[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Danny Phantom have been a better show if it had been released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: YODANNYPHANTOMHEWASJUSTFOURTEEN.jpg (13KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
YODANNYPHANTOMHEWASJUSTFOURTEEN.jpg
13KB, 182x268px
Would Danny Phantom have been a better show if it had been released later?

It always felt like it really wanted to have a kind of plot arc and character development that Nickelodeon's format wasn't really suited for, but that might've fit in with the direction stuff like Gravity Falls and Adventure Time have been pushing towards in more recent years.
>>
>>88524036
Only if Steve Marmel stayed for all five seasons.
What the hell did Butch Hartman do to him?
>>
>>88524191
Butch Hartman fucked over the network, so Nick fucked over his staff, budget, and airtimes.
>>
>>88524839
What the fuck is he even saying?
>>
>>88524036
Danny Phantom is really a product of its time. It came out in the mid-aughts; it didn't age well.
I can't see it airing in the '10s.
>>
>>88524036
For an action comedy show by Butch Hartman, Danny Phantom got really fucking real sometimes.
Like, I'm still fucked over by the clone episode and the future Danny episode.
I think it made that impact because most of the time the show is tween trash, complete with high school stereotypes that were thirty years too stale even when it was airing. So then when the really serious episodes aired the audience was caught off guard.

Gravity Falls and Adventure Time were a little less campy, but I don't remember Gravity Falls or Adventure Time having episodes where the children die or get dissected by their fathers.
>>
>>88525117
The scene where Future Danny after being separated/merged with Vlad's ghost half goes to kill his cowering human self is probably one of the most scary things I've ever seen in a cartoon for kids.
>>
>>88524839
there are adults out there right now wallowing in conspiracy theories like this
>>
>>88525301
There was this weird motif in the show where Danny was uncomfortable around himself or versions of himself.
Danny had trouble making ghost copies of himself; Danny doesn't like being his human half and ghost half split up; Dark Danny kills his human self; Danny slaughters his clones; Danny leaves the girl clone homeless.

I guess that was because Danny wasn't comfortable with himself because he was a teenager. A lot of people think it was because Danny secretly hates himself.
>>
>>88524036
It should have had a slightly more sinister tone and different art. It really felt like "Fairly Odd Parents for teenage girls" at times.
>>
>>88524036
I liked the first season more when it was more about a teen with superpowers. And not the more generic superhero show it turned into in later seasons.

>>88524839
Umm, says the guy who backs a fucking child rapist cult member. Fuck his opinion and fuck him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.