[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Regular Show series finale fall victim to the shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: corp.png (526KB, 1071x641px) Image search: [Google]
corp.png
526KB, 1071x641px
Will the Regular Show series finale fall victim to the shitty path that all modern cartoon finales have been taking? Does J.G. know how to end a show?
>>
I hope it ends with everything being the same as it ever was.
>>
>>88766873
By the end it'll be close to 300 episodes, and if in the finale they don't allude to 2 in the AM PM I'll be disappointed.

I have a short list of things I want out of it, Party Tonight to play, Eggscellent mention, one of Mordecai and Rigby's raps, and lots and lots of callbacks.

The ideal ending to the show is them going back to Earth and settling back in, and at the very end Mordecai and Rigby quit their jobs and go their separate ways to start their own lives instead of dwelling on each other.

The way this season is going it looks like they'll just finish the Anti-Pops mission and stay space rangers forever, which would be disappointing since that doesn't feel the same as living life on Earth and getting better jobs.
>>
>>88766803
No matter how shit the show got (around season 4), the first three seasons will always have a place in my heart

With that said, I'm sure JG is banking a lot on the Pops vs Anti Pops BS, and it's really fucking retarded
>>
>>88767555
>With that said, I'm sure JG is banking a lot on the Pops vs Anti Pops BS, and it's really fucking retarded
Nice trips, and yea. I always hoped the series finale would be based on Mordecai and Rigby, something big for them, and while them focusing on Pops being from Lolliland is pretty cool, the execution and making him a god is embarrassing.

I know Mordecai and Rigby are still the focus as helpers, but I saw the finale during the first 5 seasons being about them, not someone else and they were just secondary mains to the big story.
>>
I remember people saying he had a plan for how the wanted the show to end since the beginning. If that's true then hopefully we'll get to see it.
>>
>>88767638
That's what's coming next month, in like 3 weeks.
>>
>>88767784
THE SHOW ENDS IN 3 WEEKS??
>>
He'd have made a movie if CN weren't such cunts about anything not TTG.
>>
>>88768195
On the 16th at 6 pm
>>
>>88768322
Did you not see the film that came out in 2015 or what?
>>
>>88766803
What shitty path do they take?
>>
I haven't seen this show in a while. Is Pops still the best character?
>>
>>88770377
He was revealed to be the essence of pure good and the only one who can save the universe from his evil brother who is black and is the essence of pure evil and they're about to have a big fight that if it's a stalemate like it has been every single time (over 1000) they fight the universe will reset.
>>
>>88766803
what modern cartoons have had finales as opposed to just kind of ending?
I can think of gravity falls and wander over yonder, but that's not really enough to establish a trend and even then I liked the woy ending, more or less.
>>
>>88770459
Well, Wander over Yonder was cancelled, actually, which is why the ending was so unfulfilling.
>>
>>88770459
Maybe they're including Mystery Inc.

I can't speak for Korra since I only saw S1, but didn't /co/ for the most part hate the ending or was that just because of the lesbian shit? I heard people thought the writing and plot got worse each season and that it was renewed beyond the planned length?
>>
The show pretty much ended when they started to have relationships.
>>
>>88771065
Thats when it got good.
>>
>>88766803
Is the show worth watching through? I think the last episode I saw was the one where Mordecai went to return Margaret's sweater in a final act of cuckdom.
>>
>>88771128
It's good until late S6 but gets great at S7, almost like the early seasons.

No one is really sure about S8. The finale will make or break it, which means its riding on a lot.
>>
>>88771234
Worst S6 episode?
>>
>>88772787
A lot of people say the finale, but up until his speech it was fine, and I liked it.

I hate the game show episode though, married and broke.
>>
>>88771080
dumbass
>>
Nah.

Its this stupid dome/space shit that completely derailed the show and it hasn't recovered since IMO. Pops also got ruined by becoming a Chosen One instead of just the funny old boss of your boss that he was meant to parallel.

Its dumb and I did wish they could have ended in a more low key and personal level. Like as eh as the S7 finale was for me in the end, the lead up was wonderful up until they bus's them to space.

Chosen One stories are boring most of the time, and it was better when the show parodied them than embraced them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.