[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a big DCfag, but admittedly I have never read much about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: wonder_woman.jpg (138KB, 592x414px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman.jpg
138KB, 592x414px
I'm a big DCfag, but admittedly I have never read much about Wonder Woman in particular, even though I know the general highlights of her history. One thing I never quite got was how do the Amazons' powers work. See, Diana is superhuman and shit but are all the Amazons as superpowerful as Diana? Are they all Superman-tier? Or are Diana's powers a gift from the gods meant only for her? It depends on the version or what?
>>
No, no, yes, or what.
Back in the day, she had SHAZAM shit, strength of Hercules, beauty of Aphrodite and whatever.
Rest of Amazons are strong but not THAT strong. See RHatO and Artemis trying to stop Bizarro from walking into walls.
>>
>>88665405
>See RHatO and Artemis trying to stop Bizarro from walking into walls.

This is what I mean. Artemis is also superstrong.
>>
File: Keeping Up with the Joneses.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Keeping Up with the Joneses.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>88665405
>beauty of Aphrodite

only in comics
>>
>>88665428
Yep. But Diana is, of course, more superstrong.
But hey, at least makes sense. Either it's magic enhancements because she's made out of clay or, you know, Zeus' kid. No idea what's her origin under Rucka.
For what it's worth, Amazons are usually at least PEAK HUMAN meme strong. Diana can, I don't know, lift mountains and shit.
>>
>>88665450
Beauty is in the eye of beholder, anon!
>>
File: 4874144-0412782322-2we1..jpg (118KB, 694x491px) Image search: [Google]
4874144-0412782322-2we1..jpg
118KB, 694x491px
>>88665363
If you think that's mind-bogging, try figuring things out with the Atlanteans. I don't know if Arthur is the only one who's supposed to be superstrong or his entire people can lift Tanks, break walls and punch Superman.
>>
>>88665486
Arthur is strongest because reasons.
Still hoping we see genderflipped Mera in Multiversity Too.
>>
>>88665458
>No idea what's her origin under Rucka

She got back to the classic version. Magic enhancements from gods.
>>
>>88665486
Wasn't Arthur a half breed? If so, we can expect it to work on Saiyan rules.
>>
>>88665526
Not surprised, desu.
>>88665546
He is.
>>
>>88665363
How is it confusing?
All Amazon have basic superhuman strength but Diana has more blessings like flight, advanced healing, beauty, talking to all animals and stuff like that.
>>
>>88665363

>It depends on the version or what?

Immensely. Golden Age Amazons trained their minds and bodies to unlock their full human potential, and were capable of feats well beyond the people of Man's World. The idea was that, with proper training and dedication to the ways of Aphrodite, even individuals from Man's World could attain similar abilities. Diana was champion of the Amazons because she was simply the best of the best, the pinnacle of what even their teachings could accomplish.

As writers came and went, Diana became even more of a special snowflake. She could do things no other mortal, even no other Amazon, could hope to accomplish, not because she was incredibly skillful or dedicated, but because the gods of Olympus uniquely blessed her with gifts of strength/speed/flight/beauty, or because she was the daughter of Ares or Zeus. The Amazons were given gifts too to distinguish them from regular mortals, like enhanced strength and immortal beauty, but Diana was still far above them and what they could accomplish no matter how well trained. Factor in the power creep that once plagued the Silver Age and returned in the 90s, and Diana could move moons out of orbit and shrug off ballistic missiles with nary a mussed hair. Marston wanted her to be a role model by example, but time and DC made her into something else.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.