[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if /co/ created their own cartoon? (if you guys were willing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: 1482243249489.jpg (48KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
1482243249489.jpg
48KB, 397x525px
what if /co/ created their own cartoon?

(if you guys were willing to band together and crowdfund something good I'd totally be down with that shit, it's something i think could be really cool and could work in theory if responsible people take charge and the process is done transparently. if enough of you ever really wants to give it a shot, I'm pretty confident we could pull it off)
>>
If you ever try to produce something you quickly find out that /co/ doesn't actually like making things, nor do they like seeing other people try to make things.

but I'd be down
>>
File: 1482380073917.jpg (167KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482380073917.jpg
167KB, 640x480px
>>88614812
i mean i can definitely see that, but i dunno, 4chan has accomplished pretty incredible things when people work together.

i run an animation studio and i actually believe a lot in this place. it can be the chum bucket sometimes, but i think with enough focused intention, we can surpass weenie hut jr tier and go full on salty spittoon

if anyone has the guts to really give something like this a shot, start organizing and I'll keep my eye out. I'd offer to spearhead it myself but then I'm just shilling -- it would have to come from you guys. worst case scenario if some real discussion started up about it, I'd at least be down to talk to some people and see where it goes.

good luck /co/.
>>
This is a really good idea.
So if /co/ were to make a show what would it be about? An action show would be too hard to produce so a comedy would be the best option.
>>
>>88614771
A /co/ created show would be a 4chan version of TTGO.
Aside from that, the show would never leave the planning phase since all the stupid fucking waifu fags would try to shove their shitty fapbait into it.
>>
>>88615599
Banter, Lovable stupidity and insults are a comedic goldmine here.
>>
>>88614771
It would be a huge shitfest since /co/ wouldn't be able to agree with anything, then when the deadline is due someone would realize the show has no plot or nothing beyond waifufaggotry and has to be aborted.
>>
Everytime /co/ bands together to try and create something it either falls apart basically immediately or ends up being exclusively a vehicle for cheesecake, and there's nothing wrong with cheesecake but it's amazing how frequently & rapidly the focal point of ANYTHING /co/ tries create becomes T&A.
>>
File: super cereal.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
super cereal.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>88614771
/co/ is filled with idea men and not artists, much less content producers. Just look at the state of the weekend /coc/, that thing died in years ago. There are two separate websites devoted to that thing and its still dead.

I myself took up artistry in 2012 - I wanted to become a drawfag, give back to the community - I got pretty decent at it but life got in the way, I stopped practicing. A lot of talented drawfags left, the scene died down, there was no more pedigree to follow.

I'm a pretty fucking decent writer if I and my friends do say so myself, but I have a feeling that anything produced by /co/ would have an overabundance of "writers."
>>
File: 1425326531245.jpg (9KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1425326531245.jpg
9KB, 284x284px
/co/ has tried before, and failed
then it tried again
and again
and failed

the reason it fails is because of "idea-men" like OP who are fine with spending a while shitposting about ideas and plotlines, but not knowing that you need people willing to do long-term professional-grade animating for MONTHS and MONTHS for no compensation, on the whims of a nebulous group of storytellers who want to change the whole story every day because now they've got an even better idea

Besides, you'll never please everybody and after a few days only one or two really attentive shitposters will still be giving involved feedback. The board will have moved on and anything you create will be the result of a half-dozen people in a now-separate community and the rest of the board will probably find it embarrassing.

So cut out the middle man and just get together with a bunch of people with animating or writing talent who also happen to browse /co/. Create the thing you want in the spirit of what you see on /co/, and then announce it AFTER you've finished it. What's that? You don't have the talent or time, but you hope other people will? I so then this is an /r/-tier thread. "Hey guys, make a cartoon for me."
fuck off.

No one wants to watch a storyboard take shape, they want the finished product. Unless you can get a group that knows each other, and can stay motivated, and give 4chan a near-finished product, your project will fall apart
>>
It would be nothing but eyecandy waifubait dogshit because that's the only thing anyone on this board actually cares about. The plot would have more holes than a chunk of swiss, and it would have nothing but meme-attempt jokes. Add in some off-color fetishes like horse fucking and child incest with some bland emo girl and you've got the /co/ show. It would also be drawn in some shitty rip off style of something that already exists and barely animated, but use a shit two frame effect to mimick jittery animation cells
>>
>>88615950
>cut out the middle man and just get together with a bunch of people with animating or writing talent who also happen to browse /co/.

I'll throw my hat in, artist free in January. If there are others lurking and interested.
>>
File: skidgirl_dances.webm (3MB, 1080x606px) Image search: [Google]
skidgirl_dances.webm
3MB, 1080x606px
>>88615950
This.
But i guess i could slap together a few scenes, in webm related quality.
>>
>>88614771
Too many factors to not work
>too many cooks scenario
>not enough artists that will do it for free even the attentionwhoring artfags will eventually ask commissions over time
>saving up money to pay a studio is risky since the guy can run with it or accidentally "loses" it
God forbid if you can even create discussions without getting ruined by derails or unnecessary drama
>>
To make a project you'd have to swap contact info, form an offsite group and promote your product here.
4chan is violently opposed to all of those things. That's just how it is.
>>
>>88616056
>>88616072
We'll I'm a talentless shit, so don't talk to me.

If you really want to do something, by all means exchange emails. I'd love to see what you come up with together.

All I'm saying is any attempt to get the plot directly from 4chan is not going to work. 4chan doesn't know what it wants until it has it. Write something by yourselves that you think 4chan would like.
>>
File: DIE_squid.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
DIE_squid.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>88616124
I think the question is: how to coordinate a 4chan anonymous team into producing something?
Threads disappear fairly quick in here, we´d had to have an anonymous registration forum with a persistent thread to start.
Like a draw thread with requests, except that the end goal is an animation.
>>
File: 1309034755823.png (3KB, 223x176px) Image search: [Google]
1309034755823.png
3KB, 223x176px
>>88616186
Discord can work but it will be instantly ruined once some faggot shows his true colors by flooding it with off topic shit.
>>
>>88616186
Dude just start an IRC channel and post invites to anyone who does good work

setting up a channel takes like 30 seconds
>>
>>88616072
>>88616186
Fuck that's horrifying

I'd be down for story/pre-vis work for any potential project. I've never done 3D animation but am willing to figure it out.
>>
File: Dance.webm (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dance.webm
111KB, 640x480px
>>88616186
We´d need a repository for the storyboard, music and voice acting - the animations need those first before being made anyway.
With that material in hand, the anons who completed the scenes and assembled the animation first would be considered the official episode for that storyboard. But Nobody would animate anything before the voice overs get completed, and no voice until there was a consensus on the storyboard.
A board like /vg/ were threads are kept long enough would be the best, is there an equivalent board for /co/ to use? We could start with something simple, like a MLP versus SU parody or something.
>>
Quickest /coc/ thread ever
>>
File: 1482447344471.gif (140KB, 320x270px) Image search: [Google]
1482447344471.gif
140KB, 320x270px
op here -- more response here than i expected, sweet. even more surprised by the amount of people who're down for it.

to answer the ever-present point about a lack of accessible art talent necessary to pull it off: a completely valid reason to be skeptical, but i don't see it working in that way. instead, what i propose is something with a little more democracy -- we all get together as a group on an IRC or discord or something, discuss good ideas, ban cunts who want to sabotage or not help, choose people for the task to be the people who run the show, take votes on critical decisions. because this is 'ours', it would need to be a crowd funded effort, not going through usual channels ie pitching to networks or investors/producers. this would need to be powered by 100% guts, soul, and most importantly, autism

if the support is there, it can be funded. if the funding is there, we can get artists. with group decision making, we can put the right people in the right places and get things cooking. if it's something that has any potential, we'll push for it and it'll come together organically. if it fails, it fails, and we learn from it.

i feel we have nothing to lose, honestly. but that's for you to decide
>>
>>88616299
>MLP vs SU
It should be the fans fighting each other at a convention. A Brony in a fedora and a fat female SU fan with rainbow hair run into each other at a convention. Then they fight after arguing about the two shows. Suddenly an army of bronies and Su fans show up.
>>
>>88614771
soooo what is it going to be?

what's a safe goal for something like OP is proposing?
>>
>>88614771

OP here - more thoughts.

- keys to success here would be starting small. with our structure, all it would take is a sizable morale drop to fuck us. we'd need to produce effective results quickly on the smallest scale possible and slowly build from there. people can doubt this all they want but if results are there, people will have to accept them. even if we fuck up and do a bad job, we can collect opinions and do a better job next time.

- the actual idea we should go with should be something that would be: 1. generally uncharted territory, and 2. something most of us can relate to. i have an idea for a 'subject' that i think fits both of these points but i'm reluctant to share it in the spirit of not coming off like i just want 4chan to make what i want. i do think that with some discussion on it, people could come to the same idea i've got (i'll at least say that it's something we all have a lot of experience with, and it's not "4chan" itself, though it's relevant)

- this would probably be best suited as something nonprofit in some capacity. i feel like approaching it any other way would go against the spirit of what we'd be doing. a good example of what i mean as far as nonprofit goes is, if we did a crowdfunding campaign, being completely transparent about the allocation of finances and only using revenue earned to pay for the project itself.
>>
File: 1482347988371.png (444KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
1482347988371.png
444KB, 400x609px
op here - just want to thank you guys for your feedback and wish you all a good night. there's more work to be done before i attempt something like this, but I'll be back.

if anyone wants to try doing this before i decide to come back, i welcome you to give it a shot.
>>
>>88614970
"4chan" has.

Tis the concept of "Meme magic": Using unified autistic spiral power to drill into reality amd make genuine change in the world.

Some boards are really good at it (/pol/, for better or for worse), some are just okay at it (/a/), and /co/ straight up sucks at it, for one reason or another.
>>
New(draw)fag here.
What failed concepts/projects has /co/ done? What were "successful"?
>tfw SuperMoms might have been one of those.
>>
>>88614771
>what if /co/ created their own cartoon?
Deepest lore fantasy/sci-fi show about super lolis and super shotas fighting bad guys, all while dressing in slutty clothes and lusting over their adult leader
>>
>>88614771
You know OP a cartoon is definately doomed. You seem to underestimate how much sheer effort it takes to animate. Any project of that caliber would need to be a crossboard effort, or it would need to be helmed by a single experienced animator who could help tie everything together.

Start smaller. Get a couple of writers and drawfags together and try working on, say, a webcomic. Keep the artstyle simple and shitty (think early Polandball, early MSPA, or early It Hurts!) so that anyone can help work on it.

If you're an idea guy, OP, then the best thing you can do is organize it. Get a chat going, start a general, coordinate shit, etc. While these projects always have plenty of idea-men, generally speaking they don't stay for long. Name-fagging might be helpful to establish who is actually on the project and who's just there to throw in their two cents.

Make a story that's simple, but definitively /co/, something that can make the board feel proud about itself. That way other faggots like you can be inspired to start their own projects.

But this would be a long, hard uphill push to get done, and you would need to be absolutely dedicated to it. At the bare minimum spending at least a little bit of time on it every day til March.
>>
>>88614771
Everyone here is a big cry baby and would rather act like they have talent and are special when they are the equivalent of human dogshit. I'm no better I get drunk and post here with my jewish friends. If you want to make free cartoons become a let's player teenagers will flock to make you blank animated plays
>>
>>88614771
>>88618225

/tg/ is the board that gets the most stuff done.

There have been comics produced from 4Chan. Nuzlocke, from /vp/
A lot of /v/ comics
Sir's stuff from /fit/
Weaver from a bunch of places

But while /co/ encourages a lot of artists (Paranatural), I can't think of anything that actually originated here

Also, board tans, and board personalities used to be pretty big, and there's stuff floating around still. Kind of makes me sad that that aspect of 4Chan went away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBSxZzRfyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4WzQ7KHak

Anyways, make it yourself if you want it so bad
>but I don't know how to animate/draw
Learn, fag. Just like everyone else does.
>>
File: 579.jpg (235KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
579.jpg
235KB, 656x1024px
>>88616787
The misconception you have, and every one of you always has, is that the biggest issue you'll face is people who want to ruin or shit on your project, but in reality, it's the people who want to help. You, specifically.

I'll give you some background, I've been browsing /co/for over 6 years, and I have first hand experiences joining 'collaborative /co/ projects.' I've drawn concept art, storyboard frames, written and edited story that others submitted, and more. Listen to me when I say the biggest hurdle you will face is the people who - right now! - are excited about being part of this.

Life happens, people move, change jobs, their priorities change, or they simply forget, but you NEED to be able to set up an accountability system, because speaking from experience, those who contribute drop like fucking flies after a few weeks. What happens when you get a really talented artist to draw up some models and frames and they just stop posting one day? Even if you have other artists, the style won't match. What happens when you get someone who storyboards half of 2 scenes and disappears? Do you get someone to continue? They'll have different ideas and want to start over, but all of this depends on newcomers seeing people dropping out of the project, and not dropping out themselves. How do you motivate? You need a solid plan and a team with accountability before you can even THINK about starting anything.

you should NEVER, I repeat [ N E V E R ] even ATTEMPT to be the organizer of a project of this type unless
A. you are the driving force behind the art itself. you are the one actually doing the majority of the grunt work, or
B. you are personally compensating everyone substantially involved

Otherwise interest drops as - after a month or two - you still won't have anything substantial to show for your work. Artists work SLOW. They have jobs and real lives, and anyone you get will be offering you their free time, and only their free time.
>>
>>88618432
Honestly we have enough drawfags for a comic, even something as rudimentary in art style as Polandball.

The only reason we don't is because /co/ projects are a self fufilling prophesy. No one tries because everyone already views them as doomed.

For starters you'd need a concept simple enough to pull off on a large scale but attractive enough to get /co/ in on it.

Right now /co/'s on holiday which makes now the best time to start drumming up attention.

A good idea would likely be
> original: so that no one criticizes it of just being like x anime
>familiar: /co/ doesn't like to wander too far from its comfort zone
>simple: Easy to recognize design, a premise that just clicks with people
>Waifu(s): No fucking shit

With that in mind, something Samurai Jack-esque of a lone wanderer going through trials in a grander world seems a perfect fit for something like this. Few characters to draw, mostly just background work (which, if simple enough, can be farmed out to any anon).

Make her a girl, get the waifufags on her. But don't make it too distracting, so that waifu pandering doesn't dominate the threads.

Maybe change the setting to something more akin to Zelda. Because everyone likes Zelda, and it's different enough from Samurai Jack.

That's just one idea off the wall though.
>>
>>88618347
That embarrassing Avatar EU project
Food-tans
Wrestledads
>>
File: 1470328690603.png (96KB, 587x337px) Image search: [Google]
1470328690603.png
96KB, 587x337px
A boy falls in love with a girl. Unable to confess, he asks his best friend to do it on his behalf. Unexpectedly, the best friend and the girl hit it off and get together. Devastated by this betrayal our hero conducts a ritual of summoning and offers his soul to a demon in return for the new couple being broken up and him getting five years on Earth before having his soul taken. The contract is signed and the demon sends a truck ramming into the best friend, paralyzing him from the chest down.
That same day the MC learns he has won the lottery and is immediately more attractive to the girl he had liked, who abandons the newly crippled friend, revealing herself as a worthless and shallow cunt.
The MC realizes he has sold his soul and ruined his friend's life for nothing. He must now use his resources to prepare for an eventual encounter with the demon while dealing with the guilt of his actions.
>>
>>88618628
[cont]

There's a reason you look around and you see "decision by committee" used as an insult when talking about stories. It just doesn't work.

Don't ruin whatever momentum you have catering to an imaginary "/co/ consensus." Make something with ideas ONLY from the people who are committed to sticking around and seeing them through. Don't accept help or partial work from someone who might disappear. You'll only be hurting yourself in the long run.

If you're serious about making something, do it yourself and with people you can rely on. But don't wait for /co/ to magically stop being an ethereal site with no accountability.
>>
>Realistic super hero
>like Deadpool, in that he recognizes the absurdity of the superhero business
>peeved that he gets passed up for recognition because his solutions are practical rather than flashy
>sets out to destroy Brotherhood of Evil organization once and for all, so that the world can be more safe
>but mostly so that he gets taken more seriously
>Superman expy talks about how they can't escalate the situation
These guys have LITERALLY built nuclear bombs
>Batman expy talks about justice and law and evidence
We have evidence! We get a message from them like every week about how they're going to destroy the world!
>Some worthless hippy hero talks about balance of good and evil
Like, all of your girlfriends have been killed! You're last girlfriend's head was put in a fridge! What kind of fucked up balance is that!?
>Punisher expy agrees with RSH, wants to join him
fuck off! You're not a hero, you're a psychopath with an irresponsible amount of guns and a list of acceptable targets! Your next step after these guys are jaywalkers and hang their toilet paper under!
>Group of heroes want to join him, on the condition of no guns
What do you mean, 'no guns', of course we're bringing guns! They have a guy in there there who shoots lasers like a raver on acid
>Luke Cage doesn't use guns
What, the guy who can take a semi to the chest!
>90's moral moment, guns kill people
That's what we're trying to do!
>What about arrows? Lot less lethal
Ok, you know what, fine, I invented a super advanced arrow that's a few inch long, and a super-bow that fires them at 1126 feet per second, repeatedly. I even gave some to the bad guys to make it fair, now let's go!
Now I want him to be voiced by Christopher McCulloch doing his Monarch voice
>>
>>88618929
Up until the Punisher expy bit you were talking sense, the rest is cringey.
>>
>>88618955
It's 2 am and I'm working on like four hours of sleep. Open to suggestions.
>>
I'd think the best idea would be to conduct a storyboard and have anyone voice/sfx/animate it, similar to that episode of sailor moon reanimated by tumblr
>>
File: Shh.jpg (159KB, 670x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Shh.jpg
159KB, 670x1191px
>>88619011
Go to sleep.
>>
>>88619039
can't, trying to write a fic
>>
Didn't we already do something like this? It was about a spooky skeleton living a normal human life?
>>
>>88619090
Isn't that Dave Lichman?
>>
>>88619159
That name alone makes me interested.
>>
>>88619090
Yeah I was part of that but everyone just stopped showing up, one at a time, and every thread we made got the same responses because we couldn't produce content fast enough to hold interest, and when we did get people wanting to help they kept trying to take it in a different direction

it soured me on the whole idea. I think its better to put your efforts into spontaneous funny shit just around the board than try to force interest on any idea that takes a really long time and effort for little payback
>>
>>88614771
I could try after i am done with the game i am making for /b/
>>
>>88615813
I'd argue that there's actually a fair amount of artists here but they don't have the time or desire to do anything beyond the occasional drawfag request.
>>
>>88615697
>but it's amazing how frequently & rapidly the focal point of ANYTHING /co/ tries create becomes T&A.
It really is, I've come back to threads days later and it goes from people bouncing ideas off each other to or guy posting essay length posts with a drawing attached to each one. At that point it is just the artist and like 2 other people posting.
>>
Can any of you fags actually draw or write?
>>
>>88620983
Do animatics count?
>>
>>88615697
Boners are more motivating than DEEPEST LORE faggotry any day of the week
>>
>>88618408
Why March?
>>
>>88621656
General statement of "months".

So if this were happening, it would need to be A., a comic, B., strongly helmed by one or two artists/creative directors, and C., simple enough in execution to attract more mediocre drawfags.
>>
>>88614771
It would be shit because there are too many writers
>>
File: tumblr_obrw0h21Xc1ro95nto1_1280.png (134KB, 520x940px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obrw0h21Xc1ro95nto1_1280.png
134KB, 520x940px
>>88614771
OP back, napped up and good to go.

>>88618408
yo! first off, i definitely agree with you, underestimating animation and going straight for a full on cartoon would 10000% be a mistake, which is why i dropped this post: >>88617182

i don't want to get too much into it, but i do understand the animation process pretty intimately, which is why i'm not exactly worried about the idea of recruiting drawfags from this board. again, if we made something happen, the involvement this board would have would be the following things:

> general constructive discussion and participation in an IRC/Discord chat
> some of you would need to step up and become mods and organizers, because admittedly i would not have nearly the full time required to do that alone
> democratic involvement, ie voting on major decisions
> crowdfunding to pay artists, because as many people in this thread have correctly pointed out, you literally cannot make animation without paying artists.
> if any talented drawfags step up, that's always welcome, but again, i could probably handle all that without much difficulty.

one question i have for you guys though: i'm decently connected in the industry and whatnot -- would you guys prefer if I got some people on my side involved and then came back in a bit, or would you prefer i just do this alone and just sort of let it form? the reason i would do this would be to guide the process a little more so that we don't have anarchy and confusion — with a few people who know what they're doing brought in, we'd be able to have enough guidance to at least get the anons that wander in schooled up on how the animation process all works and a realistic path of action for how this can be achieved. i'd also be totally fine with not bringing in said people in order to keep things less shill-y and more natural. that's a thing i'm entirely okay with leaving up to you guys by choice.
>>
File: 1449012342933.png (188KB, 481x670px) Image search: [Google]
1449012342933.png
188KB, 481x670px
>>88618628
>>88618786

OP again. missed this post somehow. probably the best post in this thread so far. i want to speak to these points

>the biggest hurdle you will face is the people who are excited about being part of this.
>but you NEED to be able to set up an accountability system

these sentences and the entirety of your first 3 paragraphs are completely accurate.

however, coincidentally:

>you should never be the organizer of a project of this type unless
>A. you are the driving force behind the art itself. you are the one actually doing the majority of the grunt work, or
>B. you are personally compensating everyone substantially involved

i actually can say that i can meet both of these criteria, or at least find someone who can if there's enough interest. not exactly the "grunt work" part, the actual workload would be, in spirit, split between people who contribute to the day-to-day discussion, and the actual artists/animators. but the 'driving force behind the art' and 'compensating everyone substantially involved' things i can speak more to. in my current plan however, those "substantially involved" would need to be a very specifically selected group of people, and everyone would probably need to know and be able to agree upon the validity of their role and the compensation provided, as my plan calls for complete transparency. thus, in my head right now, i'm only considering payment for people actually doing work on the project, which would need to be people nominated by the voting process.

but that speaks exclusively to the workforce we'd all collectively deem necessary to the project's completion. if we're relying on the support of a larger group, there's obviously no way everyone who contributes ideas and discussion would be paid, and in fact what i'm proposing would be quite the opposite, ESPECIALLY we're taking this to crowdfunding. i completely understand if this is a put-off to people, but i'm open to better ideas. (will continue)
>>
>>88624638
I personally would like to work with and learn from pros if this is legit.

What exactly is this project your are envisioning? When would it start? What's the time line you're expecting?
>>
continuing from >>88624940

>>88618786
i agree with this point and the notion of 'too many cooks in the kitchen'. i think it'd have to be loose-fisted, consisting decisions like appointing people in key positions, contributing abstract themes and ideas that we can all come together and agree upon

i think what'd be amazing about this project is that we'd not only have ideas coming in that /co/ likes, but also results that other people here will fucking hate and shit on. that sounds like it'd be a failure, but in reality it'd be a way to continuously grow, assess valid criticisms (not to be confused with just trying to please everyone) and make things better. it's a dialogue, the kind of dialogue that only a board like /co/ could provide.

of course, it'd have to be a group of /co/ who's willing to take the discussion outside of /co/ and report back through regular threads linking to the place we go to.

i have many more thoughts on all of this, but this is all i'll say for now.
>>
File: k4.gif (351KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
k4.gif
351KB, 500x281px
>>88614771
Well if we base it around the guys who make Trope threads we basically get Gurren Lagann in most cases.
If we get comicfags we'll get a convoluted story about some obscure D-list character none cares about.
Otherwise you'll get something like /co/co/ bizarre adventure or /co/ventures.
Speaking of, while ago a bunch of faggots gathered around to make /co/lette 2.0 basing her on what they liked at the moment
Spoiler:It was a furry
>>
>>88624638
>>88624940
>>88625107

Huh, so OP does have an idea on what they're doing.

I think you should come up with the idea yourself. At least, the core, rough, most basic-est concepts. I put down some >>88618639 notes on shit that /co/ likes to make it easier to round up a bunch up people, but basically anything that sounds nice and punchy can get /co/ worked up.

Hold off on Crowdfunding for now until you have an actual premise and some real quality work down.
>>
>>88621052
Then why the people on this board are such depressed and unmotivated slackers that never get anything finished?
>>
>>88625349
/co/ knows nothing about the logistics of media.
>>
>>88625065

>if this is legit
the group I'm a part of are professionals, but we're not so interested in TV. part of why I'm interested in this idea is to push the internet as a valid creation platform for animation.

>what do you have in mind?
continuous kickstarters or patreon. start extremely small (maybe just 30s-1min short and build up) and let it gain momentum.

>timeline
can't say for sure. that all depends on how much you guys are willing to talk about it. talk about it enough here, and it'll start to get organized. once it starts getting organized, we'll be able to start making progress. i don't want to force it, I've got a full plate already -- but if this idea resonates with enough people, I'm willing to move things forward.

>>88625191
my response to this is, then let's learn from the mistakes of previous attempts to try similar things here. assess what's been done so far, evolve from there.
>>
>>88625261
i'm willing to at least throw in suggestions, but i'd only want to do that when we've already got a group of people around to give feedback on it. i agree with the notion that we need a leader and i'm okay with serving that role, but putting too much of myself into this would defeat the purpose. i'm only willing to toss my own ideas in if everyone else gets a fair chance to, and if people go with mine, i want that to be a conclusion that's come to by a proper sample of people.

also, i'm considering using a name going forward for identification. should i do this? should i become tripfag? what would be easiest for you guys.
>>
I'm interested in whatever comes of this.

I've been wanting to know more about the ins and outs of the animation process for awhile.
>>
>>88625587
Yeah we are going to need some sort of reliable IDs going forward. If nothing else we can just use them for the thread and organize another platform.
>>
>>88625698
testing, testing, one two. never been a tripfag before.

anyway, I'm down to start a Discord for this if you guys are interested (let me know), but I don't want to be all about action off the bat -- that puts too much pressure on forcing this to become a thing too quickly. instead, i'd like to put forth the intention that it's just for chatting first and foremost, and let something grow out of it from there.
>>
>>88625843
I'd be down for a Discord
>>
>>88625938
https://discord.gg/fjmY3CB

k, let's give this a shot. again, i don't want to waste anyone's time, so let's keep this casual and just chat about whatever we want and see what happens.
>>
>>88626027
Bump, because I want to believe.
>>
>>88614771
https://discord.gg/fjmY3CB
Discord link again in response to OP, maybe it'll be easier to find.

>>88626508
thank you, i appreciate it. since we're coming right up on Christmas, i expect it to be decently slow, but starting small can never be a bad thing.
>>
>>88625587
Tripfagging would be the best for this.

I doubt the Discord will get much use for now though.

Maybe start a new topic in a little while once this dies. Something like "/co/ writes the next big cartoon", with some stock picture of an animator over it. It'll be mostly greentext shitposting, but sooner or later we'll catch onto a thread that someone likes.

Then, work that into the basic premise for a webcomic, and then if there is enough motivation and enough of a base try to transition into a full on animated series.

The issue with animation on the internet is that animation takes money, and the internet is built for free shit, and ad money is pocket change. Ergo you either need the infrastructure in place from earlier, more rudimentary projects (RWBY, most abridged series), or you get help from directly within the industry (Bravest Warriors, Bee and Puppycat).

If we can get a good surge of enthusiasm going, we might be able to get SOMETHING done, though to what extent is yet unsure. It really depends on what sort of community comes together. If it's mostly writefags and a couple drawfags, go for full on webcomic with heavy text emphasis (a la Homestuck). If it's mostly drawfags with a handful of writefags, go for regular old webcomic. Depending on how many animators and voice actors and video producers show up, there MIGHT be something possible with animation.
>>
>>88627474
good ideas here. i'm willing to be patient and wait for this thread to get saged and then give that a try.

i also have considered and actually really like the idea of taking a webcomic approach, something mixed media like homestuck perhaps. something that works well with our internet-specific format and userbase. that would admittedly be much easier to crowd-fund with less expectations and pressure, more opportunity for people to copy us and do the same thing, which i think can only be a good thing if they come up with good ideas and execute well. it also leaves more room for more artists (and not just exclusively animators) to involve themselves, and also puts less emphasis on my own aforementioned involvement with animation, which i prefer because i'm here to self-serve as little as possible here.

thanks for posting your thoughts.
>>
>>88625349
When is Spider-man going to be finished?
I want to know so that I can get it all at once.
>>
lmao another idea guys group project from /co/ that won't go anywhere
>>
>>88628384
that's certainly how it appears. but what if this time was different?

you should join us. even dissenting opinions are invaluable. maybe you'll even change your mind over time — just think, how badass would it be if you ended up wrong about this?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.