[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>scary story is being told >every kid is scared shitless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>scary story is being told
>every kid is scared shitless
>the one kid who loves it

Be honest, when watching movies, listening to stories or reading books, which kid were you? The one who was easily scared, or the one who craved excitement?

If you have kids in your life, what kind are they?
>>
Unless it touched on very particular phobias, second. Most of the kids I know nowadays are also the latter.
>>
I don't think I was ever told a scary story as a child
>>
>>88811776
I was Easily scared. When I went to camp the counselors would tell scary stories before we went to sleep and I'd just cover my ears and hum so I didn't hear it.
I'd usually fuck it up and still get creeped out by bits. I still sometimes think back to the maniac licking my hand if it falls off the bed.
>>
>>88811776
>Be honest, when watching movies, listening to stories or reading books, which kid were you?
Almost anything would terrify me but not enough to stop me from reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and watching The Twilight Zone.

>If you have kids in your life, what kind are they?
Kids I've worked with try to scare themselves for fun with stuff like Bloody Mary or Charlie Charlie, but it was never really genuine fear. My nephew gets frightened easily but always puts on a brave face.
>>
I was a weird little fuck. I think less about how the monsters should be scary but why they would exist in the first place, how they serve the ecosystem and how they would act naturally when they aren't killing things. I was more into the science of it all. Now that I think about it I am somewhat disappointed I never actually went and major in bio though I doubt I would learn anything that isn't already known.

No kids myself but I seen kids in the family that would literally cry just because they have to put on their socks. Crybabies in general, just as likely they are crying that they aren't watching what they want to watch than the scary thing on TV.
>>
I was always the latter. Always rather watch it and be scared and not sleep, than not watch it.

Some horror movies were the only exception.

My kid sister is the opposite. She's been raised by her mom to basically be scared of tv. She used to be literally paralyzed by fear whenever the tv was on, because her mom told her to be scared of it. Now, she's never seen any Star Wars, or early Harry Potter movies or anything of the sort because "It looks scary". She closes her eyes when watching movies, and needs her mom to explain stuff.
But of course she doesn't like being told that she's a chicken, even though Disney Princess movies and Disney Channel series is the height of what she can handle at 7, while my brother saw Matrix with me when he was 3.
>>
>>88811776

I loved monsters and stuff as a kid so i loved listening to those kind of stories.
>>
>>88811850
>The Twilight Zone
Last day of the marathon on Syfy/Sci Fi just fyi.
>>
>>88811876
which brings me to my brother now that I think about it.

he watched Blade and Matrix at 3. And I wonder if that was a good idea. He was fine though. Loved it.

Only time when he was scared was in front of Animatrix. So I went and changed the DVD at the rental. I wanted to pick something cute and colorful, and picked a cartoon I'd never seen before, thinking he'd be amused and relaxed.

I was 11, he was 6, and that's when we watched South park the movie for the first time.
>>
>>88812071
Top kek
My first time watching South Park was on some iffy public access channel when I was 7. It was the Death episode, and when Kenny died we all laughed but it Fucked Me Up
>>
I was scared of the chirping noise mario made when he died
>>
>>88811776
The things I could think of as a kid were far worse then any fiction you'd feed children. I had this idea of what the X-files was in my head and I was intimidated by it for the first few season. I thought it was going to be nightmare inducing frightening. I watched it and was not scared at all.

It was like that for everything when I was a child. Roller coasters? Scared of those; then I got on one and it was all, 'Dad drives faster then that.'
>>
>>88812162
I remember seeing a couple episode of south park as a kid and then suddenly stopped after the episode with the fish that ate people. That episode freaked me out and I couldn't sleep well for the next few days.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.