[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when this shit happened? Looking back nearly 10 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: boston-guerilla-bomb-scare.jpg (59KB, 468x424px) Image search: [Google]
boston-guerilla-bomb-scare.jpg
59KB, 468x424px
Remember when this shit happened?

Looking back nearly 10 years later, what did y'all think of the events?
>>
I think it was a real bombing that happened because of meme magic and the government covered it up for the mental health of the cucks.
>>
File: 1454877892209.jpg (271KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454877892209.jpg
271KB, 557x605px
>>88670008
I actually see this as the beginning of the end for Cartoon Network.

It cost them millions in damage control and got several executives fired. All of a sudden CN had no real budget for shows any more and made CN Real immediately after. Focused entirely on 8 minute short cartoons, AS switched over to mostly live shows, and they never do any public events like CN day any more.
>>
>>88670008
The city of Boston and everyone in it is retarded.
>>
>>88671451
This is demonstrably true.
>>
>>88671451
We knew this a century ago.
>>
>>88670008
And here's the episode about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yji5VcZicUc
>>
>>88670008
I think it's stupid he had to resign for something he was not responsible for.
>>
A marketing stunt that singlehandedly destroyed western animation on TV
>>
>>88671884
The stunt not so much, the fucking insane overreaction and demand for monetary compensation from a major city that needed to calm itself the fuck down mostly did it.
>>
>>88671451
Well, it was post-9/11, so everyone in the US was really fucking skittish.
>>
back then I thought it was dumb.

today I think it's dumb
>>
>>88671991
Did they really make Cartoon Network pay the city money?
>>
>>88670008
Even ignoring all the bomb squad drama, was this even a good marketing concept?
A few bostonians see a couple LED signs.
Most wouldn't know what they are for. The few that do probably already watch ATHF.
Maybe MAYBE they get 1 or 2 additional viewers.
>>
>"Why are you arresting those two?"
>"9/11"

Fuck the Patriot Act
>>
>>88671451
I think you mean retahded.
>>
>>88671451
Not everyone, just the people who matter.
>>
>>88670008
Perhaps if they had done it in more recent years, they could have slapped a QR code so all the phone-using dicks could have scanned it to figure out what was going on. Just throwing out a Lite-Brite with an unknown character on it isn't going to bring anyone in.
>>
>>88671451
They're all 4th generation fetal alcohol syndrome Irish drinks, what'd you expect?
>>
>>88670008
It was fucking Gary he has to make a crisis out of everything.
>>
>>88673487
Yep,

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16990202/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/turner-nd-firm-pay-million-over-scare/#.WGBbsn1-Y9o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic

>On February 5, 2007 state and local agencies came to an agreement with both Turner Broadcasting and Interference, Inc., to pay for costs incurred in the incident. As part of the settlement, which resolves any potential civil or criminal claims against the companies, Turner and Interference agreed to pay $2 million: $1 million to go to the Boston Police Department and $1 million to the Department of Homeland Security.
>On February 9, 2007, the week after the commotion occurred, Cartoon Network's general manager and executive vice president, Jim Samples, resigned "in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch", and with the "hope that my decision allows us to put this chapter behind us and get back to our mission of delivering unrivaled original animated entertainment for consumers of all ages".[44] Following Samples's resignation, Stuart Snyder was named his successor.[45] Hayden Bradfield of Yahoo! Voices believes Cartoon Network began to decline in quality after 2007, as a result of Samples's resignation.[46]
>>
>>88670008
Why everyone who discuss about it on youtube talk like the creators were the ones in the wrong? They were victims of a gigantic overreaction with no reasoning or real damages, they had no obligation to take this shit seriously
>>
>>88674093
Also, they light brights were placed in 10 different cities. None of them ever had a single complaint or 911 call about them. After the incident Turner was forced to divulge the information on where all the toys were placed in each city and then forced to pay each and every city for the recovery effort in removing them.
>>
>>88674184
Why are you reading youtube comments or listening to youtube commentators?
>>
>>88674229
i have literally never heard of anyone not being on CN's side. and I once met someone who genuinely thought marijuana was bad for you
>>
>>88672530
It was half a decade after 9/11, and don't forget that Boston wasn't the ONLY place where they did this viral marketing campaign - other cities had the Mooninite-brites set up, but they knew better than to freak the fuck out over them. Bawstun is a special kinda stupid.
>>
>>88675669
Boston is mostly just a safe-space for university kids to shop for alcohol and weed accessories. All those schools, colleges, and universities stuffed into such a small space means it suffers extremely from universititus.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.