[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Believe me if you want to, but I work staff at CN. The original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: thefinal.jpg (56KB, 1105x689px) Image search: [Google]
thefinal.jpg
56KB, 1105x689px
Believe me if you want to, but I work staff at CN. The original title of the SU episode "Gem Drill" was "For We Are Many." A reference to the Bible in which Jesus confronts a possessed man and confronts the demon for his name, who replies "My name is Legion, for we are many."

The title was scrapped because overt religious reference is really hard to get past censors, especially with such dark connotation.
>>
>>88475976
Forgive me for asking but, with steven universe as it is, plus the fact the the creator is of jewish(they only believe in god as the one true god, not jesus) background, why would they even consider that title in the first place?
>>
>>88476874
I know it sounded stupid, but it felt like a good question when i thought about it
>>
File: cnking.jpg (179KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
cnking.jpg
179KB, 768x768px
>>88476874
>>88476899
No need to apologize.

1) Rebecca Sugar is ethnically Jewish, but she is essentially non practicing.

2) You don't have to agree with beliefs to take inspiration from them. The villain of the 2006 Sonic game is Iblis, a name of the devil in Islam.

If you don't know, the Cluster is an amalgam of millions of shattered gems, and still had a form of consciousness that Steven was able to communicate with in the episode. The title is very fitting as the Cluster is a forced fusion made through artificial means and unlike other fusions doesn't have a singular mind.
>>
>>88476874
Not OP but I am a (((Jew))) and I love that Christian allegorical crap. Compare the incredibly diverse body of Bible fanfiction like the Divine Comedy or Paradise Lost to Hebrew school exercises like kabbalah or gematria.
>>
>>88477132
>>88476874 here, Thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>88475976
I doubt this is legit, but that's a really neat thought. Not like there's already a lot of parallels between Steven and Jesus anyways.
>>
File: Jasper sun hat.png (276KB, 800x776px) Image search: [Google]
Jasper sun hat.png
276KB, 800x776px
I got two questions, one about the show and one about the staff and the fandom. You don't have to answer both.

1) I remember near the beginning of the shows run that Sugar said this was more slice of life than action/plot. Is that still true going forward, or is the paradigm shifting?

2) Is they staff getting a bit skittish around the fandom, what with tumblr's outbursts, and now the Lapidot writer being booted off and badmouthing Sugar?

Bonus) What's the deal with all these hiatuses? Is CN trying to kill the show?
>>
>>88477434
"Three gems and a Baby" straight up had Three Kings around Mary and baby Jesus imagery
>>
>>88477610
Yeah, that's the sort of thing i'n talking about.
>>
My uncle works at Nintendo and fucks Shigeru Miyamoto tight little asian boypussy all day long.
>>
>>88477434
Fucking of course it isn't it's pretentious "kino" shit that gets passed around BvS threads.

"It's a reference to the Bible that makes it deep" hurr durr durr, just because it references anime doesn't literally make it every other anime in existence.
>>
File: smoke.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>88477456

1) While Rebecca's statement was a little misleading (purposely), she is actually kind of correct. All of the story arcs, lore, and history is a part of Steven's life. So is the arcade on the boardwalk. We see the world through the eyes of something hectic, extraordinary, emotionally draining life, who manages to keep smiling and keep laughing. While obviously an episode like "Horror Club" doesn't hold as much significance as "Rose's Scabbard" or "Keeping it Together," Rebecca has made it very clear that she wants to put just as much effort into the breather episodes because of how important they are to her.

2) Of course. This shit is ridiculous.

Bonus: Season 4 is kind of a mess right now in terms of airing and progression, so they've kind of just let the boarders do whatever they want. After such an eventful summer, the show needs a jump start. The hiatus is to give time for hype to build, episodes to be produced, and for conversation about the show to rise, though at this point if CN continues they are going to drown their ratings. Don't be mistaken, there is no problem with writing at this point. The only real issues they've been having is what to do with Lapis at this point. One of the most impressive parts of this show in my opinion was that it was almost completely written from day 1, with minor changes along the way.
>>
File: Japer sundress.jpg (40KB, 564x695px) Image search: [Google]
Japer sundress.jpg
40KB, 564x695px
>>88477639
What really confuses me about the series is that someone on the staff said there are no holidays. Like, absolutely none, which I find a really odd decision.
Humans love celebrating things, and our first holidays were based around the turning of the seasons. I can't see why they would say that the world of Steven Universe has no holidays.

>>88477667
Cool story bro. Can he get me Breath of the Wild for free?

>>88477712
Thanks.
Have more canon best girl.
>>
>>88477741
I can send you one of his used condoms. What's your address?
>>
>>88477783
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006.
>>
>>88477821
That's my dad's address.
>>
File: 045.png (534KB, 979x548px) Image search: [Google]
045.png
534KB, 979x548px
>>88477712
How do they view the different websites that house fanbases?

What do they think of us? Are any of them vocal against a certain part?
>>
File: 1479610375912.jpg (80KB, 544x372px) Image search: [Google]
1479610375912.jpg
80KB, 544x372px
>>88475976
Do you believe, whether in terms of comics and/or cartoon series, that there is a chance we will see Steven as a grown gem-warrior deity? Or hell, any sort of events that take place in the future?
>>
File: mgs4-1-lg.jpg (172KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
mgs4-1-lg.jpg
172KB, 700x568px
>>88477843
BROTHER!
>>
>>88477870
I do not work with the crew directly most of the time, but I do know some of them browse /sug/.

Rebecca has said that 4chan influenced a lot of her life as an artist and her sense of humor, an interesting statement indeed. Of course, 2000s 4chan and current 4chan are two very different places.
>>
>>88477741
>What really confuses me about the series is that someone on the staff said there are no holidays. Like, absolutely none, which I find a really odd decision.
>Humans love celebrating things, and our first holidays were based around the turning of the seasons. I can't see why they would say that the world of Steven Universe has no holidays.

There's so much in Steven Universe that just runs counter to human nature. Like, why are humans so indifferent to gems? Curiosity is one of the most important aspects of human nature. We're practically drawn to things that kill us until we can figure out how to make them NOT kill us. Are volcanos, or lions big, unfathomable mysteries? No, we threw corpse after corpse at them until we took apart a lion piece by piece and understood every last inch of it.

This is to say nothing about the idea that there was no WWII. How are there computers and cell phones then?
>>
>>88477951
It's almost as if the show is poorly thought out and written.
>>
>>88477875
Well I actually have no idea, but knowing Sugar she'll do something like that. She's really into different outfits and forms for characters, and one of the only ones who hasn't changed their outfit or look much is Steven.
>>
>>88477951
>>88477986
If you're looking for an answer for the WW question, other wars took place instead many of them fueled by certain gem events such as a monster being found or a temple creating a stir in the people. Eventually humans made an unofficial collective agreement to just stay away from that shit. The ones that don't usually end up...well...remember those skeletons in Amethyst's room? They probably tried to track a Centipeetle, or inspect the Geode, or climb the Sea Spire.
>>
>>88477942
>2000s 4chan
Seems so long ago. I can barely remember the archaic memes from those days. Caturday, Cockmongler, Pedobear, Snacks...Long Cat...
Wonder which ones laughed at most?
Maybe I wish to be the little girl?
>>
>>88475976
I know nothing about steven universe, so I'll just ask this; how's working at CN like?
>>
>>88475976
Every thread like this one, including this one, in all of 4chan history, has been completely 100% fake. Just sayin'
>>
>>Religion
>>In Steven Universe
Gay people don't believe in God, so I'm calling bullshit on you, OP
>>
>>88478078
>Eventually humans made an unofficial collective agreement to just stay away from that shit.
That's still dumb for the reasons I've already noted.

"Whoa dude, a big smoking hill that breathes fire? Let's all stay the fuck away from that brohs"
>>
Another question: is Lion 3 Straight to Video supposed to be a reference to the Cowboy Bebop session Speak Like A Child where Faye finds an old videotape of herself?
>>
>>88478291
That's racist.
>>
>>88475976
Thats nice, still not as smart, creative or daring as the people here would led you to believe, but it doesnt matter since its fake anyway.
>>
>>88478078
>Eventually humans made an unofficial collective agreement to just stay away from that shit.
Thats by far the most stupid, pathetic excuse i ever read, specially the "unoficial" part. But its so fucking retarded and againts every human behaviour that i believe if you told me you worked on SU.
>>
>>88478710
Gays are a race?
>>
>>88477712
Thanks man. We don't have any evidence to believe you are who you say you are, but we don't have any reason to doubt you apart from this being 4chan anonymity stuff.

My question, if you are still around, is if Cartoon Network or Rebecca Sugar are considering ordering more seasons than just the total 156 episode order. Is the show financially successful enough to be extended further? Has Rebecca Sugar considered the possibility, or is she locked into a concrete endgame? If Steven Universe was renewed, would Rebecca Sugar have to do some major story edits to accommodate the series's expansion?
>>
>>88477712
I have a question?
How has zuke leaving affected the show/crew?
>>
All of the info in this thread being said by that guy is literally info that any fan can gather up with enough research. Aside from the title of Gem Drill, none of this is new information.

He's playing it so safe being fake it's practically unremarkable.
>>
File: 200% sad.png (428KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200% sad.png
428KB, 497x732px
>>88477942

I miss old 4chan. Sucrose is cool.
>>
>>88480742
What would you say is different now than it was "in the good ol' days"?
>>
>>88480779
people getting up their ass about everything. Constant bait threads etc.

Old 4chan was pretty laid back compared to today. Also there were less normie level memes like "cuck" that invaded.
>>
that's what happens when something get 'popular'
>>
>>88477143
The Kabbala shows up in a few things. It's more /v/ but Tales of Symphonia was full of Kabbala references
>>
I always suspected that the conflict between the Crystal Gems and Homeworld was an allegory of the conflict between the demons and Heaven.

>The Diamond authority is the Trinity
>Rose Quartz plays the role of Lucifer as presented in Paradise Lost, and preaches service towards self, which is a principle of Satanism.
>Steven is a messianic figure, acting as a mediator.
>>
>>88475976
>>88475976
Did you miss the whole "Steven is Literally Jesus" thing that was the entirety of the last episode?
>>
>>88476874
You've never seen Evangelion, have you
>>
>>88475976
I believe you.
>>
>>88476874
>>88476899
No, it's a stupid question because
>e the creator is of jewish(they only believe in god as the one true god, not jesus) background
Is wrong in its assumption and its logic.

Believing Jesus is not God does not make you Jewish.
>>
>>88477132
>Rebecca Sugar is ethnically Jewish
Source?
>>
>>88477741
>>88477951
I have this head canon that Rose has set up a machine that affect the human mind to not care about Gem stuffs ("do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain"), as 4 thousand years ago, human started their first religious war on who pray the gems best who resulted in quit the bloodbath. Feeling responsible, Rose considered that for the gem to not influence humanity development, such a device to distract their mind from them had to be put in place, i.e. a device to control their mind so that their remain independent form gem influence, ironically enough.

this had the side effect that Human seem to be aphased when the most blatant gem weird stuff hit them in the face, as well as preventing their mind from developing religions.

Rose never mentioned the device to anyone, the other CG thinking the religious war over them was just one crazy blip on the radar. But sine Rose has stopped maintaining it, it has started to get loose, letting people like Ronaldo starting to notice things.
>>
>>88480830
People were less miserable.

I feel like it might have to do with the breakdown of nerdiness. You used to be able to piggyback on the moral high ground of being a noble nonviolent type in a jock high school. And normal people weren't on the internet all the time, so could be a weird guy in your bedroom and didn't have to compare yourself to them all the time.

Now the social justice / nerd thing happened, and people on the internet will take great pains to remind you that you're still a scary violent man who probably feels too good about himself.

And with silicon valley, nerds are 'supposed' to be rich now, so you're either a failure of a programmer, or else you're a good enough programmer to realize even money doesn't help your emotional problems.

So now if you're a male nerd, you're supposed to be ashamed of your power, but that makes you ashamed of the fact that you don't actually have any.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.