[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what will be the force that causes him to heel turn in Transformers:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 259
Thread images: 64

So what will be the force that causes him to heel turn in Transformers: The Last Knight? Will he simply be controlled by Quintessons? Also thoughts on this in general
>>
Dark Energon or bust.
>>
>>88560843
Does it really matter? Does anyone really fucking care?
>>
No idea, but I can guarantee it will be fucking stupid.
>>
>>88560903
the 4th movie, unnecessary as it was, actually had the best PLOT elements in a long time. I'm genuinely interested to see where it's going to lead, if it's going to be quintessons or what. very neat.
had no idea this had been announced. my only thought is ... optimus looks pretty cool but .. kind of inappropriate for the style of the movies.
>>
>unicron
>quintessons
>orphan girl with cute robot sidekick
>megatron being a hobo without a cause

so much potential, and you just know it's still going to suck
>>
>>88560986
Optimus has always been a psychotic killer in these movies so its really not that different from what we've seen. But then again not much is accurate in these movies anyways
>>
>>88560903
The third movie was really the last straw for me, mostly by virtue of how little they learned from the second.

Which is a shame, because I hear that the fourth is far better. But, I've yet to hear anyone call it (or any of the others) "good".
>>
>the last knight

Wasn't ROTF all about him being the last Prime?

They're just recycling their plots, or forgetting what already happened

I'm not sure which is worse
>>
>>88560986
I actually liked the plot of the third movie a lot....the idea that some rich fuck humans had been working with the Decepticons both amused the conspiracy theorist in me and seemed like a cool bizarro version of Sams story, that isn't to say the movie didn't suffer from other things like way too much of Sam getting a job and gf/parents, but the plot itself I found to be fine

Also Laserbeak was fun
>>
>>88560843
Galvatron'ed by Unicron.
>>
>>88561194
The trailer got me hyped as fuck, they made it look like the Decepticons were taking over the planet

The actual invasion in the movie was less impressive
>>
>>88561111
This movie isn't about him being the last Prime in any way at all, it has a time travel plot and deals with actual knights and dragons and shit
>>
>>88561194
The battle of Chicago is brutal and you can tell the city is under siege, unlike in e.g. The Avengers.

Also, I like Terrans progress over the series, from bystanders to a genuine force in the fourth one. Although, I would like more of that.
>>
>>88561265
Yes, YES. I felt like I was the only one who was underwhelmed as fuck by the invasion in the Avengers, because during the whole thing I was thinking "Transformers did this better last year."
>>
>>88561259
who do you think the title refers to
>>
>>88561317
>>88561265

The movie seems to imply that most of chicago was destroyed, so it's pretty silly that AOE says that less than 2000 humans died
>>
>>88560843
Is Optimus dead again?
>>
>>88561387
The real Optimus died in between 1 and 2 and was replaced by an evil clone
>>
>>88560843
>rethink your heroes

Did anyone not "rethink" the "hero" Optimus Prime after he savagely beheaded a decrepit and mentally ill Megatron who was, at the time, offering a truce? Or when Optimus shot an old friend point blank in the face while this friend was begging for mercy?
>>
>>88561600
I know, it doesn't work at all. Optimus was always 1 step away from savagely turning on his own teammates.
>>
He's probably not going to be bad. In the trailer, hes probably cutting something out of bumblebee. So theres probably going to be some shit in the Autobots he has to get out of them for some reason
>>
Purple eyes suggest Dark Energon.
>>
>>88561600
You do realize that his "old friend" wanted to destroy Earth and enslave all of humanity, and murdered Ironhide in cold blood?
>>
>>88560903

This desu senpai

The people trying to predict the """plot""" of this movie give more of a shit than the people who probably wrote the movie.
>>
It'll be Nemesis Prime.
>>
>>88561620

"Give me your face!"

-Optimus Prime, 2008

"We will kill them all."

-Optimus Prime, advocating genocide, 20xx
>>
>>88561600
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
>>
>>88560843
How the hell does that transform into a long nose truck cab?! No really, I see one pair of wheels for his thighs, but where does his windshield go and the front of his truck??
>>
>>88561111
Didn't you hear? Megatron Is Back(TM) for this movie!
>>
>>88561802
Bayformers was never about making the robots look like what they transform into. They literally explode into a mess or a cloud of metal nano-bots and then just reform into something.
>>
>>88561666
Yeah, but he did it to protect robotkind or some shit.

In any case, it's my understanding that Optimus is a generally upstanding guy, so shooting an old friend point-blank in the goddamn face (while this friend is incapacitated and begging for mercy) seemed a bit out of character.
>>
>>88561842
No, the original trilogy did. Sure, the movies cheats their transformations, but EVERY SINGLE BIT OF TF FICTION cheats transformations. They just stopped caring about trying to hide it for AoE and it fucking shows.

As long as they can make a reasonable approximation with real life toys, I can believe the characters in fiction, with their larger scale and super strong alien materials, can pull off their transformations.
>>
File: 6161.png (3MB, 1518x1570px) Image search: [Google]
6161.png
3MB, 1518x1570px
>>88561997
Compare and contrast with the AoE design. The only way to make it look anything like in th emovie is to completely remove the vehicle mode bits. Which you can.
>>
File: optimusface.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
optimusface.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>88561623
>He's probably not going to be bad.

He has glowing purple eyes anon, in TF purple usually means bad....Optimus usually has blue eyes and has blue eyes in this movie as well, but at some point they change to purple, so far only shown when he is fighting Bumblebee
>>
>>88561600
>trusting Megatron

Also Sentinel didl the same to Ironhide, Optimus was totally justified.
>>
>>88561600
>Or when Optimus shot an old friend point blank in the face while this friend was begging for mercy?

Do you not remember what a complete genocidal dick Sentinel was?

I have to say....I'm pretty sure if Sentinel Prime from Bayverse existed in any other TF fiction, any other Prime would have killed him....probably with a bit more regret and that's about it
>>
>>88562259

>Do you not remember what a complete genocidal dick Sentinel was?

"We will kill them all."

Optimus Prime, advocating genocide in the same movie.

>>88562170

>Also Sentinel didl the same to Ironhide, Optimus was totally justified

I was (maybe unreasonably) expecting an upstanding guy like Optimus to have a bit more moral fortitude than the movie's primary antagonist.
>>
>>88562142
vagina mouth
>>
>>88562576
>"We will kill them all."
>Optimus Prime, advocating genocide in the same movie.

He was talking about the Decepticons and Sentinel who were about to achieve their goals of enslaving the human race and terraforming Earth into Cybertron

Right after saying "know mankind knows the Decepticons will never leave this planet alone" or whatever the quote is

So basically....kill them all, or allow Earth to be enslaved by Sentinel and the Decepticons and let them destroy the planet to terraform Cybertron

Also if you really want to split hairs, Decepticons and Autobots are both of the Cybertronian race....just different factions, Optimus wasn't going to kill the Cybertronians on his own side, just the ones trying to destroy/enslave the "innocent" planet he was trying to protect from being ravaged the same way his home world was

Optimus Prime is not fucking Superman bruh....he's a warrior, fighting a war, maybe you forget the little quote "one shall stand, one shall fall"

The only reason Optimus never killed anybody in the cartoon was because then they would have to come up with a new cast of badguys every episode
>>
>>88561997
>transforming this fucker takes at least 30 minutes
>the whole time the electronics keep going off and the swords keep popping back out
>iamoptimusprimeiamoptimusiamoptimusprime
>>
>>88560843

Nice poster.
>>
>>88561943
>Yeah, but he did it to protect robotkind or some shit.

>"WE WERE THE GODS OF CYBERTRON! HERE THEY CALL US MACHINES!"

He was just butthurt.
>>
who's the biggest race traitor: Optimus or Superman?
>>
>>88561789
>Give me your face

To this day I still can't believe that line was actually in the movie.
>>
>>88561064
>>88560843
Optimus is fucking jacked. Must be a gym in that spaceship or something I'd let him smash
>>
>>88563669
Beast
>>
>>88563684
Why? It's not like he said "give me your motherfucking face"
>>
>>88561216
You had a chance to say "galvanized" and you didn't.

Shame on you.
>>
>>88561997

Yeah, and a lot of Transformers fans fucking hate the movie toys because they're all so needlessly complicated and fiddly. It's like Alternators' autistic little brother that hates being touched.
>>
>>88564027
Uh what the fuck is this from
>>
>>88565734
GO FUCK YOURSELF FOR NOT KNOWING OF THE ALMIGHTY DOOMGUY!
>>
>>88564163
Kek
>>
>>88560843
so is this a show about transexuals or something
>>
>>88563463
git gud
>>
File: lastknight.jpg (89KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
lastknight.jpg
89KB, 500x499px
>>88560903
This. Who gives a fuck about evil punished Optimus?

Why isn't anyone talking about the hero of the story?
>>
Is the earth actually unicron?

Because that's what I got from the trailer
>>
Unicron will reveal he ate the whole of the Quintessons and collected Optimus to use as a warrior to take out any Autobot that would stand against him.
Meanwhile, Megatron will come out of the woodwork, finally being sick of trying to take over anything and decide to team-up with the humans to stop Unicron from destroying the Earth, making him the last knight.
>>
>>88568584
How'd you get that from the trailer? It wouldn't surprise me since that's how it was in TF Prime, but I didn't see that in the trailer at all
>>
>>88568820
they show a giant horn in the sand somewhere
>>
>>88560843
He finds out that Bucky killed his parents.
>>
>>88568820
The underwater scene showing the submarines going into the structure, and the horn in the desert, and later when it shows "Unicron" above the moon I think that was earth breaking apart.

Who knows really maybe I'm just looking too deep into it.
>>
>>88568388
This
>>
>>88561696
>>
>>88562170
> justified
>>
File: 1480598860897.webm (2MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480598860897.webm
2MB, 960x400px
>>88570313
He had the moral high ground
>>
I just saw rogue one and during the moment in the trailer for this when Optimus goes evil, a little kid yelled in fright

good work
>>
Man, all these fucking movies and not a single Unicron plot.

I'm still mad that we probably just won't get it and if we did it would be shit.
>>
>>88570372
Yeah, Sentinel is responsible for the attempted destruction of Earth and the murder of Optimus' best friend. Fuck, if anything, Optimus was too kind. He could have carved open Sentinel like he did Megatron.
>>
>>88560843
Here's the twist: Optimus isn't mind controled, he is being protected by mind control from the creators, Bee and company have been brainwashed and are killing the humans in troves. That's how Optimus is "the Last Knight" and he's trying to stop them.
>>
>>88562142
>He has glowing purple eyes

Dark Energon poisoning, has to be. Motherfucker has the Black Blood of Unicron in him.

Unicron's head is going to be buried somewhere on Earth and that's why all the Cybertronians keep winding up there. Or they're going to pull a TF:Prime and Unicron will actually BE the core of Earth.
>>
>>88570474
Consensus is that Unicron is in this one, and instead of making Megatron into Galvatron head makes Optimus Prime into Nemesis Prime.

That sentence gave me a brief existential crisis.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (195KB, 880x1011px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
195KB, 880x1011px
>>88560843
So this implies the eyes might be something inside him rather than brainwashing or being controlled by something else.
>>
>>88561100

Quite the opposite. 3 was way better than 4.

4 had some development upgrades but at the cost of horrible human characters and bloated runtime followed by three plots mashed together
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>88562142
I wonder if it's a bait and switch. Like it isn't Prime at all and someone else.
>>
File: Optimus Prime Transformation.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Transformation.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88562061
How did we get from this...
>>
>>88570480
also Sentinel and Megatron tried to kill all the autobots previously in the movie when they were supposedly leaving the planet on their ship
>>
Hey remember that time when the Sentinel Prime transported Cybertron into Earth's orbit, which someone didnt create massive gravitational chaos, and had the stupid plan of using human slaves to rebuild a dead planet that had no resources and then Optimus saved the day by destroying said planet which incidentally means he killed their god/creator? Im sure glad none of that debris entered orbit. Good times.
>>
>>88570587
I still remember how completely hyped this scene made me. I was so fucking excited, I was ready for Optimus to kick ass.
>>
File: aoetransf.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
aoetransf.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>88570587
TO THIS?
>>
>>88570508
It's ok just stand right here and give me YOUR FACE
>>
>>88570527
Were the humans at least more likeable or plot related than Sam "WHY THE FUCK IS HE EVEN IN THIS FILM ANY MORE" Witwicky?
>>
File: I have learned some shit.jpg (107KB, 451x599px) Image search: [Google]
I have learned some shit.jpg
107KB, 451x599px
>>88570608
I think the only way to defend this is "IT WAS BASED ON THE G1 EPISODE"
>>
Remember when Optimus Prime was literally the ultimate bastion of good and died for people's sins?

I miss him.
>>
>>88570674
he was ok in TF1
then he died in TF2 and came back more violent

I guess death changes people
>>
File: I came explosions.png (1MB, 913x625px) Image search: [Google]
I came explosions.png
1MB, 913x625px
>>88570645
Worse actually. It made me MISS Shia though that might have been because I've watched some better movies with him in it after the fourth.

Here's a tidbit from the IVth: After Optimus leaves the humans to locate the rest of the Autobots nearby, they spend five minutes on pointless father-daughter's boyfriend bickering and something relating to romeo laws regarding age consent.

The boyfriend in question was a complete ass, the daughter who played Katara in Avatar was a bit more useless than Megan but more useful than Rosie.

Marky mark's a mixed bag.
>>
>>88570710
Death, backstabs and so on.

I kinda like it since he's pretty much the bastion of good in every other adaptation save for IDW where he's developing into something else entirely.
>>
File: 1405788497148.jpg (572KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1405788497148.jpg
572KB, 768x1024px
>>88570373
That's adorable.
>>
>>88570674
Yeah these movies made Optimus go off the fucking rails for some reason. Granted theres a shit ton wrong with the Transformers movies, but they really got Optimus's character wrong. Im not saying he shouldnt kill, because its war and Prime knew what he was forced to do, but Prime was always reluctant to start casually killing Decepticons left and right. Because he was basically accelerating the extinction of his own race. Being an Autobot/Decepticon was always a choice, and that right to choose ones fate was something both Prime and Megatron both believed in. Movie Prime? Hes a fucking nutjob asshole.
>>
File: He's a big guy.webm (1009KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
He's a big guy.webm
1009KB, 1000x518px
>>88570555
That's more likely to happen to Galvatron than Optimus.
>>
>>88570776
I mean, he is still the good guy he is just not the "I will not kill you" kinda guy.
He is a soldier first.
>>
>>88570776
Hey remember that time when Optimus threatened the "Dinobots" in aiding them in battle with death threats after they just escaped countless years of imprisonment? I use the term Dinobot loosely because they have next to no characterization to their counterparts other than being dinosaurs and robots
>>
>>88570830
I think it's more on accidental development. In the first he killed in self defense. In the second he got a bit off the rails monstrous with the infamous GIVE ME YOUR FACE.

Bay and the others never realized how Optimus seemed like a barbarian with his killings until they finished the third, which by then they decided to actually turn it into character development.

The lone commander, revived when he was killed, betrayed by his own, and the humans of chicago, and lived to doubt everything.

I personally like it but I know it's a big stretch from the Optimus we all know and love.
>>
>>88570889
He asked them nicely first then Grimlock attacked him
>>
>>88570889
I call em Mechasaurs.

Also the recent interviews confirmed that Grimlock and the others will return in the fifth with some added personality, albeit possibly something similar to Meet the Robinson's T-Rex.
>>
>>88570850
No, hes was a librarian first, then a soldier, then a leader, and then basically robo jesus. Again Prime isnt against killing the enemy, but he will show mercy when the opportunity arises.
>>
File: Mad Max.png (2MB, 1302x787px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Max.png
2MB, 1302x787px
>>88560903
Is there anyone here who is actually interested in watching the fifth though?

I'm just in it for very petty reasons barricade and king arthur but I've been disappointed enough from the fourth to care about its impending quality.

Hopefully the Ironman writers worked with Bay in making more robot screentime.
>>
File: TIME TO FIND OUT.gif (496KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
TIME TO FIND OUT.gif
496KB, 500x206px
>>88570929
That's true.

Eitherway I popped a boner when he just closed his faceplate as a comeback to Megatron in the final fight.
>>
>>88570839
so.. who the fuck is this?
>>
File: Optimus G2 alliance.jpg (173KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus G2 alliance.jpg
173KB, 552x600px
>it turns out Megatron is the last knight, and saviour of Cybertron

>in the end he see the error of his ways, and joins Optimus in resurrecting Cybertron
>>
>>88570674

It's been blatantly clear that after spielberg and the studio took the leash off bay, he''s been writing optimus prime to be as big of a dickish, brute as possible.

In the first film we got this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqp1ffEUEq0

and after megaton dies he says "You left me no choice brother".

Is the second film when bay wrote a lot of the script, he says things like "Any last words" and "Give me your face" He also wrote the niggerbots.
>>
File: He's my friend. So was I....webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
He's my friend. So was I....webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>88568972
That CW trailer end hit all the right spots.
>>
Reminder just to ignore these movies and go play War for/Fall of Cybertron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZrL0x63c8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3E358n7pcI
>>
File: CphyCGSUIAASwnc.jpg (189KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CphyCGSUIAASwnc.jpg
189KB, 1080x1080px
>>88571048
Megs.
>>
>>88570839
>Optimus shot Megatron in the head so many times he's actually retarded now
>keeps trying to kill Lennox
>He just stands there talking for the entire scene
>>
>>88571104
Everyone did that already.
>>
File: LOVE.png (80KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
LOVE.png
80KB, 200x156px
>>88571104

>the last half of Fall of Cybertron
>>
>>88571120
>Ruthless Decepticon Oppressor
>Peace Through Tiranny
>>
File: why am I eating salad.jpg (142KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why am I eating salad.jpg
142KB, 700x1000px
>>88571125
He actually was written to have braindamage in the third that a cut scene had him shooting an elephant and yelling ALL HAIL MEGATRON
>>
>>88571085
Bay admitted they were a mistake and cut them out of the third movie even though their vehicles were spotted in the film itself.
>>
>>88570674
>Remember when Optimus Prime was literally the ultimate bastion of good and died for people's sins?

I really don't get where people get the idea that Optimus has some no kill rule or something.
>>
>>88571120
he certainly got better.

also is he the "good guy" in this one? and nice sword Megs.
>>
File: 1473309509347.png (430KB, 453x535px) Image search: [Google]
1473309509347.png
430KB, 453x535px
>>88571154
>The final chapter
>The final battle music
>The final cutscene

Stop I could only get so erect.
>>
>>88560843
Who is nemesis prime?
>>
File: He comes.webm (656KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
He comes.webm
656KB, 1000x518px
>>88571229
Anti-hero. Seemingly at least.
>>
>>88571242
he better damn well get a black and purple outfit after this.
>>
>>88571232
>Combine into Bruticus!
>Dat Grimlock level
>Megatron revival level
DIAMONDS
>>
>>88571318
Jetfire's level was way too short. I wanted more space battles
>>
>>88565734

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php

Reminder to play this, while reading just because
https://youtu.be/a6BbvCC0VI0

Don't be a faggot and say NuDoom Sucks / OST Sucks and E1M1
>>
File: ANATAWA, WATASHINO ALLSPARKA.jpg (232KB, 804x604px) Image search: [Google]
ANATAWA, WATASHINO ALLSPARKA.jpg
232KB, 804x604px
Where my Arthur at
>>
>>88571352
Who the hell doesn't like new Doom? Especially the soundtrack!?
>>
Since theres a TF thread here, when's the new comics?
>>
>>88570734
>It made me MISS Shia
The fuck is wrong with you faggots?
>>
File: 1448236151721.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1448236151721.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>88571617
>liking anything bethesda
>>
>>88571617
It's a /v/ thing to be contrarian, oh and people still stuck up in past with muh 90s and not muh

I do think Doom can be improved, since "Arena" with 32/40 enemies do suck a bit, but it can always be improved upon. Some people see it as "It's terrible, worst Doom ever."
>>
>>88571699
That's how bad the human characters were. When it makes you wish for something less worse.
>>
It's not Optimus. It's Scourge pretending to be Optimus.
>>
>inb4 it's Megatron pretending to be Optimus

he is made of transformium now, he can take whatever forms he wants
>>
>>88571788
Transformium had shit effects but it was pretty good as a superpower.
>>
>>88568388
who is that
>>
File: Beth_Logo_fullres.jpg (21KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Beth_Logo_fullres.jpg
21KB, 620x350px
>>88571703
Bethesda isn't the problem.

See that line below their name? THAT's the problem. That's the publisher that actively tried to bleed out Obsidian through contract loopholes so they could buy them. That's the group that turned Shinji Mikami into a joke.
>>
>>88571818

>>>> >>88571120
>>
>>88571827
Isn't there another Bethesda that did Dishonored?
>>
>>88571225
The original Optimus killed plenty, but he didn't act like an edgy barbarian blowing up people struggling to even crawl
>>
File: zAxsNX6.jpg (78KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
zAxsNX6.jpg
78KB, 450x577px
>>88571827
You're right! All the inconsistencies and pure incompetence in their games is all Zenimax's fault. Bethesdoor r the good guys!
>>
File: 1481506806268.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481506806268.webm
3MB, 800x334px
>>
>>88571929
I was too busy laughing at the explosions
>>
He has purple eyes in the trailer. It's dark energon.
>>
>>88571920
>>88571880
They're a big company.

The team behind Fallout 4 was pretty shit, but the team behind Doom and Wolfenstein were great. The real issue is that their parent company uses legal bullshit to force ownership of developers, collecting dev teams like action figures.
>>
>>88560843
Why don't these Transformers look like vehicles anymore?
>>
>>88571929
>>
>>88572020
People complained that they looked like shredded up car bits
>>
>>88564163
well played, Uatu
>>
>>88561789
Have to feel for Grimlock; Prime cucked him out of the "most violent Autobot" title.
>>
>>88572013
>NuDoom
>great
Please tell me you're pretending to be retarded
>>
>>88572057
Tell me who, so I can find them and beat them.
>>
So has it been confirmed that it was actually UNICRON in that trailer?
I dont know if my hype can contain that

Also, I want bro Sideswipe back
>>
>>88572149
What else would it be?
>>
File: Arkhm.jpg (38KB, 358x395px) Image search: [Google]
Arkhm.jpg
38KB, 358x395px
>>88572020
Basically people who complained about the first three being too clunky, so they cleaned it.

They cleaned it too much.
>>
>>88570734
DECEPTICON FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>88572130
Not at all. What'd you hate about it?
>>
File: UPSET.gif (381KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
UPSET.gif
381KB, 180x135px
>>88572212
What the fuck
>>
>>88572163
Cybertron.
>>
File: vl2.webm (3MB, 900x374px) Image search: [Google]
vl2.webm
3MB, 900x374px
>>88572149
He was the hype in the third.
>>
>>88572279
Best bot of the second too
>>
>>88572214
>a doom game that's slow as fuck
>game is nothing but going into room, killing demons, and moving into next room
>an ost that sounds like a computer being lobotomized instead of a metal ost
>glory killings and enemies dropping truckloads of health and ammo destroy any sort of challenge
>>>>multiplayer
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>88572279
this was foreshadowing to show that you should never trust a truce with decepticons
>>
>>88572236
Wasn't Cybertron destroyed in the third movie? And since when has it been some sort of cosmic horror?
>>
>>88572213
>>
>>88572362
>a doom game that's slow as fuck
I prefer the slower speed to the more frantic twitch shooting of the old ones, but alright. Still better than Doom 3.
Really, though, aren't they all?
>an ost that sounds like a computer being lobotomized instead of a metal ost
Mick Gordon is god-tier among VG composers, but you're entitled to your opinion.
>glory killings and enemies dropping truckloads of health and ammo destroy any sort of challenge
That's fair. It wasn't hard.
>>>>multiplayer
You don't have to play it if you don't want to. It doesn't unlock anything for single player as far as I'm aware...

Actually, I'm surprised you didn't bring up one gripe I had: the "classic" levels are unbalanced as fuck and a genuine chore to slog through. They should have made the conversion more accurate or less, what they went with didn't work.
>>
>>88571725
/v/ fucking loves nuDoom. They have threads about it daily. It's some loud contrarian minority that's been spreading some nuDoom hate meme. I've even seen some retard saying Doom 3 is what nuDoom should have been.
>>
>>88572418
Yeah. Who knows, maybe the twist is that Primus is Unicron.
>>
>>88572418
It was destroyed and I think the plot of the fifth has Optimus going back and realizing it was his fault, and then getting corrupted into Nemesis Prime by whoever he meets there (Probably the Quintesons)
>>
>>88572470

Have you not played a Doom game before?
>>
>>88572482
does it have a /vg/ thread?
>>
>>88572507
I've seen enough Sunibee art to know where this is going...
>>
>>88572507
That could be a pretty cool twist
Maybe the Quintessons corrupted Primus into Unicron the same way they turn Optimus into Nemesis
>>
>>88572533
Dunno. Haven't been on /vg/ in years.
>>
>>88572562

Or the "corruption" is actually the original Quintesson programming reasserting itself.

Like there was a Quintession council meeting one day and somebody was like, "Holy shit, you guys. Remember those robots we built a long time ago to serve us and fight our battles and shit? Well about ten million years ago some dickhead unplugged the transponder and the little fucks went and civilized themselves. Now they're all running around the galaxy like they own the place. We should probably fix that."

Then somebody plugs the transponder back in and Cybertron starts eating moons and Optimus loses his goddamn mind.
>>
>>88568820
>>88569034
>>88568584

Earth being Unicron would make perfect sense for the movieverse, it woud explain why the macguffins of every movie like the Allspark or the dinobots were drawn to the planet
>>
File: Land the moon.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Land the moon.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88572562
this shit better have a ton of space scenes.
>>
>>88572666
That actually makes sense, all the Transformers that the Allspark brought to life instantly turned evil and started attacking stuff, maybe it's just their natural state and the Quintessons just factory reset Optimus
>>
>>88572722
If that one didn't, what makes you think this one will?
>>
File: Finding Sentinel.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Finding Sentinel.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88572746
Only because the third actually had a lot of robots only scenes compared to say, all the movies.

Yes, even AoE, and that one had Hound fighting a facehugger, but that movie ALSO cut out Hound dancing off against Bumblebee while Crosshairs and Drift chills at the back, bopping their heads to the music.
>>
>>88572722
>>88572746
I think its a safe bet just judging from the trailer
>>
File: boom, exploded.jpg (73KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
boom, exploded.jpg
73KB, 1180x842px
>>88572853
maybe with the writers but not with this face
>>
>>88571054
>megatron wearing red
>optimus wearing purple

poetry
>>
File: and we'll go sailing no more.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
and we'll go sailing no more.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>88572853
I laughed a bit at /tv/'s threads over this. Praising it as pottery because of the lyrics.
>>
>>88571929
>autobots doing all the hard work
>optimus comes in outta nowhere and does a 10 killstreak steal
>>
>>88572853
>>88572925
>I immediately regret this decision.gif
>>
File: Titanfall dlc.gif (978KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall dlc.gif
978KB, 500x280px
>>88572933
Literally titanfall
>>
File: Titanfall April DLC trailer.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall April DLC trailer.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88572960
>>
>>88572955
I won't be surprised if this was him after he fights some space mines, mobile dolls or Quintesson guardians.
>>
he was Xorn pretending to be Optimus Prime pretending to be Xorn all along
>>
>>88573256
>Revolutions spreads towards the movieverse
>>
>>88570523
>With the Nemesis Sword that can reverse time of substances with it’s antimatter energy
yo, what?
>>
>>88560903
I'm just in fot the "optimus of murder" memes
>>
>Bay rarely used Starscream, even with based Charlie Adler voicing him
>Gave him the shittiest design possible
>Had Megatron kick him a couple of times and not let the fucker do much but pointless shit off screen
>Shia LeBouf of all fucking people killed him off

I couldn't have cared how shit the movies were. I just wanted wacky betrayals and high pitched screaming coming from someone other than LeBouf.
>>
File: Daddytron.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Daddytron.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88574245
It was weird. Like he's just a sycophant with a hint of sarcasm. He wasn't a schemer like the other Starscreams.
>>
>>88574245
Shia also killed Megatron, he is just that good
>>
File: TarnTheAsshole.png (301KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
TarnTheAsshole.png
301KB, 680x798px
>>88574294

Yeah, it's like everything in the Bay movies has absolutely no relation or connection to anything in the entire TF franchise other than names and some voice actors.
>>
File: Starscream_RotL.png (810KB, 1356x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream_RotL.png
810KB, 1356x1137px
>>88574441
Well technically only Optimus by looks and sound is the connection to the older TFs.

I don't mind it anymore, Bayline is its own thing, it doesn't really affect much of anything.

I think it's a gift that Screamer looks horrible, because he's just as broken on the inside as he looks on the outside.
>>
>>88574294
You know, it's almost as if Megatron is the good guy. He's the one trying to preserve the Cybertronian race.
>>
>>88571929
Why are there roadside firework mines going off alongside 30ft to either side of Optimus?
>>
>>88574522
he's willing enough to kill a world to rebuild Cybertron, and then rule it.

I'd say he's chaotic neutral
>>
>>88574588
A couple of those were supposed to be from the Autobot/human firing squad. The rest were probably there for whatever was in Bay's imagination of how the scene looked in his head when he placed the explosives, but eventually settled for this.
>>
>>88572840
>this is how they meet
>NO OPTIMUS is how they part

lamo one day I'll have to watch all of these for a giggle
>>
File: Playing catch with dad.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Playing catch with dad.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88574618
>Offers resurrection stone
>denies it for goodwill and trust

Man Sentinel was the best antagonist/character the Bayseries had.
>>
File: 1329889043557.jpg (32KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1329889043557.jpg
32KB, 240x240px
>>88562170
>justified
>>
>>88563392
>The only reason Optimus never killed anybody in the cartoon was because then they would have to come up with a new cast of badguys every episode
>there will never be a show that follows a new roster of villains each episode who inevitably die to the asshole heroes
>>
>>88570501
That would be a good twist but I'm not believing the writers could work it.
>>
File: 259bpu1.jpg (372KB, 1599x1281px) Image search: [Google]
259bpu1.jpg
372KB, 1599x1281px
>>88576144
Well shit, with Crosshairs and Hound seemingly high on the death list, I don't want that.
>>
>>88560843

>Seeks out the Creators
>Discovers they have returned to Cybertron
>They've turned it into a giant, planet-eating juggernaut
>With its own intelligence
>It crushes Optimus
>And learns there are still other Transformers on Earth
>"Fetch!"
>>
>>88560843
>transformers
>again

do people really give a shit? the only resaon I watched the earlier ones was because of Shia labeouf
>>
>>88560903

In spite of everything.... God help me... I still do. : (

>>88561997
>the movies cheats their transformations

The whole point was that they don't. Everything goes SOMEWHERE.

>>88563392
>Optimus Prime is not fucking Superman

He is. In a sense. But he is up against an army of Supermen. If he had a choice he would never kill.

That's why movie Prime is such a let-down.
>>
>>88570634

...I don't see your point. They're both ridiculously complicated transformation sequences.

>>88570850

He is not human, remember that. The battle between Autobots and Decepticons is a war of ideologies, not simply over territory - a manicheistic struggle. They have to wear badges to identify themselves because they differ so much individually, there really is no other way to tell Autobot from Decepticon.

By which I mean to say Optimus and Megatron are more than human generals or leaders. They are archetypes - avatars of light and darkness. Bay pulls that down completely, because his soul is the size of a grain of salt.
>>
>>88571054

Man, I had a whole treatment where Primus manifests in Sam Witwicky and raises all Autobots and Decepticons to fight against Unicron. Optimus turns from his god in disgust because he never acted to stop the war, while Megatron is enlightened because he is all like "This is why I am a warrior - this is why we are all warriors". So he goes to fight, but is defeated by Unicron, THEN is tortured and twisted into Galvatron, and Optimus has to step up anyway to defend the humans.
>>
File: issues.jpg (20KB, 204x209px) Image search: [Google]
issues.jpg
20KB, 204x209px
>>88576342
>In spite of everything.... God help me... I still do.

You and me both
>>
File: Baybee.jpg (614KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Baybee.jpg
614KB, 1200x800px
>>88576406
AoE consume-forms,meaning 70% of his kibble disappears towards the insides of his body. It's the reason why Bumblebee never has a 360/stillshot transformation in his new camaro form.
>>
>>88572013
>They're a big company.

For you.

>>88572418
>Wasn't Cybertron destroyed in the third movie?

Pushed away, anyway. Devastated? Perhaps it's eating planets to restore itself.

>>88574522

Yeah, he's killing Cybertronians to save them. I mean, it's not like his lust for power is what damned his planet to begin with because it caused the All-Spark to leave Cybertron.

Oh wait...

>>88574650

The Matrix would have revealed his evil, I think.
>>
>>88576332
>the only resaon I watched the earlier ones was because of Shia labeouf

....WHY?!
>>
File: Galvatron.jpg (55KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron.jpg
55KB, 480x384px
I just realized.
>Optimus left to rot in space
>Probably found by Megatron
>Worse than ever now

He's this universe's real Galvatron.
>>
>>88576491
Shit, meant Unicron, not Megatron.
>>
>>88576478
because i look like him
>>
>>88576634
You should go to halloween with a bloody shirt saying "shia labeouf
>>
File: Foolkiller (2016-) 002-019.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Foolkiller (2016-) 002-019.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88576634
>>
>>88576889
I-is this a real page?

with the "furry" and shit?

Children read this shit?
>>
File: ehhh.jpg (45KB, 358x519px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.jpg
45KB, 358x519px
>>88577111

>Children
>Reading comics
>Young adult oriented comics
>Comics that aren't even mainstream-known
>2016
>>
>>88577111
You do realize any kid deep enough into comics to know about Foolkiller probably already knows what furries are right? Most kids that age with an Internet connection have some understanding.
>>
>>88577111
A dude gets his head cut off and your issue is the word "furry"?
>>
File: tumblr_n77ak3LzRH1qzucdqo3_500.gif (2MB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n77ak3LzRH1qzucdqo3_500.gif
2MB, 500x205px
>>88576342
>The whole point was that they don't. Everything goes SOMEWHERE.
Buddy I hate to break your bubble but they do. watch all the transformation scenes closely and you'll see it.

Besides, just having everything go somewhere does not automatically make it not cheaty. Prime doesn't transform the same way once during all the movies, that right there is a cheat. Bumblebee suddenly having the interior room for passengers after transforming is a huge cheat, most easily seen during the railroad crossing transformation in the first movie.

But like I said eariler, it's how it's presented that makes the different. AoE had BLATENT CHEATING multiple times while the original triology did a passable job at hiding it.
>>
File: VXk5FSG.jpg (87KB, 1080x589px) Image search: [Google]
VXk5FSG.jpg
87KB, 1080x589px
>>88577422
The weird/even more shitty part with AoE was that THE TOYS WORKED. Grimlock has a workable physical real-life transformation, but they weren't able to produce the same results in the movie.
>>
>>88577471
SOME OF THE TOYS WORKED*
>>
>>88577161
>>88577147
>>88577174
plenty of children pick comics based on their covers. Almost all of them do?

Hell, I used to read comics with powergirl exclusively and my first batman comic was All-Star batman and Robin.
>>
>>88577508
>?
>>
>>88570734
The boyfriend has a laminated card of the Romeo and Juliet law that he keeps with him at all times, which tells you enough about his character right there.
>>
>>88577422
>Prime doesn't transform the same way once during all the movies
every single transformation is unique as a matter of fact. at least as of the first three movies
>>
>>88570523
>>88573933
>With the Nemesis Sword that can reverse time of substances with it’s antimatter energy
how do people not love this sort of shit
>>
File: He's pissed.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
He's pissed.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88577761
Quite true.
>>
>>88577422
>>88577471
I don't understand why the Dinobots couldn't have color in the movie. The toys looked great, and in the movie, their transformations were more clusterfucky than the more human ones
>>
>>88578108
The fourth was just something Bay did quickly to get funding for his Benghazi film. He didn't really put a lot of care to it.

As for the Dinobots, they actually did had color, but they're as unnoticeable as Shockwave's purple in the third.
>>
>Run through a city with a nuke causing as many human casualties as possible
>After the fight
>"Oh, turned out I could fly since the begining, kek doesn't matter they are only low lifes"

>Fight in a 5v1 and even backstabs the opponent at the end
>"Honor to the end!"

>"I gave you freedom now obey me or die! what? why do you attack me? I gave you freemdom?"

Optimus is the most American robot ever
>>
>>88578615
He didn't start out like that. Humanity corrupted him.

On a side note, Movie-Shockwave had the greatest design ever. Too bad he didn't do shit.
>>
>>88577946
>autobot is larger than the vehicle
>>
>>88577161
Hasbro was packing IDW shit comics in with the toys though, so they clearly think they're child appropriate.
>>
File: Enter Shockwave.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Enter Shockwave.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88578687
Tell me about it.

God I wish they saved him for the fourth as the main role instead of Lockdown. Looks better than the gunface too.
>>
>>88578753
Yeah, those were TRANSFORMERS, not Foolkiller.

Also they censored one of them, specifically Trailbreaker's comic.
>>
>>88578823
I love how he growls Optimus' name in his first scene. The honest hatred he felt for him was cool.
>>
File: Have At Thee.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Have At Thee.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>88578961
>Oh hi Optimus!
>HAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH

One of the many things that made Murder Prime authentic, was Peter Cullen screaming at the top of his lungs.
>>
>>88578719
It happens all the fucking time.
>>
>>88563669
Miles Morales
>>
>>88580129
This
>>
>>88572685
and why there's so much metal on earth
>>
Coo
>>
Do the new issues drop this week, or is that next week?

I can never follow IDW's fucked up schedule.
>>
>>88584603
nothing this week
>>
Was that Megan Fox in the trailer?
>>
File: movie-art_1243496984.jpg (226KB, 981x1200px) Image search: [Google]
movie-art_1243496984.jpg
226KB, 981x1200px
Anyone else wish Optimus kept the Jetfire parts?
I get that he cant transform with them on but he just carried the black so well
>>
>>88584855
Looks a bit bulky to me
>>
>>88584855
I would have liked to have seen it where the Jetfire parts transformed into a trailer, like how the original toy the trailer became the little base. That way he would have it if he needed it.
>>
>>88584820
No.
>>
>>88574294
This was the best scene in the bay movies of Megatron.

He was too much of a snarling monster in 1 and 2. This felt like proper Megatron here, even if he was weakened
>>
>>88574441
>Yeah, it's like everything in the Bay movies has absolutely no relation or connection to anything in the entire TF franchise other than names and some voice actors.
>>88574441

Yeah...because everybody who's been a TF fan over the past couple decades knows they NEVER re use names that have no relation to older characters in anything other than the Bayverse
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (133KB, 311x325px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
133KB, 311x325px
>>88560843
>giant planet looming in the background
>purple eyes
>"Quintessions guys!"
>>
>>88587499
They're confirmed, senpai.

Unicron might be in it too, though.
>>
>>88561997
>>88562061
Never thought I'd look back at the older Bayformer design and think "You know what, those actually didn't look too bad and aged well". But then again, Movie Optimus always was one of the better designs in those movies.
>>
>>88587917
I enjoyed the transition to more knight inspired armor in the fourth one. I'm glad they're keeping it
>>
>>88588125
I don't really dislike this look for Optimus, its different but still very clearly Optimus-esque. I just wish it would transition better between modes compared to his older movie design.
>>
>>88587499
Quints are pretty much confirmed to be part of the story
Thread posts: 259
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.