[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this episode the best crossover episode that has ever happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Is this episode the best crossover episode that has ever happened in any cartoon ever? They used every generic complaint ever about crossovers and counter them in a very smart way. I can't think of any cartoon that has done the same. This episode its not only good but a classic in television.
>>
>>88624544
From a certain standpoint, yes

its just it wasnt funny, like at all, plus the two shows humour didnt really match and it was kinda weird
>>
It was better than the fucking Futurama one, what a waste.
>>
>>88624707
I didn't see that one. what went wrong?
>>
>>88624737

Everything.
>>
>>88624707
The Futurama half of it was OK.

The Simpsons half of it continued to be dull as watered down milk.
>>
>>88624737
Not him, but it was pretty boring.
>>
The Critic / Simpsons crossover was very good and remains a solid episode.
>>
>>88624544

>Is this episode the best crossover episode that has ever happened in any cartoon ever?

Of the few such episodes exist in Western animation, sure. But that does not mean the episode was good. The writing skewed way too heavily in favor of MacFarlane-style humor rather than seeking a balance between the humor of both shows.
>>
File: Pukahontas5.gif (42KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pukahontas5.gif
42KB, 320x240px
>>88624891
I'm with this guy, you guys are insane to even start thinking that that abomination is anywhere near The Critic cross over.
>>
>>88624544
>>88624544
The Futurama one wasn't as good because the two shows are too similar. Like I said on an AV Club Thread once, it felt like a ransom episode of a show where both are crossed over all the time, rather than a so glad event where the two meet.

Crossovers are all about contrast, but Futurama and Simpsons were too similar to do that.

Family Guy on the other hand is made to contrast the Simpsons.

Simpsorama was a better episode, but Simpsons Guy was a better crossover.

Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour is still the best though so who cares
>>
File: Flintstones-vs-Jetsons1.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Flintstones-vs-Jetsons1.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>88624544
>>
I thought the first Fop/jimmy neutron crossover was solid. The other ones, not so much
>>
>>88626336
grand dad and son.
because you know... past and future
>>
>>88624996
Zombie Simpsons is completely void of humor, so of course MacFarlane-style humor would overpower the crossover.
>>
>>88626336
Does anyone have the thread that says fuck those sky people?
>>
>>88624737
Unfunny as shit, boring as balls, dull as a rock.
>>
>>88625061
The critic
Family guy
The simpsons
Futurama
All exist in the same universe
>>
File: bravo_dooby_doo.png (260KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
bravo_dooby_doo.png
260KB, 683x384px
>>88624544
I liked this one better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKqbxCrZOqs
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.