[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Castlevania animated series is very likely to be in develo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Alucard.png (643KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard.png
643KB, 600x800px
A Castlevania animated series is very likely to be in development now.
>http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-studio-behind-adventure-time-could-finally-be-makin-1790604357
Will it be good? What are your thoughts?
>>
File: 3be.png (707KB, 889x741px) Image search: [Google]
3be.png
707KB, 889x741px
What would they even do with it specifically? I'm not sure what you could do with this IP.
>>
What game would they base it on?
>>
>>88763767
Probably castlevania 3 from what I've heard of the project
>>
>>88763741
Didn't they said it would be adult themed and gory?
>>
>>88763679

>What are your thoughts?

Makes me sad that Warren Ellis's script for a Castlevania 3 animated series will probably never see the light of day. That was such an insane idea and he actually seemed oddly committed to it at the time.
>>
>>88763679
>Castlevania
Theres so many games to choose from, which one could they possibly pick?
>>
>>88764044
Did they even say it was canned? Although, if it's airing on nick then there's zero chance it is.
>>
File: look at this shit.png (70KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
look at this shit.png
70KB, 640x358px
Hopefully it won't be anything like the new megaman one
>>
They should use that old Warren Ellis script for the show.
>>
>>88764093
Is this the Mighty No. 9 of cartoons?
>>
>>88764130
Probably.
>>
I know it wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't mind if every season was a different game/time, and the series ended with an adaptation of the War of 1999.
>>
Again? These are always shit.
>>
>>88763679
Better be symhony of the night
>>
>>88763679
>Will it be good?
I love Adventure Time through every season, but this is not good news for CastleVania.

>What are your thoughts?
{How is it that I'm only just now realizing that the company that owns CastleVania is the same one that mostly retired from making video games and ended the Metal Gear franchise? I'd heard the news plenty, but I don't recall people talking about CastleVania with it. This is fucking tragic.}

It also means there will be no games associated with it to cross-promote, so that's a huge loss of potential.
>>
What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6wgCxt1l0o
>>
>>88763679
>A Castlevania animated series is very likely to be in development now.
Just save your time and watch Hellsing Ultimate. That Dracula is basically the Castlevania version.
>>
Please be Legends, please be Legends, please be Legends, please be Legends...
>>
>>88763679
Well met my son!
>>
>>88763679
WHAT IS AN ADVENTURE TIME?
>>
>>88763679
>Castlevania animated series

Oh hell y-

>the studio behind adventure time

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE
>>
>>88764044
I thought it was going to be a movie

Wasn't James Wan attached?
>>
>>88763679
>Frederator have owned the rights to an adaptation of Konami’s long running supernatural fantasy franchise [..] for over a decade. But so far, any attempts to capitalize on them has repeatedly stuttered.

That's a bloody long time.
>>
As long as it helps lead to a new Castlevania console game that isn't about slot machine EROTIC VIOLENCE

Come the fuck on Konami
>>
A Castlevania cartoon would have been a great idea a decade ago when the franchise was still relevant. And Adventure Time? Are we going to have noodle arms and the staring Belmont crushing on a girl he'll never attain?

If they use Lords of Shadow continuity I'll kill myself.
>>
>>88763679
I'm feeling cautiously optimistic but it could go south fast depending on what they do. It's unclear when this would even be released though.
>>
>>88765997
>>88765997
Yeah frederator/AT stagg is a weird choice fucking choice to be doing CV. I'd really prefer more art like the cover of fantasy novel

Or atleast something Yoshitaka Amanoish

>ended Metal Gear

Except they didn't. They are releasing Survive. A game that apparently is connected to MGSV and involves soldiers in an alternate reality fighting zombies that literally no one asked for.
>>
File: Castlevania_SOTN_Alucard-Pose.png (4KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_Alucard-Pose.png
4KB, 500x276px
Ahh geez, I really don't know what to say about this other then I hope for the best.
>>
>>88767637
He's literally a villain sue.
>>
>>88763679
I doubt it'll go anywhere.

Well around a decade now someone reported Ellis wrote a screenplay around Castlevania 3. Nothing ever surfaced.

To say nothing of the whole live action film that is perpetually stuck in development hell.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.