[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOON What do you want to see in it /co/? What do you not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

File: loshrebirth.jpg (257KB, 540x807px) Image search: [Google]
loshrebirth.jpg
257KB, 540x807px
SOON

What do you want to see in it /co/? What do you not want to see in it?
>>
>>88511603
No King or Hickman
Elsa Charretier on art
>>
Jeff Parker writting.
Doc Shaner on art.
>>
File: ProfImpossible.jpg (66KB, 575x498px) Image search: [Google]
ProfImpossible.jpg
66KB, 575x498px
>>88511603
A completely new team and setting, with no references or similarity to anything from the previous runs.

Seriously, I cannot be bothered to give a single fuck about the continuing tragic romance of Phantom Girl and Ultra Boy.
>>
>>88511906
So you just want a completely different book then?
>>
>>88511655
>Elsa Charretier
That would be neat, she has a nice kinda Timm-ian style. I really wanted Bilquis Evely after their appearance in Sugar & Spike, but she got the WW gig.
>>
>>88511603
The big three and a revolving cast of supporting characters.

Also bring back the Justice Society of America era Thom.
>>
>>88511861
>Doc Shaner on art.
You want ongoing or mini?
>>
>>88511861
Parker would be good. You know Busiek talked a bit about how he thinks about rebooting the Legion the other day?
>>
File: warren-ellis.jpg (76KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
warren-ellis.jpg
76KB, 500x330px
Just to see some heads explode.
>>
>>88512356
>Just to see some heads explode.
And some hard drives.
>>
File: BadCosmic.png (39KB, 432x557px) Image search: [Google]
BadCosmic.png
39KB, 432x557px
>In the year 3000, superheroes are needed but banned after the science police prove via research they do more harm than good!
>Rokk Krinn AKA Cosmic Boy refuses to the let the dream die, and sets up an underground nightclub as a cover for the activities of the LoSH where everyone dresses like he did in the late 1970s!
>>
>>88512009
>So you just want a completely different book then?
So you really want them to retell the classic Legion stories yet another time?
>>
File: 2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg (21KB, 447x640px) Image search: [Google]
2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg
21KB, 447x640px
welp
>>
>>88511655
I HTG that Hickman rumor wasn't true.

>>88512378
Not that anon, but it seems bizarre that 1) you would be into the legion but not into continuity 2) you can't conceive of anything other than full nostalgia or full novelty
>>
>>88512388
He needs to hurry the fuck up and finish Multiversity Too and Batman Black & White first.
>>
I think the legion are gonna come back as part of this supposed Dr. Manhattan metaplot, where the lost 10 years of the DCU have seriously impact their future. "Their" Superman being dead might mean they haven't had anyone to contact, hence why they're all split up and e.g. Saturn Girl is in Arkham.
>>
>>88511603
Honestly just leave it the fuck alone. I don't want the company that let it get to this point already get their greedy little paws on yet another historical legacy to ruin.
>>
>>88512434
Don't be that guy anon.
>>
File: DC is for white kids.jpg (56KB, 489x353px) Image search: [Google]
DC is for white kids.jpg
56KB, 489x353px
>>88512400
>you can't conceive of anything other than full nostalgia or full novelty
We've had the middle-ground before too, with genuinely alien Legionaires and new costumes and all the rest.
It always ends up being the same soap opera plot devices set to a flimsy Buck Rodgers quality space opera setting.

Convince me of a compelling need for a Legion comic book.
>>
>>88512476
I'm pretty shaky on the "compelling need" for any big 2 book my m8.
>>
>>88512476
>>88512570
...though, both soap opera and space opera are underrepresented in them at the moment.
>>
>>88512570
Exactly.
There's not exactly a lot of empty spaces on the shelves at this point.
And I don't hear of any writers itching to inject a lot of fresh new stories into the Legion of Superheroes mythos.

So I seriously question the need for more "Teens in the 30th Century think Superman is cool and fight space-crime" volumes.
>>
>>88512474
So when a company who has historically maintained a legacy for decades and then decides to not only push them aside but kill the legacy altogether we are supposed to drop to our knees and open wide when they bring it back for a quick sales boost? I'm fine with not being that guy.
>>
>>88512626
>So I seriously question the need for more "Teens in the 30th Century think Superman is cool and fight space-crime" volumes.
By that logic, all ongoing comics should be discontinued. Why are you in this thread if you're just going to bitch? How bout you fuck off and go talk about something you actually like. Because you do this in every thread, and it's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>88512626
I mean I would rather have that than another Iron Man book? Or another Bat book? As a one line hook I *like* that, although the LOSH are usually not teens anymore.
>>
>>88512400
Nit him, but it's entirely reasonable to like Legion but not want to see the series go down the same path again or continue a story that's spun its wheels for decades.
>>
>>88512755
>Implying CoIE is somehow special, let alone the other Crises and varying levels of retcon and reboot.
You should have boycotted them eons ago, you hypocrite.
>>
>>88512378
No, I want them to tell new and different stories but I want them to use some of the same characters. And it's not like they've told every possible story they could tell with those characters.
>>
>>88513654
Sure, but that's not necessarily the same thing as "every single part of it must be entirely new"
>>
>>88511603
I'd like to know the creative team first
>>
GIFFEN OR DEATH
>>
they just mess that up too..
it was good once.. or at least readable.. now.. not so much
>>
File: sumo_suits.jpg (42KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
sumo_suits.jpg
42KB, 499x338px
5 Legion books.

Legion of Superheroes by Moz/Quietly + rotating artists. 30th Cosmic future superheroes on a multiversal/crosstime scale.

L.E.G.I.O.N by Ellis/Pacheo. Vril Dox as a manipulative but ultimately benevolent barstard with a team of misfits forcefully drafted into a borderline fascist 20th century space police force.

Legion Lost by Hickman/Deodato. Adventures of a team of legionnaires lost in an unknown part of space-time.

Legionnaires by Millar/Finch. Teen superheroes with all of Millar's 90s Mortal Kombat cabinet come to life extreme edgelord stupidity. Probably has a lot of sex and drugs in it. If not Millar than Ennis.

The Legion by Johns/Frank. Old fashioned hopeful Silver Age style superheroics with modern sensibilities.

To decide which legionnaires out of the entire history of the property goes in each book, the creative teams have to fight each other while wearing these.
>>
>>88519366
I'd support that
>>
>>88519493

Thanks. Which part the creative team choices & book pitches or the creative teams having to fight each other while wearing sumo suits over who gets what Legion characters?
>>
>>88514767
>And it's not like they've told every possible story they could tell with those characters.
So mix up the shipping eh?

Because they've had all these decades and they've barely managed to introduce ANY good villains, so that's right out.
>>
>>88519588

The Dominators, Mordru, the Time Trapper are all pretty great villains and I barely follow DC let alone the Legion..
>>
>>88519588
>they've barely managed to introduce ANY good villains
Time Trapper, Emerald Empress, Fatal Five, Legion of Super Villains, Dominators, Mordru, Glorith, Lightning Lord are all pretty decent
>>
File: Frank Lampard.gif (971KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Lampard.gif
971KB, 245x176px
>>88519366
sounds like a good idea, never was a fan of Legion Lost though
>>
File: 2 dancing fat men.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
2 dancing fat men.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>88519644
isn't Emerald Empress in the Suicide Squad right now?
>>
>>88519366
>5 legion books
>5!!
>>
>>88512426

Given that Imra basically seemed to not give a flying fuck about Superbro dying, being all "It all works out.....", I think the Legion are more going to be the plot device that restores shit due to them being the only ones who KNOW the real nature of reality and fixing shit.
>>
>>88519564
The L.E.G.I.O.N. pitch and the fighting, mostly. But I'd read all of it to support the fighting.
>>
>>88519644
They've beaten the Fatal Five to death in the books, who shouldn't even be a serious threat to half of the Legion teams. The dominators are Evil Asian Aliens worthy of Lucas, Mordru is a silly fucking Space Wizard, Time Trapper is a plot device to fuck with continuity, and "Evil Versions of Us!" is a lame trope DC beat to death at least 40 years ago.

And Emerald Empress and Lightning Lord are members of two of the teams you mentioned separately.
>>
>>88519588
Have them deal with natural disasters and political conflicts, find out what the fuck Brainiac 3 decided to do for 500+ years and make that a thing, invent new criminals, have them look for "ancient" artifacts that could become a threat in the future (various Lantern batteries, for example).
>>
Legion has always had too many
"I'm the last of my OP race"
"I'm basically Robin-tier, maybe we should call cops"
"There's a whole planet of people with my powers, but I'm extra sassy".

The first step is better hero concepts than "I can use all of Superman's powers, but only one at a time, lol"
>>
>>88519994
When has DC ever written good political conflicts?
I'm serious.
The more pressing issue is that they can't write interesting Science Fiction, which sorta defeats the point of bringing back a hero team set in a far-future sci fi setting.
It ALWAYS ends up being relationship drama with a backdrop of rayguns and rocket ships.
>>
>>88519722
She'll be showing up in JL vs Suicide Squad
>>
>>88519995
>"I'm the last of my OP race"
Who does this apply to other than Element Lad?
>>
>>88519995
>>88520064
Man it just seems like you really fucking hate the Legion, right? Assuming you're the same guy attacking the core concepts right through this thread.

Shit Ultra Boy is a fun character. That's a fun restriction on the power set, and he's kind of a meathead so he gets the worst of it too.
>>
>>88520064
They've been close to it, they just need to find a writer who can and will be allowed to handle it.
>>
>>88520181
he did it in the last thread too
>>
>>88520122
The Kryptonians and as often as not the Daxamites?
>>
>>88520219
Yeah, Idunno. There's "Any Legion reboot needs to strike out boldly" and there's "I want to read an Image series about space teens."
>>
>>88520219
>>88520351
And then there's "They can really tell fresh new stories this time" when we are talking about a company that thinks Flash needed yet another Yellow Evil version of himself that's somehow faster.

You guys just want to be fed the same comfy pap.
>>
>>88519995
>"I can use all of Superman's powers, but only one at a time, lol"
that's actually a pretty neat restriction
>>
>>88520417
I mean, I'm not reading Flash. Cranky, I just feel like there's a middle ground you're missing here between the extremes.
>>
>>88520448
for some people it's just black and white
>>
File: Keith_Giffen_01.jpg (35KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Keith_Giffen_01.jpg
35KB, 400x600px
Keith on words
Chris Ecker on art
>>
>>88511603
Always fun to post this on a Legion thread.
http://mightygodking.com/i-should-write-the-legion/
There are more articles in the sidebar that continue this.
>>
>>88513692
Look up the last time DC didn't have a Legion book you sycophantic fuck.
>>
>>88523708
>livejournal
sadly too early for the age of memes
>>
>>88523708
they're reposted here

http://mightygodking.com/category/i-should-write-the-legion/

And yeah, they're pretty great ideas. His Doctor Strange pitches are interesting too.
>>
>>88526952
whoops, though that was the livejournal link, never mind
>>
>>88512356
It's amazing how much he looks like almost everyone I went to college with.
>>
>>88511861
Parker with Benes
>>
I'd prefer they go with a younger-seeming group (not necessarily as young as the Archie Legion, though half of that youthfulness was just the art) if they're going to try to keep a similar tone to the rest of the current books. Waid Legion was hello fellow kids, so it'd be nice if we could avoid that too.
And maybe hold off on the cast of thousands until a core 6-12 have time to grow personalities.
>>
File: LOSH patricary.jpg (73KB, 462x405px) Image search: [Google]
LOSH patricary.jpg
73KB, 462x405px
>>88511603

New characters, continued diversity push, also all my ships validated.

terrified of hickman rumors
>>
File: Vril_Dox_002.jpg (84KB, 660x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vril_Dox_002.jpg
84KB, 660x1024px
>what do you want to see
L.E.G.I.O.N.
Brainiac 5 is a dink, I want Doxx II!
>>
File: 1421286533336.jpg (31KB, 295x262px) Image search: [Google]
1421286533336.jpg
31KB, 295x262px
>>88519995

>The first step is better hero concepts than "I can use all of Superman's powers, but only one at a time, lol"

literally the best concept of all time gtfo son. there are other comics for you
>>
>>88530938
Archie Legion was Waid Legion too.

Why do people always seem to forget that?
>>
>>88531021
This is the book people should want King/Hickman to write.
>>
File: lsh_archives_09__0200.jpg (381KB, 1118x881px) Image search: [Google]
lsh_archives_09__0200.jpg
381KB, 1118x881px
>>88530981
>"diversity" push
>>
Blond lightning lad

Also Supergirl's POV no more blacked portrayals
>>
>>88531169
Archie hasn't been cool in a very long time. Threeboot was definitely trying to be that.
>>
>>88531463
I don't see how Archie could ever have been cool.
>>
>>88531261
>young Zapp Branigan
>>
>>88531021
>doxx
>>
>>88512388
That...actually sounds like a good idea. Lots of lore, obscure legionnaires and continuity he can play with after 50 or so years and four reboots. Plus he can still do meta-fuckery with Time Trapper if he really needed to.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.