[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw my first Space Ghost Coast to Coast Episode, and plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: spaceghost_0.jpg (24KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
spaceghost_0.jpg
24KB, 640x430px
I just saw my first Space Ghost Coast to Coast Episode, and plan to binge watch the whole series.

How did Adult Swim came with this stoner masterpiece?

Also, SPGCTC general thread.
>>
>>88460416
Coast to Coast predates Adult Swim.
Adult Swim was actually started because of Coast to Coast and the desire for more shows like it.
>>
File: chad_ghostal.jpg (78KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
chad_ghostal.jpg
78KB, 400x300px
>>88460416
>It's a Chad takes over the show episode
>>
>How did Adult Swim came with this stoner masterpiece?
They didn't. Shit was on YEARS before Adult Swim.

Fun fact, technically same canon as Toonami.
>>
>>88460455

>>88460499
OP Here:

But didn't Mike Lazzo came with the show for the first airing of Adult Swim? My cousins told me that they would watch Space Ghost in Adult Swim back in 98'.
>>
>>88460416
Forget Adult Swim, this was the first fucking CN original show ever.
>>
>>88460527
AS didn't actually premier until 2001. Space Ghost CTC aired on TBS and TNT and CN in the mid nineties and was part of the AS block when it first launched and until the show concluded.
>>
>>88460527
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim
>Debuting in 2001, Adult Swim serves as the nighttime identity of Cartoon Network
> Space Ghost Coast to Coast, one of Cartoon Network's first forays into original programming, was created in 1994 specifically for late night audiences.

Your cousins are lying shits.
>>
>>88460563
Well, they where potheads (HOf the Hardcore kind) during the late 90's, early 2000's decade. I am surprised they even remember those years.
>>
>>88460416
>>88460455
Space Ghost actually predates all of CN
Before SG, it was just the Hannah Barbara rerun channel, in the 2nd SG season, they even had a special where they premiered The Powerpuff Girls
Space Ghost Coast to Coast is the fucking direct grandfather to everything Cartoon Network is
>>
>>88460603
Didn't they also have Speed Racer?
>>
>>88460626
And 2 Stupid Dogs for that matter
>>
>>88460603
Remember Toon Heads? Remember The Tex Avery Show?
Remember the show that showed Canadian cartoons that I can't remember the name of?
>>
>>88461221
O Canada
>>
Does CN still have that thing where Ted Turner forces them to air Tom and Jerry?
>>
Enjoy the binge OP. It's a chill show to watch.
>>
>>88461258
No.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0v_Ckb0xAY
>>
File: img_6044.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
img_6044.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>88460416
Any episode with macho man is gold
>How ya doin tadley
>>
Long story short: CN back then was only known for showing old Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tune reruns. Some guys had the idea of getting some of those old Hanna-Barbera clips and editing them to make a new show entirely. CN decided there was no harm in it so long they'd release the actual episode smack in the middle of the night.

Despite the late scheduling it was extremely well received, passed on through word of mouth and their viewership skyrocketed because of this show.

After that CN decided to start making more original cartoons and later the creators of Space Ghost would create Adult Swim and the rest is history.
>>
>>88463072
Have you met Haystacks Calhoun? He was a mountain of a man! I sent him home to Mommy with a rollin' DDT!
>>
>>88461221
I fucking hated all of those and I'm glad they're gone.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast was cool though.
>>
File: ghostcoast.jpg (20KB, 321x296px) Image search: [Google]
ghostcoast.jpg
20KB, 321x296px
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.