem interested in the story.
>>
>>88833932
I love that you have literally no counterpoint beyond 'lol shill'.

I'm not even shilling the movies. I don't think I've even implied that they're good. They're just what makes Marvel's money at the moment, and they make it to such excess that their comics are nearly irrelevant as anything but marketing.

This isn't a good thing for us, but it's how things are at the moment. Accept reality.

This is like arguing with a Muslim about history.
>>
>>88834141
>I'm not even shilling the movies. I don't think I've even implied that they're good.
Reread your posts, shill.
>This is like arguing with a Muslim about history.
A Drumpf voter, huh? That explains everything.
>>
>>88834103
Stop getting triggered and you are truly idiot if you are honestly loyal to one of these greedy companies.
>>
>>88834151
>Reread your posts, shill.

Maybe you should just learn to read in general, because I've never once said the movies were good.

>A Drumpf voter, huh? That explains everything.

I'm not even American. You have the perfect Trump voter mindset though - ignore all facts in favour of irrational loyalty to an bunch of corporate assholes that don't care about you.
>>
>>88834141
>This is like arguing with a Muslim about history
What this even supposed to mean? Muslims have a rich history that anyone would be proud of.
>>
>>88834167
>those companies are evil but I love the one with bestselling movies
Sad, anon.

>>88834195
>I'm not even American
Extreme backpedaling. Next time you will say you're not even human but a bot.
>>
>>88834209
They do.

They also make plenty of shit up and get super butthurt when it's pointed out there's no evidence for it. Every religion does it, but there are more Quranic literalists than Biblical ones right now. I just picked a religion out of a hat really.
>>
>>88834209
>not believing the Disney version

>>88834229
>I don't hate Muslims but they're all scum!
Meh, once they make a live action Ms. Marvel you will change your mind.
>>
Is this the first company wars thread in 2017?
>>
>>88834259
So it seems. And this time the mouseketeers are using new weapons.
>the comics were always shit
>we hate Marvel but we love Marvel
>>
>>88834251
>Meh, once they make a live action Ms. Marvel you will change your mind.

...They're already making it. With Carol as the main character.

I doubt Kamala will ever get onto the big screen. Pretending to be 'progressive' and diverse is also what Marvel uses its comics for now, so that they don't have to take risks with their movies.
>>
>>88832507
>Flash and Wonder Woman in the top 10

Okay now this is really weird. What the fuck did happen?
>>
>>88834225
>>88834251
>>88834298
The really terrifying thing about these posts is that they're probably not even trolling.

Someone this stupid and brainwashed actually does exist.
>>
>>88833966
>We
>>
>>88834259
We have company war because of that idiot who get triggered everytime someone criticize his precious company.
>>
>>88834327
And they do it for free.

>>88834356
The Marvelite? Meh, just a kid on his first job.
>>
>>88834307
>I doubt Kamala will ever get onto the big screen
It would be a shame that they made a Muslim a superheroine, huh?
>>
>>88833943
I mean insofar as they cover that shop sure you're right. They're the most accurate stats for that. You would need pulls from much larger groups of retailers to really outline trends though.
>>
>>88834356
Except actually, the only thing anyone said was that Marvel isn't reeling. They even said their comics were shit.

The truth is, Marvel is swimming in money. They're not reeling from anything. Their comics are for the most part terrible and they deserve to be mostly absent from the bestsellers list (that said, in an ideal world, there's be a lot of non-big two stuff on there), but they're not hurt in any way. They're making so much money they're probably chopping it up and snorting it for laughs.

Hell, maybe that's why their comics are so shit. Moneydust related brain damage. Civil War certainly reads like a literal vegetable wrote it.
>>
>>88832965
>Marvel will start making real comics again
That's adorable, anon. Keep chasing that star.
>>
>>88834446
>pretending to criticize Marvel while defending it
Are you still drunk? Holidays are over, anon.
>>
>>88834446
Different anon. Do you know that disney is so petty that if they see marvel comics doing bad, they will close their doors?

two, if they don't care about their comics sales, why loot crate, why artificially inflating their numbers?
>>
>>88834465
If you think that is a defense of Marvel you are actually retarded.

Marvel are doing NOTHING I want them doing right now. The last Marvel book worth reading recently ended and I doubt there'll be anything of its caliber produced by the company in 2017. But they're still making mad dosh and I am not delusional enough to think that somehow they're not.

I'm not defending Marvel, I'm just not stupid enough to think that they're hurting. And I will mock anyone retarded enough to delude themselves into thinking they're somehow in dire straits when in reality they're more successful than any comic company has been in decades. In an ideal world, these numbers would be a sign that they need to change, and maybe they would, but this isn't an ideal world, and Marvel is making too much money via movies to care.
>>
>>88834493
>Do you know that disney is so petty that if they see marvel comics doing bad, they will close their doors?

Disney is currently pushing Marvel to cut X-Men because they don't have the rights. Why? Because while comics make a negligible amount of money for them, they understand their value as a marketing tool for potential film properties related to comics. This is what Marvel comics are now.

>two, if they don't care about their comics sales, why loot crate, why artificially inflating their numbers?

Because hype. People seeing that something does well makes them want to find out why. That's it.
>>
>>88834543
tl;dr I'm not a Marvel shill although I'll defend them to death
>>
>>88834612
>they're shit
>defense

Do you come from Bizzaro /co/?

This is like saying that someone is defending Bayformers when they acknowledge the reality that those awful films make a ton of profit.
>>
>>88834588
>Disney is currently pushing Marvel to cut X-Men because they don't have the rights
No they're not, it's the Marvel CEO that is doing that.

>>88834628
>if it makes money, it's good
Give this kid another cent.
>>
>>88834588
>Disney is currently pushing Marvel to cut X-Men
not disney, but perlmutter
learn your facts, before your shill

>Because hype.
to whom? 45 year old neckbears?
>>
>>88834639
>No they're not, it's the Marvel CEO that is doing that.

...Who answers to Disney. Retard.

>>88834639
I'm not saying it's good. I'm saying it makes money. Those are separate things.

Something can be bad but unfortunately be very successful.
>>
>>88834671

except Perlmutter is currently Disney's third largest stockholder.
>>
>>88834639
>>if it makes money, it's good

That's not what they're saying you fucking moron. They're saying it's bad while also acknowledging the fact that it makes money.
>>
>>88834700
...Which means he has a vested interest in pushing what the company wants. If it seems to him like removing the X-Men will benefit Disney, that's what he'll do.

Of course, he's backing off on that now because it turned out to be dumb. Hopefully his life will soon sputter and fail like his retarded Inhumans push.
>>
>>88834705
Don't bother.

The guy you're arguing with is either trolling or too delusional to understand language without twisting it to mean something else he can strawman the fuck up with.
>>
>>88832533
>Within the hour of Carrie Fisher’s death hitting the news, we had a few people (new faces) digging for Star Wars variants with her likeness.
Fucking hell.

You can expect Marvel to have a variant month honoring Carrie Fisher. Screencap this.
>>
>>88834671
>...Who answers to Disney. Retard.
>...Which means he has a vested interest in pushing what the company wants. If it seems to him like removing the X-Men will benefit Disney, that's what he'll do.
dude, it seems like you're stuck in 2012
it's 2017.

if you shitpost, at least have a clue what you're shitposting about
>>
>>88834792
Are you implying those statements are contradictory? They're not.

Perlmutter isn't all powerful within the company. He recently got BTFO by the rest of Disney's stockholders about his mishandling of a lot of Marvel related stuff. This is why certain film projects have been knocked down to TV productions.
>>
>>88834831
I'm implying that you should catch up with the news from 2013-2017

you have outdated data
>>
>>88833593

I think what he is arguing is that things aimed at gays will always be a minority.
>>
>>88834396

>needing china to sell their movie
>china supporting muslims while attacking them in their own territory causing a mini-civil war in xianping province

China's killed more of its muslim citizens than the U.S has.
>>
>>88834543
>in reality they're more successful than any comic company has been in decades.
Marvel isn't a comic company anymore. They're a movie company. This should have been cemented in everyone's minds when they changed the Marvel Studios intro logo for Dr Strange. Notice how the comic panels are gone, replaced by the super epic movie shots and orchestral music.
>>
>>88834931

A company that makes billions versus millions of course is going to take priority
>>
>>88834931

Marvel Studios(movies) and Marvel Entertainment (comics, tv, everything else) are two different companies under the Disney Corporation now.

they have no real interaction.
>>
>>88834075
This so much.

The mouse and WB keep their comics division because of their IP potential. Once they stop making them money, they will shut them down without a second thought.
>>
>>88835038
Forget it, the shill has fucked up again.
>>
>>88835038
>they have no real interaction.

You mean except sharing writers and staff, and the policy of one being dictated by the other? They have a ton of interaction.
>>
>>88835356
Oh yeah, Feige and Ike interact every day.
>>
>>88835038
>Marvel Studios(movies) and Marvel Entertainment (comics, tv, everything else) are two different companies under the Disney Corporation now.
That's irrelevant. The comics are merely IP farms for the tv/Netflix/movie productions now. The comics are a supplement to the movies, as is evident with the overabundance of movie synergy happening in both comics and cartoons. All things serve the movies.
>>
>>88835473
t. Ike
>>
>>88832965
>Marvel will start making real comics again when Perlmutter dies of a stroke

Are you saying their diversity agenda is all on Ike?

Do you know ANYTHING about that man?!?
>>
>>88835473
>All things serve the movies.
So, about that Marvel/Street Fighter live action movie...
>>
>>88834931
The new logo with no comic art genuinely low-key pissed me off. Now that they're trying to forget their whole fortune came from comics it's only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down
>>
>>88834321
Flash always sells well. He's literally their second highest selling solo character
>>
>>88835760

I thought barry flash wasn't doing good though
>>
>>88834251
Which brown girl should be cast as Kamala?
>>
>>88835842

it's not going to happen. Marvel needs china to sell their movies. Sane reason they don't put ghosts or gay shit in their movies.
>>
>>88835842
Just give Ariel Winter a tan and cast her.
>>
>>88835356
>The executive committee was dissolved
>Marvel Studios answers to Disney execs
>Ike is no longer a direct report

Lurk moar
>>
>>88835875
>they don't put ghosts or gay shit in their movies
LE BASED FEIGE
>>
>>88835875

same*
>>
File: 1483159127482.jpg (709KB, 1461x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1483159127482.jpg
709KB, 1461x1698px
>>88833228
>Marvel came back on top since october 2016:
>on top

Claiming they're on top in October is meaningless when the drop between October #1 debuts and their 2nd issues are so vast.
>>
>>88833228
>Nearly all their new titles that has strong launches suffered an 80% bleed out in the next month
>That's with Marvel overshipping as pointed out by Retailers on their twitter handles/Rich's articles
>Mosaic had it's #1 orders matched for it's #2 debut along with the other fringe titles
>Same with Champions
>S-shut up this is totally more reliable
>I-it's because DC is twice monthly
>>
>>88834321
It's for the week's titles. Not against all titles for the month. But they have been selling okay.
>>
>>88835895

Nothing to do with him and all to do with budget, if you need to break a billion for your 100 to 200 mil movies, then you need all territories possible and china is second biggest behind U.S

China has a strict code of shit that they will or won't let in. Same reason Apple got on their knees and sucked yellow dick, investing a huge chunk of money in china. China is willing to leverage the open market to get what they want.

Shifty communists not playing by the rules will always win, so jews do china dance.
>>
>>88835841
what the fuck are you smoking, it's DC's 5th best selling on-going.
>>
>>88835983

But I thought wally was best flash
>>
>>88835964
>lets China assfuck them without lube
Why is Disney such a slut?
>>
>>88832533
People are buying Moon Girl! Great news
>>
>>88836008

Because they worship the green.
>>
>>88835997
Titansfags are so jaded that they're blaming DC for shilling Damian for how Titans is not an A-List Title.
>MUH 1 AND A HALF PAGES
>MUH LESBIAN GIRL'S POSTER
>MUH AD PAGE
>MUH DAMIAN MOVIES
>>
>>88836008
Because prostitution is the world's oldest and most successful profession.
>>
>>88836032

So what you're telling me is Barry is dominating as the Flash. Is highest selling Flash and you could make argument for being the Best Flash?
>>
>>88836061
IDK, I don't give a shit. Williamson's writing is passable and waaaay better than Venditti but it's no way near Wally's run. I guess TV Shows are a more adequate way of breeding real comic book fans that movies though since I don't think any MCU Property got this much of a boost thanks to live action portrayal. To put into perspective, Wonder Woman is outselling Captain Hydra and surprisingly, Superman is outselling Amazing Spider-Man.
>>
>>88836107

So you think the show has actually helped barry comics with market synergy?
>>
>>88836107
>Wonder Woman is outselling Captain Hydra

This is the part that surprises me the most, didn't the whole Captain Hydra thing get a lot of media attention? By what Brevoort said, you'd think that the negative reaction the reveal got (and there was lots) would boost sales up.
>>
>>88836161
It always helps, anon. Remember the Timmverse.
>>
>>88836061
You sound like the most obnoxious kind of fanboy.
>>
>>88836173
>didn't the whole Captain Hydra thing get a lot of media attention?
For some days, yes. Just like any other fad.
>>
>>88836187

Who wouldn't take the time to tease wallyfags.
>>
File: 1477455265516.jpg (1MB, 3858x2105px) Image search: [Google]
1477455265516.jpg
1MB, 3858x2105px
>>88836192
But you forget they had success with enraging audiences like with Superior Spider-Man (which actually did sell pretty well in spite of its story lapses). And Death of Cap also boosted the title up during Brubaker's run.

It just seemed like there was a lot of people complaining about Hydra Cap but it didn't really translate into an increase in sales other than the first issue. Ditto for Banner's death in Civil War II. On eBay people are only paying cover price or lower for those comics.

I mean I got no problems with Spencer's storyline. I knew Hydra Cap had to be Kobik-related since the prior storyline was Assault on Pleasant Hill. And Spencer's book sales not changing is fine for a regular book.... but not when Brevoort claimed that angering fans led to larger sales.

Did something happen?
>>
>>88836626
>And Death of Cap also boosted the title up during Brubaker's run.
Bru actually did a good work. I don't think anyone got enraged.
>>
>>88836710
I liked it too, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were enraged people back then. There usually are when a death of a character occurs.
>>
>>88836161
>So you think the show has actually helped barry comics with market synergy?

Holy shit what kind of retarded and normie understanding it is?

The Flash on a good day ALWAYS sells well. Mark Waid's run was in constant top 10, so was Geoff Johns.

The numbers current book has are pretty much the same as Manapul's Flash which was before TV show.
>>
>>88837790

So then you think the other anon is wrong and the show isn't doing anything for comics?
>>
>>88836626

>It just seemed like there was a lot of people complaining about Hydra Cap but it didn't really translate into an increase in sales other than the first issue. Ditto for Banner's death in Civil War II. On eBay people are only paying cover price or lower for those comics.

No one has ever cared about Banner
>>
>>88837828
Shows and movies almost never effect comic sales. Barry's Flash run sunk to the bottom with Professor Zoom arc., during the TV show's peak no less.

Williamson has a pretty solid start with goodwill from fandom (most Wallyfags do read main book) so this is what you get with Flash on a good day.

Mind you, Wally lost main Flash status when his book dropped to 50k, so this alone should tell you how big of a draw Flash is no matter the guy under the cowl.
>>
>>88837790
You do realize Manapul Flash was only around for half the run (and already slid down to 50K once it hit double digits) and Flash was actually doing pretty terrible after that before Rebirth right? It was already down to 40K during Venditti's run and almost sliding down to 30K
>>
>>88838168
And Venditti run heavily relied on TV show synergy and marketing anon.

You also forget Flash is double digits thanks to bi weekly schedule too, right?
>>
>>88832507

Marvel will still win due to a higher price across all it's book. If DC had launched JL v SS at the start of the month they would have a chance though
>>
>>88833456

I'd say it was preachy and scared. I can see why that one page (you know the one) really pissed people off
>>
>>88832965
>or their wildly more successful movies right now.

Suicide Squad shit in Doctor Strange face at the box office though, plus it moved far more merchandise the Strange ever will. Strange was a much better film but let's no be in denial about this
>>
>>88833456
>>88838383

i think that's a side effect of it being so raw and recent personally
>>
>>88833762

Marvel doesn't make any money from the movies anymore since they were taken away from them and put firmly under Disney. You're really just saying "The guys at Marvel comics are winning because other people are making movies and they aren't seeing the profits"
>>
>>88838454

Well yes and no "that" page really laid into white people but was shit scared of acknowledging who committed the actual shooting and in who's name
>>
>>88832965
>Marvel will start making real comics again when

Marvel hasn't been good since the 80s.
>>
>>88833762
I like how you guys pretend like the DC movies aren't making money. Suicide Squad might have sucked, but it fucking pooped all over the average MCU movie as far as box office goes.
>>
>>88834259
No, there were tons of movie threads yesterday. Moviefags can't take a day off.
>>
>>88832507

>Justice League vs Suicide Squad not #1

Dead event
>>
>>88839014
It's more of a crossover than an event. But it didn't get the marketing push CWII did.
>>
>>88839014
>>88839373

they were selling it as first event of Rebirth
>>
>>88839403
Not really. It was being sold as a weekly crossover leading into the new JLA book. An event would be whatever Johns is working on with Manhattan.
>>
>>88839373
>>88839403

It probably doesn't have the same variant push either
>>
>>88839454

I agree with your definition of an Event but the other guy is right. DC did market it as the first event of Rebirth
>>
>>88832965
top tier delusion

Marvel doesn't see one red cent directly from the movies anymore. The Mouse is going to start expecting more or heads will roll which any self-respecting comics fan should be praying for about now
>>
>>88837838
This, Hulk's never been a big seller
>>
>>88835927
Look at that CW 2 drop, will ya.
>>
>>88832507
Never got into TDK III but it can't be worse than TDKII if it sells so good.

>>88832965
So sadly agree

>>88833456
I can't believe there's actually a comic called like that.

>>88833711
Why? Weren't they all about diversity recently?

>>88838383
>>88838498
Which page and why is it called "that page"?
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WHEN I WAS NOT AROUND?!?!
>>
>>88832507
*rolls eyes*

this is just whiny fanboys pushing against the new status quo, marvel will attract twice as many new readers in the long run
>>
>>88841136
It's sad when that's the only high title that has a smaller drop than everything else.
>>
>>88841342
Deathstroke getting mad at news of the Orlando shooting and dumping his guns while saying "*@$# guns", probably.
>>
>>88841627
lol
>>
>>88840386
>>88837838
>was never popular meme
>was never a big seller meme

Don't be retarded. Hulk used to sell really well during the 90's back when PAD was writing it. And Planet Hulk was a popular story in 2006 and World War Hulk was a big event back in 2007.
>>
>>88838383
>>88841342
>>88842390
Either that one, or the "fuck the NRA and white rednecks" one as if they were the people/ideology that committed the massacre.

While I feel the second is more misguided, (even "cucked"), it's also a deeply personal account of one person's individual recollections, instead of putting their words into the mouth of an actual character like Deathstroke, even though it leads to him acting absurdly out of character.

I think the Deathstroke one is going to be the "Doom crying on 9/11" of Pulse shooting.
>>
>>88843099
The NRA's political agenda has made the type of weapons used in these shooting available in the first place.

Whether that's a good thing or not, not my place to decide. I'm always laughing when the redneck offshoot who thinks by having guns they can stand up to the government talks, though.
>>
>>88832583
If Marvel were part of the collab, they'd have to rename it UNLABELED IS UNLABELED
>>
>>88836626
Event fatigue happened

Seriously, the Civil War II banner WRECKED so many books sales
>>
>>88842560

ok so no one in the last decade cares about hulk
>>
>>88833228
>relaunch again
>included books in loot crates and scholastic
>fuck tonne of variants
>fuck tonne of exclusives
>fuck tonne of incentives
>send retailers free copies
and remember everyone, according to Alonso's recent interview Marvel are the ones that're REALLY interested in the health of the industry. and by health he means beating DC on the sales charts at literally any cost
>>
>>88844326
>and by health he means beating DC on the sales charts at literally any cost

Except dropping cover price.
>>
>>88846151
But that would also benefit their fanbase so they couldn't have that.
>>
>>88838426
>Suicide Squad
$745mil

>Dr Strange
$653mil

So it did 90mil better (it also had $10mil more in budget though).

Meanwhile, Civil War did $1.1bil while BVS only managed to pull in $873 mil.

You can go on all you want about "Marvel's had more time to build the MCU," but an Avengers sidequel BTFO a movie called "Batman vs Superman."

I think Marvel is just fine with how their movies are doing. Consistently dominating the box office and, in general, well received, and that's not likely to change any time soon. Spider-man and Guardians 2 are gonna be massive next year. Even if Thor 3 tanks, they'll be alright.
>>
>>88838582
which page? I thought you were talking about the silly deathstroke one
>>
>>88833711
How'd that happen?
>>
>>88832840
>trading with it
that is an utterly terrible translation. In fact my retranslation doesn't even convey all the broken grammar at play here. "Geh damit um" would probably be closest. But I don't know if that has any meme potential.
>>
>>88832583
Too bad it got Bendis stank on it.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.