[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's bad to hate a cartoon because of a fandom What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1472010607128.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1472010607128.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>It's bad to hate a cartoon because of a fandom
What type of autism is this? This year, 2016, fandoms literally shape whole franchises
>>
If you are implying the fandom can shape a show into something bad, then it is still the quality of the show you should be hating it for, not the behaviour of other people.
>>
File: 1444872602416.jpg (1MB, 3867x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1444872602416.jpg
1MB, 3867x5000px
>>88780947
No they don't. Also

>watching cartoons while being a grown man

W E W
E
W
>>
you can hate a show for pandering to a fandom or reacting or whatever but hating it just for the fandom is stupid
>>
>>88781116
They do to an extent.
Look at Adventure Time. The show became pure shipping fuel. Even Gumball is going to use the faggotry of shipping in one of their later episodes.
OP is still a faggot, though.
>>
>No they don't.
While I do think hating a show specifically because of the fanbase is incredibly stupid and petty to say that they have no influence in the modern age of the internet is flat out untrue.

Just as it's no become easier to gain criticism for your work its also easier for fans to greater influence how the work should be made. Pandering is more prevalent then ever before.
>>
I dunno, man. If something's bad, you're gonna recognize that it's bad regardless of how much you pay attention to the fan-base. It's easier to not get your head stuck in that kind of shit, it's a fucking waste of time anyway.
>>
>>88781144
>pandering to a fandom
This is what fucking ruined Homestuck and the horse show.

Creators should really stay the fuck away from their fans.
>>
>>88781116
>saying this on the comics and cartoons board
As if capeshit was any better.
>>
File: 1481437408875.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1481437408875.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>88781273
>easier for fans to have greater influence in how the work should be made

Fuck this completely. The word "Fan" in this day and age is just random, anonymous voices spewing their vemon all over me in great numbers. Just because this generation`s audience wants pairings, lore, PC bullshit, etc in everything, doesn`t mean i have to bend over and take it. I shouldn`t give a damn if it affects ratings or cash for the sake of my originality/my vision. If they were actual fans, they would watch the content, support me via spreading the word, buying merch, or demonstrate constructive criticism about the craft, and/or have active discussion/debates to keep the topic alive.

But fuck logical sense, since this is real life and i either take it up the ass or lose it all.
>>
>>88780947
I've liked several things and found out later that there was some vocal minority of faggots that made it look bad.
As >>88781144 said, hating a show for pandering to the vocal minority is fine, but if you're going to base your opinions off of the opinions of other people on the internet, you're going to end up eventually hating everything.
>>
I am just so fucking done with nerd-shit in general.
>>
>>88780947
Fandoms are defined by the most vocal, the most autistic, and the loudest voices don't represent the whole.

The most nitpicky, whiny, scumsucking bottomfeeders don't change the cartoon that's been made and it's illogical to hate a product based on others' reaction to it.
>>
>>88781604
If your "creative genius" is so fragile as to be tainted by a few internet comments your show was bound to go to shit eventually.
>>
>>88782066
no, it's about when creators change what they do to pander to their fans wishes. What people say they want is rarely what they actually want.
>>
>>88781116
That's only if they influence how the property goes. Most fandoms don't get that kind of control unless the creators have no spines.
>>
>>88782165
That cuts both ways. It means Bryke and Alex Hirsh should do whatever the hell they want with their next project because fuck the fandoms.
>>
>>88780947
Sometimes shows/games are made specifically to attract obnoxious autistic fans because devs and producers know that they'll cling to it and buy everything they produce for it.
>>
>>88781144
problem is, all the people you will find ARE the fucking fandom retards that ruin all shows ever.

i can NEVER find someone who is calm and collected, its like everyone is a spazzing out. blithering retard when you even MENTION X cartoon or anime.

my fucking hobby shop is this and its fucking annoying.
>>
>>88780947
>fandoms literally shape whole franchises
They can, doesn't mean they will. And even if they do, unless it's too the detriment of the show, it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1457035432789.png (27KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
1457035432789.png
27KB, 383x384px
>>88781116
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.