[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I liked My Gym Partner's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1448552236699.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448552236699.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I liked My Gym Partner's a Monkey. It had a great premise, a great cast (Brian Doyle murray for one), and some creative re-imaginings of many tales from all our school days and even some new ones. Throw in crazy animal antics and you've got a winning formula.

It was one of CN's last good cartoons before they really went under imo, before Stuart "Jew" Snyder took over in 2007 and utter shit like Chowder, Flapjack, Johnny test, Total drama island, and Out of Jimmy's Head came in.
>>
File: Jake Gasp.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jake Gasp.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>88539763
Jake was really gay for Adam but overall I like the cartoon.
>>
>>88539763
You're allowed to like anything you want but:

>great premise
"School, only ____" is a terrible premise

>a great cast
It had a fairly typical slew of VA's, none of which had a really inspired performance

>Throw in crazy animal antics
The animal gags were all pretty cheap broseph. And they were the only thing resembling humor in this mess.

Chowder and Flapjack run circles around this show.
>>
It was alright. I thought the fish tube through the entire school was a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>88539998
>Cartoon Network didn't die in 2004, and instead it died in 2007.
That's correct though
>>
>>88540128
>we got that show that we shouldn't mention
Which show? The only show we shouldn't mention I can think of got its own board, and that wasn't even on Cartoon Network.
>>
i liked it
i liked camp lazlo too

>utter shit like Flapjack
fuck you
flapjack was one of the few cartoons with an appreciation for puns
>>
>>88540326
Oh. Well OP already mentioned it.
>>
pretty damn awesome show about a wimp becoming a man
>>
>>88539763
There was certainly something about it
>>
>>88539763
It had great potential, but it all ended up with thousands of "LOL BUTT MONKEY" jokes.
>>
>>88539763
meh

i'd watch it when i came across it
>>
>>88539763
>Chowder
>Flapjack
>shit
it's a good thing the show matches your garbage tastes, OP.
>>
File: Flesh Fur Fantasy.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh Fur Fantasy.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
It was a genuinely decent show. The first season was pretty stale and they had had the type of sterility that eventually gave away as they found where they wanted to go with the show. The same thing happened with Camp Lazlo. They were both enjoyable to watch once they worked through their issues.

Chowder had the misfortune to get worse over time, but with his experience with working on/making Chowder, Greenblatt's new show is really much much better. Flapjack was a decent show too, but I thought they could have done a lot more with the setting and side characters.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.