[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a time in comics where "love" does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Image-58.jpg (525KB, 984x885px) Image search: [Google]
Image-58.jpg
525KB, 984x885px
Has there ever been a time in comics where "love" does NOT win?

Over the past two years I remember seeing so many instances of characters going gay, but has there been a moment where a character decides they're legitimately straight, or does not accept the advances of a homosexual character who wants them on the basis they're not gay?

This isn't about anti-gay, it's asking if writers are physically capable of depicting this kind of rejection.
>>
>>88606519
Nightwing/Midnighter?
>>
I've been meaning to ask a similar question for a while. Are there any comics about a man dealing with having an unrequited love for his lesbian best friend?
And to answer your question, OP, I can't remember if it was Gotham City Sirens or her old ongoing, but there was a scene where Harley basically shuts down Ivy by saying that they'll never have a relationship and she'll just keep manipulating Ivy's love for her to get what she wants. I'm leaning more to it being in her solo, but it's been years since I read either so I can't be sure.
>>
>>88606519
Ivy and Harley are not together because Ivy loves terrorism more than Harley so love does not win.
>>
>>88606674
>I've been meaning to ask a similar question for a while. Are there any comics about a man dealing with having an unrequited love for his lesbian best friend?

The recent Ms Marvel comics, granted that's going in a direction that hopefully sets up for lesbian rejection considering the characters involved... but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>88606714

They can't make a lesbian Ms. Marvel without triggering everyone. Muslims will get triggered because of a lesbian muslim and tumblr will get triggered because muslims were offended by Marvel.
>>
>>88606864
It's not Ms Marvel herself, it's two of her friends. A painted blonde recently came out as being very intensely into one of Kamala's muslim friends, a very angry one who takes her religion very seriously.
>>
>>88606519
Kitty Pryde
>>
>>88606519
Are you asking if there are still any straight characters left?

In which case, no. Everyone's gay now. The homolust has consume the multiverse.
>>
>>88606674
>OP, I can't remember if it was Gotham City Sirens or her old ongoing, but there was a scene where Harley basically shuts down Ivy by saying that they'll never have a relationship and she'll just keep manipulating Ivy's love for her to get what she wants. I'm leaning more to it being in her solo, but it's been years since I read either so I can't be sure.

Nah, it was Sirens. It was basically Harley playing mindgames with Ivy, having Ivy come to term with her love for Harley and using that to throw Ivy off balance so she can escape with Joker

It was the last arc of Sirens
>>
>>88606519
Ivy recently turned Harley down.

Maxima came out to Supergirl, and while not really rejected, they didn't get together.
>>
>>88606519
Iceman X Northstar is what you're looking for.
>>
>>88607534
I really need to reread that. I remember a new printing of the trades being announced, maybe I'll get it for a late Christmas gift to myself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.