[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wonder Woman needs a sword and shield for combat now Anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: s-l1600-305.jpg (465KB, 1072x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600-305.jpg
465KB, 1072x1600px
>Wonder Woman needs a sword and shield for combat now

Anybody miss the days when all she needed was her lasso, and they didn't have to turn her into a LOTR character?
>>
Explain to me how a sword makes someone a Lord of the Rings character.
>>
I miss thia design that's for sure
>>
>>88577123
>I don't read WW comics so I'll just assume she uses swords nonstop
>>
File: cff.jpg (7KB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
cff.jpg
7KB, 295x200px
>she's Greek
>Greeks use swords and shields

she's totally a LOTR character
>>
>>88577123
Wonder woman with a sword and shield used to be the equivalent of red eyed superman, but Johns is a terrible consultant. While in the movies it may make sense choreography wise in final battles there's no real excuse for the sword the rest of the time. Much less in comics
>>
File: OGLAF - Glamazon.jpg (458KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
OGLAF - Glamazon.jpg
458KB, 760x596px
>>88577137
Here, and in comic form!

Anyway, not OP and I think the sword and shield could be used but not in everyday life but for special events. WW is plenty tough as it is.
>>
>>88577291
>the equivalent of red eyed superman
I started reading comics in 2012. You mean Superman's eyes are NOT GLOWING RED ALL THE FUCKING TIME?
>>
File: Lando6-2.jpg (47KB, 470x280px) Image search: [Google]
Lando6-2.jpg
47KB, 470x280px
>>88577294
>net
>>
>>88577294
>throwing anus
I always giggle
>>
isn't her sword magical? like it can cut through anything? if it's not then it should. or be on fire, maybe a gift from Apollo that emits fire as hot as the sun's core and can cut(technically disintegrate the atoms) through anything but Diana, or anyone she considers an ally.
>>
>>88577521
Apollo was a villain in the last canon
>>
>>88577123
no
>>
>>88577254
She does on every other comic where she appears and you know it's true
>>
The weapons help distinguish her from Superman. Without them she'd be even more Lady superman than she already is.

They already have underwater Superman and green Superman, the more distinct these guys are, the better
>>
>>88577550
yeah but that was all a dream or something so it doesn't matter
>>
>>88577123
the sword and shield is a copout

its like it batman started ignoring martial arts and gadgets and just used his plane 99% of the time

wonder woman's best fight scenes were in crisis on two earths and the sword and shield were nowhere to be found there. it's your job to make the lasso cool
>>
>>88577753
pretty sure wonder woman has her own plane she could use 99% of the time too.
Plus it's invisible.
>>
>>88577777
All the luck in the world can't help you get the point apparently
>>
>>88577684
This guy gets it, no one else really uses those weapons much in mainstream DC so now people see she has something to set her apart other than being fem-superman but with a lasso, also she still has the lasso so its not like they scrapped her most iconic weapon
>>
>>88577684
Because Superman has a lasso and indestructible bracelets
>>
I generally don't care much about the sword, unless it's used all the fucking time

But the shield must go. Fortunately she hasn't actually been using it in all books since they made it permanent on her gear.
>>
I'd like her to be a master of many different weapons and swap them out from time to time but always keeping the lasso on hand.

Her having a spear wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>88579367
Nah she should have an M16
>>
>>88577123
I'm gonna be honest, I don't mind the idea of Wondy using a sword and shield, I just prefer the lasso because I like Wondy as a (sanitized) femdom superhero rather than as a mythical warrior princess, feels less cliche to me
>>
File: JLA_Cv10.jpg (897KB, 1382x2000px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_Cv10.jpg
897KB, 1382x2000px
>>88581008
that's just silly
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.