[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First big climax was The Avengers >Second climax is Civil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 31

File: mv1.jpg (98KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
mv1.jpg
98KB, 1024x533px
>First big climax was The Avengers
>Second climax is Civil War
>Third climax is Infinity War
What's next?
How are they going to top Thanos and the Guardians teaming up with The Avengers?
>>
>>88781898
I can't imagine people are going to still be into Avengers by the time Infinity War is over. They can't stay popular forever.
>>
>>88781918
They're planning beyond Infinity War with a second Spider-Man movie, second Ant-Man movie, and an Avenger's sequel.
>>
>>88781898
Don't even try.

Fall back and make lower-budgeted movies and let a smaller yet still substantial dedicated core fanbase push a steady stream of mid-budget blockbusters to make a neat and tidy profit until the margins no longer hold.
>>
>>88781898
>>Implying we'll get MCU films once Trump bankrupts the US/starts WWIII/Censors all media

Is the alt right even going to let Black Panther happen?
>>
>>88782162
Well it takes place in Africa
>>
>>88782208
It's called Black Panther. FOX news will have a fucking field day.
>>
>>88781961
Wait, the second Ant Man is after BOTH Infinity War movies?
>>
>>88782339
Wait, nevermind I got confused when I looked at the Wikipedia page
>>
>>88782325
If they didn't make a fuss over his appearance in Civil War I'll doubt they'll care about his solo movie.

Concerns over this are easily rebuked as well since the character was created shortly before the movement. It's something they even had to address in the comics... I think T'Challa went by Black Leopard for a bit
>>
File: Iron Man and F-22 Raptors~02.jpg (207KB, 1200x692px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man and F-22 Raptors~02.jpg
207KB, 1200x692px
>>88781918
Star Wars has been hugely popular for decades with three films alone, and STILL maintained ridiculous momentum with the prequels. This is counting the negative stigma nerds faced back in the height of it's popularity earlier on.

The MCU is far better handled than Star Wars ever was, has a MUCH bigger cast of characters that normies remember fondly, and actually manages to take risks new ones, and unlike Star Wars, it doesn't have the same stigma. Feige has literally made being a comic nerd pretty much normal even if they aren't real comic nerds, and even though The Dark Knight kind of helped set the stage alongside Iron Man.

Like it or hate it, the MCU is pretty much a cinematic achievement that nobody predicted would work out as well as it did, and it's far too big to stop now. They would have to fuck up royally after Infinity War for the momentum to die down.
>>
>>88782495
I think you have the consider how a new Star Wars movie wasn't coming every single year so audiences didn't get sick of it overtime
>>
File: avengers-1 (1).jpg (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
avengers-1 (1).jpg
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>88782564
That's the genius of it, though; Marvel Studios tends to do something JUST different enough with every character that it never truly gets stale, sometimes even mixing genre's between sequels (unless you're Whedon). So you're not always stuck with the same cast of characters like Star Wars is, and sometimes, you may have the same character/protagonist, but not the same kind of movie. The only thing they tend to share is quips, but that's a minor gripe of mine.

Star Wars seems like it might someday head down a similar path. Just look at Rogue One; virtually a entirely new cast of characters, a focus on the "war" part of the rebellion with an emphasis on the "good isn't always nice" concept, and we actually got a pretty good film out of it, FAR better than Force Awakens, which stayed trapped in the same tired tropes as the other Star Wars films. My dick got rock hard the first time I heard the Rebel Alliance anthem twisted into something foreboding and ominous in the teaser trailer, which was a brilliant fucking thing to do with John William's composition, yet so fucking simple. Imagine if they tried to mix it up with Star Wars more often? We might actually get a film or two that's genuinely good instead of just popular based on brand recognition.

Disney may be the jewiest of the jews and they treat their employees like garbage, but I can't say that their cinematic efforts in other franchises have been poorly done. What they are doing is -working- in a way that studios wished they'd figured out years ago.
>>
>>88783222
dat widow
>>
>>88783222
What if people get tired of superhero and cinematic universe films in general?
>>
>>88781898

Feige has said they are going smaller after phase 3.
>>
>>88781898
>What's next?

Honestly, my hope is nothing.

Once you get up to Infinity War, all other options are lateral moves, at best.

I'm not saying they should stop making Marvel movies altogether, but after Infinity War, continuing with the whole Shared Universe thing would just be beating a dead horse. The best thing they can do after IW is bow out gracefully.
>>
>>88783320
Small in releases, scale, or both?
>>
File: x2GsY4U.jpg (230KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
x2GsY4U.jpg
230KB, 584x800px
>>88783360
>>88783360

In the scale of the stories, smaller, more personal. He said that of course there will be events here and there but they will be farther in between.
>>
File: dc5.jpg (158KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
dc5.jpg
158KB, 553x936px
>>88781898
Beyonder.
Multiverse.
Secret Wars.
>>
>>88783442
Oh jesus please no.

None of those things were good.
>>
File: confused-man.jpg (217KB, 925x572px) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.jpg
217KB, 925x572px
I never understood why studios never plan ahead with cinematic universes like Marvel.
When the MCU started the obvious objective was The Avengers where every single movie they made for the project culminates in a single event. Marvel also has way more source material than other planned cinematic universes (Hasbro, Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters, Call of Duty) that had much more loyal followings. What's going to have all the Hasbro properties meet up together, what's the "climax" of a Ghostbusters cinematic universe, when you run out all the limited Universal monsters where do you head to next to keep things fresh?
>>
File: banner.png (60KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
60KB, 300x100px
>>88781918
>I can't imagine people are going to still be into Avengers
Rebrand it then.
Strange, T'Challa & Carol: The Illuminati.
If they kept things that static we'd be on Iron Man 5 by now.
>>
>>88783426
They're still going to do 3 movies a year, aren't they?
>>
>>88781898
multiverse shit. they have three secret wars they can cherry pick from, plus Exiles and Universe X
>>
>>88781918
Bring on Thunderbolts
>>
>>88783473
>never understood why studios never plan ahead with cinematic universes like Marvel.

tbf Marvel has a pretty major cheat code. 60+ years of story ip and ideas to draw from. Even if it was a terrible comic there could be a killer idea that could make a great film. *cough*Civil War*cough*.

Everyone has to start from scratch... except for DC, which makes their failure even more pathetic.
>>
>>88782162
I thought it was the left's job to get triggered & cry for censorship?
>implying Trump will put his boi Ike out of pocket
kek
>>
>>88783550

Yes.
>>
I want to see them try actually telling a coherent story on a "Phase" scale.
Different characters, different individual stories, but still direct sequels to one another, with a major event that starts in the first movie and carries through to the last.

So like (and, granted, this is all hinging on Marvel regaining these properties, so take that as you will), the whole phase takes place in the 1960s, starting with a Fantastic Four movie, then an X-Men movie, then Namor the Sub-mariner, and then we see all of them interact. Atlanteans invade New York, the X Men go to space and have a Phoenix Force movie guest starring the Inhumans, and the whole thing culminates in a fight against Galactus. But all of it is period piece. That would be fun, and keep the same basic premise and formula without feeling like they're just doing the same things over again.
>>
File: TMTO_0243.jpg (765KB, 1476x960px) Image search: [Google]
TMTO_0243.jpg
765KB, 1476x960px
>>88783462
Beyonder & Secret Wars I can get but
>Multiverse
>not good
Git. FUKT.
>>
>>88783555
Fuck Universe X.
>>
>>88783462
Clone Wars?
>>
>>88783635
The basic concept of Multiverse is the reason comic books right now are fucked to begin with.
DC is way, WAY worse about this than Marvel, but it's how you end up with shit like the Crisis books, which are literally entire fucking plotlines devoted to "Housekeeping" to make it easier to write about those characters later.
It's dumb, pedantic, and literally no one actually gives a shit whether the story is about "modern" superman or "Golden Age" superman.
>>
File: anada.png (222KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
anada.png
222KB, 300x456px
What are the odds of them adapting today's stuff like modern day legacy heroes?
>>
>>88783599
>Different characters, different individual stories, but still direct sequels to one another, with a major event that starts in the first movie and carries through to the last.

So, sort of like the DCU?
>>
File: Browsing The Imperial Library.jpg (70KB, 780x623px) Image search: [Google]
Browsing The Imperial Library.jpg
70KB, 780x623px
>>88783328
>Once you get up to Infinity War, all other options are lateral moves, at best.
Infinity War's just one Universe anon.
I don't think you realize how high the turtles go...
>>
>>88783320
>>88783426
sauce
You don't introduce Dr Strange only to dumb down the scale.
>>
>>88783736
Probably pretty good, but I fucking hope not.

Legacy heroes are a fucking retarded concept to begin with. They're a half-measure at best, and they alienate and piss off fans at worst.
If they want to make new heroes, they should just up and make new heroes.
>>
File: Dr Strange 021-26.jpg (1MB, 1280x1995px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Strange 021-26.jpg
1MB, 1280x1995px
>>88783709
You have a severely stunted idea of what a multiverse is if ""modern" superman or "Golden Age" superman" is all you think it boils down to.
>>
>>88783794
I'd take legacy heroes over recasts tbqfh
>>
You think this will be Tony's final suit come Infinity War?
>>
File: Zemo.jpg (163KB, 801x939px) Image search: [Google]
Zemo.jpg
163KB, 801x939px
>>88781898
>How are they going to top Thanos and the Guardians teaming up with The Avengers?

Phase 4 - Avengers: Masters of Evil
Using science and sorcery, Arnim Zola and Amora raise up champions to destroy the Avengers once and for all. Starring:

Daniel Brühl as Baron Zemo reluctant super-soldier
Elizabeth Banks as Amora Asgardian sorceress
Charlize Theron as Moonstone powered by an alien artifact
Mickey Rourke as Crimson Dynamo more machine than man
Tim Roth as Abomination brutal gamma beast
Karl Urban as Executioner Amora's right hand
Andy Serkis as Klaw a being of living sound
Keke Palmer as Yellowjacket II reluctant villain
Huang Xiao Ming as Radioactive Man
Aaron Taylor Johnson as Whirlwind
and the voice of Toby Jones as the evil AI Arnim Zola

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Chris Evans (?) as Captain America
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk
Paul Rudd as Giant-Man
Evangeline Lily as The Wasp
Chadwick Boseman as The Black Panther
Brie Larson as Captain Marvel
Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch
Paul Bettany as the Vision

with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury

Go Big or Go Home, and let the old actors who want to move on move on. This seems like a massive cast, but you are really only introducing 4 new characters at this point.
>>
File: 1428401860334.jpg (862KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1428401860334.jpg
862KB, 900x1367px
What are the odds of them adapting today's stuff like modern day legacy heroes?
>>
>>88783807
No, I know that doesn't, but that doesn't make the argument that they're retarded any less salient.

He's Superman. He should only ever be Superman. The only difference the reader should ever have to make is between writers and artists. Anything further just dilutes the character and hamstrings the writer.
>>
>>88783842
>Go Big or Go Home
Agreed.
Fuck the job squad. Kang or nothing.
>>
>>88783884
Yeah, okay, we're definitely talking about separate levels of multiverse here.
>>
File: Feige_1300.jpg (200KB, 1300x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Feige_1300.jpg
200KB, 1300x1051px
>>88783763
Kevin Feige says don't expect marvel movies to keep getting bigger after Avengers 4
https://io9.gizmodo.com/dont-expect-marvels-movies-to-keep-getting-bigger-after-1788490019

>“I think it’s possible to have more intimate movies after that,” Feige told Vulture. “Or to have more interesting, unexpected combinations of characters after that, absolutely. It never is intentionally about ‘being even bigger.’”
>“To us, it’s less about continuing to go bigger with spectacle, although in some cases, we will, and more about continuing to go deeper with those character interactions,” Feige said.
>>
File: Crimson Dynamo ENH.png (155KB, 425x604px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Dynamo ENH.png
155KB, 425x604px
>>88783842
>Mickey Rourke
You do realize hes pretty much done working with Marvel right? Besides Whiplash died, theres been more than one Dynamo anyway. Just get another Russian. That said, Im all for seeing the clunky red bastard, preferably similar to this design, full cosmonaut
>>
>>88783888
>Kang and his army of not-Chitari future-mooks

Pass
>>
>>88783825
RDJ's pretty much stuck close with the Iron Man role since it helped him make a comeback.
If he gets replaced or killed off I'm sort of fearing for the worst.
>>
>>88783222
>What they are doing is -working- in a way that studios wished they'd figured out years ago.

This is mostly just true of Marvel. Look at Pirates of the Caribbean and you'll see they have been gradually been getting worse critical reception and worse domestic box office returns for their budget as time goes on.
>>
>>88783222
Rogue One was a fluke. Next you're gonna get "young character X" movies in between Episode 8, 9, 10, ad nauseam.

The MCU is on more stable ground.
>>
>>88783288
>What if people get tired of superhero and cinematic universe films in general?
Why do posters here think this a real thing? That's like saying people get tired of comedies, of action movies or any other type of genre
>>
>>88783925
Mickey would come back for the money. They all do. But sure, cast someone as his cousin or whatever. And the Big Red Suit is a must, I agree.

The Big Hero Team vs the Big Villain Team is the only spectacle Marvel has yet to deliver on, outside of Cosmic Space Gods arrive!
>>
>>88783956
westerns are deader than dead
>>
File: 1445961082228.png (100KB, 347x345px) Image search: [Google]
1445961082228.png
100KB, 347x345px
>>88783921
>I think it’s possible...
>It never is intentionally...
>although in some cases, we will
Clever girl.
>>
>>88783956
Well they got tired of Westerns and sword/sandal/toga movies, which only have brief bursts of coming back ever since.
>>
>>88783842
>Huang Xiao Ming as Radioactive Man
Can't wait for the same people whining about a white Iron Fist complaining about something like this.
>>
>>88783948
>Rogue One was a fluke.
As someone who saw Episode IV in theaters as an 8 yr old, I am sick to death of the Star Wars franchise.
But even I'm not willing to believe that Disney isn't going to make a gorillion dollars from it.
>>
File: crimson-dynamo-home11.png (182KB, 828x937px) Image search: [Google]
crimson-dynamo-home11.png
182KB, 828x937px
>>88783926
>He doesnt like Kang
Get some taste anon
>>88783971
At this point fuck Rourke. He wasnt that great to begin with. His accent sucked and I think we can do better
>>
>>88783956
That doesn't make the question any less valid, though.

There was a time, about 60-ish years ago, when Westerns were HUGE. I mean HUGE. Something like 75% of all movies made for about a decade and a half were westerns, between the late 40s and the early 60s.
And then one day, (many ascribe the change to the space race), Westerns just ran out of gas, and within a year, the genre went all but extinct.

It's happened before. There's prescient.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>88783941
have you seen Rogue One? When RDJ is done, Disney will just get him to sign a contract saying they can keep using his likeness,

if they decide the technology is still a bit too uncanny valley they'll just have him 'dead' and revived as an AI hologram
>>
File: 1418610524111.jpg (1MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1418610524111.jpg
1MB, 988x1500px
>>88783926
>he wouldn't mark out for the WE WUZ Armada
gay
>>
>>88784008
Radioactive Man was always Chinese. What are you on about?
>>
>>88784047
And Iron Fist was always white. His point's clear.
>>
>>88784047
I'm saying people are going complain that the character is Asian and is a villain.
t. Asian American in California
>>
>>88783473
>when you run out all the limited Universal monsters where do you head to next to keep things fresh?

Nowhere. You stop making movies about them. You don't have to keep making movies for a series for a very long time. Sometimes people go on too long trying to make new seasons of a tv show or sequels for a movie.
>>
>>88784064
Shit we're getting Cho next Phase aren't we
>>
>>88784084
>Cho Hulk
Fuck everything about that. Id rather Hulk stayed dead in the MCU. Actually we might be safe, Universal might cockblock them
>>
>>88784037
We've had Loki drowning the team in mooks
and we've had Ultron drowning the team in mooks.

What in the hell is the appeal of Time-Doctor Doom drowning the Avengers in mooks?

And time-travel stories are almost universally cancer. I have nothing personal against comic book Kang however.
>>88784064
>I'm saying people are going complain that the character is Asian and is a villain.
Do they ALL have to be Germans/Slavs?
>>
Slow down the rate of movies coming out, then do a big reboot 10 years later.
>>
>>88784107
>Do they ALL have to be Germans/Slavs?
To people like them if it's white, it's 100% right
>>
>>88784119
A reboot is a death sentence, It's a stupid idea.
>>
The difference between Westerns and Cape movies is that Westerns are locked in that time period, where as capes take place in modern times, or can be adapted for more modern interpretations. Comic book movies in general can cover a much wider array of genres than a Western could. The fact that Westerns went extinct doesn't surprise me. There's only so many ways you can twist them to be interesting.

Capes and Comics in general, however, can literally be just about anything.
>>
>>88783977
>>88783991
>>88784032
If every single capeflick was a Donner Superman rehash, this'd be a salient point.
As is each franchise has a different flavor. Thriller, monster, espionage, fantasy, sci-fi, heist, mindtrip... the only common theme is they're action movies. And action movies are fucking eternal.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
7KB, 235x215px
>>88783977
>>88783991
>>88784032
>western comparison
>>
>>88784156
How fortunate that we seem to be heading into a situation of shitty Chinese relations with our new Madman in Charge.

And you can't tell me the rest of the Asian sphere would turn their noses up at the idea of a Chinese nuclear villain. Because that's a hard sell.

I've worked with plenty of Chinese, Japanese and Flips. They are not some mono-group by any measure.
>>
>>88783473
You have a crossover between different incarnations of the characters and then a movie where the Universal monsters team up to fight a squad of 80s-2010 horror icons in one to the death with a lot of strange interactions from silent serial killers abusing the "rules" of monsters using flaming chainsaws with iron and silver crosses attached to them while they just magic their way out of elaborate death traps.
>>
>>88784107
it doesn't really need to be a 'time travel' story beyond Kang being from the future and having spent time in the past. Like, from start to finish it could all take place in the present
>>
>>88784220
Wow, then there's absolutely no reason to use Kang at all.
Use High Evolutionary at that point, he's got better hench-beasts.
>>
>>88784165
This.

Then again, you can always keep the canon in tact and simply start on the Marvel Cinematic Mutliverse.
>>
File: 1480914070434.jpg (359KB, 889x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1480914070434.jpg
359KB, 889x1222px
>>88784206
>the Universal monsters
Anon, they're reimanigings of the Universal monsters, not necessarily the classic incarnations.
>>
>>88784026
George should have left the post-ROTJ films unmade and stipulated that nobody else could make more, then they could be quasi-mythical instead of diluting the brand.
>>
>>88784165
They don't need to announce it as that. Iron Man wasn't the first adaptation of Marvel comic books. Just one that appeared on the scene suddenly and was crazy popular, boosting Iron Man's popularity up all kinds of notches from before.
>>
>>88784220
Senpai nah.
Wibbly wobbly the MCU's shit right up.
You could use it as a stepping-stone to Secret Wars, say it weakened reality.
>>
>>88783473
>what's the "climax" of a Ghostbusters cinematic universe

Female Ghostbusters team up with the Men in Black, 21 Jump Street and the ghosts of the original Ghostbusters
>>
>>88784181
>>88784182
You're right, Superhero movies are more versatile, which has attributed to their longevity.
And the Western comparison isn't the only comparison you could make, it's just the easiest.

Another comparison could be the Auteur Director era, from the early 1970s to the mid 90s. Everyone predicted that to go on forever, but it really only took one poorly recieved movie (Eyes Wide Shut) and one potentially great director to end up being shit (M.Night) before that era came crashing down around everyone's ears.

There's really no direct comparison between any of these things, granted, except to illustrate that movie-going audiences are a fickle bunch, and things that are considered timeless pillars now can stop being a thing in the blink of an eye. It really would only take one bad year for Marvel movies to cease being entirely. We're not there yet, but don't over-estimate the width of the tightrope they're walking.
>>
>>88784026
Have fun with your Boba Fett film, Han Solo film, Episode VIII, Episode IX, and more.
>>
>>88783473
>Call of Duty cinematic universe

Just generic war movies under a brand name then.
>>
>>88784253
This looks like a mummy, so she could probably take having a drill go into her chest with all kinds of sexual innuendos, only to have her laugh while only sand pours out and she reforms her body on the ground and puts her bandages on again.
>>
>>88784278

They don't need to reboot to do that, they just did it with Doctor Strange.
>>
File: phys.jpg (39KB, 212x378px) Image search: [Google]
phys.jpg
39KB, 212x378px
>>88784307
>Female Ghostbusters team up with the Men in Black
>>
>>88784032
>many ascribe the change to the space race

Now there's a big difference between westerns and super hero films. I don't think a change as big as the Space Race was will happen again any time soon to make people suddenly get sick of a single genre of fiction that focuses almost exclusively on the past and what was.

But predicting the future is hard and I'm not sure if anyone a decade or even less before the Space Race took off could have seen not only it coming but what effect it'd have on media, culture, etc.
>>
>>88784326
>Another comparison could be the Auteur Director era
Is this really a thing Joe Schmo kept an eye out for on movie posters?
Really?
>>
>>88784307
>>88784337
and Charlie's Angels
>>
>>88784326
>the Auteur Director era

The fuck is that?
>>
>>88784307
>>88784381
Fuck it, throw in a cheap promo for the Emoji movie 4 while you're at it
>>
>>88784336
Yeah, I think this is something people screaming reboot fail to realize.
Every cycle of new actors/characters they go through will practically be a soft reboot in & of itself.
Shit we could get a Cho/Quasar/Elsa Bloodstone team come 2028.
>>
>>88784307
ALIEN GHOSTS THAT DEAL DRUGS TO INNER-CITY YOUTHS
>>
File: Trump_ad4d45_6004271.jpg (41KB, 419x421px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_ad4d45_6004271.jpg
41KB, 419x421px
1. Opening conflicts with Living Laser, Power Man and Whirlwind. They get beat down.
2. Shady Real-Estate billionaire has found and exploited Arnim-Zola's backup, and arranges to spring the trio, and makes a yuge Deal to boost their power levels.
3. Instead absorbs their multiplied power levels into himself, basically giving himself the powers of Man of Murder, calling himself Nefaria.
4. Cue massive 3rd act fight scene, a billion and a half dollars in box office, and epic Memes.
>>
>>88784326
I thought that died with Cimino's "Heaven's Gate" and the blockbusters took over.
>>
>>88784358
In the 90s? Jesus christ yes.
Speilberg, Kubrik, Cameron, Burton, Scorsese, these names sold MOVIES.

You think Titanic got to be the biggest selling movie of its time because it starred the kid from Growing Pains?
>>
>>88781898

They'll kill Cap. Everyone thinks cap or Im will die in 2019, but Im betting they don't do it till 2022. They'll milk RDJ and evans for avengers 5 and kill half the avengers in the first half of the movie. It'll be some shit villain who doesn't deserve the kills. IM and/or cap will job super hard to....zemo or hydra or some shit.
>>
>>88783473
>What's going to have all the Hasbro properties meet up together

GI Joe/Transformers has been a thing in comics so they can crib from there

What else is Hasbro, Battleship right?
>>
>>88784449
Spielberg in the 90's was equal parts silly popcorn movies like Jurassic Park and stuff no one saw like Amistad.
>>
>>88784449
It had Kate's titties and was PG-13
>>
>>88783578
>I thought it was the left's job to get triggered & cry for censorship?
http://myfox8.com/2016/12/30/virginia-lawmaker-proposes-bill-to-declare-porn-a-public-health-hazard/

http://www.businessinsider.com/utah-porn-heath-hazard-2016-4
http://www.goupstate.com/news/20161217/bill-seeks-to-put-porn-block-on-computers-sold-in-sc

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-signs-anti-pornography-pledge/article/2598268
>>
>>88784471
Jem and the Holograms
M.A.S.K.
These are confirmed. There are others that aren't coming immediately to mind, but that's what we know is happening
>>
>>88784471
ROM, M.A.S.K., Visionaries, and Micronauts are apparently planned
>>
File: Ratzinger.jpg (57KB, 394x477px) Image search: [Google]
Ratzinger.jpg
57KB, 394x477px
>>88784513
This. It's like people here really think the Soccer Moms and Bible hypocrites are all west coast libs or some stupid shit.
>>
>>88783736

GotG was less than 8 years old when it was a movie. I mean, its probably a distinct possibility for 2020 on.
>>
>>88783736
As much as I'm not interested in the new Champions, they could sell the fuck out of it as a movie targeting young audiences.

Kids would drag their parents to see something like that as if it were a religious pilgrimage.
>>
>>88783473
That's assuming the Hasbro properties could even do well enough to get sequels where they can meet up. Save for Transformers I wouldn't be surprised if every other movie they make ends up like Battleshit. And while I've never seen M.A.S.K. myself I can't help but think most people would see the name and despite all the periods in it think it was a sequel to Son of the Mask or some shit.
>>
>>88784520
>>88784519
The only thing this will accomplish is making the Transformers and GI Joe movies look good by comparison.
Think Battleship.
>>
>>88784519
Jem's recent movie was complete shit and isn't a warrior
M.A.S.K. isn't really Hasbro property and no one has ever given a fuck about it. Transformers has been a mainstay for decades and prints money and G.I. Joe at least used to be popular.
>>
>>88784632
Micronauts was a flash-in-the-pan toy thing that would translate into some sort of awkward mid-budget sci fi show, the sort that shit the bed in theaters on a regular basis.

There's nothing in the Micronauts that people would want to see.
>>
File: A12063345-13.jpg (191KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
A12063345-13.jpg
191KB, 1024x729px
>>88783840
>>
>>88783473
Forgot to mention Godzilla-King Kong Cinematic Universe which actually has a climax with the two duking it out. Anything beyond that isn't revealed but Legendary has the license to use the aforementioned two, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah.
>>
>>88784742
Godzilla movies don't translate into impressive money in the States, and 300 foot tall King Kong never fails to be a ridiculous concept.
>>
>>88783971
Rourke publicly stated that he hates Marvel and that he'll never work with them again because of the fact that they cut out some of his scenes in Iron Man 2.
>>
File: 1483164531615.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483164531615.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Just face it. Superheroes movies are here to stay
>>
>>88784425
I'll be honest, I'd watch that if Miller and Lord were on it
>>
>>88784797
He's ultimately replaceable (and dead anyway).
>>
>>88784825
By 2020 it'll be the MCU, Spin-offs of X-Force, and the 6th incarnation of Batman.

If I never have to see Lex Luthor or Magneto again on the big screen I'll be a happy man.
>>
Alternate versions of themselves.
>>
>>88783709
>DC's Multiverse is worse
take that back before i put a scottish hex on your ass
>>
>>88784536
That and they forgot why they're called CONSERVATIVES in the first place.
>>
>>88784949
Calm down Morrison.
>>
>>88784969
sod off; this fucker has it coming
>>
How much fresh material do they have left counting Netflix, Hulu, and TV?
>>
>>88785528

20 years minimum. I'm probably grossly understating that.
>>
>>88783599
I dream of a Netflix series inspired by Marvels that showcases chronologically the origins and greatest stories of every major Marvel character.

Only problem is I don't know if it would be better to start with the Torch, Namor, and Cap in the 40s or start with the Fantastic Four and do Timely stuff as flashbacks or something.
>>
>>88783794
Sebastian Stan has a longer contract that Chris Evans. He's the likely choice for the shield if they go Legacy, and perhaps we can go Capt. Falcon afterwards.

RDJ isn't going to last forever, though. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the cast changes.
>>
>>88785788
Anthony Mackie doesn't want a solo Falcon movie though
>>
>>88785788
While Stan does have a longer contract than Evans that doesn't necessarily mean it's for Cap movies or whatever. How many films does his contract say he has to do, nine? Him showing up for five seconds in the stinger of a Black Panther film could count as one film or only in a flashback of another Cap movie. We don't really know the details of the contracts.
>>
>>88784200

They can make him a more nuanced character. He had some depth as a Thunderbolt, I thought. It would be a good route to take him, kind of a redemption arc, and we can bring in Songbird.
>>
>>88784688

shit i thought they made up that shit in marvel superheroes.
>>
>>88785814
Indeed, but he might change his mind if they throw him more money and the headline to a Captain America movie.
>>
>>88784684
Nonsense, Micronauts is Ant-Man + GOTG
>>
File: IronManExtremisBleedingEdge.jpg (593KB, 2296x1524px) Image search: [Google]
IronManExtremisBleedingEdge.jpg
593KB, 2296x1524px
>>88783840
They'll much more likely go with a MCU interpretation of Extremis (left) or maybe even Bleeding Edge (right) reimagined by phil sauders for the movies to look less insectoid or pseudo liquid.

Though more likely Extremis. It's pretty much the go-to suit most people think of when they think of 616 Tony Stark.
>>
File: doom stands.png (380KB, 498x681px) Image search: [Google]
doom stands.png
380KB, 498x681px
the answer is obvious
>>
File: 14665302665_96b6da641a.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
14665302665_96b6da641a.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>88784568
>GotG was less than 8 years old when it was a movie
Legitimately fucking brain yourself.
>>
>>88783473

Marvel didn't have a SET plan is why what they're doing works. Not trying to make a DC v marvel thing.... more a studio comparison.

Marvel was doing Avengers at some point. If IM and TIH underperformed, we'd not have gotten IM2, probably no cap or thor solos. It would have been Avengers next, likely in 2010 or 2011. They saw a chance and took. Cap 3 also was a flexible movie. Would it be civil war? Would it be avengers 2.5 with winter soldier. They just were always planning, but not sticking to a plan

WB (AGAIN EXAMPLE, NOT CONSOLE WARS) was really stuck on the bat v superman angle. Or the JL movie. These films were ideas the studio wanted since... like 2001. They never let go and decide this is the time to do. They weren't flexible on audience reaction and organic story telling.

Marvels Phase 1 is actually pretty messy. The whole avengers initiative was for.... what purpose? They had a helicarrier. The threat was unknown, it becomes really weak if it's loki. They retroactively had more knowledge of asgard and hydra, but at the time, the films were leading to a hulk villain avengers movie. So they bent things. They bent them again with the sceptor and tesseract. Marvels strength is bending their continuity. They were leading somewhere, or these things had important. Shift what they are, do and ect. is weak story telling, but makes things easier for their film making and lining all these movies up. Which is important as well.
>>
File: gotg4.jpg (94KB, 394x619px) Image search: [Google]
gotg4.jpg
94KB, 394x619px
>>88786186

Oh Im sorry, did you see a movie starring this team from the year 3000? You must think its the same exact team as the 2008 comic run, cause they share the same title and nothing else. I guess if it were autistic I wouldn't be able to tell the difference either, unless it was like star trek and each iteration had a subtitle. Confusing Im sure.
>>
>>88781961

>an Avenger's sequel

Well, which Avenger is getting the sequel?
>>
>>88786257
>at the time, the films were leading to a hulk villain avengers movie.

I believe you.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/10/14/hulk-as-avengers-villain

The comments are interesting:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hulk-as-avengers-villain.172190092/
>>
>>88784332
>>
>Just generic war movies under a brand name then.
That- might be OK.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.