[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the year is over, what does /co/ think of the Steven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 960 (3).jpg (69KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960 (3).jpg
69KB, 960x540px
Now that the year is over, what does /co/ think of the Steven Universe episodes that came out in 2016?
>>
>>88713565
I liked the vast majority of them.
More than that I liked shitposting about them with /sug/ back when /sug/ actually liked the show still.
>>
>>88713565
They're all shit. Just like the show.
>>
I was a pretty big fan of them. I feel like 2016 was a year mostly dedicated to character development for the show. We saw a lot more about pretty much every Crystal Gem, fully developed Peridot's character, etc. I like fleshed out characters a lot, so it really appealed to me.

That said, looking at the list of 2016 episodes (starting with The Answer), I feel like the plot has basically gone back to where it was at the start. All major threats (Jasper, the Cluster) have been dealt with, and now they're just kinda milling around not doing much. I hope this next bomb has some plot progression, looks promising so far.
>>
>>88713565
The show has gone downhill and has become unfocused as hell. From writing off bad guys and huge plot points to who knows when to episodes fucking contradicting each other, some only episodes apart, the episodes this year just feel lacking and really made me realize I did not like the show or the direction it's taking. Which is too bad, seasons one and two showed potential but as soon as Watermelon Island and Gem Drill ended I knew what was going to happen. Almost as much wasted potential as Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.
>>
>>88713836
Honestly, Kids Next Door has more lore and a better continuity than Gravity Falls. Maybe it's just me though,
>>
File: afssds.png (2MB, 1560x922px) Image search: [Google]
afssds.png
2MB, 1560x922px
all I know is that no episodes better than Frybo, Catfingers, Tiger Millionare, and Giant Woman have aired.
>>
>>88713877
I meant to say that I think that Kids Next Door has a better lore than Gravity Falls.
>>
>>88713565

What? All three of them?

[spoilers]All kidding aside, the lack of consistent release has legitimately killed my interest in the show. I hate lorefags as much as the next person but I'm sick of waiting for months on end just for some SoL episodes where nearly nothing happens. Bring on Yellow Diamond dammit![/spoiler]
>>
Carl wasn't angry enough.
>oh hello theh missus alien rock monstah
>>
I liked
>Message Received
>Steven Floats
>Mr. Greg
>The New Lars
>Monster Reunion
>Steven Vs. Amethyst
>Earthlings

The big ones like Gem Drill/Watermelon Island and Back to the Moon/Bubbled didn't get me hyped at all.

>>88713987
There was about 38 episodes this year.
>>
File: Hold the fuck up2.png (110KB, 433x309px) Image search: [Google]
Hold the fuck up2.png
110KB, 433x309px
>>88714136
>>
The January ones were alright, most of season 3 sucked, and season 4 was a fucking disaster. The show seriously needs to get things moving.
>>
>>88713565
It was ok. Season 3 was basically vacation with the gems with absolutely nothing after gem drill bringing stakes but i enjoyed it for what it was. Episodes like bismuth and the jasper ones were cool.S3 was just ok.
S4 so far is meh.But then again,only 10 episodes and 10 episodes in season 1, 2 and 3 i was also bored.Hoping this bomb is better.
it was gud
>>88714875
season 4 is still going
>>
File: Steven rose roses adornment.png (1MB, 1280x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Steven rose roses adornment.png
1MB, 1280x1430px
>>88714875
It looks like the show is actually about to get moving, based off of the episode synopses. Only 9 out of 25 episodes down this season so there's still plenty of time to develop things.
>>
>>88713565
all 4 of them were great.
>>
File: ee3u343.png (119KB, 325x251px) Image search: [Google]
ee3u343.png
119KB, 325x251px
>>88713687
>redundancy for the sake of regurgitating a popular opinion
Go make a video on what's wrong with the Sonic series or something
>>
>>88715478
Gee, I wonder why it's a popular opinion that this show is shit? Go have a good cry over my opinion.
>>
>>88715417
now I'm about to kill my son
>>
>>88715505
well the problem dude is your opinion doesnt matter
>>
>>88715590
Neither does yours, my little buckaroo.
>>
File: 1407702513073.gif (154KB, 250x156px) Image search: [Google]
1407702513073.gif
154KB, 250x156px
The songs were fucking fantastic this year.

I can't decide which is my favorite between "It's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay" and "IT'S FUCKING OVER"
>>
>>88713565
Why did they all have to come out in like one month?

The Steven Nuke was awful I wish they had just aired things regularly instead
>>
The episodes from the Steven's Birthday arch and In Too Deep arch were my favorites.

Steven Floats all the way to Onion Gang were decent, not the greatest but not bad.

Gem Harvest was not that good in my opinion.

Three Gems and a Baby was once again decent.

Let's hope this new steven bomb is just as good as the Steven's Birthday steven bomb
>>
>>88713565

Mr. Greg. That is all.
>>
>>88713565
Beach City Drift was the only one I didn't like.

It's Over is probably my favorite song to come out of the entire show.

Uncle Carl was a genuine treat and I loved every bit of the Bismuth episode and the fighting it caused.

Seeing Steven and Amethyst bond up to fusing into their ugly little ball of self-loathing was fun and I'm interested to see if Pearl and Garnet will get the same kind of time/fusion with Steven as well in the future.

Fucked up schedule aside, it was a decent year for SU.
>>
While some episodes by themselves are fine, it's disappointing that they've hit the brakes on the series big time. In the span of one week they dealt with Malachite, resolved the cluster, and got Lapis settled in with face-turn Peridot. I feel I'm missing something else here too.

Next bomb had them best Jasper, finish off Jasper, clear out the Ruby group, and also had Steven's first fusion with a gem happen.

It just feels like they're burning through all the big plot points too quickly without letting the momentum build up,
>>
>>88714081
>look at my frickin' barn. It is smashed. To bejeesus and back
>>
The year I dropped the show. I won't hate on people who are still fans of it, but I'll always be disappointed by how drastically the show changed from what appealed to me in S1.
>>
Fun Fact: This is the year with the most SU episodes (41 if you count the shorts as an episode and Bismuth as 2)
This is also probably the first year where the last episode of the year that aired is also likely what the crew actually intended to be the last one that aired
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.