[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Uhh.. Peter marrying to supermodel is not relatable... Well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

>Uhh.. Peter marrying to supermodel is not relatable...

Well what about change Mary Jane into cosplayer, would that work?
>>
>>88483536
>Peter marrying to supermodel is not relatable
That's the point, though. Pete is by design the ultimate self-insert for the teenage boy.
>>
>>88483536
Pete didn't marry a supermodel, he married a woman who eventually became one.
>>
>>88483536
So Spider-Man becomes Rubber Ross?
>>
>>88483820
This.
This is why teenaged readers shouldn't be allowed to impact canonical comic books. If you're not going to bother reading up on a character you profess to love then just how much do love that character?
Fake gamer girls, meet fake comic fans.
>>
>>88483563
Yuck. Keep that shot outta my Spider Man. I want to read about an actual character
>>
>>88483844
>>88483820
regardless of that, Spidey's been through so much shit he deserves to fuck a supermodel.
>>
>>88483536
>Uhh.. Peter marrying to supermodel is not relatable...
Marrying one isnt for sure. But the sense of karmic retribution after getting shit on for so long definitely is. Every fan is nothing but happy for Peter when he gets his, by marrying his sweetheart and hot girlfriend.
And even if she wasnt a supermodel, it is kind of expected for a superhero to marry someone hot.
>>
Really, does MJ being a supermodel even matter? 99% of the comic artist draw women in the superhero wold as 8/10+ ms. universes anyways. Few exceptions being kids, parents, and grandmas.
>>
>>88483536
Soo, you want him to bang your self-insert, Gwenpool
>>
>Not liking realistic fiction
>>
>>88484340
It's fiction, what's with these people always wanting everything to be realistic? If anything disliking unrealistic fiction is ironic as fuck.
I want to be able to enjoy both types.
>>
>>88483563
Which is why they needed to change it
>>
>>88483932
>>88484407
There are a lot of other superheroes out there for you to read about.
Peter is supposed to be the way he is. It's better to kill the character than change it.
>>
>>88483536
Why make it realistic?
>>
>>88484466
Because it wasnt realistic enough before
>>
On one hand, I hate people who want unrealistic fantasy fiction to be "realistic" and "practical". Hate them with a passion.

On the other hand, I like cosplay girls.
>>
>>88484519
People often confuse "realistic" with "plausible".
Plausible makes things fun. Realistic is lazy and gets boring much faster.
>>
>>88484678
to give an example, it is plausible to see a comic where a teenager gets superpowers from a radioactive spider bite. Realistic would be that kid getting cancer instead.
>>
>>88483536
Fuck off Quesada
>>
>>88484678
I think ultimately both can lead to the same thing in the same hands.
Is Peter Parker being bit by a radioactive spider and gaining powers, then using those powers for shallow gain and to allow evil to run amuck because it didn't really matter to him only for his callousness to bite him back in the worst way with the death of his Uncle plausible? No it's a pretty massive coincidence and a lot of elements are downright impossible in reality.
Frankly Peter getting set up on a blind date by his aunt with a girl who just so happens to become a supermodel and he makes an impression is a lot more plausible than most the shit that happens to him.
People don't want realism or "plausibility" they just want something that they feel "works" with their preconceived notions of that world. When people say realistic they really mean something that panders to their superficial ideas of realistic or plausible. That's why tacticool is a thing. It's usually tons of bells and whistles that communicate the idea "this has functionality" when in reality it has very little. Sort of think of it like massive muscular superheroes when in reality being a massive hulking ultradefined lunk isn't exactly necessary to be a powerful combatant but that very clearly communicates the ideas they want to put forth with that character.

I'm rambling
tldr; Capeshit typically isn't realistic or plausible, and people don't actually want that they just want certain conventions of fiction that cater to their ideals of how things should progress. It's pretty much what suspension of disbelief is all about.
If any of that makes sense.
>>
>>88485037
I think you sound like a faggot. But I agree.
There are a lot of comics out there that deals with a lot of different subjects and has different purposes.
Even in capeshit you have this, so why try and change it and not just embrace it (like how the Japs did with manga).
Let everyone have their own favourite comic and hero, instead of having one comic that everyone is supposed to like.

Spider-Man is a good example since he was created as a power fantasy and self insert for the pubescent boy.
You can't expect a 35 year old woman to like Spider-Man. So leave it at that and instead create a comic for than woman.
Or for a 42 year old male who has worked as a car mechanic half his life.
Or for a 13 year old girl who loves horses and Transformers.
Or for whomever.
>>
>>88485194

>power fantasy

That's not really a thing outside fanfiction though.
>>
>>88485303
Yes it is. But why power fantasies has to be a bad thing is just ridiculous. It's escapism as much as anything else.
>>
>>88485303
It totally can be though it's pretty overused.
Personally Pete being a power fantasy seems simplistic. While a lot of Pete's story is showing off how cool it is to be Spidey a lot of it is a pretty shit life as well. Even if he gets to sleep 6 or more inches deep in a super model their life was still pretty rife with bullshit.
>>
>>88483536
is she still a bitch?
>>
>>88485361
>6 or more inches dee
There's a fair bit of fanart that seems to imply the exact opposite of this length.
>>
>>88485435
>fan art
Yes, K-Box. And nothing more.
>>
>>88483536
He has superpowers, that ain't relatable either.
>>
How did this go from" relatability" to "realistic?"
>>
>>88483820
bingo.
>>
>>88485639
Realism is relatable
Supposedly
>>
>>88485733
That's just, no.
>>
>>88485795
It makes sense. Though it generalizes the concept.
Realism IS relatable in the context
But Relatable isn't always realism
>>
File: vera baby.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vera baby.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>88483536

make it this cosplayer
>>
File: NotExcitedCyclops.png (156KB, 244x485px) Image search: [Google]
NotExcitedCyclops.png
156KB, 244x485px
>>88486000
>Those tattoos
No thanks. Is it so hard for people to get good tattoos that don't seem like random pictures all over their body?
>>
File: ELISE.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ELISE.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>88486000

or perhaps this mary jane cosplayer
>>
>>88486000
Jesus fucking christ plz no I've already fapped thrice today and my dick still hurts.
>>
>>88483536
That isn't why their marriage ended though.
Idiot.
>>
>>88486000
Fuck, I hate Spider-Man but now I wanna be him.
Or I could be a Spider-Man villain who gets to tap that
>>
>>88483536
Pete is:
>smart
>good looking
>fit
>a nice guy
Why is it impossible for him to find a good looking chick?
>>
>>88483536
Literally every girl in comics is super model teir. Everyone complaining about how he ended up with a supermodel is retarded.
>>
>>88486307
Because "She can never know muh secret! It's to keep her safe!" And then they end up hating him for all the lies and deceit.
>>
>>88486377
Meh, men hide bigger secrets from women all the time.
>>
>>88486377
But when he does tell them it's either too much for them go handle or it gets them in danger.
>>
File: ratio questions answers.png (107KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
ratio questions answers.png
107KB, 313x161px
>>88486049
Its only 10 am. How could you have fapped 3 times already? Why would you fap enough to make your dick hurt? Why wouldn't you fap through the pain?
>>
>>88486413
Yeah, I hide one... in my pants
>>
Why do people still complain about this? Find me one superhero who isn't dating someone who looks like a supermodel.
>>
File: Mj-stand-by.png (1MB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
Mj-stand-by.png
1MB, 800x792px
>>88486377
But he eventually let her in on it. And besides with all the bullshit Peter as Peter has been through his emotional issues understandable.
Plus it's not like there aren't women who don't stick with a guy despite all the bullshit he puts them through.
>>88486448
Not him but man you have no idea how easily a guy can fap himself raw....jeez I'm just remembering back to days when would beat my dick sore just going for hours on end. All through the night and into the morning. I'm pretty sure I'm still going through the refractory period despite it being years ago.
>>
>>88486448
It's 18:20, though.
>>
>>88486448
>Why would you fap enough to make your dick hurt?
Because I'm bored
>Why wouldn't you fap through the pain?
Oh, I'll fap at least 2 more times today.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.