[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

original Ghostbusters & 2016 Ghostbusters are teaming up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 32

File: gb_crossover_01-768x1165.jpg (209KB, 768x1165px) Image search: [Google]
gb_crossover_01-768x1165.jpg
209KB, 768x1165px
original Ghostbusters & 2016 Ghostbusters are teaming up

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2016/12/21/new-original-ghostbusters-come-together-in-new-idw-comic-series/

For those that don't want to give the site clicks, I have you covered

>NEW & ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS COME TOGETHER IN NEW IDW COMIC SERIES!

>Holy crap, folks… it’s happening!

>Announced today by IDW Publishings, Ghostbusters 101 will feature a cross dimensional storyline that brings together the original Ghostbusters team with the 2016 crew!

>Ghostbusters 101 #1—GEM OF THE MONTH

>Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a & c)
>“Let’s Do The Space-Warp Again!” Before they began investigating the supernatural, most of the original Ghostbusters were teachers… and they’ve decided it’s time they start sharing their knowledge again. But when their first batch of students start poking around the firehouse and accidentally set in motion the merging of two universes (it’s easier than you’d think) Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore, and Spengler will need all the help they can get to put things right! And who do you think will Answer The Call? (If you guessed Holtzmann, Yates, Tolan, and Gilbert… you get a gold star!) It’s a brand new inter-dimensional meeting of the minds, starting here!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

>Ghostbusters 101 #1—Subscription Variant
>Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) • Tim Lattie (c)
>FC • 32 pages • $3.99

>Ghostbusters 101 #1—Erica Henderson Variant
>Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) • Erica Henderson (c)
>FC • 32 pages • $3.99
>>
File: idw_101_cover_01-768x1165.jpg (184KB, 768x1165px) Image search: [Google]
idw_101_cover_01-768x1165.jpg
184KB, 768x1165px
>>88579713
>Bullet points:
>– Straight outta the 2016 film, the Answer the Call Ghostbusters make their comic book debut! Abby, Patty, Erin and Holtzmann join forces with Winston, Egon, Ray and Venkman for some bombastic ghostbustin’ insanity!
>– Written and illustrated by the fan-favorite and critically-acclaimed creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado.
>– Featuring the first of six-interconnected covers by Schoening and Delgado.
>– Retailer incentive covers feature photos of the Original and ATF Ghostbusters casts!

>Ghostbusters 101 kicks off in March 2017!

I can see it being better than the new movie, still hate the characters though. However Paul Feig and the team that worked on the movie aren't involved, so that's at least a plus
>>
>>88579713
Given the IDW team's love of crossing over Ghostbusters stuff far better than Sony ever could given their designs on a shared cinematic ghostbusters world, I both expected and am okay with this despite having no strong feelings about the new movie which I have not seen yet.

My only concern is the 2016 team's equipment has been shown to be capable of fully dispersing entities which the comics narrative has established as having far reaching consequences during the Ghost Smashers arc.

Unless the rules work slightly differently from world to world.
>>
As long as they're from their own universe, fine.
>>
>>88579785
>Unless the rules work slightly differently from world to world.
That's an interesting theory that could be explored well explored in this crossover
>>
>>88579760
That middle dude on the cover looks like Roland.

Are they finally bringing in the rest of the XGBs?
>>
>>88579815
That's what the solicits seem to indicate, it seems that the Ghostbusters are just crossing with another alternate universe/timeline

On that it's cool that they are really delving into the sci-fi with the Ghostbusters comics allowing for cross overs with The Real Ghostbusters and the TMNT as well
>>
>>88579713
Until we have new GB comics I'm happy
>>
File: idw_101_cover_02.jpg (120KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
idw_101_cover_02.jpg
120KB, 600x911px
>>88579854
I think that middle dude is Zeddemore
>>
>they cancelled International for this
>>
>>88579713

Well, I guess this is where I stop buying the comic, and I've been on it since the first issue. Fuck, I even put up with shit like The Other Side and Displaced Aggression.

But this is where I stop.
>>
>>88579947
Dude International was always supposed to be a mini series. It was something as a holder until the main series was allowed to continue again, just like this cross over is
>>
>>88579908

No, it's Roland. He has the same haircut and outfit.

This mini is about the Ghostbusters going back to teaching college students, and that's where Roland came from in Extreme, so it seems like the time to introduce him.
>>
>>88579760
>still hate the characters though
Hey, now. Patty and Holtzmann were alright.
>>
>>88579713
I'm okay with this. I feel like the plot structure and overreliance on references to the original were the worst part of ATC, and the characters were likeable enough, so I'm happy enough seeing them written by the IDW team.
>>
>>88579908
Naw, I know how Schoening draws Ernie Hudson.

That dude looks different and appears to have Roland's hairstyle.
>>
>>88579760
>the Answer the Call Ghostbusters
So has that "Answer the Call" tagline been retroactively adopted as the name of the reboot?
>>
>>88580032
>the characters were likable enough
No they weren't

Maybe Leslie Jones's one quarter of the time
>>
>>88579984
I thought International WAS the ongoing renamed. It only ran half as many issues as the first two volumes though, I'll grant.
>>
>>88580026
I mean if you like the characters in the new movie power to you, but I found all of them quite awkward and overly trying to be funny and I found myself not even laughing at any moment in the movie
>>
>>88580026
Holtzmann is a fucking walking meme, nothing she does really makes sense.
>>
>>88580052
Well, that's what the DVD release is called, so yes.
>>
File: GhostbustersExtremeTeamUp.jpg (414KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersExtremeTeamUp.jpg
414KB, 800x490px
>>88580010
>>88580033
Well now that I have looked up pictures of Roland it seems pretty plausible we could be getting a bit super team-up in secret
>>
>>88580119
Well the book already has Kylie as a regular and Eduardo showed up once or twice, now all we need is Garrett.
>>
>>88579947
That's the third time the ongoing has ended, man.
>>
>>88580471

How can it be an on going if it keeps ending?
>>
>>88580589
They treat each mini arc they do as a separate book.
>>
>>88580589
They do the book in volumes.
>>
>>88580026
>Patty

Wow. No.
>>
>>88579815
>As long as they're from their own universe, fine.

This. IDW's proven they can make turds into gold, maybe they can pull off a miracle here.
>>
>>88579760
Yes, it is Roland. He already appeared in the Get Real mini. Not a fan of the new GB, but I really enjoy the IDW series, the characters dynamics are great.
>>
>>88579713
Oh, that's nice.

The new characters get a chance to not be terrible.

Their ONLY chance, since plans for a GB film series build around them crashed and burned.
>>
>>88580026
Patty was decent, but Holtzmann was their to make quips and be quirky for the sake of being quirky.
>>
>>88579713
Gotta say that I'm digging the BTTF II homage here.
>>
>>88579713
It's like IDW wants to lose sales.
>>
>>88581112
Ghostbusters already sells really badly.
>>
>>88581112
Its like IDW does what it wants with these stories and I've enjoyed them so far.

Speaking of which, has anyone storytimed the end of International?
>>
Never read any of the comics. Is there a reading order list? Don't really care if some are good or bad, wanna see for myself, just want to know what order shit came out.

Come to think of it, haven't seen either of the cartoons either. All I've seen are the first two movies and played the PS360 game. Only heard good things about them, save for Xtreme being a bit too 90s at times but I don't think that'll bother me. Should probably get on to watching them. Should I watch them before I try reading any of the comics?
>>
File: IDW Ghostbusters Reading Guide.jpg (462KB, 2048x1325px) Image search: [Google]
IDW Ghostbusters Reading Guide.jpg
462KB, 2048x1325px
>>88581310
Comics are based on the continuity of the movies and the PS360 Game. That's all you need to know going in and its pretty good.

Have a reading guide
>>
>>88579760
The proportions look off.

>>88581310
Or by original issue title:

Ghostbusters (2011)
The New Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters/TMNT
Ghostbusters Get Real
Ghostbusters International

I specified 2011 since IDW published a few earlier miniseries while finding their feet. They're not canon to the main line but there's a multiverse.
>>
>56 issues of good Ghostbusters and counting
What a time to be alive
>>
>>88581310
>Should I watch them before I try reading any of the comics?
no but you should watch them at some point
>>
>Fembusters
>>
>>88579713
Hrm. Well, color me conflicted. I've loved all of the Ghostbusters crossovers, but my staunch refusal to support that shallow, poorly-written cash-grab that was GB2016 makes me not want to buy this.

That said, this sounds like what the new Ghostbusters movie should have been in the first place, and I certainly don't doubt that Burnham can write a better female 'buster team better than the movie. But still... eh. I would have rather seen them try something new.
>>
>>88581933
Maybe using the Fembusters was a mandate from on high.
>>
>>88581310
>Never read any of the comics. Is there a reading order list? Don't really care if some are good or bad
They're all good, anon. The Ghostbusters comic hardly gets talked about here, which is how you can tell it's pretty solid.
>>
>>88581373
>Have a reading guide
Have a mega folder: https://mega.nz/#F!qhkjmLJA!9Zi7Hznxa1-r5y9wA3VuNA
>>
>>88579760
>>– Straight outta the 2016 film,
Jesus christ
>>
File: Legion1Regularcover.png (554KB, 424x656px) Image search: [Google]
Legion1Regularcover.png
554KB, 424x656px
Legion was a great feel. Also preferred the art style of this comic to Luis Antonio Delgado's. I just can't get into Delgado's style at all.
>>
File: feminists oppose me.gif (862KB, 397x223px) Image search: [Google]
feminists oppose me.gif
862KB, 397x223px
ITT: Virgin manbabies weep over a movie that came out six months ago.

Salt my popcorn with your tears.
>>
>>88582169
It was a fail and then Trump was elected. Who cry now?
>>
>>88581373
They also have a ton of easter eggs and references to the cartoons as well as introducing characters like Kylie, Eduardo and loads of rgb ghosts into the movie continuity.

Also this chart is missing the stack of idw miniseries & one-shots that predate burnhams ongoing. There's some good little stories in there that get overlooked.

At first I was in horror of this announcement, recalling GB2016's subpar, cringey humor and weak story but then I figured this is the best writer ghostbusters has had outside of Aykroyd & Ramis.

You can just forget the reboot ever happened, disregard actors like Mccarthy & Jones and enjoy it as a genderbent parallel world crossover like the TMNT one, if the writing's good I'll like it as a one off story. Plus they're setting up XGB so that's a good reason to pick up if ever there was one.
>>
>>88582237
>a genderbent parallel world crossover like the TMNT one

There's a genderbent parallel TMNT universe?
>>
>>88579713
I still haven't seen the 2016 reboot, and I'm not planning on it any time soon. I think I'll wait until after this crossover is done to see if IDW can make me fond enough of the characters to get mad at the movie for ruining them.
>>
File: Unpopular Opinion.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
Unpopular Opinion.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
Finally saw the film.
Female Winston was the best part of movie. Female Egon was easily by and far the absolute worst in every way imaginable. Female lead (I wanna say the female Peter but she was nothing like him) had a couple good jokes but mostly fell flat.

Overall crap film but I've seen far worse. Good writers could salvage the comic.
>>
>IDW somehow makes these annoying bullshit characters likable.

I feel like if anyone is able to pull it off, it's IDW. Just keep them in their own universe and don't already start making plans on giving them their own comic. Wait for the response to your take on them first.

Also, on a side note. Where the fuck is my Ghostbusters vs the Army Of Darkness?!?
>>
>>88581462
>I specified 2011 since IDW published a few earlier miniseries while finding their feet. They're not canon to the main line

Actually, Displaced Aggression is still canon.

The punk chick from it is mentioned in one of those "case file" backups.
>>
>>88582268
Well I meant the normal TMNT crossover they did a year back . Just saying the female crossover might be like that and the time they met their cartoon versions in Get Real. They've already introduced a multiverse in GB so I'm not really against them seeing if the fembusters work better in this form.
>>
>>88582330
>Just keep them in their own universe and don't already start making plans on giving them their own comic.
That seems like a contradiction. How are they supposed to be in their own universe but not have their own comic? Are they just supposed to be a monthly back-up story?

If anything, the movie should have always been in the same universe as the original. Although you could make the point that having the Fembusters need to follow in the footsteps of the original Ghostbusters sort of invalidates them a bit. But then again, if they wanted to empower women with their story, they should have just created their own fucking movie idea in the first place.

If IDW was going to do an alternate universe version of female Ghostbusters, I would have liked to see them do it as a completely original idea, instead of being beholden to any of the shit the 2016 movie squeezed out. But I suppose that ship has sailed.
>>
>>88582443
>Just keep them in their own universe and don't already start making plans on giving them their own comic.

>Wait for the response to your take on them first.

Please read my whole post. If the fans don't like it, then forget about them, never bring them up again. If the fans do like it then give them their own spin off series.
>>
>>88582443
>How are they supposed to be in their own universe but not have their own comic? Are they just supposed to be a monthly back-up story?

They're supposed to do the same with them that they've been doing with the RGB: Only use them for crossover stories

The IDW Ghostbusters sales can't actually support a second book.
>>
>>88579886
Whatever happened to that martian ghost?
>>
>>88582477
I did read your whole post. You want IDW to see what the fan's reaction to them is without them getting their own book, or being crossed over into the main book. Do you mean you want them to do a mini series? Because that kind of counts as them getting their own book.

>>88582478
>Only use them for crossover stories
Except anon said that they should stay in their own universe. It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>88582481
Which one, the Mars Attacks one? Cause that one happened in the Real Ghostbusters universe. Infestation happened in the '84 Ghostbusters universe.
>>
>>88582614
How can your reading comprehension skills be that bad? I'm for this crossover, I'm saying they should use this to see how the fans react to them.
>>
>>88582311
I think in general there's a potential there, but it's marred by bad decisions made for the film. Burnham and IDW have generally done a good job with the Ghostbusters so far so I'd trust them with anything Ghostbusters over Feig or Pascal.
>>
>>88579713
why the fuck would anybody want the fucking Cisbusters
>>
>>88582705
It's IDW, I could shit on the a piece of paper, hand it to them, and they'd somehow turn it into the Great Gatsby.
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-017.jpg (3MB, 3976x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-017.jpg
3MB, 3976x3056px
>>88582237
Yeah they even established multiple universes through the TMNT/GB crossover, and the GB/Real GB crossover. So I wasn't surprised when they announced the GB1984/GB2016 crossover.
>>
>>88582642
I don't think you understand how your "keep them in their own universe" remark contradicts being "pro-crossover". They have to crossover to crossover.
>>
>>88582759
>Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Ghostbusting
It's... it's beautiful.
>>
>>88582759
Oh, hey. Are the ones with the helmets supposed to be based on the first draft of the script?
>>
>>88582782
They exist in their own universe, this crossover involves them crossing into the separate universe. I do not want to see them constantly jumping back and forth without any good reason.
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-005.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-005.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88579854
>>88580119
It's definitely Roland. Like >>88580209 said Kylie's been a supporting character in the book (she was hired by Ray to run his occult bookstore and then usually joins the team on missions) and Eduardo was seen subbing at the bookstore for Kylie whenever she's on one of the missions.

Plus we do see the Extreme Ghostbusters as an alternate universe in Get Real. I wouldn't be surprised if they crossover with the GB1984 universe.
>>
>>88582759
>Filmation Ghostbusters

absolutely based
>>
>>88582828
Could be. It's also based on the initial ideas for casting, with Eddie Murphy and John Belushi (whom the script was originally written for along with Aykroyd). They also have Michael Keaton as Egon here based on that rumor that Keaton was in the running for being cast, but Keaton actually confirmed he wasn't.
>>
>>88582478
>The IDW Ghostbusters sales can't actually support a second book.
For the most part, IDW Ghostbuster sales can't support ONE book.
>>
>>88582759
>Filmation Ghost Busters
Holy shit.
>>
>>88582901
Fair enough.
>>
>>88582782
Anon, it's not that hard a concept
I'm not even OP and I think you're being unbelievably dense
>>
>>88582901
I think they'll do a big crossover, then do stealth crossovers, like they did with the Real Ghostbusters crossover. There was the Get Real miniseries, then Ramis Egon went missing in Ghostbusters International, and they get the idea to travel to the Real Ghostbusters universe to get Blonde Egon's help. It seemed unannounced.
>>
>>88582759
HA! Bottom left has the cartoon pilot.
>>
>>88583048
Anon didn't say that he was okay with the crossover. He literally said "keep them in their own universe", which implies he does not want to see a crossover, when he actually meant the opposite, apparently.
>>
>>88582237
>>88582330
>>88582443

I think it could also be possible after the crossover, that they introduce counterparts to the 2016 characters in the main book. The IDW series already has counterparts to Extreme GB characters and they also had Roger (who happened to look sort of like Real GB Egon) as a boyfriend for Janine. But Roger obviously isn't Egon and the Extreme GB characters in IDW might not have the same history as the show's.
>>
>>88583355
>An alt universe where aged versions of the main Ghostbusters are the stars of 2016 Ghostbusters.

>An alt universe where the main Ghostbusters started during the 2016 movie.

>An alt universe where the Fembusters are the stars of classic busters.

Wouldn't be against this, it brings up many what if scenarios.
>>
>>88582759
>Sanctum of Slime
>Pachinko
>Cartoon pilot
>First draft script
>Genesis/Mega Drive
>New Ghostbusters II
>Not sure but I want to say the PS2/Wii game
>Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
>Filmation Ghostbusters
>Tokyo ESP
>Peoplebusters

Okay that last one in the bottom right I'm not sure on. I wanted to say "The Real Ghostbusters" but they don't look how I remembered them. Granted I did not see many episodes. Did the look of the characters change depending on what company animated the episodes?
>>
>>88583449
RGB gives an Alt Universe where the movie was based off their fight with Gozer

I say an Alt with 2016 occurring in 1984 continued universe could have worked.

New York Mandela effected the whole walking statue of liberty. And just think the city movies it there save for the four ladies that still belive because they witnessed the event from different perspectives.
>>
>>88583355
Just make them all comedians like IRL
>>
>>88583471
It's the later seasons of the Real Ghostbusters (I think when they put Slimer's name on the title), they changed the designs significantly.
>>
>>88579713
I'm pretty sure I can do this on LEGO Dimensions too.
>>
>>88580026
Chris Hemworth's character was the only one who got laughs from me.
>>
File: Slimer&TheBeanstalk01.jpg (163KB, 598x459px) Image search: [Google]
Slimer&TheBeanstalk01.jpg
163KB, 598x459px
>>88583471
>>88583777
No wait, I was wrong, it was in the Slimer shorts:

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Slimer!

As you can see in this image from http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Slimer_%26_the_Beanstalk Venkman looks like that version.
>>
File: XGB.png (541KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
XGB.png
541KB, 640x480px
>>88582936
>I wouldn't be surprised if they crossover with the GB1984 universe.
Ghostbusters Get Extreme when?
>>
>>88583471
Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters, their designs from the slimer focused shorts.
>>
>>88579713

Let it die. The franchise is dead and they can take their agenda with it.
>>
>>88584087
>The franchise is dead

Should've been reading the comics instead
>>
>>88582759
>Filmation's Ghostbusters just shoved in there

SAVAGE
>>
I didn't catch onto the Ghostbusters comic until recently and bought the two big hardcovers, how long did they take to release after the single issues? I'm picking up International but I would really like a third HC to look nice with the other two.
>>
File: E37.png (467KB, 839x632px) Image search: [Google]
E37.png
467KB, 839x632px
>>88583944
Hopefully at some point, then they'd have the IDW versions meet those cartoon counterparts.

Also don't forget the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon is a continuation of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon (Egon's still blonde), so what happened in those episodes won't neccesarily be the same future for the IDW versions.
>>
>>88580026
Holtzmann sucked, most of her screentime was making funny faces at the camera
>>
>>88582630
Mars Attacks. I can't tell if it was a sequel hook or I need to read further.
>>
>>88584549
Kylie already exists in the comics. However, it'd be cool for her to meet her animated counterpart.
>>
>>88586319
So far they haven't brought it back (and probably less likely to because the Ghostbusters license and the Mars Attacks license have separate owners I think). I mean if they do another Real Ghostbusters/Mars Attacks crossover then you'll see it, but I doubt it.
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-008.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-008.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88586633
>Kylie already exists in the comics.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said the IDW versions meet those cartoon counterparts. I meant both the IDW movie cast and the IDW Extreme versions meet their Extreme counterparts. In fact they kind of hinted it in that Get Real crossover where IDW Kylie "finishes" Extreme Kylie's sentence and asks if there's possibly counterparts of her and Janine as well.
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-009.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Get Real 002-009.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88586757
>>
I'm somehow okay with this.
Probably because it distances the original GB and NuGB universes as their own seperate things.
>>
File: 1477243393694.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1477243393694.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
I'm hyped
>>
>>88579713
Yay, best Ghostbusters getting a comic!
>>
Anybody got a download for the Real Ghostbusters crossover and the TMNT crossover? I missed the storytimes.
>>
>>88586851
The problem with the 2016 had more to do with the arrogance involved and in turn affected the movie itself (ie Feig's decision to avoid any assistance from Reitman, or the anti-fan marketing push by journalists and others trying to prop it up: see what happened with James Rolfe when he said he wasn't going to see the film). Ghostbusters fans would've known there were female Ghostbusters (Janine and Kylie in the cartoons, and the team in the IDW comic). I mean yeah, there were people who got upset that there were female Ghostbusters, but those fans were as stupid as the people trying to push the reboot as some sort of accomplishment for feminism.

I think since this book won't have Feig or Pascal making bad decisions we'll see if Burnham and others can eliminate the bad decisions but keep the potentially good parts. I just hope they don't pull a Marvel where they diminish the main characters to prop up the new, but that didn't really happen when new characters showed up in the IDW verse, so I'm not that worried.
>>
>>88582759

I guess the NOW Comics versions were too close to the RGB.
>>
>>88587306
>see what happened with James Rolfe when he said he wasn't going to see the film)

I remember that shit. Most of the headlines for the half day that was news had the word "manchild" in there somewhere.
>>
>>88587317
I wonder if they'll incorporate any of the NOW stuff. Also their adaptation of Ghostbusters 2 actually used the Real Ghostbusters, so you could imagine that one as canonical to the Real Ghostbusters.
>>
>>88587182
>>88582077
>>
File: Bankrupt.jpg (112KB, 769x636px) Image search: [Google]
Bankrupt.jpg
112KB, 769x636px
let's just hope this doesn't fuck IDW up the ass
>>
How do I view the cbr. and cbz. files?
>>
File: 1480714521372.png (220KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
1480714521372.png
220KB, 723x642px
>>88587477
>He thinks a single bad book can tank a comic company
If that were the case Marvel and DC should've been died ten times over by now, hell IDW should be dead ten times over by now with all their Hasbro books alone.
>>
>>88587477
Oh, I completely forgot the new movie got a game. Come to think of it I think someone in the Doom general over on /vr/ got their hands on the models of the weapons and was gonna try to make a new Ghostbusters wad with them since shit like a "Proton Shotgun" seemed like a nice mix of Doom and Ghostbusters.
>>
>>88587516
Download CDisplay.
>>
>>88579785

I do hope this is addressed because it really pissed me off in the movie. Felt like they thought they really needed a over the top cool action scene and fuck the science they half assed the entire movie.
>>
>>88582759
>Chibi anime-esque Ghostbusters
>vidya ghostbusters
>Fucking Filmation Ghostbusters
>60s cartoon Ghostbutsers

Nice

Who are the ones above the chibi ones supposed to be?
>>
>>88579713

So how long till Crisis of Infinite Ghostbusters? Because you know that shit will go down.
>>
>>88587516
>>88587623

You can also rename them as .rar or .zip files and extract the images.
>>
>>88587735
Yes but download a reader is better imo
>>
>>88587729
>Who are the ones above the chibi ones supposed to be?

The Ghostbusters from the Sanctum of Slime game.
>>
>>88587729

The ones on the far left?

That's Sanctum of Slime
>>
File: local man refuses to see movie.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
local man refuses to see movie.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>88587388
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Get Real 003-010.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Get Real 003-010.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88587731
I'd say that's an inevitability. They've already shown the Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters universes. And Sanctum of Slime was already shown in GB: Get Real not just in >>88582759 but also as one of the universes Proteus' hound traveled through in search of the Real GB. And of course there's the crossover with 2016 GB announced.
>>
>>88587388
i never been happier with a mediocre reception than then, sayeth that tho.

i will read this, it was way more capable people workin on it, that's for sure.
>>
>>88587944
Also that crossover lists the Sanctum of Slime world as "near future" which actually corresponds with what the main IDW series has been doing:

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostbusters:_Sanctum_of_Slime#Influences
>>
>>88587944
I thought Sanctum of Slime was set after the PS360 game? You know, the one where during the credits Venkman talks about franchising the Ghostbusters out to different cities. Which in SoS you play as one of those different teams.
>>
>>88579713
I know the movie was terrible, but the IDW ghostbusters stuff has been pretty good, so what will happen?
>>
File: MelanieOrtiz04.jpg (104KB, 491x556px) Image search: [Google]
MelanieOrtiz04.jpg
104KB, 491x556px
Goddammit.

I guess it was only a matter of time before the comic got drug down by this 2016 shit but I still was hoping they could put it off.

I suppose silver lining it's not like it can get worse and Burnham will probably be able to do okay he's written some good fembusters.

Who are sadly probably just going to be more overshadowed by this bs
>>
>>88579947

Above all else I will give them credit and saying they did not CANCEL anything for this.

Burnham is very good about keep the story tied to arcs and the international arc just ended is all.

>>88579975

Im gonna give them a fair chance. The comics have built up too much good cred for me NOT to give them a fair chance. Especially since it seems like it's just gonna be a mini and won't run for more than 4 issues like the others.

Ill probably pass on the trade though
>>
IDW is sort of an 'Ultimate Ghostbusters'.

Given that, we're probably getting new, alternate version of the 2016 cast instead of a real crossover.
>>
>>88590272
Did you read the parts of the article the OP quoted? It is a crossover.
>>
File: international.jpg (113KB, 423x642px) Image search: [Google]
international.jpg
113KB, 423x642px
>>88590463

Well I think his point is that the comic version will be a loose spin on the new movie and (hopefully) be generally better

though my big concern is the actual comic lady busters getting overshadowed for this crap.

Mel and Kylie are great and fit right in with the main book so the appeal of girls on the team has long since been moot
>>
>>88579815
this was the only why i could watch the movie

"its set in its own universe"
>>
>There was a fucking Mars Attack crossover

Is there anything they won't crossover with?
>>
>>88587388
Rolfe's opinions were completely justified.
>>
>>88592823
Well, we got X-Files, RGB, and TMNT, so probably not.
>>
>Can’t wait for sexist comic book fans to throw a fit over this

wow, it's this kind of comment that brings forth negativity.
>>
>>88579713
Nobody wants this. Take it away.
>>
>>88579713
Cool style
>>
>>88594784
Didn't the team have three women in it at one point and nobody cared?
>>
>>88583808
Jesus, why? He was the worst thing about the movie. He was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>88582759
>fucking Rock 'n Wrestling
>>
>>88593176

He was certainly well justified but he's not based for not wanting to see a shitty movie. Making a big deal of it either way was fucking retarded.

Yeah it was stupid for SJW's to rain down on him but it's just as asinine for him and his supporters to act like he's being based for it.
>>
File: smashers.jpg (272KB, 694x382px) Image search: [Google]
smashers.jpg
272KB, 694x382px
>>88595597

It had SIX women at one point and nobody cared
>>
>>88597109
Oh man those were hot
>>
>>88597121

The blond is Ray's girlfriend now. And also a ghost Ray seems more turned on than when she wasn't
>>
>>88597160
GHOST BLOWJOB
>>
>>88597089

That's just it, isn't it?

If SJWs didn't start a hate campaign against him for it, then nobody would have seen him as "being based". He'd just be a guy who'd made a video that amounts to "I'm not watching this shitty movie and that's final."

But we don't live in that universe.
>>
>>88597231
>If SJWs didn't start a hate campaign against him for it, then nobody would have seen him as "being based".

yes they would have. He didn't have to comment about the film at all but he did so because he knew, he fucking knew how it would make him look.

Seriously who the fuck makes a video to say they're NOT doing a review? That's asinine. It barely deserves so much as as tweet.
>>
>>88597193
Which predates that all the way back to 1984 when it was something from the movie.
>>
>>88587477
Story is it wasn't even a Ghostbuster game to start with. They just tweaked and reskinned a existing in production game.
>>
>>88597327

Rolfe had established himself as a huge fan of Ghostbusters well before the remake was announced. It was reasonable to expect him to voice his opinions and concerns about it. That's pretty much what he does for a living. His declaring not to see it was a perfectly reasonable thing to announce to his fanbase that might have otherwise expected a review and quite frankly a very adult approach to the situation given his strong feelings.
>>
File: 1470346660857.jpg (1MB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1470346660857.jpg
1MB, 2000x1126px
>Yahoo's 50 best movies of 2016
>Ghostbusters at #50
It use to be 40 last year but they wanted to shoehorn GB2016 into the list. 40 is still overkill, keep that shit at 10. The list is shit too with movies I never heard because of "muh progressivism" or documentaries

>Yahoo's worst movies of 2016
>Suicide Squad at #4
Still salty I see.

And the rest because of slideshow
>Top 50
>Sausage Party #47
>Finding Dory #45
>Doctor Strange #41
>Rouge One #35
>The Jungle Book #29
>Kubo and the Two Strings #23
>Captain America: Civil War #20
>Moana #10
>Deadpool #8
>Zootopia #5

>Alice 2 and Ninja Turtles 2 MIA

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/50-best-movies-2016-slideshow-wp-132637741.html
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/worst-movies-2016-slideshow-wp-133603363.html
>>
>>88579713
This is literally their chance to dump it and try to rebuild towards getting a movie that people will enjoy.

This is a waste of time.
>>
>>88597327
That's an asinine complaint. He did the video because he was a big Ghostbusters fan and people kept asking him if he was going to see the reboot. He said he wasn't going to and gave reasons why. Plus on top of that, he was going to do videos of other Ghostbusters stuff. So it'd be glaring in its omission and he'd have to address that.

The reasons he gave for not seeing the film, a competent person could've argued against. Instead all the kinds of things I've seen on Twitter from alleged professionals was shots at him, shots at his wife, and so on. And that was what led the /tv/ crowd to call him based, because they knew they could get the Ghostbusters2016 defenders riled up some more.
>>
>>88598016
>This is a waste of time.

This isn't a movie, why would that matter?
>>
>>88598055
Because the other crossovers were pretty neat ideas of mashing up different franchises that have actual fans

IDW is going pretty full out with Revolutions bringing them all together as when was the last time anyone said "Hey, why doesn't MASK get an ongoing?"

The movie was terrible, why is this anything but a sign of guilt and forced obligations?
>>
>>88597827
>rouge one
>>
>>88581989

They're basically doing gimmick crossovers and shit to support the comic now so it probably was the next idea they could think of as to what to do to get a new mini green lit.
>>
>>88598166
The one with the bat, y'know?
>>
>>88588016
It is. The PS360 game is canonical to the IDW comics (the Rookie showed up in some of the comics and Chevy Chase Ghostbuster is sent to his location) and >>88588007 shows that they tried to imply that Sanctum of Slime is in the future timeline for the IDW comics.

It's possible that it's both alternate reality and possible future in the way that something like DC 1 Million was.
>>
>>88598125
Revolutions is likely Hasbro wanting to get people ready when they do the Hasbro Cinematic Universe.

>The movie was terrible, why is this anything but a sign of guilt and forced obligations?

It could be, but this is a comic that threw in references to Sanctum of Slime and showed the "Slimer!" parts of the later seasons of Real Ghostbusters as an alt reality.
>>
>>88597560
>Rolfe had established himself as a huge fan of Ghostbusters well before the remake was announced.

Yeah you know else was a huge fan? FUCKING, EVERYBODY!
>>
>>88597327
>guy has a number of fans
>fans know guy is a fan of a franchise
>franchise is getting a new movie
>guy makes a little video letting his fans know he's not going to see the movie and his reasons so please don't ask him his opinion on it
>no yelling, little to no profanity, etc just him being calm and rational
>>
>>88598609
How is Sanctum of Slime?
>>
>>88579713

Worst selling comic in history coming up?
>>
>>88599349
Terrible. One of the worst purchases I made in my life. I bought it thinking "oh sweet, new Ghostbusters game!" and it's barely even that.
>>
>>88599349
That's the 4-player co-op where the Ghostbusters were using protonpacks against living people in a mental asylum, wasn't it?

It was shit
>>
>>88599310
He's a chill fucking guy with no reason to get totally bent out of shape about it.
>>
>>88579713
Praying to god this leads to 2016 Solo Series.
>>
>>88601780
Nah, fembusters is trash.
>>
File: yfw.jpg (69KB, 650x357px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
69KB, 650x357px
>>
File: yfw2.jpg (70KB, 650x404px) Image search: [Google]
yfw2.jpg
70KB, 650x404px
>>
File: yfw3.jpg (47KB, 650x331px) Image search: [Google]
yfw3.jpg
47KB, 650x331px
>>
File: yfw4.jpg (65KB, 650x541px) Image search: [Google]
yfw4.jpg
65KB, 650x541px
>>
>>88602604
Am i a racist for seeing this one coming?
>>
>>88598055
>>88598125

This could also very well be a Sony mandate. The licensors often tell IDW what they want to see in their comics (Hasbro has a lot of input on what has to show up in their Transformers and Joe comics).

Sony may have said "You HAVE to promote the 2016 Ghostbusters. Figure it out" and Burnham and the rest don't have any choice.
>>
File: the-ghostbusters-1975-title.jpg (38KB, 830x547px) Image search: [Google]
the-ghostbusters-1975-title.jpg
38KB, 830x547px
>>88602604

Has anyone ever actually tried to WATCH the live action Ghostbusters TV series from the 1970s?
>>
>>88602654
Maybe they'll turn out to be she-demons that the real Ghostbusters then bust.
>>
>>88602654
It was Reitman and Ghost corps that wanted the crossover happen.
>>
File: dv9Ov.png (461KB, 843x483px) Image search: [Google]
dv9Ov.png
461KB, 843x483px
>>88602716
I did. Every Saturday morning when I was a kid.
Pic related, it's me.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.