[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to the comic con of my country >Independent comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1477822055068.jpg (143KB, 2130x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1477822055068.jpg
143KB, 2130x1198px
>Go to the comic con of my country
>Independent comics autograph zone
>Big queues in all of the stands
>I see an old man who works with obscure newspaper strips
>He selled nothing in the entiry day and no one knows him
>Even the most obscure guys have one or two fans in their stands
>He seems very sad and tired
>I give up on waiting in the queues to sign my indie shit knowing that i will get nothing
>I read the name on his board
>"Hey Mr.____ I'm a big fan!"
>I buy some of his books
>He can't stop talking about his work. I show interest pretending to know his work and characters
>I am very tense, afraid of what he will ask
>I sit next to him to hear more about the book, he makes me a autograph with a full page doodle
>"Keep doing a good work!"

Why i still feel bad? Was i in the right for lying to make a old man feel better?
>>
No. You're good people, Ant-Man.
>>
I had a similar situation, but it turns out he was Stan Sakai. He had sold the entire booth's worth of stuff and was busily finishing commissions for the day where nobody would bother him.
>>
>>88574204
You did good. I was in a similar situation too. Too bad I'm too poor to buy any of the guy's work, he was pretty old too.
>>
>>88574204
>Why i still feel bad?
It's called empathy you literal fucking autist that's unable to identify your own emotions.
>>
>>88574233
Yeah i guess, i herd that he has a safe job and is somewhat popular in his city

>>88574303

>Fucking Stan Sakai

Holy fuck man, the guy who i am talking about make comics that just appear on grammar school books of his state
>>
>>88574351
The problem is that it is still lying, i made him belive that he had a fan in the convention wanting to meet him.

I was acting for pity, i feel that this may be even worse
>>
File: 1476598621491.png (868KB, 1116x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1476598621491.png
868KB, 1116x1002px
>>88574204
You're better than me, I guess.
A local con earlier this year had both Jon Bernthal and the guy who plays Foggy on Daredevil. Both had standard booths that were the same size, but Jon's line was so long that it wrapped around to the space behind the booth, while Foggy had maybe two people at his booth at any give time.

I waited in the long line and didn't even glance at Foggy's booth afterward.
>>
>>88574555
They should have sai to the audience thet he was also the bad boy on the The Mighty Ducks
>>
>>88574351
you couldn't have possibly chosen a worse context to throw that buzzword in.
>>
>>88575426
Heh.
>>
>>88574351
autists aren't known for their empathy

you need a wider array of buzzwords
>>
>>88574204
>Ben Affleck is the Angry Video Game Nerd
>>
>>88574204
Is that from the new AVGN episode?

>>88577160
And here I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>88574204
Lies like this are okay, anon. He probably knew and I think that might even mean more to him.

He knows nobody was at his booth. That someone showed him kindness and interest (even if faked) and allowed him to talk about what he loves was probably enough to lift his spirits if only for a short time.
>>
>>88577160
>>88577234
I honestly thought it's Affleck and was left wondering what office-related movie hehas.
>>
>>88574555
He should come to my area because I'm a Foggy fan...

As for OP, that's what I'd call a white lie. Maybe it wasn't true, but it wasn't with poor intentions.
>>
>>88574204
>I had a similar situation, but it turns out he was Stan Sakai. He had sold the entire booth's worth of stuff and was busily finishing commissions for the day where nobody would bother him.

Based Sakai.
>>
>>88574555
A bit different; Bernthal was both Shane and now Frank.
>>
>>88579582
I'm pretty sure it's Affleck from The Accountant
>>
>>88580214
Yeah it's from The Accountant
>>
>>88577160
Oh shit, so I'm not alone.
>>
>>88574555

That makes sense. Bernthal was well known for being on The Walking Dead before he was Frank and that's probably why most of the line was there.

Eldon Henson's biggest role before Foggy was in The Mighty Ducks over 20 years ago. Most MCU fans probably aren't old enough to have watched or even remember those movies.
>>
>>88574555
>I waited in the long line and didn't even glance at Foggy's booth afterward
Fucking vicious of you Sid.
>>
>>88580224
Good movie
>>
>>88574204
Post his work, dumbass. Now I'm curious.
>>
>>88574204
You feel bad because you did it out of pity, and that's not a good feeling.
You probably did right, the guy doesnt know.
>>
>>88580408
DO IT OP!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.