[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the butthurt over the Ganke-esque Ned Leeds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (37KB, 530x277px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
37KB, 530x277px
I don't get the butthurt over the Ganke-esque Ned Leeds in "Homecoming". Spider-Man is a legacy character now and adaptations always crib the best aspects of these and assign them to the most popular character. Look at Ang adaptation of the Flash for evidence.
>>
Because the flash does doesn't make it any less lame.

Peter was a loner in high school
>>
>>88483621
I don't understand why they renamed him Ned Leeds. Why not just call him Ganke Lee? If he has to be renamed why not just make him Harry Osborn? Why Ned Leeds of all people, it seems so random?
>>
>>88484045
They might be trying to save Harry and Gwen for college so they can say they're closer to the source material than previous attempts were.
>>
>>88484045
What kind of Asian surname is Leeds?
>>
>>88484246
Are we sure its not ned lee like in spectacular?
>>
>>88484206
I never knew Peter didn't meet Harry until college. Does that make me a pleb?
>>
>>88483621
Not muh

This movie will flop.
>>
>>88485903
No such thing.
>>
>>88483621

It's also not strange. Who the fuck outside of a few hardcore fans on /co/ knows who "Ganke" is?
>>
"It's okay when Marvel does it!"
>>
>>88485903
yes
>>
>>88484045
to annoy Bendis and withhold him from creator royalties duh.
>>
>>88486084

People who read Spider-Man comics
>>
>>88486122

But not the people that a Spider-Man movie appeals to.
>>
>>88486084
At this point more people than those who know who Ned Leeds is.
>>
>>88486134
That's not the target audience for any Marvel movie.
>>
>>88486137

Maybe in 30 years. Maybe.
>>
>>88485903
No because that was so fucking long ago that its probably before you were born.

Spidey being an eternal child is confusing as fuck for marvel eds who think he's 15 still.
>>
>>88485903
The reason you think that is probably because so much stuff in the last two decades reinforced the idea that Peter knew Harry in high school. Ultimate (both the comic and TV show), the Raimi films (and by extension the MTV cartoon, which used the first film as a starting point), Marvel Adventures, Spectacular, that recent Spidey comic, and some others, probably. The Webb films didn't introduce Harry until ASM2, when Peter and Gwen were in college, but I think Peter knew Harry before that.
>>
>>88487757
He did, Peter and Harry were childhood friends in that.

The truth is most adaptations place Peter's college supporting cast in high school because it's simply easier and neater.
>>
>>88487898
Well that and also because the Green Goblin's one of his most well-known foes. So if you need to bring in the Goblin you need to also bring in Harry.
>>
>>88484045
I also don't really get why they called him Ned over Ganke other than they're setting him for Hobgoblin or just because Ned and Betty Brant are a thing in the movie.
>>
Nobody cares, except the single Milesfag on here
>>
>>88484045
I think it's fairly obvious why they did that, its a thin veneer they were hoping would throw people off the fact that Ned is a re appropriated Ganke. I don't think it was enough to prevent the problem they're going to run into, but it might lesson it.

The main problem that Marvel would have had, had they had made Ganke Peter's best friend, is SJW's being upset. One of the black spider-man's few defining characteristics re-appropriated for the white spider-man? You can imagine the blog posts. People were already calling for Marvel's Spider-man to be Miles, and that would just feel like a slap in the face to them.

Then there's always the chance that Marvel worried that throwing in an entirely unrelated character into Peter's mythos would ruffle some old school fans. So they slapped a familiar name on him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this decision will help prevent anything, but at least Bendis won't get royalties
>>
>>88487980
The single Milesfag is probably Benis tho
>>
>>88486337
In 30 years, Ganke will be as forgotten as Ned Leeds. The only thing Ned Leeds is remembered for at this point is NOT being Hobgoblin.
>>
Because when they get around to Miles, they'll have to drastically change Ganke.
>>
>>88490370
>Ever doing Miles
Kek
>>
>>88483621
Even if they took out Ganke, it wouldn't stop this movie from sucking dicks.
>>
>>88484045
Ganke is a stupid name.
>>
>>88483621
>crib the best aspects of these and assign them to the most popular character
Being an overweight Asian middle schooler is Ned Leeds' best aspect?
>>
What do you think the odds are that Marvel is selling the movie as if it isn't an origin story, but when the film comes out the first 30 minutes will be a condensed version of the origin?.
>>
>>88488174
This desu.
>>
>>88484045

If they used Ganke that means Disney would have to pay Bendis a royalty check. Disney has been known to screw creators out of their work. So why would they change now.
>>
>>88491614
30 minutes? No. There'll be an Uncle Ben flashback, but that would be like having a Batman film without any references to muh parents. Spidey has an extremely good origin.
>>
>>88491544
How does someone miss the point this hard?
>>
>>88483621
Spergs gonna sperg
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.