[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the downsides of sharing your comic and animations on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: shill-card.png (178KB, 620x264px) Image search: [Google]
shill-card.png
178KB, 620x264px
what are the downsides of sharing your comic and animations on /co/?
what are other sites where i can share my content?
>>
>>88806836
You'll get called a shill and disparaged by autists regardless of where you go.
>>
>>88806949
i guess.
>>
>>88806836
If the hivemind turns against you they will tear you apart alive.
If it's not unanimous it's extremists on one side.
Or everyone ignores it.
But I've mostly seen example 2 and 3. Less 1.
>>
>>88807063
i shared my stuff back then and 1 happened, but i guess it was deserved since what i made was crap.
i've gotten better since then, or so i think
>>
some larger individual steals your creative work and since it's anonymous you are defenseless
>>
>>88807699
would i need to make some sort of tumblr account or some other bullshit to avoid that?
>>
>>88807772
I'd recommend it, but all I can say is don't start off with your best ideas work yourself up because without a audience it's extremely vulnerable or will simmer out.

>god'sspeedanon
>>
>>88807699
Has that happened before?
>>
>>88806836
For a start, unless you use a pseudonym, you're compromising your anonymity. Also, if you're sharing your work among any particular online community, there's gonna be a danger that they'll start to see you as one of them and start treating the work you do as somehow being an extension of themselves. So if you step out of line and diverge from the group think that's going on there, you'd be in for a nasty surprise.
>>
>>88806836
>why am I such a baby?
>>
>>88810798
goo goo gaga
>>
>>88810792
Having worked on a chan project before, yeah this anon is right. When you're doing something for a board people will look for virtually any reason to get on your ass no matter how small it is. You'll probably be fine if it was your own work and you brought it there but if it started on a board itself people will be very possessive. Even if you make decisions that would help it, they'll chew into you for dumb reasons.

I had a time where I brought a really good artist in onto a chan project and people were trying to chew me out for getting help from outside. Even though no other artist was stepping up from the board itself.
>>
>>88811809
>>88810792
well, thanks for the advice, i sort of have the projects kinda already made
>>
>>88812507
Also in addition to my statement above here's another thing that happened.

At this point me and my partners had this project thought out totally but needed a few extra hands for writing. One new guy from a thread joins and we get to work explaining everything. We tell him the flowing, where he can start, etc. We ask if he has any questions or comments, he says no and signs off. We figure he has a thing and just keep working.

He doesn't show up again. He simply went back onto the thread we got him from and told everyone we ruined the project just because we told him to follow rules. We wound up getting another writer from a forum a few days later, he joins, gets into it and churns out scripts later that same week.

I find alot of people on chans are unprofessional as fuck in a group project environment.
>>
i see.
thankfully this is just something made just by me
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.