[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, besides this show being particularly underrated, and on point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Omi.png (37KB, 300x434px) Image search: [Google]
Omi.png
37KB, 300x434px
So, besides this show being particularly underrated, and on point with some of the better action/comedy 2000's shows like TLA and TT, there's something that I still keep thinking about.

Was Omi's character racist? I almost guarantee that in 2016, people would have a shit fit over his design...

also Xaolin Showdown thread
>>
show was made by a Chinese woman so not really

any word about the re-reboot?
>>
>>88475826
Does that really mean it's not racist if its made by someone who is Chinese?

also
>re-boot
you mean Xaolin chronicles? That shit is dead and rightfully so. Are they re-booting again??
>>
>>88475826
I doubt it when WB owns the rights they even had the rights for the magical items that's why the reboots used stupidly named shit on random everyday objects
>>
>>88475804
Chronicles was in 2013-14

No one would care about Omi if it aired today.
>>
Did the American really have to be a cowboy?
>>
>>88475804
Nah, he was fine.

Every character was some archetype, apart from being yellow he had nothing really racist associated with him.

Raimundo best monk tho.

>>88475826
Its shit.

>>88475859
>Does that really mean it's not racist if its made by someone who is Chinese?

>hey miss chinese! As a white guy I will tell you what YOU should be mad about and how racist you are with yourself!
>>
>>88475968
>hey miss chinese! As a white guy I will tell you what YOU should be mad about and how racist you are with yourself!

I was just asking, hence the question mark, I wasn't saying it's still racist.
>>
>>88476043
I know, just explaining how it would like to her.

I actually saw SJWs say this to japanese women, because they had no problem with westerners wearing kimonos.
>>
>>88476104
Fuck I hate SJW's so much. Let me guess, this person was a white upper middle class female college student?
>>
I honestly thought nothing of it, knowing that it was done before in other media, and some Asians are naturally yellow-ish, pale and even tan (Wuya) and black. Later on, I realized it was an actual chinese woman that created him, and went back to thinking nothing of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.