[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say he wasn't funny? It's called dry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: jopc.jpg (50KB, 719x518px)
jopc.jpg
50KB, 719x518px
Why do people say he wasn't funny? It's called dry humor, he wasn't a laugh riot but he was certainly cracking jokes practically the whole movie
>>
cracking jokes =/= being funny
>>
>>88583846
>Why do people say he wasn't funny
Where have you seen this? Show examples.
>>
>>88583846
He was funnier than whatever the fuck leto was doing.
>>
>>88584482
AHHHH AHHH AHHH AHHHH
>that cringe moment when you realize Leto probably spend tons of time perfecting his unique "joker laugh" and that is what he chose
>>
>>88584482
Definitely
>>
>>88584459
Lurk moar. People here always say he was a shit Joker because he wasn't funny, but their idea of "funny" roughly translates to he wasn't Batman TAS Joker and didn't use a ton of gag weapons
>>
>>88585629
You're not posting any examples

There's many criticisms I've seen of Ledger Joker but not funny isn't one of them. I've seen too meme-y if anything
>>
File: 1482219134768.jpg (52KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482219134768.jpg
52KB, 400x300px
>>88585629
People here are contrarian idiots.

Ask anybody else, and they will say that they remember these scenes and they were funny.
>>
>>88584548
>>that cringe moment when you realize Leto probably spend tons of time perfecting his unique "joker laugh" and that is what he chose
People talk shit about Ledger Joker but at least Ledger took the time to actually try to create a character based on past iterations of the Joker.
>>
Why doesn't Ledger just kill the-oh wait
>>
>>88585846
His simple response to Gambol's "You think you can just steal from us and walk away?" got a big laugh in the theater back when.
>>
Insulting something that is generally viewed as good allows you to feel superior.

"Ha! You like x? Obviously you're not as smart or sophisticated as I am if you can't see how terrible x is."

It's also a lot easier to say you hate something than say you like something and risk other people mocking that thing you like.
>>
>>88583846
People are wrong, he was hilarious
Then again, I'm an [adult swim] fanboy so maybe the style was catered specifically to shit manchildren like me
>>
>>88583846
He was a great all-around Joker. People on /co/ just want to be contrarian because Joker is so popular. Admittedly Joker is incrdibly overplayed and annoying now, but Ledger was the one who revived his popularity.
>>
>>88585729

not the same guy but you must not have been on 4chan when the movie was new
>>
>>88586135

what really complicates matters is there are genuinely things out there that are only liked because people don't see how terrible they are.
>>
>>88583846

People here hate it because of how absurdly popular his performance and lauded his performance was.
>>
>>88583846
There are plenty of villains that crack dry jokes all day. Which is why his Joker wasn't really a good take on the joker, since he's just any other bargain bin villain in another action movie.
But that said, he was a believable Joker, as in he seemed like a person the would exist, and actually do the things he did, which fit nicely into that universe. I liked his performance, but there was nothing particularly Joker about him, besides the face paint.
>>
>>88583846
I never liked the movies but I don't see how he was not a good Joker

I think the whole dark n' gritty direction of the Nolan movies is what spoiled it all, not the performance of the actors
>>
>need to force police caravan to take underpass
>barricade their original route
>with a firetruck
>that's on fire

I legitimately smile every time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.