[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is DC's Flintstones the best comedic comicbook series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8117.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8117.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Is DC's Flintstones the best comedic comicbook series ever created?
>>
File: mothsfnstn.jpg (494KB, 1398x464px) Image search: [Google]
mothsfnstn.jpg
494KB, 1398x464px
>>88449360
Maybe.
>>
For a comic about the Flintstones, the "democracy" issue went too dark, and didn't deliver enough on the laughs for me.

The only funny thing about it was the gorilla constantly in the background during the war

The rest of the comic is gold
>>
>>88450595
The gay marriage issue rubbed me the wrong way.
Don't tell me the whole point of marriage is to establish exclusive breeding pairs, then say it's okay for non-breeding pairs to get married and anyone who says otherwise is a bigot. It's quite literally counter-intuitive. No one seemingly had any trouble with Those Two Guys being gay when they were in the Sex Cave, so they were clearly okay with gay people as a part of the community anyway. It was only the invention of society-sanctioned pair-bonding for the purpose of rearing the resultant offspring in a comparatively safe environment that created a problem, since obviously a homosexual pair would not have offspring to care for.
>>
>>88450595
The gorila looked like such bro.
>>
>>88449360
Is there a share with all of them that some kind anon can link?
>>
I've been reading comics for quite some time and I've read A LOT
It is by FAR the funniest comic I've ever read
>>
File: 1.jpg (124KB, 1067x361px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
124KB, 1067x361px
>>
>>88449360
>>88450520
>>88454124
I get the feeling /co/ really just wants a Carl Sargon, Cave Scientist book.
>>
>>88451131
You're overthinking it. The point was driving home that people are slow to change and anything that is against the norm is seen as a threat to it rather than what it is, just diffrent.
>>
>>88449360
>comedic
>>
>>88454196
But marriage itself was against the norm. It was a counter-culture.
>>
>>88456637
hey good job you understood the metaphor
>>
>>88456754
But marriage has a definite societal benefit and the "gay uncle" theory is still just that.
>>
>>88456793
the comic wasn't arguing for or against marriage, or even gay marriage

it was using marriage as a metaphor for gay marriage to make a point, elucidated here: >>88454196

this is called "satire"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.