[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“Greg calls it our 'Batman heavy metal rock opera,�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 9

File: justl_cv3_var.jpg (264KB, 562x385px)
justl_cv3_var.jpg
264KB, 562x385px
“Greg calls it our 'Batman heavy metal rock opera,'” Snyder told CBR. “It’s going to be a big, epic Batman story with flaming armor, an over-the-top capstone to a lot of the stuff that we’ve done with him. It’s all mapped out. I’ve just been out to Burbank with Geoff Johns going over it, and going over what he’s doing. It was great. It was one of the best story meetings that I’ve ever had. We sat there for a couple of days and really tightened up some of the screws. Geoff was incredibly generous and helpful with it.”

ww.newsarama.com/32547-snyder-capullo-s-2017-dc-event-to-be-celebratory-huge-crazy.html?utm_source=notification

SNYDER IS CANCER.
>>
>>88748903
Batman isn't supposed to be "big and flaming"... Batman is supposed to be dark and gritty.
>>
>>88748903
God please no. Why won't he go away. Ive never seen someone shit all over characters they supposedly like as much as he does.

For Christ sake in the latest issue of All Star it was revealed when Batman started out Alfred hired a hitman to murder the Joker.

It's shit.
>>
>>88748903
>Greg calls it our 'Batman heavy metal rock opera,'

What did Greg meant by this?.
>>
>I want it built out of the stories happening now and creating new material and giving everybody a place to tell stories that fit what they’re doing on their books, and feels really modern and different and above all fun. I don’t want it to be grim. I don’t want it to be superheroes arguing over something. Superheroes won’t be fighting superheroes. I want it to be celebratory, and huge, and crazy. I am going for out of control dinosaurs and lasers. It should be fun.

Neat
>>
>>88748949
Batman is gay.
>>
>“Greg calls it our 'Batman heavy metal rock opera,'”

This sounds fucking awesome. If they can deliver of course.
>>
File: 1482970674722.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1482970674722.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88748996
Makes perfect sense
>>
>>88748903
Is it really an event? From what I'm reading there's nothing here that suggests it isn't just him and Greg doin an All Star Batman story arc.
>>
>>88749065
Capullo said it was an event, not an ASB thing

It was confirmed a while ago that Snyder was doing a summer event in 2017
>>
>>88748974
>I am going for out of control dinosaurs and lasers.

I feel like this is going to be completely mindless with just a bunch of cool splash pages.
>>
>>88748903
Literally Bendis.
>>
>HOW DARE THEY MAKE A BATMAN STORY THAT ISNT PARROTING MILLER OR LOEB?!

Chill the fuck out. Sometimes a gritty bro-noir story works for Batman, sometimes a campy over the top superhero story works for Batman.
>>
>>88749110
No he's DCs Slott. Actual fans hate him and want him to stay away from the character but casuals can't get enough of him and he sells well so he won't go away.
>>
i really don't know why /co/ turned on snyder so hard. yeah his batman was hit or miss but so? capullo always made that a beautiful book.

>I want it built out of the stories happening now and creating new material and giving everybody a place to tell stories that fit what they’re doing on their books, and feels really modern and different and above all fun. I don’t want it to be grim. I don’t want it to be superheroes arguing over something. Superheroes won’t be fighting superheroes. I want it to be celebratory, and huge, and crazy. I am going for out of control dinosaurs and lasers. It should be fun.

this sounds rad, i'm hype
>>
>>88748911
bitch please
>>
>>88748903
>Heavy metal rock opera

I didn't know Snyder was 14
>>
>>88749185
Because he literally doesn't respect the characters or history at all. He is constantly adding in twist and secret history and shitting all over everyone of The Batfamily including Bruce.

For christ sake he made Alfred a murderer and Bruce a quippy autistic child with anger issues.
>>
>>88749185
>yeah his batman was hit or miss but so? capullo always made that a beautiful book.

"He worked with a good artist" isn't really a defense of a writer.
>>
I would be more surprised if Duke cancer. wasn't involved in one-way-or-another personally
>>
>>88749238
>quippy autistic child with anger issues.
I'm sorry how is this different from his other iterations?
>>
there is no doubt in my mind that snyder's ego has gotten so out of control that he is incapable of just writing an entertaining story anymore. his pathetic attempts to top himself have given us robo-bat, the complete screw-up of the jim gordon's character, literally tearing alfred limb from limb, overly brutal torture of batman, and most recently destroying the bruce-harvey dent relationship.
>>
>>88749185
Looks like trying to distance the characters from BvS cancer.
>>
>>88748947

I thought it was weird how obvious he made it seem that Gordon knows Bruce is Batman.
>>
>>88749267
Has he just not addressed Tomasi's story that ended with Harvey shooting himself in the head?
>>
>>88748903
"This shaping up to be the Duke show" etc.
>>
>>88749255
The very fact that you ask that shows how much Snyder has poisoned the image of Batman for casuals that started reading with New 52.
>>
>>88748903

At this point it's obvious he works at DC purely for the chance to write Batman stories. After 6 years he hasn't bothered to touch another character (save for his brief Swamp Thing run) and it doesn't look like he's going to.

I wonder how Tom feels about the fact that he's not the main Batman writer despite writing the main title. Does it bother him knowing that at any time some other guy can just walk in and tell whatever story he wants with whatever artist he likes?
>>
File: 1480712550782.png (77KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1480712550782.png
77KB, 228x223px
>>88749124
>Actual fans
>>
>>88749401

Actually it's been like 8 years if you count pre-52. It bothers me he has more control over Batman than Grant Morrison ever did. He doesn't even need to acknowledge other writers stories (see dead Two face)
>>
>>88749418
Oh. Are you one of those idiots that thinks if you don't take the time to read runs that came before the current ongoing you can be considered a fan?

You aren't. That is called being a fag.
>>
>>88749267
"Why would Alfred be freaking out about the police finding a room with some couches, books, and a potted plant? It felt really out of character for him to behave that way."
>>
>>88749439
It's not that he has more control than Morrison, Morrison could do what he wanted, but Snyder like most new writers nowadays unfortunately has no respect for anyone else or the history. They just tell the stories they want to tell and other writers or long time readers be damned.
>>
>>88749401
They're all friends down in the Bat-office, according to Snyder.
>>
>>88749439
>see dead Two Face
He literally could've used one panel in ASB to explain how Harvey shooting himself in the head made him crazier or some shit
>>
>>88748903
Johns ruins everything
>>
>>88749469

He has the ego of Bending but somehow doesn't try to extend his "brilliance" to anyone other than Batman. If he's so obsessed with writing little bullshit history and science fun facts, why not write the Flash?

Oh that's right. He can't. Joker would end up being the villain of the second arc.
>>
How Much Does Scott Snyder Hate Alfred Pennyworth Anyway?
>>
>>88749516

**Bendis fucking autocorrect
>>
>>88749446
>you're not TRVE FAN unless you read EVERYTHING with character!
Yeah, no.
>>
>>88749503
You're fucking delusional if you think this is all on Johns. Nobody is going to tell Snyder no, not after the huge success his run was. If it wasn't Johns it would be Dido or Lee.
>>
>>88749033
"They really aren't so different from you and I."

Ah. I see. DC writers show their hipness by using poor grammar.
>>
>>88748903
>'” Snyder
Boring, over-narrated, and every issue feels the same. Can't stand his writing at all.
>>
>>88749185
I'm hyped too because I'm liking what I'm reading about the event.
>>
>>88749564
This is Matt Bomer's first foray into comics, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>88748903
When I see the word "flaming" in conjunction with Batman, I can't help thinking Joel Schumacher.

Is this Snyder's way of saying that the Batfleck suit will have nipples, a giant codpiece, and an anatomically correct butt?
>>
>>88749564
Actually pic related wrote that story, so not a DC or comic writer at all, most like an actor

>>88749590
Yeap, you're correct
>>
>>88749568
Agreed, I'll be glad when this crap is over with,Snyder ripped off the Black Glove with the owl story. Now he wants to rip off Morrison's creepy serial killer Joker.
>>
>>88749560
>>88749560
He is the one telling him Duke was a good idea, Johns being involved and "helping" is pure poison, it would not surprise me that Johns shitty suggestions are intentionally bad. He has no right getting involved in anything batman related
>>
>>88749633
. By this point Snyder has written more mediocre Batman than good.
>>
>>88749602

Other Snyder dumbass
>>
File: 1462900086437.png (198KB, 505x430px) Image search: [Google]
1462900086437.png
198KB, 505x430px
>>88749033
>They are a heroes
>>
>>88749631
>Now he wants to rip off Morrison's creepy serial killer Joker

He already did that twice. Although I would not at all be surprised if whatever this event was did involve the Joker. Maybe even all 3, lord knows Snyder would love the opportunity to re-invent his favorite villain three times.
>>
>>88749659
"Snyder is a terrible writer with no depth ."
>>
>>88749554
Kek. Why do you even read comics if you aren't going to go back and read previous runs?

You have a skewed biased picture of who these characters are if you only read their current ongoings.
>>
>>88749092
i.e. a Geoff Johns story
>>
>>88749633
>Batfags still asshurt over Johns
When are you people going to get over it? Jesus Christ you people act like he raped you or some shit. He writes Bats as an asshole, so what? He's neither the first nor the worst person to do so.
>>
/co/ is really fucking funny, one moment they say continuity is for autists and doesn't matter, the other they shit on Snyder for not caring about continuity
>>
I'm hype. This seems like it's going to be fun. /co/'s hate for Snyder is somewhat irrational.
>>
File: 1456887530660.gif (2MB, 374x254px) Image search: [Google]
1456887530660.gif
2MB, 374x254px
I've read the runs of Mike Barr, Peter Milligan, Grant Morrison, Alan Grant, Chuck Nixon, Doug Moench, Ed Brubaker, Scott Snyder and Tom King.

Snyder's run is still my second favorite after Alan Grant's run.
>>
>>88749516
>bullshit history
>science fun facts
>Joker ending up as the villain

Add in starting stories as "As a child, my father once said..." and killing horses. We now have super Snyder.
>>
>>88750223
>Not ONeil

Why have you not read the best run? Unacceptable.
>>
>>88749899
I think there's a difference between total disregard of prior continuity and being completely chained and restrained by it.

Also, /co/ isn't one person man. Different people have different opinions.
>>
>>88750358
I know, but it's still funny that you see most people shitting on continuity around here while most people also shit on Snyder.

They keep saying that the only continuiy that matters is the internal continuity of a run, and Snyder does exactly that.
>>
>>88749602
Go back to /tv/, you fucking moron.
>>
"It will shake Batman to the core"

– Zack Snyder
>>
File: tumblr_m3a3jrHlt71qzozj1.jpg (64KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3a3jrHlt71qzozj1.jpg
64KB, 500x395px
>>88748949
>>
>>88750498
Continuity and characterization are two very different things. You can do whatever you want, but don't retcon Alfred into being a murderer, Bruce into being an idiot that would just ignore Batman breaking into the Batcave or write Bruce exactly like Dick but with anger issues and make him hate his entire family.
>>
>>88750673
Ignore Joker breaking into the Batcave*
>>
Confirmed: Batman Is A Homosexual -'” Snyder
>>
>>88748903
Work on metal men already goddamn it!!!
>>
>>88750702
Morrison said it first.

Also they are going all out against the "Batman is dark and gritty" stereotype. The description with dinosaurs and giant robots makes me think of Tbatb
>>
>>88749004
>If they can deliver of course.
Capullo will.
Snyder won't.

Their Batman run after CoO was Snyder trying to make everything as BIG and EPIC as possible and it ended up as a wet fart each time. Even CoO's BIG and EPIC ending was a wet fart too.
Capullo got bigger and more epic though, which is why it's tragic the two apparently won't work with other people at DC or something.
>>
>>88750764
>they are going all out against the "Batman is dark and gritty" stereotype
I don't know if it will be any good, but I'm all for this.
I like Batman better working with people, at least Robin.
>>
I can honestly say i enjoyed little to nothing of Snyder's Batman run.

So i'm predictably way uninterested about this.
>>
>>88749238
This. Exactly this.
>>
>>88749185
>capullo always made that a beautiful book.
I always hated Capullo on Batman. His style doesn't fit the character well. And it's weird because he was great in Spawn.
>>
>>88748903
Shit, i like Snyder but only when he's not trying to do THE BIG BLOCKBUSTER THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING.
The Black Mirror was fucking great, but then he tried to raise the bets with every thing he's done since but doesn't pay off in the end.
I liked Gordonbats and some of Zero Year tho.
>>
>>88748903
>heavy metal rock opera
Why not just make a musical
>>
>>88749273
The stupid fucker wrote a Batman takes out the Justice League before BvS even came out. He's only distancing himself now because he realizes how shit his interpretation of EVERYTHING IS. He didn't understand how stupid the heroes fighting heroes shit was until after it got panned universally.
>>
>>88749238
>For christ sake he made Alfred a murderer and Bruce a quippy autistic child with anger issues.
Alfred has never taken a no-killing vow, is traditionally shown using a gun for self-defense, including straight-up shooting-to-kill people who threaten him or Bruce or the cave, is a British military veteran AND former MI6 agent. You're the pleb if you think Alfred ISN'T willing to kill.

As for Batman, "autistic child with anger issues" is a fairly accurate description of most modern incarnations of Batman.

Which leaves your one complaint as being that his writing is too "quippy", which is /co/'s new favorite buzzword to bitch about, like how "grimdark" or "hipster" were once upon a time.
>>
>>88754968
Kek bro no matter how hard you try it justify it having Alfred secretly hire a hitman to murder the Joker is one of the most retarded things to ever be written into the Bat mythos aside from Kevin Smith having Batman piss himself in year one.
>>
>>88749401
He wrote Superman Unchained, even though admitedly wasn't very good. It would have been better if he had a better artist.
>>
The only DC character Snyder likes is Batman. He would rather be at Marvel, like most people.
>>
>>88756449
>said no one ever

You go to Marlel if you want to have no impact on the industry with no creative control, no change to write a graphic novel, or work on a creator owned adult book like Vertigo's titles.

Priest left because they told him he could only write black characters.
>>
>>88748903
> Capullo is back
That's all I need
>>
>>88756587
>left because they told him he could only write black characters.

I thought it was because a joke from a Deadpool script was taken out because it "may offend black people." This was told to him by a white editor and he realized they only care about white people getting offended on behalf of other people
>>
>>88756449

Snyder worked for Marvel already, and no one read the book he wrote there.
>>
>>88756618
That and when he asked to be put on a different book that allegedly would only offer him books with black leads and told him that is where his talents were best suited.
>>
>>88756630
Because it was Silver Surfer or some shit. Put him on Spider-Man or Wolverine and you'll see how he sells
>>
>>88756692
Wolverine is dead and has been for years and no one writes Spiderman except Slott. Take your bait back to /tv/.
>>
>>88750223
Zero fucking taste.
>>
File: 1483052702535.jpg (53KB, 394x254px) Image search: [Google]
1483052702535.jpg
53KB, 394x254px
>it's a Snyder hatemongering episode

Wow another worthless thread devolved into shitposting

Should've just made another thicc thread OP
>>
>>88756786
And they will continue until he finally leaves Batfans alone.
>>
>>88756786
A thicc thread has more creativity and passion on display than any given issue of Snyder's.
>>
>>88756717
I was talking about a few years ago. Don't be fucking stupid anon.
>>
>WAAAAH SNYDER MADE A COMIC ABOUT BATMAN INSTEAD OF HAVING THE BATFAMILY IN LITERALLY EVERY ISSUE!!!

>>88756815
Batfans like Snyder, the ones that don't like him don't buy the comic thus are not fans and are on /co/ a place that only cares about meme characters like Dick, Damian and other Morrison trash
>>
>>88756859
Yeah only true Batfans hate Robin. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>88756859
Yeah, my hundreds of dollars worth of Batman comics sure show that I'm not a Batfan that doesn't buy comics. Fuck off you stupid casual.
>>
>>88756903
My post has nothing to do with hating Robin

>>88756931
>I can accept totally different interpretations of the character but Snyder's Millersque Batman is a no go!!

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, "fan".
>>
>>88757070
Dick and Damien are Robins dumbfuck.
>>
>>88757098
Still has nothing to do about Robin since that wasn't my point.
>>
>>88757170
I could quote you but why fucking bother.
>>
>>88757070
>He thinks Millerbats is good

Oh I am laffin. Year One and TDK's first book are the only good things Miller ever wrote. All Star is hot garbage you enjoy ironically by laughing at it and both the sequels to TDK fucking blow.
>>
>>88757201
Probably because there's nothing to quote, did I say that the Robin concept is stupid? No, neither I said anything about sidekicks. I just pointed out that most people that complain about this run only did because Damian, or some other character they obsess over, wasn't in every issue.

>>88757242
Yeah, one of the most defining Batman writers is bad. Everyone is bad, right? Miller is bad, Snyder is bad, O'Neil is bad etc.
Only Morrison is good since he made the "definitive version" of the character, right? /co/ is hilarious
>>
>>88757276

>Batfans like Snyder, the ones that don't like him don't buy the comic thus are not fans and are on /co/ a place that only cares about meme characters like Dick, Damian and other Morrison trash

Kindly go fuck yourself with a spiked bat
>>
>>88757276
Miller is good on Year One and TDK that is it. Jesus casual, look just cause a writer writes something that is good doesn't mean they are forever considered a good writer of that character.

Take Snyder, Black Mirror is great, CoO was good, everything else by him has been trash. Its not you write 1 good arc and then you are forever a good writer of that character.
>>
>>88757276
>Miller is one of the most defining Batman writers

Holy shit 2 good elseworlds and he's "one of the most defining". Are casuals seriously this retarded?
>>
>>88757360
Dick and Damian don't have a monopoly on Robin so you literally have no argument.

>>88757368
>>88757445
Nice bait, if you can't see how TDKR changed Batman's interpretation and how we still have a Batman influenced by that you are the casual
>>
>>88757526
TDKR did change how normie scum views Batman and its great.

Calling him "one of the most defining" Batman writers is downright hilarious. Hes not even in the top 3.

What even is your argument? "Snyder is shit but its HIS shit so you should be able to accept it!"

Go to bed kid.
>>
>>88756358
>Superman Unchained, even though admitedly wasn't very good

Superman Unchained was UNORIGINAL. Technically, there was nothing wrong with the script, other than it rethread some tired New Krypton thread lines that were already Cereal King rehashes.

Lee was more than adequate, it just would have been nice for a different writer given that Lee did so much of the New 52 origin stuff, just to give it a different look from that.
>>
>>88757571
>it changed the character forever and everyone still takes his notes from him
>it's not defining because he only wrote a couple stories!

Lol

Also no, Snyder's run is good I just called you, or whoever it was, on being a "real fan".
>>
>>88757526

Two out of the four big ones not to mention the first and arguably most important Robin don't represent the mantle at all. Got it.
>>
>>88757634
You do realize that most huge writer, Morrison, ONeil, Dixon, HATE what Miller did to the character for the general public correct?
>>
>>88750223
>Been this much of a pleb.
>>
>>88757691
Morrison hates everyone that is more regarded than him, this is nothing new.

I doubt Dixon hates it since his Batman was even worse and more of a psycho.
>>
>>88757750
Yeah Morrison is such a spotlight hog that he went out of his way to highlight every important era of Batman's history to a modern audience.
>>
>>88757810
Yeah, he sure showed love and respect for O'Neil's work

/sarcasm

>but he put references and throwbacks because he can't write an original story to save his life! This means something
>>
>>88749092
>I feel like this is going to be completely mindless with just a bunch of cool splash pages.
And your problem?
>>
>>88749124
>Actual fans
>>
>>88757848
Talia al Ghul.

Just stop.
>>
>>88749469
>has no respect for anyone else or the history.
I'm sorry but discounting history part, how's he different from Morrison who you'd fellate all day I'm sure.
>>
>>88757940
>literally proving my point
>>
>>88757967
>Created by Dennis O'Neal

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.