[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone actually seen an animated movie just because it had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (211KB, 745x935px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 745x935px
Has anyone actually seen an animated movie just because it had celebrity voice actors? Doesn't seem like a real selling point to me.
>>
>>88563561
Kids don't give a shit, but the parents taking their kids are more likely to bet on a known quantity. Remember that most of the adult audience for these things is parents.
>>
No, but it's really more of a promotional tool than anything....hell, you might even get those guilty teens to go buy a ticket with the rest of family cause "well.....the rock is in it, that makes it ok right?"
>>
>>88563561
I've never understood why characters are drawn with their feet pointed inwards so often. Literally no one stands like that, yet I'm constantly seeing characters, mostly female characters that are supposed to be "cute," standing with their feet pointed inwards.

What is the deal with that?
>>
>>88563561
It worked for DreamWorks when they made Shrek. And if I remember correctly, Prince of Egypt also had an all-star cast, but that wasn't the selling point of it.
>>
>>88563561
I find it annoying especially when there are plenty of perfectly fine VAs to choose from. It's annoying when studios replace the VAs with celebs. This happened with the movie Hoodwinked.
>>
File: her.jpg (33KB, 410x615px) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
33KB, 410x615px
>>88563561

literally the only reason to watch this movie. Also there is something about ScarJos voice that just tingles my jimmies the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChkmcIlCmpU
>>
File: that's all that was took!.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
that's all that was took!.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>88564231
Is Chazz Palmenteri really a bigger draw than Tom Kenny?
>>
The people who go see it because of celebrity names are middle aged normies, not people on fucking 4chan.
>>
>>88564311
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>88563827

I don't know about inwards, but I do see girls in real life who sometimes stand with their feet parallel as opposed to a more stable stance.
>>
>>88563561
>being this ignorant

its marketing, marketing, marketing

you hire a big name actor, their name goes on the billboards, they appear on the talk shows and magazines to promote the film, their fans pay attention, etc
>>
I just can't see someone going "wow Brad Pitt is voicing a superhero! I've gotta see that!"
>>
File: QuestForCamelot.jpg (114KB, 516x755px) Image search: [Google]
QuestForCamelot.jpg
114KB, 516x755px
Eric Idle and Don Rickles?
SOLD!
>>
>>88563561
Does seeing Princess & the Frog for Keith David count?
>>
File: moanawelcome[1].png (2MB, 2000x829px) Image search: [Google]
moanawelcome[1].png
2MB, 2000x829px
>>88563561
You're welcome.
>>
>>88563827
>What is the deal with that?
It's something from anime that has seeped into western styles.
>>
How the fuck would she possibly be wearing normal clothing?
>>
>>88566407
Thank you. Your pose led me to a number of forums with more in-depth anaylsis of why this is a thing, and you're right. It's because of those fuck damn japs.
>>
>>88566336
ayy
>>
File: squirtle flower.gif (497KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
squirtle flower.gif
497KB, 500x353px
>>88563561
I'd say no but just the other day I was getting excited over the voice actors they got for the new ducktales cartoon so maybe I'm not as above this kind of thing as I'd like to think.
>>
I saw Moana because Dwayne Johnson was Maui
>>
>>88563561
Of course it's a selling point. How many people do you think saw Aladdin just for Robin Williams' performance?
>>
I've never once said "omg so and so is in this movie" or "wow i cant believe the voice actor in this show was in this other thing I saw!".

I don't understand how people can care enough to keep up with that.
>>
>>88566789

But Robin Williams is such a good (and actually animated in the way acts/speaks ) actor that he gets a pass.
>>
>>88566680
This.

I want VA to get bigger roles in films that are released theatrically but my hypocritical ass is actually excited for the new Ducktales.
>>
>>88565682

Isn't Keith David an active voice actor more than a celebrity?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.