[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the new Star Wars comics worth a read? Apparently it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Are the new Star Wars comics worth a read? Apparently it's some kind of new canon and Jason Aaron and Greg Rucka are writing some of them?
>>
>>88511787
Not really, no.
>>
No. If you like the previous EU fanfic it's pretty much just more EU fanfic.
>>
File: 1463308138046.jpg (290KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463308138046.jpg
290KB, 1600x1200px
They aren't really canon. Disney will retcon them the moment it sees a need to.
>>
>>88511787
>Are the new Star Wars comics worth a read?
That panel was made with PhotoShop, not actually drawn. So have a guess.
>>
>>88511847
Yeah, canon's kind of lost all meaning at this point.
>>
>>88511787
Like the old EU, the new comics are hit and miss.
>>
>>88511787
Kanan and Vader are must reads.

That's all I can really say.
>>
>>88512504
This
>>
>>88511787
Vader's pretty good. I like how they showed the moment when Vader started becoming antagonistic towards the Emperor. Obi-Wan's side stories in the main series are good too.

That being said, Vader Down was fucking annoying.
>>
Gillen's Vader series is pretty much the only thing I've ever seen that successfully unites the characterization of Anakin with the characterization of Vader in a way that doesn't seem terrible. It does have goofy shit like an evil version of the OT protagonists (an evil Han, Chewie, C-P30 and R2D2) though if that bothers you, and the art can be shaky and sometimes blindingly obvious in which particular movie moment it's copied from. Even if you hate that if you like Vader being badass it's probably worth a try.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.