[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all of Marvel's events, where will Civil War 2 end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

File: STL020906-600x910.jpg (143KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
STL020906-600x910.jpg
143KB, 600x910px
Out of all of Marvel's events, where will Civil War 2 end up? At the bottom even below Ultimatum and Secret Wars 2? Or somewhere above that?
>>
man secret wars 2 is bad
>>
>>88447632
How bad is it? I never read it myself
>>
age of ultron tier
>>
So at the end, what did Civil War II even accomplish?

> Tony ded
> Ulysses may or may not be dead
> Triskelion destroyed
> GotG on Earth
> Kamala derailed

Anything else? I feel like the current PM&IF arc would have happened anyways if there was no Civil War II.
>>
WOAT tier desu
>>
What is the definitive ranking of marvel events since 1984 Secret Wars?
>>
>>88447679
Well the Champions are a thing, if that counts for anything whatsoever
>>
>>88447679
the Hulk is dead
Carol's the most popular hero in the world
She-Hulk's got PTSD
>>
>>88447865
that's a negative because Champions is shit.
>>
>>88447961
Well it counts as a negative accomplishment then
>>
>>88447679
Weren't the Inhumans supposed to get off earth too?
>>
>>88447977
Yeah but they're still around. Like the O5. Because Marvel hates their readers
>>
>>88447877
>>88447865
Oh yeah, those too. Can't believe I forgot Hulk getting killed.
>>
>>88447679
It gave us Steve being master of keikaku.
>>
>>88448061
And the Ultimates are disbanded. And A-force is dead
>>
>>88447616
From the thumbnail I thought it was that AtLA character
>>
>>88447977
No, that's after IvX.
>>
>>88447637

Don't think Secret Wars was bad. I enjoyed it better than some other event like Fear Itself and Age of Ultron. In my book, Civil War 2 is below AoU, but not better than Fear Itself. If we were including events like Axis, I'd say Axis was better than Secret Wars.
>>
>>88448504
And what was so bad about Fear Itself? All I hear was that it was bad, but not the details
>>
>>88447679
Where's the bingo image?
>>
>>88447616
It's not Ultimatum bad. I'd probably put it about on par with Secret Wars II though, which still puts it in the bottom 5 worst Marvel events.
>>
>>88448085
>And the Ultimates are disbanded
They're no longer government sanctioned, but them being disbanded lasted all of a week.
>>
>>88447977
They're leaving after IvX.
>>
File: CW II at issue 7.png (1MB, 1308x954px) Image search: [Google]
CW II at issue 7.png
1MB, 1308x954px
>>88448617
This one?
>>
>>88447710
From best to worst:
>Annihilation
>Infinity Gauntlet
>Annihilation: Conquest
>War of Kings
>Secret Wars (2015)
>AXIS
>Onslaught Saga
>Infinity
>Siege
>Maximum Security
>House of M
>World War Hulk
>Chaos War
>Cataclysm
>Civil War
>Infinity War
>Fear Itself
>Avengers vs. X-men
>Secret Invasion
>Shadowland
>Infinity Crusade
>Original Sin
>Civil War II
>Secret Wars II
>Age of Ultron
>Ultimatum

I'd say AXIS and above is "genuinely good," Onslaught Saga through Fear Itself is mediocre, and AvX through Ultimatum are dog shit.
>>
>>88448748
Bendis ones are almost cheating
>>
>>88448939
I should clarify. Genuinely good for a Marvel event.
>>
>>88448939
>Secret Wars (2015)
>Secret Wars II
wut
>>
>>88448939
I'd move Civil War II below Age of Ultron.
>>
>>88449016
There was a Secret Wars in the 80's remember?
>>
>>88449041
At least a Civil War fucking happened. It was a shitty, smaller scale one, but there was a "civil war." Age of Ultron was an 11 issue comic about Ultron where he DOESN'T FUCKING APPEAR UNTIL THE LAST 5 PAGES.

Age of Ultron is arguably the worst thing Bendis has ever written.
>>
>>88449016
Secret Wars (2015) is actually Secret Wars IV. They go:
>Marvel Superheroes: Secret Wars
>Secret Wars II
>Fantastic Four: Secret Wars 3
>Secret Wars (2015)
>>
>>88449082
guess I've got brain problems since I only knew the one where Spidey got the symbiote and the 2015 one.
>>
>>88449063
>Ultron where he DOESN'T FUCKING APPEAR UNTIL THE LAST 5 PAGES.

The best part: Some of it were reused pages from that Avengers issue Bendis and Hitch did.
>>
>>88449146
Don't worry, you're not missing out. The only memorable scene in Secret Wars II was where Peter taught The Beyonder how to poop.
>>
>>88447616
How do I even read this shit? Can I just go through #0 to #7? Only other series I'm reading atm is Ms. Marvel.
>>
>>88449219
every tie-in I've seen, literally nothing happens
>>
>>88449219
Yes, you'd just read #0 through #8. I don't know why you'd want to though since it's fucking garbage, but if you really wanted to read it, that's how you'd do it.

Also read the Captain America: Steve Rogers tie-ins since they re-contextualize some of the stuff that happens into being slightly less garbage.
>>
>>88449245
Every tie-in is just everyone going "man, this is fucking stupid."
>>
>>88449276
>The Scarlet Witch tie in where she goes "Nah, fuck this"
>>
>>88449063
>Age of Ultron is arguably the worst thing Bendis has ever written.

I actually thought this too. But after reading Civil War II I'm really debating that right now. I'll still consider Age of Ultron the absolute lowest point of his Avengers run, though.
>>
>>88447616
It really depends on how it ends.
>>
>>88449442
I'm guessing the ending is:

Something happens to Tony
Carol "wins"
>>
>>88449397
Here's the thing, CW2 has a little more going for it. It has some solid tie ins, a few good character moments, and what happened actually mattered and will be remembered.

AO on the other hand had almost none of the character who it was about, had a plot that was all over the place, and might as well been a dream for all the impact it made. Besides an interesting alternate earth (as if we didn't have enough anyway), I can't think of anything good. It was the poor man's House of M.
>>
>>88448939
Man Annihilation had its problems but overall I really enjoyed it, so much that I wanted to get the Omnibus but it sold out pretty quickly.
>>
>>88448939
>Siege that high
>Siege above WWH
>>
>>88448939
>Fear Itself that high
>OG Civil War that high
>Siege that high
Fuck you
>>
File: Axis1-part1-redskull.jpg (498KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
Axis1-part1-redskull.jpg
498KB, 900x674px
>>88448939
I thought axis was complete garbage. That being said, this list is pretty spot on for marvel: the event age
>>
>>88448939
Secret Wars 2015 has been absolute garbage, especially as a new reader. Some issues were quite good at the start, but by the end, they went to utter shit.

Maybe the main story and the both FF and Thanos were barely ok
>>
>>88447637
>>88447632
Secret Wars 2 isn't that bad
>>
>>88448076
I'm not reading this shit event

Steve is a master of keikaku??
>>
>>88447616
Asking whether it's below Ultimatum tells me you haven't read Ultimatum. I mean sure, the central premise is dumb and everyone is mischaracterised and stupid. But even if the comic was every character punching themselves in the face it would be better than Ultimatum.
>>
>>88450088
>>88450125
You know, something being "that high" could very well be because at this point, the vast majority of events are just plain awful
>>
>>88450186
AXIS was garbage, but it was garbage in a fun way. It was literally a parody of Marvel's eventshit, and probably unintentional too because they wouldn't be that self-aware. It was full so bad it's good kind of retarded.
>they fight Red Skull in a concentration camp
>Red Skull turns into Onslaught
>Onslaught is in this event
>Ridiculous gimmic that lets villains have their spin-off books and is an excuse for heroes to fight eachother
>>
>>88449789
Not to mention the whole, Time is broken which led to nothing.
>>
>tfw no event next year
>but only because they're saving Infinity War II for 2018
>>
>>88450088
Whats wrong with siege?
>>
>>88450395
But IvX is going into next year and I doubt that's all they have planned. Also Monsters Unleashed
>>
>>88450285
I did read Ultimatum and probably because I haven't gone through the Ultimate universe I was less angered by it than Civil War 2
>>
>>88447616
Is Secret Wars 2 on part with Heroes Reborn and the Crossing or is that some other tier of bad?
>>
>>88450652
Fuck, I wasn't really counting that since who gives a fuck about Inhumans? And there's the Clone Conspiracy between the Spider-books, right?
>>
>>88448939
This list is missing nearly everything from 1987 to 2004 and several events after that too
>>
>>88450365
Nah, some of it was definitely self-aware. Deadpool's parts and how over the top the inverted heroes were tried to wink at the reader.

>>88450088
World War Hulk was shit. It was the equivalent of a 7yo playing with a Hulk toy and breaking all of the other toys and then autistically kicking stuff in his room screaming how powerful Hulk is
>>
hate to he that guy but what starts civil war 2 anyway
>>
>>88451388
An Inhuman shows up with the power to see the future. He warns everyone about a Celestial invasion coming, and they use the information to stop it. Tony stark's like "You shouldn't have done that".
Then he has another vision where Thanos invading, and they use that to stop him. War Machine dies and Tony is like "Goddamnit, Carol. I told you that you shouldn't do that."
Then they start fighting
>>
>>88448725
Really? Marvel is throwing in the towel on the Inhumans?
>>
>>88451619
What?
>>
>>88450125
That poster got it right, what are you talking about? Are you seriously trying to say fucking Shadowland and Original Sin were better than Civil War? Civil War II and AvX are like inferior third-rate copies of Civil War so they're already even worse. The only thing I could see someone argue is that Infinity War and Crusade and Secret Wars II were better than Civil War, but I doubt that's happening.

That those books are below Civil War has to do with how terrible they were, not that Civil War was any good.
>>
>>88453326
Why does everybody hate Infinity War/Crusade? I thought they were OK.

Is it the Thanos wanking? Because I think it's the Thanos wanking.
>>
>>88449269
Wait, CWII #8 is out already? How did I miss the storytime? I've been checking the catalog every now and then for it.
>>
>>88455333
I think he's just referring to how #8 was sort of spoiled in other books.
>>
>>88450916
Incorrect. WWH was awesome. Shitface Reed and Tony getting treated like little mark-ass bitches, Sentry getting barely beaten, and go be invulnerable in Jersey.

The only thing I hated was Penance Stare being (for the millionth time) misused.
>>
>>88453726
>>88453326
Infinity War is pretty underrated. Like yea, I get that you'd hate it if you just wanted to see your favorite superhero save the day, but I don't see how someone who would rank Gauntlet second best could put it below Civil fucking War.
>>
>>88448939

axis is way too high.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.