[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to get started with X-Men at the beginning of Claremont's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Classic Xmen 1.png (1MB, 816x944px)
Classic Xmen 1.png
1MB, 816x944px
I wanted to get started with X-Men at the beginning of Claremont's run cause i heard its the best thing ever. I've got two series' saved called "Classic X-Men" and "Uncanny X-Men" starting at #94

What im confused about is that they both start with the same story with the first X-Men needing to be rescued on Krakoa but the contents of the story are different. Classic starts with pic related while Uncanny 94 starts right on Nightcrawlers introduction

Which one am i supposed to read?
>>
>>88761934
classic is just reprints for faggots in the 90s without the internet
>>
The first story in classic x-men is a reprint of Giant Size X-Men 1, which wasn't actually by Claremont but introduces the team his run starts with.

Classic X-Men also includes back-up stories that fill in some of the blanks between issues, so you're best of reading classic x-men rather than the originals.
>>
File: Classic Xmen 2.png (1MB, 813x940px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Xmen 2.png
1MB, 813x940px
>>88762063
So scenes like this weren't in the original?
>>
>>88762122
WHY IS JEAN SUCH A WHORE
>>
>>88762122
yeah, that's a later addition. In the original stories Jean barely had any personal interaction with Logan, so this new story was added to help smooth out the problems when he finally had the two hook up (which he didn't get around to writing before he quit the series)
>>
So let me get this straight
Giant Sized THEN Uncanny #94?
>>
>>88762284
yes, giant size x-men 1 is a one-off introducing the new team, uncanny 94 continues on from that issue.
>>
>>88762301
Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what happens before 94? Is it important or at least worth reading?
>>
>>88762347
Even though youre not me, the OP, I'd like to know that too. Also want to ask till what issue of Uncanny does Classic adapt?
>>
>>88762347
The original run of the X-Men is issues 1-66. It's not especially memorable nor particularly good, and it wasn't very popular. The series was essentially cancelled after issue 66 and issues 67-93 were just reprints of old stories.
>>
>>88762437
It reprints uncanny x-men up to issue 138 with included extras, and then after that it continues to reprint the series up to uncanny x-men 206 as they were originally published, with no new backup stories.
>>
Thanks, I got what I needed.

Proceed to have an X-Men Then vs X-Men Now thread.
>>
File: X-Men_Classic_Vol_1_65.jpg (99KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Classic_Vol_1_65.jpg
99KB, 400x600px
X-Men Classic back ups are great because you get experienced Claremont from later in his X-Run getting to do these stories from the fun era.
>>
>>88763750
>mignola
>nazis

woah
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.