[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this is so overlooked when compared to Batman:TAS. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 95

File: Supermantasfront.jpg (710KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Supermantasfront.jpg
710KB, 1500x1500px
Why does this is so overlooked when compared to Batman:TAS. It's much more consistent imo.
>>
Far shittier rogues gallery, shorter run, no movie, it was technically a spin-off, and Superman is a boring boy scout pos.
>>
>>88604189
You're right, Red Claw, Rupert Thorne, and Prof. Milo are much more interesting than Toyman, Livewire, and Darkseid
>>
>>88604562
You take that sass back about my boy Red Claw!
>>
>>88604136
'Cause even though the lows weren't as low, the highs weren't really as high either.
It was solid, but when BTAS was good, it was really fuckin' good.
>>
>>88604136
It's not Batman
>>
>>88604136
Because they made an effort to make Batman human, with little details.

Like first episode Batman gets a cold. What did they do for Superman? Not a fucking thing.
>>
>>88604562
Superman's best villains aren't as good as Batman's best villains, and BTAS has those Mr. Freeze episodes which are literally as good as superhero shows or movies get.

That's the main reason Batman and Robin failed so hard; people wanted BTAS mr freeze
>>
>>88604619
>Red Claw
>boy
>>
>>88604716
>she
>>
>>88604716
>Red Claw sets the trap.
>Just shows up.
>>
>>88604665
If nothing else, the series finale sets a whole lot of crazy shit in motion for the Justice League/JLU series. The Cadmus arc obviously, but also Supes flipping his shit whenever Darkseid shows up. Hell, the pilot episode's conflict is set in motion partly by Superman trying so hard to make up for his brainwashed attack on Earth.
>>
>>88604136

Look, one thing you can give S:TAS...

It didn't spawn Harley as a character.
>>
>>88604704
No, Batman and Robin failed because it was all around a piece of shit.
>>
>>88604862
Nah, it's a great super hero romp and a natural progression of the series. It's just not what the 90s wanted but it's rather timeless and reflects on an earlier age of super hero and comic books.
>>
File: Bowmans_revelation.jpg (70KB, 1128x839px) Image search: [Google]
Bowmans_revelation.jpg
70KB, 1128x839px
>>88604136

>Frame someone for murder
>Nosy reporter is getting too close with his investigation
>Plant a bomb in his car to kill him
>Superman ends up getting involved and getting you arrested
>Reporter turns up not dead
>Realize the only way he could have survived was if he was Superman
>Get executed
>>
It's because childhood is wanting to be Batman.
Adulthood is recognizing that Superman makes more sense.
>>
I love the show now but as a kid I always switched off. Superman was "boring" to me. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why it doesn't come up in nostalgia wank fests.

The creators didn't even have much faith in it at the beginning. Timm pitched a Superman team-up show originally cause he didn't care for the character.
>>
>>88605304
The episodes where Superman teamed up were a lot more interesting, not much from the Superman TV show stuck with me, but I will always remember the episode where John Henry Irons was introduced to the Timmverse.
>>
>>88604886
It is in no way a "natural progression" of the series. Both it and Forever are intended to be sequels to Burton's films but in no way match nor add to the tone set up in the first two.

I will agree that B&R is timeless. Schumaker did a good job of not limiting his movies to the times they were made in, which I feel superhero movies should do.
>>
>>88604136

Batfags = Batwank
>>
>>88605304
I rewatched both StAS and BtAS recently, and I feel a big difference is that Batman (esp before it got reworked to play alongside Superman) took more chances in terms of storytelling and visual presentation. You got stories like "Perchance to Dream" and "It's Never Too Late" where it wasn't really about the super-heroics and more about stories about people; and of course, the lush, stylized and dark visuals of the original Batman series at its height haven't really been matched as far as tone and theme go.

Sure, quality of Batman's visuals made it easy to see when the budget faltered and the animation took a dip, and sometimes the stories didn't always work ("The Laughing Fish" always seemed to me to be a weak use of the Joker and Harley's relationship), but when the original BtAS was at its best, it can't really be rivaled.
>>
I love it a bit more than BTAS, but the reasons it's often overlooked is because >>88604665 and BTAS had an impact on the Batman comics and Batman media in general with the creation of Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze's revamp.

STAS was consistent through it's run, but it didn't have the stand out episodes that made people sit up and pay attention like BTAS did. A lot of the Batman episodes varied in tone, whereas Superman episodes were largely superheroic tone.

The Fleischer Superman is to Superman, what BTAS is to Batman.
>>
>>88605961
>>88605835
I agree with these, having watched both series there are dozens of BTAS episodes that stand out and are memorable while for STAS I can only think of a handful that do, cut out the Darkseid episodes and you're left with just this one >>88604989
>>
It was decent, but it was completely unremarkable. Batman highs were a lot better than Superman. There are very few people who get Superman right, and writers who write him as a generic superheroes are definitely not those.
>>
>>88606000
A lot more than that were great. Last Son of Krypton, Fun and Games, A Little Piece of Home, Feeding Time, The Way of All Flesh, Stolen Memories, The Main Man, My Girl, Two's A Crowd, Blasts from the Past, Speed Demons, Livewire, Identity Crisis, Target, Mxyzpixilated, Double Dose, Solar Power, Brave New Metropolis, Ghost in the Machine, Bizarro's World, Prototype.
Legacy aside, yeah almost all of season 3 was weak which they admitted was because the same staff was working on Superman, Batman, and Batman Beyond at the same time and Superman, being the oldest, had the least attention and effort spent on it.
>>
>>88606000
If you asked /co/ for their personal top 10 BTAS episodes they would all vary a lot, but ask the same about STAS, the lists would most likely be very similar.

>>88606136
That anon is talking about standing out and being memorable, rather than the quality of the episode and going off of /co/ he is right most people remember the Darkseid episodes, The Late Mr. Kent, the World's Finest and possibly Livewire for the origin and Lori Petty's performance.
>>
>>88606277
They get ignored because they don't contribute to the Darkseid metaplot, but a lot of those episodes are memorable.
>>
>>88604704
>Superman's best villains aren't as good as Batman's best villains

Lex >>>>> Joker

Is this even up for discussion? Brainiac is god tier, as well.
>>
>>88607656
Just look at youtube comments about how the normies fanwank of how deadly the Joker is compared to Luthor because he's crazy and shit. Ratings are made by normalfags, not for anons. Also Timm is a huge Batfag and STAS was just money for him
>>
toyman was creepier than any b:tas villain.
>>
>>88604136
Because a Superman cartoon being made is expected to be bright ad cheery, even if a bit more serious.

Batman on the other hand brought fucking noir-influced style, short 11 minute tales that went all out, the perfect voices, and writing that hadn't been done so dramatically for what was essentially supposed to be a kid's cartoon.

Batman pushed the boundaries of what it was supposed to be. Superman, on the other hand, was pretty good...but if you watch it's very first episodes and comapre them to Batman the animated series', you'll see how one brings more than the other. What also helps is that with Batman, they were really creative about some of the things they did, having entire episodes be based around strange ideas. Superman the Animated series, while serious and mature, still is essentially the same tone as Superman had kinda been, and they just went with that.

Metallo was lit as fuck though.
>>
File: Toyman.png (93KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
Toyman.png
93KB, 350x260px
>>88608743
>hey anon, come play with me
>>
>>88608748
>>88608748
On Superman TAS's side, it never had "Batman's in my basement"
>>
>>88608806
His toys were lame. Dude didn't even have a single figma fig.
>>
>>88608845
Yeah, but at least people remember it. Can't say much about a lotta episodes from STAS
>>
>>88606328
>nobody but me remembers them
>this means they are memorable

Supesfags are the worst.
>>
>>88609029
Don't put words in his mouth.
>>
>>88609073
you want something else there?
>>
>>88608748

STAS was more based around the lighter parts of the Art Deco style and It was way closer to the Fritz Lang Metropolis than BTAS (Dini and Timm really loved their meta jokes)

They did plenty of episodes around Clark but there's not a lot you can do with Superman in terms of story variety compared to Batman, in general. At the same time, they embraced how Goofy Superman could be but made it a lot more tighter paced and funny. Mxyzpixilated is a friggin' hilarious episode if only for how increasingly non-chalant Clark gets as he outfoxes Mxy. It's also hard to be a grounded series like BTAS when a lot of Superman's rogues gallery is comprised of Metahumans and threats from outer space as well.

The Apokalips episodes and whole Saga were brilliant but it's not as grounded and forward pushing as BTAS was (Or even Beyond). But then there was possibly a fear they didn't want to be known for making "Dark" cartoons or else the Network would yell at them so STAS was lighter in tone to compensate.
>>
>>88609094
Yeah. Too bad you can't help me with that though.
>>
>>88609274
I agree with you, and yeah, I do remember the episodes with Mxyzptlk a lot though, next to the ones with Metallo. And yeah, I do think STAS is given less credit than it is due, because when you look at other shows at the time, you get the SPider-Man: the animated series, which while lovable, is nowhere near as actually professional and well-done as BTAS or STAS
>>
BTAS was a great exploration of Bat rogues, the persona of Bruce Wayne in the public eye and what Batman means to Gotham.
STAS was the journey of how the public perceives Superman and what sort of hero he would become.
>>
>>88604136
Batfags cry 'boring boy scout lol'

People like it OP but the batcult rules /co/
>>
>>88608845
>Batman's in my basement
What was so bad about that one?
>>
>>88609978
It's a goofy Kids episode.
>>
>>88608748
>brought fucking noir-influced style, short 11 minute tales

You do realize that Timm has literally admitted in interview after interview that when his bosses suggested it (since he had a different idea to start with), the stye of the Bat show was heavily influenced by the Superman Fleischer theatrical animated serials.
>>
>>88604136
Superman the Animated Series was too safe and comfy, save for a few episodes. It felt like Darkseid, Lex at times, and Supes were very chill.
>>
File: superman tas.jpg (63KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
superman tas.jpg
63KB, 320x240px
>>88604136
Been watching it on Amazon. God damn was the animation good. The same studio who made Superman TAS also make Akira and it really shows.
>>
>>88604562
Rupert Thorne is GOAT, fuck you faggot
>>
The mr mxyzptlk episode from the show is still GOAT.
>>
>>88612361
Gilbert Gottfried was hilarious, perfect casting.
>>
>>88604136
Probably because BTAS was a revolution in the cartoon industry while STAS was just a continuation of the trend it started.

The writing team had found their footing by the time STAS was handed to them and they had a much better grasp of where they wanted to take the character, setting up for Darkseid in the very first season and then slow burning that plot until season 3. So while Superman is more consistent, it didn't have the ground breaking factor that helped boost BTAS to the status it has.

Also, the simple fact of the matter is BTAS came first by four years. That's really it.
>>
Loved it. It's hard hearing anyone other than Clancy Brown play Lex.
>>
>>88613467
Same, though Mark Rolston has been very good as Lex.
>>
File: Superman vs Mech.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Mech.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88612333

This, Thorne is a super underrated Batman villain. A straight up crime lord is a nice counterpoint to the bombastic goofiness inherent in most of his rogues gallery.
>>
File: Superman vs Mech2.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Mech2.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: green lex luthor.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
green lex luthor.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>88613630
>>88613707
That is no mere mech.That is a motherfucking Lexosuit.
>>
Honestly? I had a few pet peeves with the show that didn't bother me too much as a kid, but did when I rewatched it as an adult
>The supporting cast didn't get much to do; Supergirl shares the focus of her introductory episode with Jimmy Olsen, and then basically disappears outside of the finale and the obligatory Girl's Night Out episode
>Jimmy Olsen gets one other focus episode, which introduces a signal watch that is used maybe once in the rest of the series.
>Lex Luthor is never defeated and/or exposed.
>Lois Lane's relationship with Clark and/or Superman never develops beyond flirting.
Those last two points bother me more in light of the fact they were never developed later in the DCAU - Lois is seen on a date with Superman in JLU, but she still doesn't know he's Clark. Lex is defeated in the first few minutes of like the third episode of Justice League, and remains a Pre-Crisis style mad scientist villain for the remainder of the series. That could've been the series finale, instead we go out on a downbeat ending about the public distrusting Superman and Darkseid being unbeatable, which ties into Justice League Supes being an ANGRRRY boy with more trust issues than Batman, which never sat right with me. So, 8/10 show, lowered to a 7/10 for me retroactively by later developments, or lack thereof.
>>
File: Superman shave.webm (456KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman shave.webm
456KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88612304
Too bad we'll never get this and BTAS on blu-ray.
>>
>>88604189
>no movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Brainiac_Attacks
>>
>>88605170
Is this the one version of this meme that might be right?
>>
>>88613674
I like how well this subtly shows how powerful Supes really is. When he kicks the mech, we don't see him coming in, he's just suddenly there.
>>
>>88614284
>Though the film's visual style is the same as Superman: The Animated Series (as are the majority of its returning voice cast), it is not in continuity with the DC animated universe.
>>
>>88604562
Glad you agree
>>
>>88605304
same
as a kid STAS was boring to me.

rewatching STAS now, I enjoy it and appreciate it alot more, but it still isn't exciting on average as BTAS
>>88606136
the first Mxyzplx episode is fucking gold though, I was rolling
>>
>>88609613
dont talk shit about Spider-Man: TAS anon
i'll fucking fight you
>>
>>88614746
>he's just suddenly there.
there are actually alot of moments like that, and i like the way they animated it.
in the alternate universe when lois is about to fall off the superman/luthor statue, superman doesn't "move" toward her, he just suddenly holding her

it looks cool as fuck.

it annoys me that Clark is generally pretty underpowered for the show, but he's always JUST strong enough, which is a nice touch but ends up being really inconsistent
>>
>>88615308
>it annoys me that Clark is generally pretty underpowered for the show, but he's always JUST strong enough, which is a nice touch but ends up being really inconsistent
Still, that's kind of Superman's thing. His powers is to be strong enough to do pretty much anything, what makes him interesting is what he chooses to do with it.
>>
>>88615382
>Still, that's kind of Superman's thing
i guess
i like when he's consistently god-mode rearranging planets superman.

Whats interesting is how he uses his powers, so thats all i care about, but seeing him struggle to lift a tank or something is kind of annoying
>>
>>88613707
A lot of guys had really exaggerated lips in this series.
>>
>>88605835
This. This so much. Like OP said, the Superman cartoon was consistent--it told good stories and it knew exactly what it wanted to be.

BtAS though, it tried different (especially for the time) things, and when it scored, it scored big.

Essentially, while consistently good, StAS was never really great--because it never swung for the fences, it never really hit one out of the park (tho Turpin's death still gets to me, no lie).
>>
>>88612361
Eh, it's not. You should check out any of the Millar written issues which includes Mr Mxyzptlk in the tie in comics. It's even in the archives. They're a lot better and creative than that episode.
>>
>Superman is boring because he's invincible
What's funny is outside the original Superman animated shorts, Superman TAS was one few times they actually present Superman as vulnerable. He's constantly getting knocked back, hit with lasers and clearly exhibits he's in pain. He can't be easily killed but he wasn't an immovable rock that wouldn't flinch

The parasite episode is good about this
>enemy that can drain energy from anyone he touches
>drains Superman to the point where he can't even move
>chains him up
>comes back every day and drains him so he can't escape
>the man of steel is now in huge trouble
That's how you present Superman
>>
I always liked it
I remmeber though as a kid that I always wanted to watch it but it was never on excpet for once in a blue moon, unless you stayed up really late on a weekend sometimes they would play it back before Adult Swim was a thing, and then after Adult Swim started sometimes after it ended.
Really, I think it was a scheduling thing. I remember loving the fantastical elements of it and wish they could have done more with it. The Dr. Light episode and the one with the cult and Supergirl were awesome.
>>
File: Superman punches Lobo.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman punches Lobo.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: space battle.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
space battle.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Clark and Lois.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clark and Lois.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88604136
The previous Batman cartoon had been in the 70s and was full of Adam West Camp.

The previous Superman cartoon was in 1988 and tried to be both pre and post crisis and ended up weird.

Batman TAS took a character made much more popular by Tim Burton's Batman and did a terrific revamp for not only Batman, but all of his rogues, from what people had seen in cartoons and live action.

Superman did great too, but it's just less impressive. Like Toyman for example, was a genuinely terrifying villain, but then you had villains like Roxie Rocket, Volcana, Parasite, and the crossovers with other heroes weren't handled as well. Aquaman didn't look well, The Flash was a prick, they picked the wrong Green Lantern to go with and they went with another for Justice League.
>>
>>88617700
To be fair, Kyle Rayner was the current Green Lantern in comics at the time. Made sense to use him over Hal, and most of the people complaining back then were the HEAT crew.
>>
File: Jetpack flamethrower man.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jetpack flamethrower man.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Superman vs T-Rex robot.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs T-Rex robot.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: mike tyson.jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
mike tyson.jpg
7KB, 201x251px
>>88604665
This.

STAS had the better long run game, though (see >>88604814, set up events that would have consequences later), but the individual episodes weren't as memorable.

STAS is like having dinner with Jennifer Aniston every week; It might lead to something neat down the line, but after the initial excitement of it happening, it gets kind of dull and predictable.

BTAS is like going to Mike Tyson's house every week, where he either fights you or gives you a blowjob. It might be really good, or really bad, but it's going to be a lot more memorable.
>>
>>88616612
Yeah, but they also tried to avoid using Kryptonite as a predictable stock weakness exploited by the villain, but instead, he just got electrocuted into submission at least once per episode. Or tied up by robot tentacles. Or tied up by robot tentacles and then electrocuted. I get that they didn't want Kryptonite to show up often and appear ridiculously common like in the comics but it kinda just led to electrocution *being* STAS Superman's Kryptonite
>>
>>88618156
>Getting a blow job from Mike Tyson
>Not Pigeon
>>
>>88618192
Still better than him being defeated because some one attacked him with a kryptonite spatula or what ever weird kryptonite maguffin was made that week. Electricity should be a lot more common than kryptonite, and as such would be his bane more often, but I'll give you, it was used a bit too often. Showing his woundability to magic more then once or twice would be nice too, though I get that they can't just pull magicians out their ass, when it was more of a sci-fi show, but still.
>>
File: Average day in America.webm (494KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Average day in America.webm
494KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88614623
If you flip it around, then yes
>>
>>88617440
Is Clark taunting people about his secret identity the best form of superdickery?
>>
>>88604834
THIS.
>>
>>88604136
Bruce Timm never gave a fuck about this show or Superman, Just look at what he did to Superman in JL just to make Batman look better, I'm glad Timm finally got what he deserved after the Killing Joke fiasco.
>>
>>88618371
Am American, can confirm this is true. We do not consort with those of the robot race.
>>
>>88618371
Shit like this is why having Ma and Pa Kent be dead in main canon hurts me.
>>
File: Gsptlsnz.webm (3MB, 284x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gsptlsnz.webm
3MB, 284x480px
>>88604136
Batman alwas had some interesting investigation or plot in the episodes. Superman always just punched his way out of the trouble.

I know it is unfair because the enemies of Batman are so different and interesting compared to 99% of the cape heroes but it is still a strong selling point. You can really enjoy almost any Batman villain, no matter what is the story because they are so enjoyable to watch. Aside from Luthor I only remember Livewire and she was made for the show.

I'm not a Batfag and I really like Superman when he is not alone. He is great in team ups, but really weak alone. There so only so much story you can make with a godlike being. Eventually every episode goes back to "Superman could punch his way out of this but some made up thing stops him... then punches his way out of trouble"
>>
>>88604136

Batman had a long run by itself while S:TAS wound up being engulfed by the New Batman Superman Adventures, which a lot of people would just as soon forget ever even happened thanks to some truly awful redesigns.
>>
>>88618634
To be fair Batman:TAS did a pretty shitty work with some villains like Riddler,Bane and the first Scarecrow.
>>
>>88604562
>Toyman
The guy who had TWO EPISODES?
>>
>>88618634
That is one horny bitch.
>>
>>88604189

Have to disagree with this. Lex shits all over all the rogues in BTAS even Hamills Joker. Then theres Lobo and Darkseid who were voth great. BTAS has really ocer rated villians
>>
>>88618858
Reminder that in the end Darkseid still wins.
>>
>>88618634
You may not be a Batfag, but you certainly don't know much about Superman if you insist on trotting out the same tired arguments casuals use.

>Eventually every episode goes back to "Superman could punch his way out of this but some made up thing stops him... then punches his way out of trouble"

Come on, now. You say that as if most Batman episodes didn't amount to:

>Batman wedgies someone for info
>Breaks into a place after hours and smashes vases until he finds a clue
>Feeds clue into Batcomputer, which spits out the villain's location
>Villain spits out a Shakespearean soliloquy about their lot in life before a brief struggle and escape
>Batman chases them down and punches the fuck out of them

You know it's not about the bulletpoints, it's about the execution. As many have said, STAS may not have been outstanding every episode, but it wasn't boring in the slightest.

Not to mention the writers went out of their way to portray Supes as anything but godlike, to an almost frustrating degree.
>>
File: portal to the sun.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
portal to the sun.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88604562
You're comparing villains that got two episodes a piece to people like Livewire and Darkseid?

Red Claw was suitable for a terrorist villain. Not as impressive, but sure, whatever. About as lame as that terrorist guy Superman tried to get his memories from using Parasite.

Batman's Rubert Thorne beat the shit out of Superman's Bruno Mannheim. No contest.

Prof Milo was merely a catalyst for making monsters.
>>
File: Superman vs theives.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs theives.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Superman vs Luminus.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Luminus.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88618944
Watching that loop makes it look like these guys are so stupid they try the same plan of attack over and over.
>>
>>88604562
Rupert Thorne episodes were some of the best in the series m8. Agreed about the rest.
>>
File: Lois lasers.webm (552KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois lasers.webm
552KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Lois skirt.jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois skirt.jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>>88618983
Post one of where he flies out the window and Lois' skirt flutters.
>>
File: Superman vs gunmen.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs gunmen.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88618932
>Defending Prof Milo

Both his episodes are easily in the bottom five for the series. Possibly for the entire DCAU
>>
>>88604665
I don't know, The Late Mr. Kent is up there with the best of them.
>>
>>88618811

As did Mr Freeze
>>
File: Lois dream.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois dream.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88619026
And a movie.
>>
>>88609978
If you don't think that episode was even a little better than average, then you must have pretty low standards for cartoons.

It basically has no redeeming qualities. It turns the main character into a joke and is the exact kind of episode Timm and co set out NOT to make.
>>
>>88613674
Holy fuck that's amazing. BTAS had strong animation at times but it rarely looked that good.
>>
>>88619051

Toyman came back in Justicee league
>>
>>88619111

That was the very first episode of Superman, so they had to make it look good. The animation was that good for the rest of the series.
>>
>>88619124

Sorry, I meant it WASNT that good for the rest of the series.
>>
>>88619118
Never watched that.
>>
File: 1401223689821.jpg (255KB, 1300x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1401223689821.jpg
255KB, 1300x1734px
>>88618923
How much more rekt could you possibly get than that?
>>
File: cm-capture-10.png (399KB, 615x441px) Image search: [Google]
cm-capture-10.png
399KB, 615x441px
How did anyone think this was a good design?
>>
>>88618989
This show really looks like an anime at times.
>>
>>88618999
Of all of BTAS New BTAS, Superman TAS, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, and Zeta Project you can't think of 5 worse episodes? Get real.
>>
File: cm-capture-21.png (287KB, 607x368px) Image search: [Google]
cm-capture-21.png
287KB, 607x368px
>>88619177
Seriously, even the 80s would be laughing at these guys.
>>
>>88619198
I won't lie, I haven't seen Static Shock or Zeta Project. Those episodes are REALLY fucking bad though, certainly worse than anything in STAS. And nothing from JL/JLU comes to mind as worse either.
>>
File: Lois skirt.webm (350KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois skirt.webm
350KB, 640x480px
>>88618989
Finally got it.
>>
File: 1474406980789.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474406980789.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1440895597261.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440895597261.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>
>>88619218
"Monkey Fun", "Hand of Fate", "A Fish Story", and "Unity", are all pretty freaking bad.

For Batman, you have Batman in my basement and the episode with the guy kidnapping kids for slave labor to name two off the top of my head.
>>
File: Mercy kick.webm (278KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy kick.webm
278KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1440794587632.gif (2MB, 389x297px) Image search: [Google]
1440794587632.gif
2MB, 389x297px
>>
File: Metallo Lois kiss.webm (895KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo Lois kiss.webm
895KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88605835
But The Laughing Fish was one of my favorite episodes.
>>
File: Metallo.webm (947KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo.webm
947KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88613786
>Lex Luthor is never defeated and/or exposed.
>Lois Lane's relationship with Clark and/or Superman never develops beyond flirting.

They did a better job developing Lana in her few appearances than Lois (at least towards what you are saying). I wouldn't necessarily want them married, but the Justice Lords episode suggested more meaningful interaction between them than happened in STAS.

I didn't like that Jimmy but that was more to do with the character model than anything else, even when I first watched these.

Lex (and some of these other choices) were Timm choices, echoed by some of the other TPTB creatively around at that time. I'd prefer to see them do another series (especially given that they did three versions of Bruce).
>>
File: Red_Omnitrix.jpg (50KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Omnitrix.jpg
50KB, 580x435px
>>88618899
>You know it's not about the bulletpoints, it's about the execution

You Supesfags say this all the time and call anyone who goes against you a Batfag, but the fact remains that characters with consistent limitations and measurable threats are executed well more frequently than characters that are massive powerhouses with few specific weaknesses.
>>
File: Metallo vs Superman.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo vs Superman.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Metallo ocean floor.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo ocean floor.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: kenshiro-fist-of-the-north-star.jpg (187KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro-fist-of-the-north-star.jpg
187KB, 1920x1200px
>>88619408
>but the fact remains that characters with consistent limitations and measurable threats are executed well more frequently than characters that are massive powerhouses with few specific weaknesses.

Wrong
>>
File: Livewire hospital.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire hospital.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire.webm (798KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire.webm
798KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire vs Superman.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire vs Superman.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire wet.webm (983KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire wet.webm
983KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88617339
>>88617418

The Lobo episodes were great. Especially since the comics were too busy making him the ultimate edgelord while STAS actually made him a funny jerkass who gets set up for punchlines but is still an actual threat. Brad Garrett as Lobo was inspired casting too.
>>
File: Livewire escape.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire escape.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Reminder that Maggie Sawyer is a lesbian in the comics and they hinted at it with her girlfriend making an appearance in the show and staying by her side in the hospital.
>>
>>88619454
Best girl.
>>
File: Livewire Parasite.webm (885KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire Parasite.webm
885KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire Parasite2.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire Parasite2.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire Dan kiss.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire Dan kiss.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Livewire prisoners.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire prisoners.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
My view on it has always been quite simple.

Batman vs bad guy. Bad guy draws a knife. Oh shit he could kill him with that.

Superman vs bad guy. Bad guy draws anything other than kryptonite. Well this should be short.

There are villains in superman who can be threatening. Darkseid. Brainiac. But mostly his villains in the series just aren't very threatening. Oh noes lex has another robot. Is it made of kryptonite? No? This should be quick.
>>
File: Plastic Superman.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic Superman.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88618983
>>88618989
>>88619038
>>88619311
>>88619320
>>88619332
>>88619352
hottest Lois ever.
>>
File: magic skirt.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
magic skirt.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 534545311321.jpg (175KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
534545311321.jpg
175KB, 600x393px
>>88619551
Hell yea she was
>>
File: Lois the legs Lane.png (294KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois the legs Lane.png
294KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88618899
Yes I don't know about Superman much butyou still neded 5 sentences to write down an average bat story, while superman really needs one.

In btas stories there are usually a twist, a very good backstory. Stas stories are usually very straightforward. It fits the character but it is simply too simple.
>>
>>88619551
They knew they had to compensate for the lack of different hotties.
>>
>>88618501
>>88604834
Tip it!
>>
>>88619580
"Lois, you're under arrest because that skirt violates all laws of physics".
>>
>>88619551
>Forgetting Erica Durance
For shame
>>
>>88615110
Which is retarded since the movie literally has no fucking consequence even in its own plot it begins and ends
At exactly the same place with virtually nothing learned by anyone
>>
>>88619495
As mediocre as Tims gotten lately I really miss shit like this that was actually subtle h was really god at that shit
>>
>>88618837
to be fair, she hadn't gotten any in like six-9 months at that point because her man was too busy lusting after some earth guy
>>
>>88618899
I'm a supesfag and liked the shiw, but I still wouldn't call the execution of the episodes as great. It was like they hired people who couldn't make Superman interesting and went for the usual Cape stories.
>>
>>88619640
Hello legs.
>>
>>88619369
Not saying it wasn't good, anon, just did do the whole "insight into Joker/Harley relationship" as well as say, "Harley and Ivy". Still an enjoyable episode.
>>
>>88604136
>music by Lolita Ritmanis

so that is still a name people give to their children?
>>
>>88618310
I've always thought they should go with the Red Sun thing more
Like concentrated radiation lazer pistols or something.
>>
>>88619503
>>88619510
>>88619534
>>88619544
>>88619580
>>88619640
Man, they sure could get away with shit back then.
>>
>>88619350
I had a thing for Mercy...
>>
>>88604189
plebed yourself
>>
>>88618156
The stakes are high no matter what, in that situation. What if he mistakes your penis for Evander Holyfield's ear?
>>
DCAU Superman is an extremely boring character. They really played up the boyscout aspect, and his personality was super bland because of it.

I'm not saying he should be Punisher, but maybe act like a more multi faceted person.
>>
File: Superman vs Kangaroo.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Kangaroo.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Superman vs electric ninja.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs electric ninja.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: robot waifu.webm (845KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
robot waifu.webm
845KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Maid_of_Honor.png (98KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Maid_of_Honor.png
98KB, 444x250px
Superman TV Show, Batman, and Justice League had so much hot lesbian dick teasing it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>88613852
Imagine the stink of singed hair.
>>
File: Volcana fire.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Volcana fire.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88619737
>it is simply too simple.

Shoo, back to the kids' table.
>>
File: Volcana.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Volcana.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88620365
>went for the usual Cape stories.

Holy Christ. You never watched the show, did you?
>>
File: Superman puts out a fire.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman puts out a fire.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Supergirl reveal.webm (411KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl reveal.webm
411KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88624489
>his cape billows in the breeze
>her hair doesn't move
I don't think there was any wind that day, Supes is just a show off.
>>
>>88604136
I watched the whole show in a week
Took me 3 months to watch the same amount of episodes of B:TAS

Superman was just much better and had way less boring crappy episodes
>>
>>88624579
Or he's really gassy.
>>
File: Superman vs dudes.webm (866KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs dudes.webm
866KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Superman vs ninjas.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs ninjas.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Lois nighty.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois nighty.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Super Tank.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Tank.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Darkseid kills Turpin.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid kills Turpin.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88624679
Dude, come in through a window, Superman. Fuck. You increased the damages tenfold by busting through a wall like that.
>>
File: Superman rage.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman rage.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: future.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
future.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
File: superman_glass.jpg (20KB, 286x299px) Image search: [Google]
superman_glass.jpg
20KB, 286x299px
>>88624543
>she wears a tiny crop top to hide her secret identity crop top
>>
>>88624798
No one ever complained about collateral damage back then.
>>
>>88624862
Now people cry "MAN OF MURDER" if supes steps on a flower.

Superman has always been a menace that only barely eeks out as a net positive for humanity.
>>
>>88618237

>Pigeon
>not Marquess
>>
File: Lex's flying wing.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lex's flying wing.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Mercy strapped onto a robot.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy strapped onto a robot.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88620561
It's a very popular Latvian name
>>
>>88619495
Plus Clayface was 100% gay in his origin episode.
>>
>>88619311
>those little blush marks

kawaii as fuck
>>
>>88619615
What did Clark mean by this?
>>
File: Lois killer cop.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lois killer cop.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Superman vs attack helicopter.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs attack helicopter.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: gas chamber.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gas chamber.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: execution.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
execution.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88626233
I like the part where Louis' arms spread apart and the look on her face when she realizes she is losing the struggle and is about to be thrown down the stairwell.
>>
File: Maxima.webm (357KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Maxima.webm
357KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Maxima2.webm (251KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Maxima2.webm
251KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Metallo vs Superman2.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo vs Superman2.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Metallo vs Superman3.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo vs Superman3.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Metallo vs Superman4.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metallo vs Superman4.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
>>88626426
>do you think you could introduce me to your cousin
>>
File: Livewire outfits.webm (664KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire outfits.webm
664KB, 640x480px
>>
>>88616433
You son of a bitch! Why you gotta remind me of turpin! The feels!
>>
>>88625948
supergirl was controlling Clark at the time
>>
>>88620561

Awful music if you ask me.
>>
>>88624845
These days people would reveal her identity through comparing pictures of her navel.
>>
File: 1128.png (148KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1128.png
148KB, 720x480px
>>88604136
>>88624543
>>
File: 002.jpg (60KB, 1179x456px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
60KB, 1179x456px
Early concept art
>>
>>88627798
>more 50s Lois

me like
>>
File: 17.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>88627682
>>
File: 03.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>88628002
>>88627682
>>
>>88628051
>she's not really his cousin

>It's not really incest

endgame ship
>>
Why doesn't a MEGA for it's episodes exist?
>>
>>88628125
because torrents do
>>
File: Bt-1.jpg (27KB, 539x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bt-1.jpg
27KB, 539x700px
>>88628051
>>88628002
>>
File: 2 -.jpg (60KB, 429x505px) Image search: [Google]
2 -.jpg
60KB, 429x505px
>>88628344
>>
File: 24.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
>>88627682
>>
File: 1356790711291.jpg (28KB, 372x357px) Image search: [Google]
1356790711291.jpg
28KB, 372x357px
>supesfags ask why a superman series is overlooked when compared to a batman series
>people give their answers
>supesfags get mad and namecall
>>
File: P3.jpg (82KB, 620x788px) Image search: [Google]
P3.jpg
82KB, 620x788px
>>88628002
>>
>>88628373
>>88628344
How many other creators have actually published the porn they made of their characters? Adam Hughes, Bruce Timm, Jeff Moy...
>>
File: Sup.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sup.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>88627798
>>
>>88628344
>>88628373
>>
I don't get how Superman is the boy scout while Batman isn't. Bat's seems like a Boyscouts wet dream with how much he works with the authorities, all the gadgets he has and the sense of community he has with the "batfam". Superman is mostly by himself enacting his own will and usually doesn't give a fuck what people in authority think if he believes he's right.
>>
>>88604189

>Far shittier rogues

Not really. Lex, Braniac, Lobo, Darkseid, Mr Mxy and Bizzaro are all great and more importantly have variety. BTAS rogues were mostly just pulling heists with a gimmick. The only real standouts are Joker and Mr Freeze
>>
>>88629655
Batman only works with the authorities so far as he gives them evidence and tracks down people they can't.

Otherwise, he's constantly breaking the law, doing things that they're not allowed to do, and answerable only to himself.

Meanwhile, Superman has been deputized by the mayor of Metropolis, holds legal authority, always hands crooks over to the authorities, and is willing to hang back and do as the police say most of the time (with some exceptions). He also doesn't beat/torture people for information.
>>
>>88629797
>>88629655

They're both Boyscouts, all heroes are unless they're anti heroes like Punisher
>>
>>88604189
Superman isn't a boy scout though, that's the public perception of him. Certain scenes, like when he out smarts Mister Mxyzptlk, or when he tells Lois his "secret" demonstrate that Supes does have a personality and a sense of humor.
>>
>>88614251
>Too bad we'll never get this and BTAS on blu-ray

WB are morons for not remastering these. They'd make a considerable amount of profit given how big superheroes are these days with the general public.
>>
>>88624972
>that only barely eeks

keep telling yourself that
>>
>>88624972
eke.
>>
>>88624972
Go to bed, Lex.
>>
>>88604698
>What did they do for Superman? Not a fucking thing.

There was an episode where one of the bad guys was an ex Lexcorp engineer who specialized in manipulating light. He turned the sun red, and superman got a cold, and then later on in the episode he cut himself saving for the first time in his life.
>>
>>88604698
>Like first episode Batman gets a cold.

No wonder this show didn't get big until Heart of Ice. That seems like a real lame way to introduce your hero
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLEYy9UTfE
>>
>>88630500
Heart of Ice is the episode where Batman got a cold.
>>
>>88625036
>Marquees
>Not Yung Hee
>>
>>88619538
This.
>>
>>88613786

Bruce Timm likes slow-burn romance and he never closes them. Every time one of his romances are about to getting too close to becoming an actual couple he pull back.

See Batman/Catwoman, Batman/ Wonder Woman and Green Lantern/Hawkgirl.
>>
I can't get into BTAS because new shows spoiled me and BTAS' "monster of the week" format just really shows, compared to something like EMH, JL or Spectacular.
>>
>>88604989
This is a top 10 episode in the DCAU.
>>
All I recall from this show as a kid was wanting to fuck Livewire.
>>
>>88604698
They couldn't do much, but The Man Who Killed Clark Kent is a brilliant example of when they did. Any time they could keep Supes from Suping his way out of a jam (and I can't think of any other examples) was great.

But yeah, it's hard to humanize a guy who's superhuman outside of MUH KENTS.
>>
>>88632907
*The Late Mr. Kent.
>>
>>88632580
>monster of the week
That's the way I like superheroes shows, Story arcs sucks.
>>
>>88613786
Why do I remember Lois kissing Superman in the last episode?
>>
>>88632580
Spectacular was Monster of the Week. as was EMH.
>>
>>88604136
Batman had the sexual tension of his and Robin's relationship to lure in viewers. Superman did not.
>>
>>88618634
>Superman always just punched his way out of the trouble.
...he said while posting a webm from an episode where Superman explicitly couldn't punch the problem away and won by outsmarting the villain.
>>
>>88622524
>DCAU Superman is an extremely boring character. They really played up the boyscout aspect
Did you not watch Justice League?
>>
>>88620132
It also retells the first meeting between Brainiac, Lex and Superman, which was already shown in the series. And despite getting Clancy Brown, they clearly wrote that Lex Luthor more in the spirit of Gene Hackman than the DCAU character.
>>
>>88633131
Superman had plenty of moments of being smart on the show. Why the fuck does everyone remember him as some punch-happy brute?
>>
>>88632988
Both had more overarching plots in the background, like the way Tombstone or Osborn worked in the story, or the whole story arcs with Ultron and the shapeshifter aliens.
>>
>>88605835
>"The Laughing Fish" always seemed to me to be a weak use of the Joker and Harley's relationship
...because it wasn't about that. At all. It was an adaptation of a classic O'Neil/Adams Joker story of the same name, with the coincidentally shark-themed climax of another. Harley didn't get much to do because she wasn't in the original stories, be grateful she got a running gag about hating the taste of fish. Besides that, the ending of the episode gave us our first indication of how truly deep her Mad Love for him ran:
>"C'mon, he was a demented abusive psychotic wackjob."
>"Yeah... I'm really gonna miss him."
>>
>>88618310
They should've used Abra Kadabra for the Flash race episode, he'd even fit in with the sci-fi aesthetic cuz he was a future-wizard.
>>
>>88615228
>dont talk shit about Spider-Man: TAS anon
>i'll fucking fight you

What are you gonna do, tackle me without ever throwing a punch?
>>
>>88619350
Sorry for asking such a casual question, but was she exclusive from the cartoon or does she appear too in the comics? I always thought she was a pretty awesome character.
>>
File: Lois - Teri dress.jpg (47KB, 322x768px) Image search: [Google]
Lois - Teri dress.jpg
47KB, 322x768px
>>88620104
She's not even the hottest live-action TV Lois.
>>
>>88633986
She was originally in the cartoon, IIRC. When they introduced her in the comics, I seem to recall that they kept going back and forth over whether she was an actual Amazon or not.
>>
>>88634031
Thank you for answering, anon. So, she's a migrant to the comics like Harley Quinn?
>>
>>88634116
Yeah.
>>
>>88605304
The show was often a little boring, because the creators themselves clearly weren't too interested in the character. They wanted to write Batman, so the stories often were structured like Batman stories but with some medium superpowers.
>>
>>88633447
They don't remember the show enough to recall details like that.

>>88634018
TRUTH.
>>
>>88615382
It's a little less impressive when he struggles to do everything. He's never super strong, just strong enough. I'd like to see him absolutely overpower some things, to show off.
>>
>>88619538
>Batman vs bad guy. Bad guy draws a knife. Oh shit he could kill him with that.
You're serious, aren't you?

You actually think that would ever happen and Batman's not just gonna beat the fucker within an inch of his life?

Fucking hell, man.

And no, don't say it's possible, you know damn well it isn't. This is Batman, the guy who wins no matter what, the guy who can beat Superman no problem according to some people, no, he is never going to be threatened by some random mook.

He can't even be threatened by fucking Darkseid anymore.

And people want to call Superman overpowered.

>>88619538
>Oh noes lex has another robot. Is it made of kryptonite? No? This should be quick.
You're damn right it should, just like Batman taking out no name mooks.

Superman isn't supposed to be challenged by average threats and street crime, he's supposed to be challenged by other aliens, super robots, space gods and shit.

Come on, people, get some perspective.
>>
>>88618310
There's really a lot of things you can do to threaten Superman, the old comics weren't just kryptonite every single time.
>>
>>88630275
>>88630413
I put to you that a good portion of the "villains" Superman ""rescues"" us from are actually created by Superman's very presence. Furthermore, Superman causes tremendous damage with little regard for property damages when having these tussles, costing us humans billions of dollars annually.
>>
>>88629655
They're mostly the same law-wise, but Superman eventually lost his rebellious edge for patriotism while Batman was the edgy cool anti-hero who didn't take shit from no one after Frank Miller and Tim Burton. It's just their modern perceptions.
>>
>>88635414
Most of Superman's Rogues Gallery were monsters before Superman ever came into the picture. Mongul wouldn't be opening a bakery with Parasite if Superman hadn't shown up. A couple smaller villains had tangential connections to Superman before they became evil, but only in the same way Bruce Wayne met most of the villains before he had to fight them as Batman.
>>
>>88635749
Parasite wouldn't have been flying around using laser beam eyeballs if Superman wasn't there to provide super powers for him. Parasite can't take the ability to shoot bullets or 105mm cannon rounds from a gun or a tank.

Humans took care of their problems before a man in tights started hawking the skies.
>>
>>88635926
Parasite has gotten superpowerful multiple times by just sucking the life force out of many regular people instead of going straight for Superman.
>>
>>88604136
>It's much more consistent imo.
Yes, but the highs don't reach as high. Also, the 90's we not a good time for a hero like Superman
>>
Here is your DCAU rankings from best to worst including movies

Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Justice League Unlimited
Batman the Animated Series
Superman the Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures
Justice League
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Mystery of the Batwoman
Zeta Project
>>
File: photo.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
>>88636613
> batman beyond that low
>>
>>88617700
>Roxie Rocket
that was a Batman villain though
>>
>>88618805
I thought Riddler had some nice episodes and Scarecrow, while a bit forgettable, was from from bad outside of his silly first episode appearance. Bane was a waste though and didn't really improve until the New Adventures with the gimp mask thing and even then he wasn't all that good.
>>
>>88629655
Because Batman has a cold demeanor and is a bit of an asshole.
>>
>>88635414
>Superman causes tremendous damage with little regard for property damages when having these tussles

You've not read enough Superman, in all of his canon iterations to believe that this is even close to accurate.

On the other hand, the DCAU showed any number of heroes (not just Clark) having a disregard for (primarily) property damage, since CN network practices and WB suits above WB Animation would not allow the showing of any civilian casualties. BTAS had this, there was no DCAU show that didn't have this, so you're just full of yourself and what you're full of would kindly be considered BS.
>>
>>88635358
I'm still kind of let down we never got an episode paying homage to that issue where the Prankster used obscure laws to fuck with Superman. Could've doubled as a funny commentary on FCC stipulations for cartoons back then.
>>
>>88638922
What does property damage have to do with civilian casualties and vice versa?
>>
>>88604189
Lex Luthor, Darkseid, and Lobo alone were better than anyone on BTAS outside of Joker and Freeze.
>>
>>88636613
I'm only doing shows.

JLU=Batman Beyond>BTAS=STAS>JLA>New Adventures>Static Shock>Zeta Project
>>
>>88639117
>Implying the creators ever read any superman comics to make quality episodes.
>>
>>88635342
In the animated series, batman is often threatened by random mooks. He doesn't just ignore them like they're not there, they're a threat. Of course he wins, it's his show.

My point was that a lot of the time on superman's show the villains we were supposed to be worried about couldn't hurt superman if he let them try. Oh you have a robot suit? Well supes is still invulnerable so I think he'll be fine.

There are never villains in BTAS who, plot armour aside, cannot hurt batman at all.

When supes faces down a set of mooks with guns, we might as well be watching him brush his teeth for the amount of suspense involved. Batman at least has to dive for cover and throw batarangs. Supes could just pretend they're not there. It's boring.

Now when he's facing off against the big threats, it's good, but they don't do that often enough.
>>
>>88639278
>There are never villains in BTAS who, plot armour aside, cannot hurt batman at

The vast majority of the mooks don't do shit.
>>
>>88604136
Are all the TAS connected to Justice League? Or at least to each other?
>>
>>88639299
Read.

http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Animated_Universe
>>
>>88639316
Thanks
>>
>>88619640
Best gams in the DCAU.
>>
File: Volcana.jpg (281KB, 757x1539px) Image search: [Google]
Volcana.jpg
281KB, 757x1539px
>>88624489
A shame she became a villain again for no reason. In another time, she could of became a member of the Justice League.
>>
File: Smallville Supergirl.jpg (71KB, 320x474px) Image search: [Google]
Smallville Supergirl.jpg
71KB, 320x474px
>>88628051
This is how they dress in Smallville?
>>
>>88639576
It's her home outfit on the farm.
>>
>>88612304
Didn't know it was by the guys who did Akira, however you can see it in >>88613674, never realized how good this shows animation was.
>>
>>88618923
why didn't clark just go with him to the sun?
>>
>>88633421
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Brainiac_Attacks
They didn't even get Clancy Brown to play Luthor in it. Powers Boothe plays him.
>>
>download Superman the Animated Series
>suddenly for the first time in years /co/ has a S:TAS thread
I scared
>>
No one cares about Superman. That's like asking why none of the live action movies are anywhere near as popular as even the worst Batman movie.
>>
I didn't see much of STAS but the inconsistencies in Supermans strength was off putting, even as a child I didn't like stuff like that.
>>
>>88619538
>My view on it has always been quite simple.

That's because you're a retard that is incapable of nuanced thought.
>>
>>88639278
>Now when he's facing off against the big threats, it's good, but they don't do that often enough.

Yeah, I hate to use the "you didn't watch the show" defense, but you clearly haven't. Supes got his ass pounded almost every episode before being able to finish off the villain.
>>
>>88618634
She looks a lot like Jessica Rabbit.
>>
>>88641007
Most people who hate Supes haven't seen any Supes media.
>>
>>88604136
Bruce Timm & Paul Dini openly admit that they don't like Superman.

STAS is only good because of the way it streamlined the Superman mythology, and how well written the villains and supporting cast were.

But Superman himself is inconsistent, and the stories don't have the inventiveness required to make him work. This is why it fails to live up to BTAS.

However, if you read the comic book adaptation which is written by writers like Mark Millar who actually likes Superman and knows how to write him, it's some of the best Superman media ever produced.

Basically, STAS represents wasted potential.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.