[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it was so "critically acclaimed" then why did Nickleodeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 33

File: CriticalAcclaim.jpg (678KB, 776x754px) Image search: [Google]
CriticalAcclaim.jpg
678KB, 776x754px
If it was so "critically acclaimed" then why did Nickleodeon treat it like shit?
>>
>>88545177
Critically acclaim =/= sales

Guess which one Nick or any corporation cares more about?
>>
Woah there, even if we were to presume Korra was terrible, Nickelodeon has shit on good shows in the past as well upon the sacrificial altar which is spongebob and iCarly clones

Remember when the third season of Avatar just paused for over half a year? Or when Invader Zim got cancelled after the first episode of the second season
>>
>>88545177
It was awesome even tho nobody wanted to watch it and the network almost had to cancel it
Plus the second season is a complete aberration and it only becomes semi good for half of the last season even tho it still manages to fuck up the ending
Hell it was so fucking bad it killed the Franchise, the live action movie didn't manage to kill the Franchise so it's even worse than that, at least the movie was over after a couple hours not 4 seasons
>>
>>88545177
critically acclaimed by gays and progressives, not by parents or people who actually watch cartoons
>>
>>88545296
/thread
>>
>>88545296
>critically acclaimed by gays and progressives,

So Korra wasn't critically acclaimed until its last few minutes?
>>
>>88545296
>gays don't watch cartoons
>>
File: Picture.png (261KB, 508x320px) Image search: [Google]
Picture.png
261KB, 508x320px
>>88545177

Teen Titans Go is a literary genius according to OP

>>88545296

Kill yourself
>>
>>88545177
How is that a secret?
>>
>>88545316
>>88545312
>>88545309

When sociopaths have to evade
>>
>>88545177
Because Nickelodeon are dumbshit dickheads who only like repeats and live-action shit.
>>
>>88545344
Korra was complete shit, don't get pissy because Nick realized it
>>
>>88545177
>critically acclaimed
Half of it's episodes were undeniably shit, the other were just okay.
It is a dissapointing sequel to AtLA
>>
File: 1436634888619.png (139KB, 951x930px) Image search: [Google]
1436634888619.png
139KB, 951x930px
>>88545177
Because it was shit. I tried watching it and for the first few episodes it had potential, and then the love triangles and terrible villain reveals drove that potential into the ground.

Bryke are terrible writers and the talent from the first series wasn't there for the next one. .
>>
>>88545177
Link to this article?
>>
>>88545177

>poor time slots

It was propped up by new spongebob eps and no one gave a fuck.
>>
>>88545436
>Half of it's episodes were undeniably shit, the other were just okay.
>It is a dissapointing sequel to AtLA

It's funny in hindsight because Bryke didn't have the team that made AtLA work so well with them on board for Korra, and as soon as season one started you could tell it just wasn't going to be the same in terms on quality. Them backing out with the lol lesbians smokescreen ending was cringe as fuck too. The fact that it keeps getting the same discussion threads time and time again on /co/ is mind boggling, what's really left to say about it?

Being different than anything else on television doesn't make it good. Hell, it took them to season 3 for them to have a decent fucking story arc but by that point we'd already suffered through shit like a DARK avatar for fuck's sake
>>
>>88545177

Because critical reception doesn't translate into ratings.
>>
This board needs a /Korra haters/ general.
>>
>>88545596
How many unique posters would it have?
>>
>>88545633
30? Maybe 40 on a good day?

Of course there would still need to be separate threads for people who actually like the show.
>>
Korra's massive breasts.
>>
If this was a CN show then they could have blamed it on not being able to produce a Korra toyline
>>
>>88545312
Not the same anon, but I've only heard about Korra being so good right after the last episode, when even the mainstream websites of my country talked about the lesbian scene (and how great the show was).

Funnily enough, before that day, I didn't even know that a sequence to The Last Airbender existed, my little cousins never talked about it.
>>
>>88545246
/thread.
I hate Korra too but damn all this people trying to justify the argument of "quality=ratings" as if Nickelodeon knew at all anything they were doing is idiotic.

They saw low ratings and jumped ship. Nothing more or less, and ratings does not inherently equate with quality. If you genuinely think this then I guess modern Spongebob and Teen Titans Go! are your new favorite shows.
>>
>>88545296
Honestly I think lesbian ships are more for male fanservice than faggot progressives
>>
Do remember that Nickelodeon passed on Adventure Time and continually renews FOP.
>>
>>88545312
>So Korra wasn't critically acclaimed until its last few minutes?

Literally yes. With the exception of most of the first season and a few scattered episodes through the rest of the series, LoK's ratings were uniformly mediocre and critical reception was lukewarm at best.

It wasn't until the last eight seconds of the last episode of the series that anyone gave a shit about it -"anyone" in this case being a number of progressive review sites and autistic tumblrites that loudly gushed for a few months about how fantastic the show was for it's representation of lesbian couples and then promptly forgot about the whole thing.
>>
>>88545584
>what's really left to say about it?

There doesn't have to be anything to say about it, friend. It's terrible, and people like to bond over terrible things. Didn't you ever go see a movie or something with your friends that turned out to be really bad, and then laugh about it with them for the rest of the evening?
>>
They moved it to a good time slot for the fall for Season 2, it's just season 2 was so bad both received by critics and fans as well as taking a 70% dive in ratings since season 1 made them regret signing on 3 more seasons.
>>
>>88546193
>and critical reception was lukewarm at best.
The last episode of the third season had a 10/10 score on IMDB for months, most tv reviewers have top marks for it
>>
>>88545177
The fans hated the show and sadly sjw fans who conveniently discovered the show post lesbians didn't help its status any at all
>>
>>88545177
the same reason nicktoons is behind a paywall on direct tv.
>>
>>88546256
A lot of people might laugh at a bad movie, but forget about it the following day, or at most the following week. People only continually talk about something they thought was bad years later when they're obsessed.
>>
>>88546352
Well I like the show, but this is from the perspective of someone who didn't watch either show until after they had both ended. Maybe if I had watched them as they aired I would have felt differently.
>>
>>88545177
Not toyable enough
Not aimed at small children
>>
>>88545177
Nickelodeon treats every show like shit.
>>
>>88545177
>"critically acclaimed"
everyone hated it, that`s why every new season lost half of the audience
>>
>>88545474
aaron ehasz is the heroe we didn´t deserve
>>
>>88546347
>With the exception of most of the first season and a few scattered episodes through the rest of the series,

Are you stupid, or did you just skim the post?
>>
>>88546391
Incorrect.
What we have here is a broad that holds discussion on topics of comics and cartoons. It requires little energy to debate and engage on any topic here. Things that were bad may be resurfaced while passing through with an anon going "Oh man that was such a shitty film/show" and as such they may discuses the topic and if engaging enough stay in the thread till time is up or another topic takes their interest.
As for Korra specifically it's remembrance is born from both the anticipation for the show followed by the slow downward spiral that just turn into a hard crash by the end of season 2. Korra was marketed and advertised two years before it came out. The buzz of the Summer of 2010 was the next Avatar series and it was following a female lead, this momentum built up till that release in the summer of 2012 but slowly the show was losing viewers, most of it was because the plot was disjointed in parts and we were never given a true clear picture of forces and their goals. The romances were just a paint by the numbers mess you could see a mile away, but when seasons 2-4 were green lit all at once the masses were ready to ignore the flaws of season one in hopes of the greatness future seasons would hold. Then the team both had the pooch shit the bed and fuck it afterwards. By the end of season 2 any hope or charm of the series was long gone by the masses and they tuned it out while we were fascinated by this train wreck, we hadn't see a series ruination this bad since the Star Wars prequels. For a TV series to have such a grease fire start with TLAB to transform into absolute shit was a achievement all on it's own.
>>
>>88546700

Sounds like he was agreeing with the "Acclaim came for the final episode".
>>
File: Surely.png (419KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Surely.png
419KB, 600x600px
I liked season 3.

Korra didn't do or say a grating amount of dumb shit iirc, the villains were compelling and there was a lot of cool stuff for the supporting cast going on.

Am I wrong?
>>
File: Hey Pal Amon to You.jpg (15KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Pal Amon to You.jpg
15KB, 500x294px
>>88545177
>ATLA
>aimed at kids, popular with teens instead
>toys sold like shit

>Korra
>aimed at teens
>ratings were shit because two artists thought they could be writers

Nick got burned by this franchise twice. I don't entirely blame them for wanting to drop it as soon as possible.
>>
>>88546897
No, it was a good/decent season it just doesn't make up the series for all the crap that came before and after it.
Really season 3 was what happens to a lot of cancer patients: They start to get better just before they take a dive again.
>>
>>88545296
Pretty much this near the beginning and the end. Acclaimed because of its "progressive" values even though it trivialized any demographic used in TLoK.
>>
>>88546913
ATLA sold bad toys that most kids wouldn't put up with but rantings were constantly strong and the disc sales were and still are incredibly strong.
>>
>>88546833
>>Sounds like he was agreeing with the "Acclaim came for the final episode".
Korra had four seasons.
>>
>>88546897
Season 3 also had Suyin's shit show, so it has stuff in the minus column.
>>
>>88547015

DVD sales helped but toy sales are the lifeblood of cartoon shows aimed at kids. If there's no money to be made in toys then the show has to be cheap.
>>
>>88545296
i watch cartoons, the animation was top notch, the character development was decent and while melodramatic is was no different than something you would see in Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
>>
>>88545312
Here's the thing. Korra was critically acclaimed from day one. It was indeed praised a lot.

But it was praised before the first episode even aired. It was praised before Korra's *face* was even shown in production art. All it took to earn that praise was "brown girl with slightly muscular back" and that was enough to garner all kinds of accolades for how groundbreaking it was.

So when the more critical of the franchise say that Korra only got praised because of sudden bisexuals (lesbians?) at the end? They might have a point. Because a lot of the hype Korra got even before that point had very little to do with the quality of the actual show and more to do with the implications and comparative rarity of a brown action girl.
>>
>>88547093
>no different than something you would see in Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
That's not a positive, anon.
>>
>>88546829
Like I aid earlier, I am someone who didn't watch either series until they were both done.

I saw them both in s short span of time, so there was no real waiting and anticipation, except for the next episode. Maybe if I had watched them as they aired I would have been more disappointed and frustrated. As it is though, I just watched the first show, and then watched the second show not long after, and then moved on.

Having said that, It does seem like these "Korra sucks" threads are pretty common, and are most likely featuring the same posters most of the time. Expressing the same opinions that they've expressed hundreds of times before. Personally I would get sick of talking about one specific show so much and for so long, but that's just me.
>>
The Last Airbender was popular because it had kids in it doing kid things but had just enough adult themes to get adults interested in as well, a good family show.

Where are the kids in Korra? You have to understand that Nicklelodeon is still a kids network, and by kids I mean little kids, like 5-9. It was popular with teenagers and adults sure, but that's not the network's intended demographic, so they cancelled the show.
>>
It was acclaimed because if it wasn't the first series marketed behind a "strong female character" it was one of the firsts to start this clusterfuck of a movement
>>
>>88547196
*said
>>
>>88547092
>DVD sales helped but toy sales are the lifeblood of cartoon shows aimed at kids.
Not true, Adventure Time, Regular show Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go all cost close or the same/more than Young Justice (look them up and let that sink in) and those shows didn't get merc till 2+ seasons in. Fairly Odd Parents and Loud House while cheaper are not so much less that it would cancel out lack of toy sales but again it just marches on without any strong merc. What keeps a show going is more than just Merc sales. It can help but most will tell you it's a better (and actually safer) venture to get high ratings and disc/streaming sales, that leads to better word of mouth and better sponsors.
>>
>>88547119
This. and now that culture is shifting away from that (again) the flaws are staring to bleed through more to the general viewers and the upcoming generations.
>>
>>88545312
It was praised at the beginning from many people because the mains lead was a woman and it was a sequel to TLA. Then season 1 ended and while some websites (like Gawker) ate it up, most people stopped caring.

It wasn't til the end with Lesbians that the acclaim was resparked.
>>
>>88545177
it was acclaimed until it shit the bed halfway through the first season
>>
>>88547259
Except 4chan is still the only place that commonly hates the show. The majority of people who watched still like it.
>>
>>88547271
This. People think of it as alright-decent for the "average" view of it. They don't hold it anywhere on AtLAs level and those that do are usually the "progressive" types. On a technical aspect TLoK was very good, it's just that its substance was liquified used toilet paper.
>>
>>88546829
I agree with what you said entirely but this
>For a TV series to have such a grease fire start with TLAB to transform into absolute shit was a achievement all on it's own.
Is especially true. It had such a fascinating trainwreck of a plot with awful writing that you couldn't help but sit in awe of the absurdity of it all. Even the art department was a mess, how can you create a setting so joyless and bland like Republic city?

I legitimately hope that people bring up how shit Korra's series was handled to bryke constantly, they need to be aware. How much were they really responsible for in the original series anyway? Because ATLA even at its worst, as a show succeeded were Korra failed so spectacularly.
>>
>>88546913
It's funny, I remember seeing a promo for a ATLA marathon and it was promoted like 'your favorite/one true avatar is here' . Gave me a smirk.
>>
>>88547196
They come and go like anything else. The reason it's more common now was the complete dvd set released in the last month so it's generating word of mouth again. I'm sure in a month everyone will move on and you will see a new flavor. And again, even if it is the same "handful" or what ever number of people this board has no energy out put to give. This is taking about a minute to type out and post after reading it. I will go back to my work, check back and reply if any post interests me enough. It's what people forget about the internet, it's not a reflection of the real world nor should it be taken as such.
>>
>>88547292
>The majority of people who watched still like it.
it's selling like shit for a newly released disc and it's sales after book 2 have been awful to where many places clearance books 1-3 and under order 4 . That majority is likely not a true majority and more of just an echo chamber. Even reddit by large dislikes Korra.
>>
>>88546635
>everyone
it not matter what you think about the show. only paid shills are qualified to be critics
>>
>>88547385
Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people just pirate the show.
>>
>>88547292
nah, even my progressive friends hated it
>>
>>88547292
Most of the praise the show gets is brownie progressive points for last minute "lesbians" and diversity. ATLA had genuine good writing and got praised mostly for it first and foremost. The majority of the people that watched Korra WERE on 4chan since nobody else was watching the damn thing.

I've genuinely never seen outright hate for it, only disinterest from the majority of people and disappointment online. Simply put, Korra wasn't a popular show like ATLA was even though it already had an existing fanbase eagerly waiting for it to air.
>>
>>88547428
Most people I know hate the Transformers movies. And yet...
>>
>>88547482
most people who looked at Transformers as movies or knew the IP hated it but dudebros loved it + a movie and tv show are not the same animal
>>
>>88547325
>How much were they really responsible for in the original series anyway?
see
>>88545474
They had a hand in the creative department and writting but there was enough talk back and team work that things got work out for the best storytelling. To give context one of them (I forget which) envisioned Toph as a giant blind man(the concept art would be later used to make Boulder ) but it was pointed out an adult like that on the team would diminish the charm and have little synergy with the group so lead MacMullan tossed out the idea of making it a young tomboy girl about Aangs age because that would add dynamic to Katara's more traditional girl like personality as well as a force to challenge Aangs more softer personality without it coming off as bully. As a whole that was what hurt Korra, lot of idea guys but not enough creative forces to help those ideas be entertaining.
>>
>>88547472
>I've genuinely never seen outright hate for it
do you just never read Korra hate threads here or what?

The show is massively despised for having cool, interesting, really makes you think-tier ideas or subplots or characters that the writers trip over to themselves to fuck up, like they are just spiting the audience
>>
>>88547416
If that's the case then they must not like it that much or are poor because TLAB stays stead in sales that it's always been at stores at full price most of the time selling no issue.
>>
>>88547472
Praise? Okay. Here is a Korra video that has over eight million views and the vast majority of the response seems positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw

Yeah yeah, I know, youtube is retarded. Nonetheless, over eight million views and a very positive response. So obviously there is a fanbase.

I know its easy to dismiss people as only praising the show for lesbians, but kids did watch the show.
>>
>>88547596
I won't deny that the first show was much more popular. But the second show had an audience, and supposedly the show got more views when nick put it online than on television.
>>
>>88546462

This. The show was relatively popular among teens and some older audiences, but didn't actually provide an increase in ratings for Nickelodeon compared to Spongebob/FOP/whatever else when it came to their primary demographic: pre-teen kids.

And that's important because Nick gets most of its money and can demand the most money from certain advertisers when those certain advertisers know their commercials are going to be aired when the highest number of preteen kids are going to be watching.

And the whole point of TV shows is to attract a particular audience so you can make maximum profit selling commercial time to advertisers desperate for that demographic.
>>
>>88547601
Your flaw is youtube keeps counting way after release. Also, youtube views do not equal ratings, sales, nor veiwership of a series it just means people click on the link and watch it.
>>
>>88547659
> supposedly the show got more views when nick put it online than on television.
yeah but without hard numbers that turns to hearsay and that statement was made during season one that got it's viewership both from piggy backing on the old series success and a two year long campaign to make sure you watch it.
>>
>>88547696
Korra wasn't profitable. No argument. Point is, it did have plenty of fans, even if they didn't always support the show in ways that mattered.
>>
>>88545246
Not just Nick either. Its a shame
>>
>>88545177

>online-only season

still blows my mind Nickelodeon did that.
>>
>>88547601
It's funny that you post the teaser for the season that didn't even air on tv. So no, kids didn't watch that season, you're seeing people that grew up with ATLA, blinded by nostalgia, commenting how they liked the continuation of the show. Which is fine, but I feel they just want more of that universe and Korra herself and the cast is kind of secondary to that. Hell I think even most of those people would agree that Korra doesn't measure up to it's predecessor even though it had all the tools to succeed.

But I digress and I don't want to sound like a bitter and jaded neckbeard. I mostly agree with what this anon said >>88546829 and I really don't have anything else to add
>>
>>88547808
That's fine. I'll just leave this though: http://screenertv.com/blogs/legend_of_korra_book_4_comic_con_panel_report_2014-2014-07/

Take it with a grain of salt, of course.
>>
http://robertjacksonbennett.com/blog/my-problems-with-korra
http://robertjacksonbennett.com/blog/my-problems-with-specifically-korra
>>
>>88547771
>Point is, it did have plenty of fans
viewing a video and clicking like doesn't show any investment of being a fan. It just shows they like the trailer and like is a very broad term. You can like something with passing interest and forget it was ever there.
You are asking us to accept a fanbase that really isn't there. There is no real sense of cult following like Invader Zim Boondocks or Over the Garden wall carries. It seems most tolerate Korra for being in the same universe as Last Airbender but that is not a sign of a healthy fandom.
>>
>>88546829

So, Korra is /a/'s Gundam SEED Destiny?
>>
>>88547972
It might not have a passionate fanbase, but there were plenty who watched and liked the show. The affection might be more mild than the Last Airbender, but its still there.
>>
File: KorraRatings.png (13KB, 637x379px) Image search: [Google]
KorraRatings.png
13KB, 637x379px
>>88547802
They could get more viewers showing a Spongebob repeat than a new episode of Korra. I don't understand how they even got seasons 3 and 4 made, Nick treated them way better than you would think.
>>
>>88548023
By your logic a person that watches TTG from time to time is a fan of the show.
>>
>>88547998
Or SAO

SEED Destiny is more /m/'s territory/hate target
>>
>>88548052
>I don't understand how they even got seasons 3 and 4 mad
contract. It was signed and they already gave them the money.
>>
>>88548052

What the hell happened??

Season 1 is often regarded as the best and yet Season 2 dropped that far without getting to the real bullshit?
>>
>>88548084
Define "from time to time". If they at least watch the show on a semi-regular basis as it airs new episodes then they could probably at least be considered casual fans.
>>
>>88548095
I meant /co/'s. Overtired right now and having trouble thinking right.

But really, I don't think Korra could ever be as bad as that trainwreck. Prove me wrong guys, prove me wrong.
>>
>>88548104
>What the hell happened??

The first season was alright, but the last half and especially the ending kind of rubbed people the wrong way and killed enthusiasm for the second season.

Then the second season didn't really circumvent that perception and popularity continued to decline.
>>
>>88548127
If I read news I'm a fan of news? If I check weather I'm a fan of weather?
The definition of fan is a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing. That takes more then just watching a show when it's on.
>>
>>88548104
When the second season opens up with Korra being as dumb if not dumber then what she was at the start of season 1 it leads to some dislike.
>>
>>88548194
Whatever you want to call them, there were people who watched and liked the show, and in some cases still talk about it fondly.
>>
>>88548158
LoK is better than SAO but less enjoyable. Korra doesn't have that same sort of 'schlock that takes itself too seriously and is easily mockable' thing that SAO has.

I compare the two because they're both incredibly flawed writing wise and both /co/ and /a/ love to pick them apart.
>>
>>88548230
I feel like you are just trying a generalize a stance to cope with the idea Korra might not have the following you envision.
>>
I genuinely loved Amon
The whole reveal about him being a fucking fake took all the impact out of it for me

Out of curiosity, did the Equalist movement even get a mention past S1, or did everyone suddenly stop caring?
>>
>>88548266
I'm just saying there were people who liked it, and still do. That's all. I'm not gonna say it was popular, but I think the majority of people who watched it (beyond the first season at least) enjoyed it.
>>
>>88545224
Also Korra was a really bad show. It was one of those frustrating ones where there are good ideas marred by horrid execution exposing the utter incompetence of the people creating it.
>>
File: 724712380876680780780432.jpg (208KB, 749x701px) Image search: [Google]
724712380876680780780432.jpg
208KB, 749x701px
>>88546829
>For a TV series to have such a grease fire start with TLAB to transform into absolute shit was a achievement all on it's own.
and in two years time no less! You would have never convinced me this was the same team that made Last Airbender when season 2 aired. It was so bad it turn into Mystery Science levels of mockery. Season 3 improved but then it just dived back down with season 4, not as low as season 2 mind you, that takes effort, but it's still crazy. Also anyone else get a laugh that all three major villains that actually kick Korra's ass and broke her (Mentally,spiritually, and physical no less) were all older men? While the only one she overcomes on her own (for the most part) and beats out right is a girl that's close to her own age? So much for that strong female protagonist.
>>
>>88548333
That's pointless. There are people that like eating their own shit. Why even de-evolve your argument down to that level?
>>
>>88546324
That one is funny. They tried to claim Nick killed it by moving it to 8:00 PM on Fridays instead of Saturday mornings even though the move happened because they were impressed by the ratings and thought that in prime time they could get better ads and ad rates for it. Plus it was the same time slot ATLA had.

Too bad that it happened to be season 2 although no season of Korra could've really saved it from the awful writing.
>>
>>88548407
>Season 3 improved but then it just dived back down with season 4

I have a difficult time believing they planned Season 3 and 4 together but then I look at Kuvira's cell sheet and see she was an important character from the start.

Such an odd choice to go from Red Lotus to another cute tyrannical female villain.
>>
>>88548315
>did the Equalist movement even get a mention past S1

Korra mentions how she "kicked Amon's butt" a few times, but beyond that no. The Equalist movement basically just disappeared without a trace.
>>
>>88548671
"Kicked Amon's butt" by having a single lucky shot (via spontaneously developing a new superpower with 0 effort or buildup) knock his mask off and send him into the water which washed his scar facepaint (???) off.

Wow
>>
>>88548671
>Korra mentions how she "kicked Amon's butt" a few times,
She mentions it once to Mako when she's upset that Tenzin wants to just have her stay on the island going through airbending drills rather than going out and exploring and being free like the air and having freedom and experiencing the world.
>>
File: sowEV0jZ[1].png (450KB, 742x1071px) Image search: [Google]
sowEV0jZ[1].png
450KB, 742x1071px
>>88547092

You're absolutely right. They should have pivoted to selling cocksleeves/onaholes of Legend of Korra heroines.
>>
who wrote the article?
>>
>>88545177
Because the show was terrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
>>
>>88547093
Comparing LOK to buffy should be a crime punishable by death
>>
File: 1474312758437.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
1474312758437.png
345KB, 576x592px
>>88546352
>The fans hated
how fucking stupid are you
>>
File: Planet of the Keks.gif (2MB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
Planet of the Keks.gif
2MB, 300x186px
co /co/ thinks they are the majority of avatar fans you people are fucking funny
>>
>>88545246

Invader Zim is a shitty show.

It's literally "RANDUMB YELLING XDDD" the T.V. show.
>>
File: shit taste.jpg (84KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.jpg
84KB, 312x312px
>reading tv.com reviews of the show
>reading imdb reviews of this show
>this show will forever be known as a work of art

Fuck this industry man.
>>
>>88548671
That's a shame
There was actually some pretty neat shit they had until it was all washed away into nothingness

I enjoyed /co/ getting into oddly heated arguments about Amon
>>
>>88545177
>unfair failure
Nah it was a pretty fair failure, character direction was really pretty bad. World building was next to nonexistent after the first four episodes and it only had one season that didn't shit the bed hard with it's villains.
>>
File: jojos_4.webm (354KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jojos_4.webm
354KB, 1280x720px
>>88549564
you mad they don't hate it as much as as you do cry more you stupid fuck
>>
>>88549489
It was also the /mlp/ of the 00s, except Hasbro had the common sense to milk the franchise instead of killing it after one season.
>>
File: 200px-Mild-Bobby-Sauce.jpg (108KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mild-Bobby-Sauce.jpg
108KB, 1152x864px
>>88549655

>being a pussy whipped bitch who thinks the show is good
>>
>>88548315
>The whole reveal about him being a fucking fake took all the impact out of it for me
I disagree. Before the reveal he had no agency of his own. If what he said was true, he was appointed by spirits to carry out their orders and not a person of his own agenda.

After the reveal he was a man born into privilege who now seeks to destroy it. This was much more interesting. Well, would be, if the writing didn't suck.
>>
File: 1480461617761.gif (676KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480461617761.gif
676KB, 480x320px
>>88549712
keep the tears coming what are you going to do make another circle jerk thread about how you hate her
>>
File: 1453693872191.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1453693872191.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>88549762

>being this obsessed with making your show look good
>>
>>88545177
just sjws being sjws anon
>>
File: 1476144695994.jpg (357KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1476144695994.jpg
357KB, 1916x1076px
>>88549932
yea man keep crying kid
>>
>>88549439
Shut up 9gag.
>>
>>88549932
>>88549962
I wanna see you two fight.
>>
>>88545177
a complete reboot
korra destroyed any hope of any future avatar stories being good.
that and she also destroyed the avatar connection which means she is the last one
>>
>>88550586
>that and she also destroyed the avatar connection which means she is the last one

you really think they would effectively write out aang from future avatar shows?
>>
>>88548104
>Season 1 is often regarded as the best and yet Season 2 dropped that far without getting to the real bullshit?

Everyone was too burned out by the bad ending of season 1.
>>
>>88545177
I think it's more disgusting that they treated it like shit and then the year after the show they spend riding the train that the finale created to milk it for what it's worth.
>>
>>88550586
>that and she also destroyed the avatar connection which means she is the last one
Oh please, shit like that has been retconned in comics too.
>>
>Episodes leaked early in Spanish
>Nickelodean released the English episodes earlier than scheduled to counter it
>Ratings were bad because they hadn't prepared any advertising material for upcoming episodes and people were already watching the pirate eps
>Spongebob took its time slot

Its almost as if piracy is bad, guys
>>
>>88551679
The episodes were leaked in Spanish because Nick was sitting on them for a long time
>>
>>88545177
Even my normie friend hated Korra. He hated how useless she was and how the sense of adventure from the original avatar was completely gone. Most of the people who claims that everyone loved it are incredibly far into their echo chambers.
>>
>>88547093
>the character development was decent

KEK
>>
>>88549712
> Stop liking things I hate
>>
>>88545177
Korra fans are like Invader Zim fans, a dying breed of idiots that think a show is treated poorly because Nickelodeon simply hated them, and not the the ratings that plummeted after the first season.
>>
>>88547292
The majority of people who watched it, stopped watching.
>>
>>88551822
Which is odd because they're so well versed in every single episode and what was wrong with each
>>
>>88550909
Well they did, so yeah.

>>88550586
She's not the last one, she restarted the cycle.
>>
In ATLA they state that the original benders were bison, dragons, badgermoles, etc.

But in Korra the original benders were just humans who were given powers by turtles.
>>
>>88551866
Of the people who watched the show very few still talk about it. So what you're talking about is the minority of people who watched it.
>>
>>88551975
> 74 posters

These threads show up on the daily anon so you can't hind the facts

>>88551961
So the original animals where such and the original humans were such. What's the problem?

It all comes down to who taught who
>>
>>88551993
74 people are next to nothing compared with the viewership LoK had in season 1. Most viewers aren't talking about LoK anymore, and that's counting those who even bothered to finish it in the first place.
>>
How many initial ejaculations would it take to fill up Korra's womb to the brim?
>>
>>88548961
where to buy korra fleshlight
>>
>>88548104
Straight up, I stopped watching after the Season 1 closer because it pissed me off.
>>
>>88545296

It was 'critically acclaimed' since!season 1, you cancerous shitposter.

Get the fuck back to your containmentboard.
>>
>>88552001
It's been a year since it ended and people are STILL talking about it. Meanwhile other crap shows don't even get a bump
>>
>>88552191
2 years actually. But most people who watched the show aren't talking about it. The only place where i've seen any consistent discussion is here, and we're only 74ish people out off maybe a million viewers.

The point is was making was actually that the majority of viewers have stopped watching a long time ago. And as such the "majority of viewers liked it" assertion is false.
>>
>>88552223
>And as such the "majority of viewers liked it" assertion is false.

Based on what? In every form of user review the show scores higher than the majority of the competition, there is literally zero proof that the majority of viewers disliked it
>>
>>88552645
Based on the fact that viewership dropped like a rock throughout the shows run. The "majority" didn't even watch the show to the end.
>>
>>88552645
>>88552725
Also forgot to say that those who did watch it to the end are clearly split on wether they liked it or not, so asserting that the majority liked it is simply not true. Those who loved it are a minority of the viewers.
>>
>>88551818
But Invader Zim was actually great.
>>
>>88552725
So since you base quality on viewer ratings I guess the top tier in tv quality is the fucking Big Bang Theory then along with fucking Judge Judy

Be honest with yourself, ratings is a retarded way to assess how good people think something is
>>
>>88545177
>fan's dismay
>laughing sponge
>>
>>88545177
Former Nickelodeon employee here
>Critical acclaim
It did okay. It actually got a lot of positive acclaim in season 1, and most of that was gone by season 3.
>insufficient funding
the show did piss poor in the demographics Nick markets to (8-12 boys). You can have a shit load of viewers. But if you can't get advertisers to pitch in cash, you aren't going to get proper funding
>poor time slots and online only finish
see above. It didn't make money for the advertisers. So it got pushed around a lot.

Also, fuck the Bryke worshippers. TLA was amazing because of so many of the amazing people on it. Not just Aaron and his wife (although Aaron was a big part of it), but storyboard artists, and designers that really knew their shit and make TLA special. Bryke took all the credit and got high on their own dicks. Then tried to recapture the glory and fucked it up.
>>
>>88552742
>Those who loved it are a minority of the viewers.

Is that why viewers rate it among the highest in its genre? Or are you saying all 60k votes on IMDB are the same person?
>>
>>88552901
Liking something =/= quality. I'm not talking about quality of LoK (which isn't that great but w/e). I'm talking about the lie that the majority of LoKs viewers liked the show. And for that viewership is pretty good actually because it shows how many people bothered to tune in and watch the show. And they started out with an average of 3.8 viewers and ended on 1.5 in book 3. So assuming those 1.5 millions liked the show to the end (which isn't certain) they would be the minority not the majority of viewers.

Rating is a retarded way to assess wether something is good or not. But that's not what im doing so that isn't really relevant here.

>>88552957
I'm saying that 60k is a minority out of 4+ million viewers.
>>
>>88552940
>Former Nickelodeon employee here

Sure, also, if you truly do know how Nickelodeon internally works, why was ATLA given a 6 month hiatus? Why was book 3 of Legend of Korra kept in cold storage for so long that Book 4 was nearly complete already? etc.

Say what you want about Bryke, but Nickelodeon has been treating the franchise like shit form the start
>>
>>88547562
>As a whole that was what hurt Korra, lot of idea guys but not enough creative forces to help those ideas be entertaining.
Sad but true.

>>88548407
>Also anyone else get a laugh that all three major villains that actually kick Korra's ass and broke her (Mentally,spiritually, and physical no less) were all older men?
She was also manipulated by all three and a bonus of a fourth, Tarrlok, to a level that is just showing how dumb she is. I get a character needs flaws but when 3 years of a charterer's issues can be summarized as 'she trust older men to much' something went wrong in the writing department.
>>
>>88552999
I just clean toilets anon but I can tell you Nick studios is a pretty shitty place
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>88552901
Dude you just set it up to where people can hand wave everyone that did watch the show as idiots.
>>
>>88552970
So you're merely arguing though that Legend of Korra wasn't popular, which is a shit metric anyhow because in our society the most popular shit is usually bland shit that has laugh tracks
>>
>>88553027
Only in your retarded little world
>>
>>88552957
>Or are you saying all 60k votes on IMDB are the same person?
The Avatar: Last Air Bender has over double that (139,209) and has a higher rating overall (9.2 vs 8.6)
to give context why this matters most successful series/movie that get a squeal have more or the same amount of ratings after the first.
>>
>>88553042
There's always someone coming into these threads and claiming that the majority liked LoK and that /co/ is the only ones who dislike the show. My point is that, that assertion is false. That is all im trying to say, because for some reason it is used to "refute" any complaint stated in these threads.

So i guess i'm refuting the claim that LoK is popular and therefor good. Which i hope you will agree isn't true. Because as you said:
>in our society the most popular shit is usually bland shit that has laugh tracks
>>
>>88553057
Anon is correct. When you go "well high rated shows only get retards to watch it" then opens the door to look at Korra and go "only retards are fans of this show"
>>
>>88553081
Anon is correct. You are retarded
>>
>>88552999
>why was ATLA given a 6 month hiatus?
The studio was split on what to do with the show.
Season 2 was shaping up to have a cult following but in a 16+ demographic. that's useless to a network who's advertisers are looking for 8-12 year olds. So running it on main Nickelodeon was burning money when a sponge bob or fairly odd parents rerun would get them twice the audience in the target demographic they wanted (no joking, sponge bob reruns make the studio bank).
So they ran season 3 on Nicktoons but it still was just burning cash. So by the time the studio got the last 4 episodes in from Korea, they didn't know what to do with them. They were worthless, but we'd paid for them already. Some thought to put them on DVD to make some quick cash. OR just shelve them. But someone was able to get them pushed through and they aired.
>Why was book 3 of Legend of Korra kept in cold storage for so long that Book 4 was nearly complete already?
I dunno about that one, I was gone before book 3 or 4 of Korra
>>
>>88553070
I'm fairly certain there are very few disputing that Korra was better than ATLA, but 8.6 with 60k votes is still pretty good by IMDBs standards
>>
>>88553078
I don't think there is an epidemic of people claiming The Legend of Korra had a massive viewership

In fact I mostly see people trying to claim that poor ratings must mean that the show was terrible
>>
>>88552999
>>88553105
Commentaries answer these questions and they are not what you say. You fuck up but at least you got one (You) from all this.
>>
>>88545177
Because it was shit.

The places where it was 'critically aclaimed' were like ign, that was literally "have lesbians. 10/10".
>>
>>88553158
Not that it had massive viewership (though those exist too)

But that most viewers liked the show, and as such /co/'s complaints are irrational.
>>
>>88553115
Invader Zim stay's as high with a fraction of votes
>>
>>88553184
As opposed to /co/ "have lesbian 0/10" ?
>>
>>88553197
/co/ is more "have shit story 0/10"
>>
>>88552181
Kek.

Only ign bothered with it by s01, and only because of shipbait.
>>
>>88553196
Which only makes Korra look better since there were more changes to drag it down
>>
>>88545964
Smart decision when you compare their current ratings
>>
>>88552645
Anon, it lost more viewers as seasons went by. It wasnt some sort of shedule issue, people simply didn't bother to watch it; if you star a season with 3million people and end with 2million, this means one millions people notice that your show is shit and decided to stop.

Also, the """" review"""" that you see completely ignored any flaw in storytelling for the sake of Lesbos.
>>
File: sides.jpg (138KB, 458x357px) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
138KB, 458x357px
>>88553195
>hurr /co/ hates it because it's popular
the majority here is enjoy the popular DC Rebirth titles while greatly disliking Marvel Now and both those reflect the majority at large now.
The DCAU and SSM are well like here even though that reflects the majority.
Gravity Falls, Bojack Horseman, and many others are well received both here and in the public.
I'm rather enjoying you are going the route of turning this into a "us vs them" because it's showing how little ground you have to stand on.
>>
>>88549489
Reminds me of Gumball. Way overrated.
>>
>>88553209

Or that IBMD is not the best source to prove a point.
>>
>>88553234
>Anon, it lost more viewers as seasons went by.

Welcome to most of television, Band of Brothers is the highest rated show on IMDB for example, first episode had 10 million viewers, by episode 10 if had 5 million.
>>
>>88553241
>hurr /co/ hates it because it's popular
That's not what i said. But it is actually the claim i was arguing against.

You seem confused desu, and it's confusing to argue with someone who is confused.
>>
>>88553246
Love or hate them both shows are cut from the same cloth it's just one is light humor while the other is darker.
>>
>>88553252
Better than samefags on on this faggot board
>>
>>88553252
But a source none the less. More people voted to keep Korra on the same level as Zim even though Zim had been out years longer. Post the best source though because I personally don't use any
>>
>>88552645
Aren't you the one who has to prove that the majority liked it?
>>
>>88553259
>i was arguing against.
>But that most viewers liked the show, and as such /co/'s complaints are irrational.

That paint's it pretty clear your stance was because "most viewers" like the show /co/ is taking the wrong approach to it. That's never been the case with this garbage.
>>
File: 1455108134896.png (397KB, 909x499px) Image search: [Google]
1455108134896.png
397KB, 909x499px
>>88553263
projecting much?
>>
>>88553241
That explain why so many hate all the dceu movies and the critics agree
>>
>>88553275
>But that most viewers liked the show, and as such /co/'s complaints are irrational.
And that was the position i was disagreeing with.
>>
>>88553258
Anon, i'm not talking about starting a season with X and in another you half X/2.

I'm talking about losing só many viewers in the SAME season. Considering the same people were watching it, this means they just stop watching. It is not the same as years later, watching the show in a completely different shedule.
>>
File: IMG_0157.png (169KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.png
169KB, 750x1334px
>>88553266
>But a source none the less.
Having a source doesn't always mean it's good or correct.
>>
>>88553268
I think that's why he included the line about user ratings. On the other hand it seems to be very little proof that the majority disliked it
>>
>>88553290
Band of Brothers episode 1 and 10 are in the same season you dunce
>>
>>88553285
I don't think it matters really, point still stands that 60k votes is still a better metric than a anonymous thread where it could literally be the same guy arguing with himself to stir shit
>>
>>88553309
Hey you know that Ghostbuster film that was so greatly disliked on youtube? the dislikes made a total of 0.8 the viewers that watch it.
The majority when they dislike a show or film normally don't go out of their way to shit on it to all media and what not. They just don't like it and vent it when the opportunity arises. That 60k isn't even 1/6th of that 3 million that watch the first two seasons.
>>
>>88553266
Honestly, i don't believe in people voting for anything since i heard about how they vote for best animation

"i watched this one with my daughter and she liked it, so i'll vote for this. This other one i didn't even watch, so i don't know".
>>
>>88553303
Nobody said that. It's a part of a whole and you can get a feel about how a portion of people feel about something. I don't go to tumblr to see what's triggering white people, I stop by /pol/
>>
>>88553317
oh, thought you said "by season 10". Now it makes more sense. So this means Band of brothers sucks balls, clearly.
>>
>>88553347
Except ghostbusters got shit on in user reviews as well, IMDB is a bit high, but there's a 4 point spread between the genders so it seems to be ideologically targeted, on metacritic it got dumped on
>>
>>88553343
Ratings and merc disc sales are a way better metric than a solitary review site.
I can still find official merc for Avatar:the Last Air Bender while Korra is a ghost town. The series just released complete on disc and so few places ordered it and even fewer distributed it. That's sad when the first series sells fine a decade later.
>>
>>88553348
> watching a movie with family and making them happy isn't an indicator as to how entertaining a show was

Anon
>>
>>88553363
>So this means Band of brothers sucks balls, clearly.

In opposite land, yes
>>
>>88545177
Because female lead shows do not sale and deserve to be canned with extreme prejudice in the name of protecting the populace from filthy sjw lies and mouth breathing fucktards who buy anything with a set of shitty tits slapped onto it. The sooner peopel realize important female characters add nothing but trouble and baggage and downgrade any pre-existing characters to extremely minor roles with their accomplishments retconned into being far, far minor and stopping the influx of new female characters, the better
>>
>>88553382
There never was any merch made for Korra, they do have the complete season on Amazon though, where it's the second highest tv series dvd in animation, only behind Star Wars Rebels Season 1
>>
>>88553382
> a show needs merch to be good

Over the garden wall must have flopped then and not been very good
>>
>>88553402
Who hurt you m8? Getting dump before Christmas for Chad is always hard. You're with friends now though, let it all out Butters
>>
File: DH27676lg.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DH27676lg.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>88553403
>There never was any merch made for Korra,
Yes there was. Hot Topic had a line of clothes for it 6 months before release. Also places were selling other merc too such as lunch boxes, a plush of the polar bear dog, pins, badges etc. There was a lot of shit made.
Your argument about fans but lack of this basic knowledge makes me think you are either shitposting or stupid.
>>
>>88553390
>In opposite land, yes
It wasn't in opposite land that 5 million people just decided not to watch it.
>>
>>88553420
You are so stupid it makes me smile.
http://www.hottopic.com/pop-culture/shop-by-license/over-the-garden-wall/
>>
>>88553385
The issue is more that they didn't even watch the other animations.

But yes, that is no indication. It's not exactly a well-thought critic of the show. I should remind you they were actually deciding best animation of that year.
>>
>>88553437
Go fuck yourself, mouth breathing retard, don't you have some shitty corporate sponsored brainwashing movie to watch for the 12th time
>>
>>88553488
Getting angry at me isn't gonna bring her back. Your anger issues are probably why she left. Now is a time for self reflection. You gotta ask yourself how you can be the Chad she wanted you to be and move on
>>
>>88553527
Fucking numales and their goddamn inflated sense of 'oh look how witty I am" I bet all you need to shut the fuck up is a glare and a half step at your general direction before you fall flat on your ass begging forgiveness while your problem glasses shake
>>
>>88553487
They at least explained their shallow reasoning so you can detract from it. If you're someone who can't connect with your kids then maybe it's a show you can bother sitting through with them and that makes it good.
>>
>>88553473
Point being that's how all television works, you often start strong and people drop off as the show can't retain mainstream interest
>>
>>88553553
Anon, my original point is that their opinion is not worth shit to decide which one is the best animation.

They are not even trying. They didn't even watch the other animations, or even think further as to why one is good. This kind of vote/"""review""" shouldn't be considered for anything. Even goddamn ign makes this kind of mistake. For Korra, they didn't point out even one aspect of the story to consider it a 10/10 show. A giant mecha? plot holes? fuck it, it had lesbians. Those reviews/votes are just opinions, and bad opinions.
>>
>>88553555
>Point being that's how all television works
Even LoK, the show that is actually being discussed, manage to lose "only" 1 million viewers in the first season, man.

And even that, we are discussing that shows how bad it is. You're saying a show is good after losing 5 fucking million people in 10 episodes?

It is true that eventually less people will watch a show. But that 'eventually' is, like, by season 4 or 5.
>>
>>88553605
You're now arguing about the quality of one of the most critically acclaimed shows of all time

Do you even know what Band of Brothers is?
>>
>>88553670
>most critically acclaimed shows of all time
We all know those "critics", man. As i already explained in another post, they don't really care about the story, or anything relevant. It's just a like/don't like mentality.

And if we're going by 'like/don't like' mentality, there are 5 fucking million people that didn't like your show in 10 episodes.
>>
File: 51YrYWen-9L._SY400_.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51YrYWen-9L._SY400_.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>88553474
I'm glad
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=legend+of+korra+toys
>>
>>88553698
I bet you think the transformer movies are good you cretin
>>
>>88553595
That's your idea of best animation though. The aspect that made it great was their kid liked it. They explained that so if you don't agree then you kindly mark if off
>>
>>88545177
the people who "critically accalimed" it had no weight in the industry, and outed themselves as ignorant retards pretty much immediately, in the acclaim itself.
That's what happen when american TV raise you with only American products, you miss shit like one piece or naruto,and get amazed by american shows copying the worst fillers of those shows.
See also :"SU is good and original" retards.
>>
>>88553715
That's not a show, it works entirely different. It would lose just as much views as a show.

>>88553727
>That's your idea of best animation though
you mean objective aspects that are actually in the show?

>They explained that so if you don't agree then you kindly mark if off
the thing is, this is not just one guy's opinion. This was how they decided the goddamn best animation of the year. Saying something is 'critically acclaimed' is worth nothing if the critics will do retarded opinions like that. Hell, i said before, but for ign it was literally "has lesbians, 10/10". Even some of the most famous are shit like that. The "opinion of the masses" is worth much more if you want to see if a show is good or not. If it manages to keep more and more people entertained, it's a good show. If it starts to lose a million viewers each season, it's shit.
>>
File: 1482109374233.png (127KB, 377x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482109374233.png
127KB, 377x412px
How bad is the show? I just finished the avatar and was just about to start this one
>>
>>88553747
Really? Naruto? The. figurative shit tier of anime
>>
>>88553784
Gonna throw out my stupid opinion:

The show was great and you will like it if you liked AtlA.
>>
>>88553784
Hard to say, but it is very different and in many ways the complete opposite of Atla. It also has a problem with solving the MC's problem without much development.
>>
>>88545177
NEWS FLASH: NICKELODEON INCREASINGLY INELT AND INCOMPETENT IN A MODERN MEDIA LANDSCAPE! MORE AT 11!
>>
>>88553784

It's kind of a mess but not a bad show. Avatar had a single focused story whereas Korra is kind of all over the place from season to season. They try to tie together a lot of themes but they really just don't work. It's a lot weaker than Avatar but it's an enjoyable time waster if you don't go in thinking it's going to be the same level of quality.
>>
>>88553784

I don't think this will help your opinion of it, but for the most part I wasn't a huge fan of AtLA and I really enjoyed Korra. Both shows have its merits and I think you will probably be mature enough to enjoy both in different ways.
>>
>>88545177
critics don't give money
>>
>>88553784
Just keep you expectatios low at all times and don't get invested in anything, if you do you will likely be disappointed.

Also just watch some episodes and see how you like it.
>>
File: S02 in a nutshell.png (60KB, 938x290px) Image search: [Google]
S02 in a nutshell.png
60KB, 938x290px
>>88553858
>I really enjoyed Korra
oh, so you have low standards.
>>
>>88545340
Yeah I hate SJWs too.
>>
File: trash.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>88553858
>I wasn't a huge fan of AtLA and I really enjoyed Korra
>>
>>88545177
All cartoons are misstreated doesn't matter what channel owns the right.

See Young Justice, Beware the bat or G.I Joe
>>
>>88553827
>It's kind of a mess but not a bad show.
It really is a bad show. It validate everything that makes a bad show. Especially the plot and characters.
>>
>>88553798
Atla was literally created to be bryke "american take on Naruto", it's not a figure of speech,they said it themselves.
In the end they hardly made america's Curry of life arc, instead of the good stuff.
>>
File: neat.jpg (118KB, 280x394px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
118KB, 280x394px
>>88547866
Wow, very nice analysis. Thanks for the link anon. More people should read this.
>>
>>88554370
Could I see where they state this? Because most places I just see mentions of Star Wars and Spirited Away
>>
>>88545474
>JJ Abrams
>Damon Lindelof
Wut
>>
>>88553701
>"WATCH IT, AMON"
>>
>>88554521
Last one I don't know, but the J.J. Abrams one is confirmed bullshit
>>
>>88553784
First season starts out okay and ends like shit
Second season is dull but at least the yandere ice princess shows up
Third season best season and best villain
Fourth season easily the shittiest of all, with a villain that makes no sense, a final battle that makes no sense, TWO surprise romances that make no sense, and an epilogue that makes no sense
>>
File: 1352426410469.jpg (776KB, 660x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1352426410469.jpg
776KB, 660x3200px
My entire Korra experience can be summed up in waiting for a payoffs that never happen.

>The Amon reveal will be awesome!
>ok...

>The South vs North conflict will be interesting, and the Avatar backstory will be mind-blowing!
>ok...

>Tenzin will get his moment to shine and Korra will grow and adapt against competent villains!
>ok...

>They will go in depth about the moral implications of Kuvira saving the earth kingdom by force! Korra will grow as a character and complete a cycle from her original hot-headded self!
>ok...
>>
I'm glad that crybabies will continue making thread after thread about a show they hate.
>>
>>88545177
The only actually good things in it were...
>Organization of non-bender rebels who went around trying to bring down the bender superiority
>Varric and anything he did
>Lava bending
>The expendables in general, including the combustion woman, the armless waterbender, the fore mentioned lava bending earth bender with lava shurikens and finally the leader of the gang, a guy who learned air bending because Korra opened the eye of terror and let the deamons in, luckily the air bending sociopath used his powers to choke people and fly with buddhist magic
>Opal in season 3
>Gender bended Julius Caesar and her unification of the earth kingdom into a earth empire in season 4
>mechs in season 4

The main cast were pretty shit to be honest.
>>
>>88554827
Oh yes, also the two episodes about Avatar Wan were pretty cool.
>>
>>88554827
>Varric and anything he did
except in season 4 when they ruined him

>i have a conscience now for some reason
>i have a romantic interest in my assistant now for some reason
>>
>>88554840
As their own thing they were pretty neat, but I really didn't like the lore rape. I'm not the kind of autist who throws a fit whenever something is NOT MUH, but the whole 'the avatar spirit is a good kite who does battle with the bad kite' thing is so fucking stupid and antithetical to the whole concept of the avatar as explained in TLA. It was the moment that convinced me that Bryke are actually drooling inbred retards who can barely swallow their own food and must've been dragged around as the company's animal mascot while the rest did 100% of the work.
>>
>>88554840
They were, but that was also the moment where I was like 'man, i wish i could be watching an entire series about the cool adventures of Avatar Wan instead of Brownabs McDipshit'
>>
>>88555426
Likewise.
And like >>88555346 said, i wasn't so much a fan of the whole kite spirit thing, although it did explain how the whole reincarnation works in that universe.
>>
>>88555460
One thing I liked was the whole Dark Avatar thing. I still wonder if at some point Korra's going to run into some earth nation kid who's the next incarnation of Vaatu.

Or maybe Vaatu's cycle works in reverse and it'll be an airbender

Shit maybe that's why all those airbenders showed up out of nowhere
>>
>>88555561
Seems more likely that Vaatu is fused with Raava again and will reincarnate along with her into new avatars.

If you care what Bryke says, they said in an AMA that Vaatu is reborn in Raava, but won't be able to do much for the next couple of thousand years.
>>
>>88555642
Aw well.

personally i just want the next series to be either pre-Aang or mid-iceberg era
>>
>>88545177
>Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom
>Viacom has been going full blown retard in the last 3 to 4 years with every single channel it owns to the point where they're alienating and destroying their viewerships
>>
>>88555561
I really wished S3 was Korra wrestling with her darker tendencies because they're powering Vaatu.
>>
>>88553206
Heh nah. I see too many threads about shitting on lesbos here on /co/. But the story wasn't great either. Still better than other stuff that got talked about at the time.
>>
>>88555660
Same i'm not really interested in sci fi avatar and more mechs.

Or a reboot of Korra to fix the issues with it, which won't happen.
>>
Just one question, by letting the spirit portals open, Korra gave free reign for Koh to do whatever he wants, right?
>>
>>88556321
She gave free reign to more than Koh. There are plenty of strong spirits locked there.
>>
>>88556321
Yes, but nobody mentions this because nobody wants to be the one to bring up the misdeeds of Korra.
>>
>>88554754
>hate there's the buzzword again.
>>
>>88554827
Korra was a show with a lot of good scenes in it

It wasn't a good show over all but man there were some amazing moments
>>
>>88549655
I kept waiting for that webm to turn into a hand stab.
>>
>>88556447
But Koh is subdued because his mommy is back.
Fucking Yang.
>>
>>88556825
Was that explicitly resolved? All I remember is just the Mother of Faces telling her story and fixing that dude's face, then Aang ask her to restore Ursa's.
>>
>>88545177

Because even actual children have better taste then a professional cartoon critic
>>
>>88556939
She also said he only does it because he misses her. With the portals being open he pretty much has her back now.
>>
>>88556825
>mom, all the spirits are going to the human world, can i go out and play with them?
>your time out is not finished!
>but moooomm
>owkay.. But no more face stealing! You better behave, young man. And bring your scarf, you know how cold the--
>not in front of my friends, mom
>oh, sorry sweetie. Here, have some money, but you better be here before the next convergence, or me and your father are going to have a serious talk with you.
>>
>>88547562
bryke laso wanted zuko uncle as a bad guy who just spy on him and teach firebending bad on pourpose(as a joke)
>>
>>88557296

No fucking way
>>
>>88557335
Yeah, but based Aaron stopped it.
>>
Critical Acclaim is just another word for circle jerk
>>
File: lucas.jpg (46KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
46KB, 700x400px
Avatar the Last Airbender was good because it wasn't just Mike and Bryan. There were competent producers and storytellers on their team who reigned in their worst impulses and transformed their mediocre vision into something interesting and unique.

The Legend of Korra was literally just Mike and Bryan. They whined to Nickelodeon to give them a new show and Nickelodeon didn't really want to. They pushed and pushed and got what they wanted - it isn't Nickelodeon's fault for not wanting to fund some half baked non-story based on "WELL SHE'S BROWN."

But Mike and Bryan got their sacred cow and immediately regretted it, because they realized that the authors and competent writers they had before were responsible for their success, not anything they themselves contributed.

So they tried new things and attempted to take the show in new directions with only the barest thread of a plot to carry it all through - it failed, and they got desperate.

Bryan and Mike had to choose between being remembered as hacks who relied on much more talented people or being remembered as BOLD STYLISTIC ARTISTS who don't need no studio. So they tossed in lesbians for the hell of it and minted their general failure to find an audience as evidence of systemic oppression and homophobia - the classic 2DEEP4U dodge.

They are marketing men, not artists.
>>
So why did lok have so much shittier choriography anyway
>>
>>88557493
I guess part of it was because they hired a martial expert in tricking and focused more on that than actual martial arts
>>
>>88548333
>People who KEPT watching something enjoyed it
No shit. Hatewatching something is an Internet thing, and the vast majority of people don't have time for that shit.
>>
>>88547866
>As does Lin Bei Fong, one of the show’s standout characters, who is finally forced to deal with her huge issues with her own sibling – another strong, terrific female character the show does quite well.
>quite well

shit taste right there
>>
>>88559170
also
>There’s a running theme here that I find distasteful, these men making war literally upon her body, taking control of it and using it against her
>>
>>88546829
I forgot how much I love stand-up Amon.
>>
>>88547601
>over eight million views
a guy spinning a bottle of water cn make like 41 millons view on youtube
>>
>>88548467
>another cute tyrannical female villain.
Who was the first
>>
>>88545177
it didn't become good until after nick took a steaming shit on it. bryke's collective hubris killed the show, thinking they didn't need the original writing staff to keep things grounded. by the time guys like ehasz were back on board, the show had already run everyone except the real diehards out of town with its horrifically bad second season.
>>
>>88545246
Basically this.

Loud House will probably survive because they finally have a show which beats the Sponge and the FoP Zombies in ratings (which may sadly make them think all the previous cancellations were justified as clearly the system "can work out"), but this is also fresh off the heels of the Harvey Beak saga too
>>
>>88545474
What's Aaron up to these days anyway?
>>
>>88549489
Should have been on adult swim or something. Then at least it could have been marketed to the "edgy" older teen crowd at the time not just "GIR, pigs, random shit"
>>
>>88559383
I think he meant Azula.
>>
>>88555695
slutty korra! slutty korra! slutty korra! slutty korra!
>>
>>88545474
It's the George Lucas syndrome. One incredible success, and then they think their shit doesn't stink and can do no wrong.
>>
>>88545177
While Korra had problems, LOTS of good shows and movies get shitty treatment because some producer or exec is being a faggot. It happens all the time.
>>
>>88553784
It never reaches the same quality as the original show (even at AtLA's worst) and it actually becomes outright bad by the time of the second season. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, you're better off avoiding it.
>>
>>88561070
Season 3 could've been better if Zaheer gave Korra a strong aphrodisiac that makes her go on a sexual rampage and bangs every man in the EK. She would then lose the avatar state by being impure and tasting the forbidden fruit.
>>
>>88563112

It is impossible for Korra to muster up the mental discipline required to enter the avatar state when the lightest breeze causes her to experience trembling fullbody orgasms.
>>
>>88563320
Bummer because I sorta thought she would be in the avatar state to go on a sexual rampage to feel like a fertility goddess.
>>
>>88559801
That means he is wrong.
>>
>>88563483
Why is it always fertility goddesses with you people?
>>
>>88564026
It's about the life and death cycle. Sex fueled Korra can kill a hundred men and make a thousand more.
>>
>>88555460
>although it did explain how the whole reincarnation works in that universe.
Explaining things that don't need an explanation is the entire problem of the Wan episodes.
>>
File: giphy.gif (486KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
486KB, 475x356px
>>88566477
I have to agree with this. The concept in TLA was a simplified Jaina philosophy it was very black and white and gave no implications of an all spirit connecting the lives/souls.

If anything the Wan story has further muck and confused what was once a very simple and straight forward concept.
Why are the Chakras needed if the Avatar state is simply an all powerful spirit?
Why did Aang not see her when completing his Chakras?
Why did this spirit only make her presence know to Wan and no one else?

What the writer(s) might have thought was a cool idea didn't think everything through, to roll this curtain back it devalued the Avatar not elevated it. What was once seen as a mystical event that was in motion and could even be seen as beyond human comprehension of it's purpose has been boil down to the most pathetic state of a spirit trying to clean the mess of a young boy. It's sad really, we all thought season 2 was going to be a great exploration of spirits and their world but it turn into a season that ruin everything people loved about the series and killed such a large following they had going. Like that one post said, it's like the Star Wars prequels and it ruin everything that made the first series so great.
>>
>>88545329
>>88545329
Normies still believe networks have families and their best interests at heart
>>
>>88547998
Why do they hate Destiny?
>>
>>88567457
No normie thinks that if anything to think Nick sabotage it is complete bullshit. After the ratings success of Book 1 they gave them a binding contract for 3 more books and a time slot the fucking team ask for. Things didn't get rocky till the ratings dived and reruns of other shows were kicking new episodes asses in ratings. It would make no sense for Nick to sabotage something they just gave millions too before book 2 even aired to want it killed. They killed it because the team fuck up so bad with 10+ episodes that it killed ratings and fans.
>>
>>88567582
Mix of disjointed story telling and over detailing information that wasn't needed while ignoring story elements that did need to be answered for a more clearer plot to form.
>>
File: Bubbles Reboot face when.jpg (43KB, 700x421px) Image search: [Google]
Bubbles Reboot face when.jpg
43KB, 700x421px
>>88550586
What I can see happening in a worst case would be a Avatar Reboot, with a cheaper more western style animation.
Like what Ben 10 got....Imagine that.
>>
>>88567849
I doubt they will even get that. The creative team wants more Korra and Nick doesn't, it's why they are pushing comics for them now. Korra basically reaffirm what Nick thought back in 2001 that a high cost action show isn't profitable, TLAB prove them wrong but thanks to the failure that was Korra they can and have hand waved that TLAB was a fluke and it's just not profitable. Thanks Bryke, you guys fuck it up so bad it's basically dead.
>>
>>88567962
No I mean a reboot with a "Mix" of action and comedy, but its clearly comedy.
>>
>>88567629
Fans tend to cope when things don't go as they want. Rather than just accepting the flaws and loving it, warts and all, they rather stand and claim the death was because of some evil force controlling everything behind the scenes. That sometimes happens, but Legend Korra shows that some creative teams if given enough rope they will just hang themselves.
>>
>>88545324
teen titans go is actually good though
>>
>>88567629
I always like imagining a world where Book 2 never happen, like have spirits break free and start up the events of Book 3 and 4. Things would have been so much better, we might have had a new Avatar series by now.
>>
>>88567685

Also wanking the previous series' MC at the expense of the current batch of MCs.
>>
I'm surprised that the show didn't reveal who Suyin and Lin's fathers were. Toph seems like the type who would embarrassing her family by telling steamy stories about her escapades.
>>
>>88559801

But she isn't a villain.
>>
File: bd8.png (235KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
235KB, 1190x906px
>>88545177
>Green lit the show
>signed on 3 more seasons and gave them over 30 million for said seasons to be produced before season 2 even started production.
>gave them the time slot they ask for season 2
>made sure all the episode air in some fashion and gave more money for the DVD releases
>treat it like shit

I am so sick of apologist trying to rewrite the history of things.
>>
>>88568604
Toph did reveal who Lin's father was. Some nobody named Kanto
>>
>>88570124
Comics don't count, if I don't see it in the show it's not true.
>>
>>88570145
That's not from the comics. Toph says it in Operation Beifong.
>>
>>88570124
Yeah, but I thought Toph would be more graphic, talking about how she met Kanto in a bar and her thrysts with him in front of everyone.
>>
>>88551679
Nick "leaked" them on purpose.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.