[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All things considered, why does the Marvel community aka /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1469296894169.gif (106KB, 283x186px) Image search: [Google]
1469296894169.gif
106KB, 283x186px
All things considered, why does the Marvel community aka /co/ dislike Miles Morales? I personally enjoyed his story tremendously, it didn't really shoehorn in that Marvel stereotype -- HURRR HE'S AFRICAN THERWFORE WE HAVE TO SHOVE THIS FACT EVERYWHERE AND ON EVERYONE.
Tl;dr why do we dislike Miles Morales? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>88775621
I don't dislike him, but I don't find him to be that interesting, either. He has a very quiet, introverted personality, so the best he can do is "straight man" off other people.

This is very clear in the Champions comic. Kid Nova has more personality than him.
>>
File: Ultimate Scorpion.jpg (729KB, 1981x2208px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Scorpion.jpg
729KB, 1981x2208px
>>88775621
You're either baiting or a newfag because we have this discussion nearly every damn day. Hes fucking nothing. He's Bendis's pet character pushed in several books and hes redundant with Peter still running around. Drop the webshooters and Spider mantle, make him the new Scorpion (because hes known for winning every damn fight with a venom blast anyway) and be done with it.
>>
>>88775621
Bendis is way too slow, the character is too introverted (without the tragedy behind Parker's life) and the comic is way too safe and derailed by events, that you cant really develop the character. All the little development Morales got was backtracked by Secret Wars, and he is always under the shadow of someone else, be it Parker, Tony, other avengers and even his equals like Kamala and Sam.

How bad do you have to be, to make Sam look more interesting than you?
>>
>>88775621

Problem is that Bendis failed to develop Miles beyond 'Peter except black'. There was some promise in early Ultimate Spider-Man like the arc with Miles' uncle but in the end Bendis just badly aped Peter's stories and even gave Miles Peter's supporting cast & villain because he was retarded enough to kill off Miles' own supporting characters and villains every time he wrote himself into a corner.
>>
>>88775621

because everyone hates Bendis who has written most of his stuff
>>
He's a nigger.
>>
Miles Morales is directionless, which is the main problem.

Pete is driven by guilt, which causes him countless drama to work with. Why does Miles put on the suit? Just because he has to powers? What does he wanna do as an adult? Superhero full-time? Exploit his skills in sports? We don't know because Quesada doesn't know.

Honestly, the thing that bugs me to most about Miles is that they make him fight like Pete when he shouldn't. Pete relied on his intelligence and spider-sense, but Miles has invisibility and his Venom Blast. And that's perfectly fine. Not every minority has to be a super genius. How refreshing would it be to have a hero who specializes in stealth and when he's found out, he really has to think on his feet to pull through?
>>
>>88776404
I think this is a problem with all the legacy characters, especially since the original ones are still around. Robbie struggles to be relevant, so far away from all the action, Cho doesnt act like Cho anymore, same with Laura, Kamala is being derailed by events, and as soon as her creator leaves, she sis going straight to the back, because no one else seems to "get her".
>>
>>88776733
Oh god, I didn't even think about how bad Kamala is going to get it. The second her creator leaves, she'll be put in a stripper outfit and/or turned evil, or become a side-cut wearing feminist because apparently the only way superheroines can get character development is if they change their hair.
>>
His whole story in Ultimate is fitting into a martyr's shoes.

In 616 the guy is literally still around which makes that hook awkward, and he does not have another one.

I do not hate the guy but he was integrated into the main universe poorly and it shows.

Also, >>88776404
In addition every time Bendis DOES stumble on an interesting story for Miles, he panics and runs the fuck away for it. Remember the blogger chick who found out Miles was black and shouted it from the heavens and Miles was SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE both because he felt fetishized and because, hello, sure cuts down on his secret identity stuff, even in a city with a large black population like new york.

And then there was backlash because how dare Marvel write about more than one type of black person and say something true like "Hey there's more than one type of black person and how they react to these types championing them is different." and Bendis backed the fuck off and had Luke Cage call Miles super important to apologize, which is a shame because Miles getting his own well meaning JJJ media figure who fucks his life up would have been a really interesting complication for his super hero career.
>>
>>88777015
>And then there was backlash
do you have links? I believe you, but i dont remember seeing any of it for myself
>>
>>88777267
No this was a while ago and keeping an archive of internet shitstorms is a recipe for self hatred and early suicide.

There was enough that Bendis felt the need to explain himself on his tumblr you could check there.
>>
>>88775621
I don't hate him I'm just entirely indifferent towards him probably because Bendis writes at glacier pace so despite having existed for years already his story has barely moved a mile. I mean his last major development was finding out his dad was a Shield agent and that shit happened before his universe died for Secret Wars.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.