[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did you think of Renato Jones, /co/? "A sort of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 72

So what did you think of Renato Jones, /co/?

"A sort of hallucinatory rage pop 'Punisher from Occupy.' It's gorgeous and also demented." --Warren Ellis

"Renato Jones— that really was pretty terrible– that was just stone dumb. I felt pretty embarrassed for the entire mother-loving Planet Earth, reading that sucker. Image Comics could have stopped that from happening."--Abhay Khosla
>>
What
>>
>>88771727

Feeling embarrassed for reading a comic or any entertainment is childish as fuck and says a lot about a person.

and abhay is garbage, wtf anon.
>>
Who is abhany kholsa?
>>
Sounds like a storytime is in order.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88773137
A reviewer.

http://www.savagecritic.com/uncategorized/abhay-2016-another-year-that-i-mindlessly-consumed-oh-god-oh-god-make-it-stop-uncle-uncle/
>>
>>
>>88773872
Those who can, do.
Those who can't, review.
>>
>>
>>
pretentious hipster shit the reviewer presents:
pretentious hipster shit
>>
>>
I loved it. Can't wait for the next part.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Every single is full of hamfisted social commentary, is almost impressive.
>>
>>
>>88774345
There should be a character named Hamfist.
>>
>>88773872
>So my notes are filled with (and this all very nearly verbatim) “Renato Jones: The One — that was a pile of shit; just really fucking dumb” and “Seven to Eternity: shitty– like a grocery-store fantasy novel … underwhelming” and “Velvet: did something go wrong?” and “Sex Criminals: the creators showed up in-comic ala Grant Morrison’s Animal Man except to talk about a tumblr post??” and “The Fix: I was just really bored for 95% of it. It was sort of like ‘oh yeah this is what I’ve been avoiding‘” and “Why can’t Image publish more comics for 9-11 truthers?”
>>
>>
>>88773952
This is what pretentious hipster shit is? It's not so bad. I've seen worse this year.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88774431
i actually mean the """""""""""""""critic"""""""""""""
>>88773872
and her collection of "talking like a so smart tv show" writing
>>
>>
>>88774385
Seven to Eternity and The Fix are fucking great tho. Once again, Kosla proves he has no idea of what he's talking about.
>>
>>
>>88774495
Abhay Kosla is a man, dude.
>>
>>
>>88774540
His parents should be whipped for giving him a girl's name.
Except it suits him.
>>
>>
>>
>>88774565
don't offend girls like that, i have known more less cringy that abbot kostelo
>>
This was pretty cringy, i waiting for some sign of self awareness or some twist, but there was none.
>>
>>
>>88774380
Should have been MC alias.
>>
>>88774590
It's a little hard for me to read this mock episode preview.
>>
>>88774520
are they though?

Reborn and Monstress are better
>>
>>88774890
Monstress is debatable but
>Millar
I mean for crying out loud, Capullo is barely even trying in Reborn.
>>
Can you people please explain to me what's so bad about this? It's a little hamfisted, yeah, but most comic books are. What's so wrong about this? The one percent sucks, capitalism more or less sucks, it's not exactly a wake-up call or anything and it's pretty in your face and perhaps unoriginal and a bit boring, but it's not too bad, I don't think.
>>
>>88775243
Can you explain what's so good about it?
>>
>>88775288
Not saying it's good, just doesn't really seem noteworthy enough to be bad. I feel like it's over the top and liberal, but that's about it.

I like the mock-up ads, though.
>>
>>88775288
Shifting the burden of proof is a fallacy.
>>
>>88775243
Main character is the umpteenth edgy batman, and has no charisma.
Dialogue sucks, it competently lacks any kinds subtlety or wit.
You can pretty much predict how the entries issue is gonna develop since the first page.
The whole issue felt like going trough a checklist of social issues it had to address.
Art is good, but not good enough to compensate for the awful writing.
This like the liberal equivalent of that shitty comic about what would have happened if Al-Gore had won the election.
>>
Not as good as Ellis says it is but not as completely horrible as Abhay says it is either. I haven't read the other issues yet.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88771727
Sounds cancerous, why are you storytiming it?
>>
>>88775043
>Capullo is barely even trying in Reborn.

This is delusional, it's probably your Millar hate thats clouding your eyes.

It's easily on par with his Batman stuff, he even has the same colorist.
>>
>>
>>88777711
It's all you deserve.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88771727
does the creator know the riches people in the world are not white or american
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88771727

who is Abhay Khosla and why do I care about their opinion?

Ellis says nothing about the quality of the book, just that it looks good, which considering its Kaare Andrews is par the course.
>>
>>
>>88778203
Apparently he's a person with opinions and access to the internet.
>>
>>88777998
Writing may suck, but i really love the art of this comic.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This reminds me of a manga I read once. Akumetsu? Something like that?
>>
>>88778869
yeah, I was thinking about that too.
>>
>>88778203
An overweight SJW curry nigger who thinks he's a brilliant comedic wit who you should ignore like almost everyone else does.
>>
>>88778869
That looks neat.
>>
>>88771727
honestly this isn't that bad a comic.
it's not great by any means but if you're feeling pissed off at your boss it could be a nice little release valve
>>
Man, this is terrible.

I can't help but feel like hes doing nothing but undermining the message with all his melodrama and lunacy.

It takes two to make a slave. One to serve, and one to give the orders.
>>
We're at cross purposes here.

I'm talking about a sex cult in Bali
You're talking about a cartoon supervillian on a megayaught.
>>
>>88773967
How can I project the fantasy of seeing the super rich getting murdered when they are presented as cartoonish as this?

Golden Age Superman did this shit right. They were evil by their monetary and social actions not because they fucking kicked a servant and left it to die for no reason.
>>
Wealthy people aren't automatically BAD people.

They have shitty opinions and a fucked up understanding of how the world works, but they aren't cartoonishly evil.

It takes a series of incredibly bad decisions and some seriously fucked up circumstances to make these kinds of people.
>>
>>88774278
SHIT
GETS REAL

All the pretentious shit evaporated and now we are in a Punisher comic, nice.
>>
>>88775593
Claiming a fallacy is a fallacy.
>>
>>88774222
>you hire illegals not because they're cheap
>but because there is no record
>but also because they're cheap
fuck me
>>
>>88784595
>fuck me
Renato's gotcha covered, senpai!
>>
>>88777998
man this is a really neat page
>>
>>88774520
He's right though.
>>
>>88773967
>ready to lock yourself in a room for five years
>kick the pussy out first
>>
>Im like really into Jhonen Vasquez and Batman the comic
>>
This is pretty, but awful. It's pretty awful
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.