[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't J'onn have his own Rebirth series? Hell,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: Martian_Manhunter_11.jpg (436KB, 950x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Martian_Manhunter_11.jpg
436KB, 950x1428px
Why doesn't J'onn have his own Rebirth series? Hell, why is he completely absent so far? Wasn't his last run well received? Am I the only one who likes him? Can we still hope for a return in the third wave of Rebirth titles? They can't keep pretending he doesn't exist
>>
>>88612823
>wanting a story about a filthy martian

If the martians wanted more martians in comics they should write their own.
>>
>>88612823
I want him to come back as a villain so he won't job so much.
You can't use the best applications of his powerset while being a hero.
>>
>>88612823
Blame Morrison for killing him in Final Crisis.
>>
>>88612823
Because no one bought his DCyou ongoing?

Do most of his """fans"" know he had one?
>>
>>88613014
The first 6 issues were strong but then it just dragged on from that point at least in my opinion. But that ending was objectively bad.
>>
>>88612955

He's still too powerful to even become a villain. Literally who could stop him

>>88612959

Which is why a "Rebirth" title would be perfect

>>88613014

I bought the first two trades of that run but honestly I only started reading MM stuff very recently
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (21KB, 155x177px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
21KB, 155x177px
>>88612823
>>88612823
To be honest guys.

What kind of story would you like to see J'onn in?

I vote for a story where he goes back at his origins as a detective.

Governament discover some weird annomalies, and think that it might be alien related, they them contract J'onn to deal with things like signals on farms and problem with cattle.

Eventually in the middel of the series, we learn that the aliens responsable for this are related to a huge alien-spaceport, localized in a moon of Saturn.

The rest of the series is J'onn playing detective between this space port on Saturn, and Earth, also as some kind of diplomat.

What you guys think?
>>
>>88613602

I like this. I really like his space detective stories. Maybe they could tone his strength down a bit. Like nowhere near Supes' level but clearly stronger than any human. I like when the emphasis is on the shape shifting, intangibility and mind fuckery. I also like when they add elements of horror
>>
>>88612823
I want to fuck his anus hole.
>>
>>88612823
overpowered even for DC standards.
superman ripoff origin.
no good villains.
he's better off ignored.
>>
>>88612823
>Why doesn't J'onn have his own Rebirth series?

He touches himself too much

>Hell, why is he completely absent so far?

>he's a Disney shill

>Wasn't his last run well received?

Only filthy casuals and Hillary supporters liked it.

>Am I the only one who likes him?

No one cares about your feelings.

>Can we still hope for a return in the third wave of Rebirth titles?

That spot's reserved for Darkseid's Daughter Lil Black Book

>They can't keep pretending he doesn't exist

Kino
>>
>>88613749
>overpowered even for DC standards.
>superman ripoff origin.
They could tweak his powers and origins in Rebirth, no big deal

>no good villains.
Alright, I'll give you that
>>
>>88613720
>Maybe they could tone his strength down a bit.

THIS.

I would put it too, I think he works better at Spider-man level, instead of Superman.
>>
File: mm.jpg (64KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
64KB, 400x615px
>>88612823
he recently had a mini and practically none bought it
>>
>>88613602
>>88613720
You guys are onto something.

Make him a lot weaker and focus his stories on being an alien looking into Earth culture.
He goes around solving crimes (like by being a detective) and does so by shapeshifting and mild mindreading.
He doesn't just solve the crimes, but he wants to understand why the criminals did what they do.

I guess that'd be a little too dark though
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (99KB, 588x341px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
99KB, 588x341px
>>88614061
I was thinking on something a little more Hellboy or BPRD for him, with focus on investigation and always some alien monster to puch at the end.
>>
I really like Jonn but I don't know where to start with the guy, can anybody give me some recommended reading for him?

Also if anyone has any cool scans they'd like to post staring the big green goofball that would be great too
>>
>>88614140
>always some alien monster to puch at the end.
I'd have to disagree with that.
MMH best quality is being an alien perspective on Earth
DC doesn't really have a true blue alien chilling on Earth. Supergirl, kinda, but she's never been the type to explore the human condition

Have J'onn go around finding murdered people, becoming them for a day, and then becoming the person who killed them and learning how and why.
Now that's using his abilities in a way that no other character can
>>
File: 1481157798743.jpg (533KB, 1010x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1481157798743.jpg
533KB, 1010x1477px
>>88614179
There is that time that Martian Manhunter turned into a girl to have lesbian alien sex in an important mission.

Them he discovered that she is futa, and went apeshit.
>>
>>88614056
I'm still not sure that mini was actually about Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>88614249
Thats incredible!!!!!!!!!! He's such a weirdo! I love it!
>>
>>88612823
>Hell, why is he completely absent so far?
Because he's behind it all, just like in DC 1 Million
>>
>>88614368

I was actually wondering if he was there all along, hiding in disguise. The "big reveal" is coming so slowly I'm starting to think they're making shit up as they go and MM could be a part of that. Who knows
>>
>>88614846
Maybe he's Mr Oz
>>
>>88612823
Because the DCU went from a vibrant sprawling universe to a soulless husk in the past decade.
>>
>>88613602
>I vote for a story where he goes back at his origins as a detective.
I do want this, but I do not want him to be depowered at all.
>>
>>88614179
>I really like Jonn but I don't know where to start with the guy, can anybody give me some recommended reading for him?
His 90s ongoing and his most recent one.
>>
>>88612823
He isn't absent he's the Farmer/Kathy's grandfather from Superman rebirth.
>>
>>88612823
I Blame that hissy fit Goyer threw a while back.
Also, J'onn has always worked best as a team member of the league, and we wont see that again because of affirmative action.
>>
>>88614846
There's also the Clark Kent that exists somehow
>>
>>88613602
Here's an idea: No more fucking "there are other Martians out there and they are evil" stories. Stop it! Give J'onn a human nemesis.
>>
should just bring back parker justice league united with j'onn
>>
>>88619239
They cancelled the trade of Parker's run.

God damn it.
>>
>>88614140
Frankenstein monster an MM team-up. Green team go!
>>
>>88612823
Literally every time he appears he gets fucked by fire.
>>
>>88613602
I recall an anon once wrote a pitch about J'onn being a detective, fighting an alien that's empowered by other beings using telepathic abilities, thus forcing J'onn to be required to interact with other humans to defeat them.
>>
>>88614228
ThisThisThis.

J'onn as a detective is great and all, but what makes him stick out is being an outsider looking in. That's something no MM writer should lose sight of.
>>
Eh, J'onn probably ended up in the 31st century and became a wealthy industrialist.
>>
>>88618244
t. toon baby
>>
>>88613153
>too powerful

Nigger, he got two-pieced by Zod. Any elite would destroy him in a fight.
>>
>>88613124
Everybody on /co/ liked it, so maybe your opinion is just objectively bad.
>>
What do people have against powerful characters? Does /co/ even read comics or is it just cbr/comicvine powerlevelfags shitposting? Spectre and Swamp Thing are stronger than J'onn and have been in some of the best runs. Even Ostrander's MMH was very good.

I wanted to see Kindt writing a MMH run, consisting of a mix of detective work and crazy sci fi/lovecraftian horror.
>>
>>88620709
>/co/ is a hivemind
And there's no reason to get defensive about it. It was still enjoyable. I just frankly didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of his material.
>>
>>88620575
You motherfucker.
>>
File: RJ Brande.jpg (32KB, 250x513px) Image search: [Google]
RJ Brande.jpg
32KB, 250x513px
>>88621276
Consider all the Legion foreshadowing in Rebirth, which is being controlled by notorious continuity whore and Legion fanboy Geoff Johns.

J'onn's conspicuous absence suddenly ain't so weird now, is it?
>>
>>88614228
This anon gets it
>>88614249
>>88614332
These anons also get it.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.