[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOLY SHIT! i get why What ever happen to Robot jones is called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 179774.jpg (16KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
179774.jpg
16KB, 200x260px
Someone told me that What ever happen to Robot jones was a reboot of a cartoon from the 60s Titled "Robot Jones"! But i can't seem to find any infmostion on it.

Can you help me find some,to see if its true?
>>
>>88484321
>But i can't seem to find any infmostion on it.
Then your friend was probably full of shit.
>>
>>88484321
Is that the one where the robot had a crippled girlfriend?
>>
File: Shannon Westerburg.jpg (408KB, 626x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Shannon Westerburg.jpg
408KB, 626x1040px
>>88485388
Crippled love interest.
>>
>>88487127
Yeah, and if I remember, the fact that she has a metal leg was never commented on, for some reason.
>>
>>88484321
I don't think there ever was an original "Robot Jones" show, it just seemed like they tacked on the "whatever happened to" part to make it seem older since they had a lot of retro references and a schoolhouse rock artstyle.
>>
>>88487142
Wasn't that one of the reasons Robot Jones was attracted to her?
>>
>>88487873
Sort of, he's attracted to her for her "High metal content" but nobody ever directly comments on her leg. Which is kinda weird, since you'd think she'd get bullied over that kind of thing.
>>
>>88487259
Also its a cliche to say "what ever happened to...," when referring to some one you previously when to school with.
>>
>>88484321
someone lied to you
>>
>>88487940
no one makes fun of kids with metal legs, come on
>>
This show's title is really fitting for the show now as a whole

also apparently this show ended because Billy and Mandy happened
>>
>>88484321
>>88487259

So I could be totally wrong, but this is how I seem to remember it just from the top of my head.

Robot Jones' pilot actually won some kind of CN popularity contest to dictate what their next new original would be.

Then for two years, no news on the project. It basically died and dropped off a cliff.

Then all of the fucking sudden in 2002 it came out with the new "What ever happened to?" tacked on.

Yup, could be total bullshit, but fuck, what do you want from the internet, proper documentation?
>>
>>88488112
That wasn't the case at my school.
>>
>>88487940
>>88488112
>>88488949

i think a girl would be way more mocked for having orthodontic headgear than for having a prosthetic leg

a normie could have a prosthesis and not get teased

but no way is someone gonna have that headgear and not get mocked
>>
>>88488949
>>88489346
yeah, at my school, if you showed up with headgear, people would def make jokes. but they would eventually stop because no fun beating a dead horse. but only the monster kids would make a comment about someone having a prosthetic limb.
>>
>>88488176
Explain the spoiler further.
>>
anywhere to download good quality rips of this
>>
>>88489417
Well, my school bus rides consist of the entire back half of the bus repeatedly screaming "nigger" for the entire bus ride, so maybe I'm not the best judge of this.
>>
>>88484321
also, why did jones have two voice actors?
>>
>>88489777
consisted*. Typo, it was a while ago.
>>
>>88489797
They didn't have the rights to commercially use the text-to-speech software they originally used for his voice.

>>88489660
Not that anon, but Billy and Mandy was the first place choice out of that contest to decide the next CN original. Robot Jones was second. Billy and Mandy became a huge hit immediately out of the gate. CN realized there was no reason to hedge their bets and cultivating an audience just in case their viewers backed the wrong horse originally was a wasted effort. So they stopped caring and eventually pulled the plug.
>>
>>88489797
I honestly preferred the second one.
>>
>>88489851
same it fit jones pretty well I think
although it wouldn't have hurt to have a subtle robot voice filter on the kid to fit jones better
really wish they made more episodes
>>
>>88489777
wow, your school sucked
>>
>>88488613
What I remember is different : that Mike, Lu and Og was the cartoon that won a popularity contest.

It won over King Crab, Space Crustacean. Which, btw, would have been an infinitely better series than MLaO.

Dont remember much about RJ origins
>>
>>88490593
It did, yeah.
>>
>>88487127
I seem to recall her being a bitch. Can I get some confirmation.
>>
The school life had a certain Gumball vibe.
>>
>>88491786
She was a bitch.
>>
>>88491786
I remember her coming off as bitchy in some episodes, but I also remember her being pretty nice in some episodes too.

I only really remember the puberty episode.
>>
File: 1481318546583.jpg (2MB, 1773x1626px) Image search: [Google]
1481318546583.jpg
2MB, 1773x1626px
robot jones wasn't based on anything

it was suppose to look like an old cartoon

it was too patrician
>>
>>88491786
For some reason I will never understand, I psuedo-marathoned this series over the course of the summer. She was whatever the plot needed her to be but normally that meant she was a huge bitch.

>>88494951
It didn't look "old" old, it just looked like Schoolhouse Rock. Wasn't it made by the same guy?
>>
>>88491029
>King Crab, Space Crustacean
i wanted to fuck the indian doctor thing
>>
>>88488613
It was still called What Ever Happened to Robot Jones in the contest. And it didn't win.
>>
>>88495260
Was that cartoon intended to be retro? Because it seemed pretty retro.
>>
>>88495699
idk, looks like most cartoons from the 90s.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.