[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trollhunters is the first Dreamworks/Netflix collaboration I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 33

File: dreamworks.jpg (299KB, 780x548px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks.jpg
299KB, 780x548px
Trollhunters is the first Dreamworks/Netflix collaboration I've seen, and it's great

So, are other Dreamworks collabs good (Peabody, Dragons, Kung Fu Panda etc.)?
>>
>>88814093
I've heard Dragons fans love that series.

Puss In Boots and All Hail King Julien are supposedly surprisingly good.

Peabody is fun and light, expect some good jokes, lots of terrible ones, and a cute father son relationship.

Home was surprisingly fun and chill. Bazinga being replaced by a more tolerable imitation helped.

Croods is only good for waifu s.

Veggietales and Richie Rich are supposed to be hot garbage.
>>
>>88814324
People seem to love Voltron but I just couldn't get into it personally. /co/ went nuts for it, it had a general for a while.
>>
>>88814282
Thanks! Will try them too

>>88814324
I saw a few starting S1 episodes and found the series to be boring and mediocre. Like "by the numbers"
>>
>>88814093
Voltron is damn good. Probably their best one.

King Julien and Puss are pretty nice, too. Both start out as comedies, but they start to get more action/adventure focused on later on. Plus, King Julien has some really nice CGI.

Peabody and Sherman has a really nice art direction and I liked the effort thrown into the music numbers.

I haven't seen the others.
>>
File: Dreamworks Netflix.jpg (231KB, 1282x598px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamworks Netflix.jpg
231KB, 1282x598px
>>
File: Hardcase Race.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Hardcase Race.webm
3MB, 720x404px
So Turbo is fairly okay, I mean it was basically Dreamworks getting the crew behind Motorcity to do something like that again.
>>
File: turbo.webm (2MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
turbo.webm
2MB, 1080x607px
>>88817186
Although the races don't ever get as extravagant as the first episode race, and in fact, the show drifts more and more to comedy until there aren't really any races in season 2 onward.
>>
File: Psalm 23 1.webm (2MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
Psalm 23 1.webm
2MB, 1080x607px
I couldn't tell you about Veggietales.
Big Idea Pictures gets to put their name on it first, so you wouldn't even know Dreamworks helps out aside from the HD redesign all the characters got.
>>
File: thefeetbegins.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thefeetbegins.webm
2MB, 640x360px
All Hail King Julien might depend on how much you like the character of King Julien.
A lot of the same tropes from Penguins of Madagascar still apply, although Julien himself is a generally nicer person.
>>
File: scorpion control.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion control.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>88817482
Since he's a king running a kingdom, sometimes the plots are a little political.
>>
File: the fall.webm (3MB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
the fall.webm
3MB, 720x403px
>>88817529
It's by the guy who did Mystery Inc, so even though it remains very episodic, there are still lots of little details that will wind up becoming important later down the line, and major season finale crises that come about as a result of several little things that happened throughout the season.
Apparently it's going to go full serialized for its last seasons later this year, so that will be an interesting shift.
>>
File: duchess.webm (2MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
duchess.webm
2MB, 720x406px
Puss in Boots takes a while to get going, it spends its first season with a very episodic comedy bend to it, albeit with more action and fighting as it gets you used to its world and characters.
>>
File: the team.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
the team.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>88817847
By season 2 onward it starts to pick up a story and sticks to it pretty tightly, in that way that is well optimized for binge watching.
>>
File: Puss Dos.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Puss Dos.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>88817941
But you know, with the occasional filler episode to lighten things up.
It's worth noting that it's a prequel, so even though it's set in the fairytale/fantasy world of Shrek, none of the characters from any of the movies besides Puss in Boots appear.
>>
File: dagur escapes.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
dagur escapes.webm
2MB, 720x405px
You might already be familiar with Race to the Edge because it's actually the continuation of the How to Train Your Dragon cartoon that aired on Cartoon Network, taking place 3 years after the events of the previous season finale.
>>
>>88817204
That was really disappointing. I missed the title cards they used to introduce each new character, too.
>>
File: heather.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
heather.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>88818254
It's the first show to be a full on serialized story out of the gate, and two parters are commonplace.
They don't have the rights to the CN owned seasons though, so if you haven't seen any of those, you'll be meeting established characters for the first time and missing a few references, but I think it all still works.
>>
File: inferno dagger.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
inferno dagger.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>88818418
The time skip places the show shortly before How To Train Your Dragon 2, so sprinkled throughout the show are references that set the stage for that, such as the development of the various gadgets Hiccup uses.
>>
File: SOFUCKINGMAD.jpg (64KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
SOFUCKINGMAD.jpg
64KB, 600x884px
>>88817097
>Spirit TV Show
>Being ridden
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT

HE WAS FREE
>>
Dinotrux is the first IP that is entirely new just for Netflix, loosly based on some kids books.
It's an extremely to sell toys young children show about Dinosaur/Construction vehicles that learn the real super power of teamwork and friendship.
>>
File: standing up to D-structs.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
standing up to D-structs.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>88818686
Kinda not doing anything too special, but it looks nice, mostly because robots aren't too hard to animate.
>>
Dragons is pretty good. Lacks tension though.
>>
>>88818595
He was also living in the 19th century, so it's obviously not the same horse.
>>
File: build it up.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
build it up.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>88818757
It's very formulaic about it; there are very few situations that aren't resolved with a building montage.
So if you want to watch it, you better not mind the opening theme, because an instrumental of that plays every single episode as the background music when they build; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8bexMY6SE
>>
File: paintwithallthecolorsoftheBLEH.jpg (193KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
paintwithallthecolorsoftheBLEH.jpg
193KB, 500x526px
>>88817097

>Spirit

What the fuck? This fucking bromance tribute to Bryan Adams is being used for cartoon fodder?
>>
File: gotta be perfectt.webm (3MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
gotta be perfectt.webm
3MB, 1080x607px
Mr Pebody and Sherman show is interesting because there are basically two different things going on. In the present day, Mr. Peabody is attempting to host a live variety show from his apartment with various guests from across history while something always goes wrong.
>>
File: harumachi.webm (3MB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
harumachi.webm
3MB, 720x403px
>>88818970
And then, as the main event of his variety show, is Peabody telling time travel stories in a straight up reboot of the old Mr. Peabody cartoon.
Each episode alternates between the present day in-studio plot and the time travel story.
>>
File: peabody attacks.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
peabody attacks.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>88819030
This is all set in the universe of the 2014 movie, so the father-son relationship Peabody and Sherman have is still there.
On top of that, Peabody is a lot zanier than he was in any other incarnation.
>>
File: its a cat.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
its a cat.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>88819134
>>
File: punch the moon.webm (2MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
punch the moon.webm
2MB, 1080x607px
Dawn of the Croods is a weird by product from when they were still going to make Croods 2.
It's a prequel, even though it doesn't really work as one, korean animation and a lot of humor is reliant on everything being the "first" of something or how people are constantly dying because the world is so fierce and brutal
It's not that great.
>>
File: free meat.webm (1MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
free meat.webm
1MB, 1080x607px
>>88819368
I don't know what impact the cancellation of Croods 2 will have on the show.
>>
File: and I'll form the head.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
and I'll form the head.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Legendary Defender is the reboot of Voltron from the animators of Korra.
>>
File: voltron combat.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
voltron combat.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>88819576
It seems like they are going for a slow build here, so if you are going in hoping for lots of giant robot battles, you'll be disappointed as they don't do that a whole lot because they are still learning how to pilot their individual lions even by the end of the 13 episode first season.
The next season comes out later this month, so it'll probably watch better in one 26 episode batch.
>>
>>88814093
Dragons is pretty decent from what I've heard. Yet to watch it myself except for bits and pieces of the first and second season which I enjoyed.
>>
File: red battle.webm (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
red battle.webm
2MB, 500x280px
>>88819790
>>
>>88819790
>The next season comes out later this month, so it'll probably watch better in one 26 episode batch.

And then cry about the cancelation.
>>
>>88814093
Voltron, Puss In Boots, King Julien, TrollHunters, and that Home cartoon are all fucking amazing. Couldn't believe the quality. Some are more lacking like the VeggieTales and Dinotrux ones but DreamWorks is really working hard on these.
>>
File: lets go home.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
lets go home.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Home is a direct sequel to the movie.
It has the involvement of Thurop Van Orman of Flapjack fame, but seemingly just in the beginning, he had to leave to pursue another project.
>>
File: the driving test.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
the driving test.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>88820033
It's all about Oh moving in with Tip as her adopted brother while they have misadventures in an Earth that is now shared between Human and Boov.
>>
>>88820049
Singer Rachel Crow takes the place of Rhianna, and like how the movie Home was full of Rhianna music, the show is likewise full of musical numbers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72Qg1_94vQ
>>
>>88814093
I miss Aaarrrgh
>>
>>88819849
It's slated for 78 episodes.
>>
File: the first fight.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
the first fight.webm
2MB, 720x405px
And of course, you already know about Trollhunters, Benecio Del Toro's pet project loosely based on a book he co-wrote.
>>
File: Spirit Riding Free.jpg (89KB, 534x396px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit Riding Free.jpg
89KB, 534x396px
Next they're going to be doing a Spirit cartoon, but not really anything is known about it.
It appears to be set in the modern day involving a a descendant of Spirit as leaked images show him with a different design than in the movie.
>>
>>88820216
>characters's children look exactly like them
>love interests look exactly like their love interests
that's fucked up
>>
>>88820159
>Benecio Del Toro

Guillermo, anon. Guillermo.
>>
>>88820259
Has Guillermo ever worked with Benicio before?
>>
All Hail King Julian is good but it's really not for everyone. A good half of the humor is cringe humor involving characters doing really weird, gross or off putting actions. The best part is Julian himself and his relationship with the three side characters.

Julian himself is now a good mix of asshole and well meaning. He's still a jerk but genuinely cares for his people and friends and you get to understand why he really is a decent king. Maurice hasn't really changed from the films but is now shown to be more emotional and we get to see more of his friendship with Julian. Mort changed from really annoying fanboy to weird stalker creep and possible sexual deviant and Clover is basically all the penguins put in a blender.
>>
>>88819368
Don't forget the showrunner made the animatirs take out all the smear frames because he didn't understand them.
>>
Here's a question. What Dreamworks properties do YOU hope they make a Netflix show out of?

>Action/comedy Road To Eldorado series with more adult humor
>Megamind comedy series
>Rise of the Guardians adventure series, animated by MIR.
>>
>>88817097
Voltron was alright, though it was trying pretty hard for the Korra crowd.
>>
>>88822341
Wait, how does that happen? How do you have someone working in animation who doesn't understand smear frames?
>>
>>88822875
They got a sitcom writer to direct a bunch of artists.

It was a fiasco.
>>
File: 1469087362921.jpg (19KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1469087362921.jpg
19KB, 288x415px
I'm watching Trollhunters right now

>putting milk in guacamole

>>88822741
It's much better than Korra, though, mostly because it replaces the cancerous attempts at romance and drama with genuine friendships and dynamics between the cast.

Getting rid of Bryke and letting the others do their thing was a great move.
>>
>>88823272
Adding milk to guacamole is normal, but you usually don't do it.
>>
>>88814093
You're like that Lastman anon. You keep pushing this, but your threads sink, or people have to zombie-bump them. At least change it up, it's been pretty much the same opener to a thread on all of them.
>>
Jesus micro, fuck off
>>
File: 1468458205277.jpg (132KB, 652x573px) Image search: [Google]
1468458205277.jpg
132KB, 652x573px
>>88817529
>Scorpions don't sting lemurs, lemurs sting lemurs
>>
>>88814093
/co/'s disregard of Trollhunters, but their obsession with waifu threads and maymays is fucking depressing. It's one of the best animated shows I've seen in a while.

>B-but the pilot
It's only there to set up the story. There are countless great shows with weaker first episodes that exist to allow the rest of the show to tackle the more interesting aspects.
>>
>>88814282
Veggietales wasn't that bad.

It just takes out alot of the Christian themes from the normal show.
>>
>>88824584
Part of the contract they literally cannot use as much sinc its no longer produced by the original company.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.