[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anything exist between comics and literature? like a literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

Does anything exist between comics and literature?

like a literature that uses too much pictures and comics that are too wordy.

Like an hybrid.
>>
>>88578794
Children's books.
>>
Bendis with a shitty artist
>>
>>88578812
thanks.

anything that is more mature?
>>
>>88578827
No
>>
Phoebe Gloeckner's work?
>>
>>88578827
Illustrated prose novels I guess? Typicall for children but I've seen plenty of adult-oriented ones.

On the more comic-leaning front I've got a Dark Forces "graphic novel" that alternates between full pages of text and full-page illustrations.
>>
>>88578867
was planning on doing something too wordy for a comic and too pictorial for a book.
that's why I posted an anime magazine.
>>
File: 300px-Narutocosplay.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Narutocosplay.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>88578794
>tee hee I'm sneaking anime into /co/ under the guise of a harmless thread

Brandon-kun please go
>>
>>88578794
Stardust
>>
>>88578794
Some pulp magazines had accompanying illustrations, but weren't really too heavy on that.

Jim Steranko's "Chandler - Red Tide" is probably the closest to what you're looking for.
>>
File: Lore-Comic-Book-Cover1.jpg (45KB, 450x706px) Image search: [Google]
Lore-Comic-Book-Cover1.jpg
45KB, 450x706px
>>88578794
I guess Lore by Ashley Wood and TP Louise. It switches back and forth between illustrated novel and traditional comic as the story progresses.
>>
>>88578794
There are illustrated novels, although those tend to mostly be children's books. Light novels out of Japan will occasionally throw in a splash page of art featuring the scene, and sometimes you'll get something similar it (generally young adult) novels, but that's probably a bit less than what you are looking for.

>comics that are too wordy
Most modern superhero comics?

>>88578827
>anything that is more mature?
Not really. Most of the time, the illustration is there for people who would have difficulty understanding the scene - i.e. small children. Plus, a child's book is considerably smaller. It is going to be easier to illustrate every page of a 20-page book than a 600-page novel, after all.
>>
watchmen comes to mind, with those articles an' supplementals
>>
>>88578827
Diary of the Wimpy Kid is more mature Than picture books
>>
File: The-Stalking-page-3.jpg (239KB, 700x1023px) Image search: [Google]
The-Stalking-page-3.jpg
239KB, 700x1023px
>>88578794
“Death Strikes at Midnight and Three” by Denny O'Neil and Marshall Rogers may be what you're looking for.
>>
>>88578827
A Young adult novel adapted from a movie or vice versa?
>>
File: Opening-Spread.png (2MB, 999x759px) Image search: [Google]
Opening-Spread.png
2MB, 999x759px
>>88581078
Several decades later, Grant Morrison and John Van Fleet would homage it with "The Clown at Midnight", another prose-comic book hybrid.
>>
I'd say the closest thing would be an illustrated pulp magazines. Some Japanese lite novels do that too if you're into anime.
>>
>>88581106
>>88581078
There's a Man-Thing story like this called Several Meaningless Deaths. I guess it used to be a thing where if a comic had so many pages of prose it was classified differently, probably cheaper to publish or something, so they would have them pretty often. Stan Lee's first work was a Captain America prose story published in the third issue.
>>
File: 232396179_b4b175ae3a_b.jpg (697KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
232396179_b4b175ae3a_b.jpg
697KB, 1024x649px
>>88578794
>>88578827
Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus is a God-Tier example of what you're looking for, probably the best to come out of the US
>>
Cerebus and Thieves and Kings can be extremely wordy.
>>
>>88578794
The works of Jacques Martin
They are way too wordy.

But I love them all
>>
File: Alix9.jpg (151KB, 700x546px) Image search: [Google]
Alix9.jpg
151KB, 700x546px
>>88581593
An example.
It is in french tho
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.