[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it turns out, that woman Carol arrested because Ulysses said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-014.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-014.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
So it turns out, that woman Carol arrested because Ulysses said she was Hydra even though it turned out he was wrong about her briefcase was in fact not Hydra. And now she's pissed and wants revenge on the entire super-powered communiy.
Way to go Carol!
>>
Kudos to Bendis for reusing her when we all thought she was just a plot device. Still, if she wasn't Hydra or a terrorist in the first place doesn't that mean that Ulysses was wrong?
Or is the point that she'll become one? No Bendis-written tie-in has so far done the "self-fulfilling prophecy" shit that so many others did.
>>
File: Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-015.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-015.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88444783
>doesn't that mean that Ulysses was wrong?
Yes, very much so. We've seen him be wrong about future events before, but this is the first time he couldn't even get PRESENT events, like the fact that this person wasn't a Hydra agent and her suitcase was empty, right.
It doesn't seem like a self-fulfilling prophecy because she hasn't joined Hydra and her plan is to attack the "community of the super-powered" using "secrets", not destroy global markets.
How exactly this plan could possibly work, especially since the only big secret Jessica knows is that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, is another story.
>>
File: 1455928570534.png (192KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1455928570534.png
192KB, 368x368px
So she was a supervillain the whole time. Carol was right.
>>
>>88444681
>I was in a nice jail for 48 hours, now i'm going to be a supervillain.
>>
>>88445145
Not to mention, she's blaming all superheroes even though Nightcrawler busted her out and Tony Stark lead an attack on the Triskelion because they thought her arrest was crossing a line.
Why not get revenge on Carol's side specifically? Or the government? Or SHIELD?
>>
>>88444681
>>88444993
That is some serious perma-smug going on in the art there.

Shouldn't she look angry or sinister instead of... amused?
>>
>>88445543
>Why not get revenge on Carol's side specifically? Or the government? Or SHIELD?
bad writing
>>
>>88444993
>Yes, very much so. We've seen him be wrong about future events before, but this is the first time he couldn't even get PRESENT events, like the fact that this person wasn't a Hydra agent and her suitcase was empty, right.
come on
this lady is clearly evil
she's jumped straight from "normal person" to supervillainy
she's probably loki in disguise
>>
>>88444681
Wait what happened between Jessica and Luke?
>>
File: Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-016.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-016.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88445578
I think she's crazy. Her "recruitment" of Jessica Jones consisted of bailing her out of prison, then hiring known super-villain The Spot to kidnap her and tie her to a chair, then talk like a Bendis character at her for several pages, then let her go. And she genuinely expects Jessica to follow her after all that.
>>
>>88445684
We don't know, Bendis set-up a "mystery" and it'll take forever for us to get answers.
Jessica was sent to prison for some reason, and for some reason she sent Dani away to her step-mother during that time, away from Luke. After she got out she still refused to tell Luke.
>>
>>88445617
>Loki in disguise
Ha that would actually be cool.
>>
>>88445145
Watch it turn out that they got the wrong terrorist organization or something and she's actually a member of the Secret Empire.
>>
>>88445691
So she thinks superheroes are "disgusting" because they "bask" in their powers (I can't think of very many that actually do) and "put themselves above others" (can't think of anyone that does that either)?
Would she rather get killed/enslaved by super-villains, robots, demons, monsters and/or aliens?
>>
I remembered when I liked Bendis written comics

That was a long time ago

He fell orff harder than Kevin Smith, even
>>
File: Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-011.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-011.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88446520
I don't think she's working for anyone. Unless of course she's lying.
>>
>>88444681
I don't get it
she tried stopping bad guys
she made a few mistakes
not any reason to become a bad guy
Carol should of just killed her
>>
>>88444681
>That doesn't sound like her. At all.
Man, Jessica doesn't know Carol at all.
>>
>>88445691
This is LITERALLY the "Osborn did nothing wrong" arc of Avengers 2.0. I complained that it had no real resolution, but honestly it was a shit idea from the beginning, so coming back to that actually makes it worse.
Let's see what your money does for you when the next alien invaders assrape the Earth and no superheroes are around, fucker
>>
>>88447641
The "Osborn did nothing wrong" arc was still worse because Norman Osborn is the last person on Earth who should be using anti-superhero rhetoric since he himself pretended to be a superhero and intended to keep doing so, forming yet another team of villains pretending to be heroes. The civilian protestors were dumb, but the fact that they took Osborn seriously instead of seeing him as worse than the Avengers they hated was even dumber.
>>
>>88444681
Wait why was Jessica in prison and why she hates Luke now, and what about the baby?
>>
>>88448346
>Wait why was Jessica in prison
We don't know yet.

>and why she hates Luke now,
We don't know yet.

>and what about the baby?
Jessica secretely gave Dani to her step-mother, Luke is trying to find her but Jessica refuses to tell. Again, we don't know why.
>>
>>88448454
>We don't know yet.
Sounds like the quality writing we all know and love
>>
File: 1760867-sharpe.png (627KB, 594x640px) Image search: [Google]
1760867-sharpe.png
627KB, 594x640px
>>88444681
This feels like Miriam Sharpe 2.0 almost.
>>
>>88445145
>>I was in a nice jail for 48 hours, now i'm going to be a supervillain.

Superheroes tried to ruin her life, raided her frigging mind with psychics and denied her her simple constitutional rights by trying to hold her without any legal recourse in a flying Guantanamo.

Dude, she's not the bad person if she tries to take them down after that. That's the right thing to do.
>>
I think it would be great of in her search for secrets she finds out Steve is Hydra and then kicks off the young heroes vs hydra and adults event.
>>
>>88448676
Except as I pointed out >>88445543 , the vast majority of superheroes were against that, Nightcrawler bailed her out. Even people on Carol's side like Blue Marvel and Monica were against what Carol was doing to this woman. She's trying to take down ALL heroes for the actions of one hero, who by the way had the approval of the government, so she should be mad at them too.
>>
>>88448760
>the vast majority of superheroes were against that

So? Does that mean that the guys running the "fuck your rights" flying prisons should get to do whatever the fuck they want? If the heroes can't stop that shit are people supposed to just take it or do we rise up and knock those little tin pot dictators over?

Maybe the "vast majority" of heroes do oppose these things. That does not matter. The fact is that the system in the MU is broken and superheroes need to be slapped down several hundred pegs. Carol fucked up. She not only took in an innocent woman in broad daylight with a whole frigging super-villain containment team based on some dude's bad dream, she raided the woman's mind and tried to lock her up indefinitely because she had what amounted to a bad feeling about her.

That's the kind of shit people lose everything over. When Carol is still running superteams the next month it's a clear statement that it doesn't matter what the "vast majority" of heroes want. In the end, they play by one set of rules and everyone has to bend over and let them.

Fuck that.
>>
Jesus fuck. This fucking art. Someone got paid for this horseshit?
>>
>>88448892
But the thing is if she's going to rant to the heroes about Carol's methods being fucked up about half of them would say she's preaching to the choir. Going after the heroes actively fighting against carol would be pretty pointless from an ideological standpoint.
>>
>>88448892
So even though most superheroes actively fought against Carol (they destroyed the Triskelion for fucks sake), that means nothing to you?
If you want to blame someone, blame the government for letting Carol do what she wanted and then let her get away with it.
>>
>>88449053
>Going after the heroes actively fighting against carol would be pretty pointless from an ideological standpoint.

When you're a peasant and the local lord spends his spare time raping your daughters, you don't take the time to wonder if there are any other lords trying to reform the system, you start hanging the landed gentry from trees.

>>88449102
>that means nothing to you?

They fought like it didn't matter. If they fought like it was their lives on the line there'd have been more bloodshed. As it was, all I've seen is a lot of issues of Superheros friends standing in large groups having debates.

This isn't a civil war, this is a bit of civil discourse.
>>
>>88446634
Does she have herpies?
>>
>>88448760

See, that's the good thing about superheroes. If her plan works, all the shitheads get taken out. Or at least, their reputations get ruined and everyone stops trusting them. Maybe they turn into full-on villains and someone else takes them down.

But the heroes, the honest-to-god heroes who fight your world ending threats, they'll just keep on going. Fighting the good fight no matter what you say about them because that's what heroes fucking do.
>>
>>88449334
>When you're a peasant and the local lord spends his spare time raping your daughters, you don't take the time to wonder if there are any other lords trying to reform the system, you start hanging the landed gentry from trees.
Not a very good analogy.
Also, you're forgetting that if you get rid of heroes, there's nobody around to protect the Earth from danger.
>>
But it wasn't even superheroes that had her arrested, it was the super "heroes" working for the shady government spy agency. Shouldn't she hold a grudge against Shield and not superheroes in general.
>>
>>88449455
>Not a very good analogy.

I dissagree. She was taken against er wil and had her very brain invaded and had to way to defend herself. I can't imagine haing a person in your thoughts is any less invasive than having them in your ass.

Really, in the MU psychics should be the only hated and feared minority and they should all have a bounty on their heads.

You don't wait for someone else to fight for your rights, you defend them yourself if you have to.
>>
>>88444993
>Gaydos
>Page with only one instance of obvious CTRL-C, CTRL-V

Is he getting better? Or is the next page a standard 8x repeated panels job?
>>
File: Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-017.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Jones (2016-) 003-017.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88449691
Yeah, even worse, she shits all over Captain America even though both Captain Americas fought against Carol. How exactly do Steve or Sam "decide what's right and wrong for everyone else"? Neither of them is in a position of power or authority.
And before you say Captain Hydra, nobody knows about that yet.
>>
>>88449852
I meant that the whole superheroes as feudal lords was a terrible analogy.

>You don't wait for someone else to fight for your rights, you defend them yourself if you have to.
I'm really not sure what you mean by this. The heroes fought for her rights. They wrecked the Triskelion because Carol infringed on her rights.
>>
>>88444681
>>88444993
>Help me destroy all superheroes.
This really sounds like some Hydra shit she's talking about.
>>
>>88445691
>hiring known super-villain The Spot to kidnap her and tie her to a chair
That sounds expensive. How much money does this lady have if she isn't Hydra or something? A normal person wouldn't even know how to contract a fucking supervillain, anyway.
>>
>>88450107
>she shits all over Captain America even though both Captain Americas fought against Carol.

Is Carol in jail? No? Then Captain America didn't do a god damned thing but stand around and give speeches.

>>88450148
>I meant that the whole superheroes as feudal lords was a terrible analogy.

How so?

>The heroes fought for her rights.

And now, after they've frigging failed and went on hanging out with each other like nothing happened, she's going to fight for her own. They might have crashed one flying superhero manned prison that they're perfectly willing to toss innocent people into, but they have others and make new ones every day.
>>
>>88450409
Captain America can't throw Carol in jail because he's not a government figure. Carol did what she did with the endorsement of the government, so legally there's nothing the heroes can do. Is she saying that the superheroes should overthrow the government? Or that they should do a vigilante execution on Carol? Because those are the only options.

And just so you know, the Ulysses program is completely scrapped after Civil War II.
>>
>>88450473
>Captain America can't throw Carol in jail because he's not a government figure.

Except he was flying his own helicarrier around and her boss in-universe like 4 months ago.

>Carol did what she did with the endorsement of the government, so legally there's nothing the heroes can do.

The same government that builds giant genocide robots to kill their friends. Yeah, heroes just have to follow the governments lead when it comes to fucking over the common, powerless man. They'll fight for their rights to keep their ID secret and shit, but when it's time to staff flying Guantanamo, their hands are tied.

>And just so you know, the Ulysses program is completely scrapped after Civil War II.

So? The people using it to crush the rights of their fellow man are still in their positions of power and there were no consequences to any of them ('cept Tony).
>>
>>88450473
>so legally there's nothing the heroes can do

Nearly everything almost every superhero does is technically illegal, because it's vigilantism. I mean, isn't that the point? Using your powers to do what the law can't or won't? It's about doing what's right, not doing what you're allowed by Uncle Sam.
>>
>>88450676
The Avengers are government-sanctioned.
>>
>>88445145
>>88444993
>>88444783
>>88444681
Who the fuck carries arounnd an empty suitcase?
>>
>>88450676
>Nearly everything almost every superhero does is technically illegal, because it's vigilantism
Not really. Vigilantism is a specific crime that only guys who literally take the law into their own hands like the Punisher meet.
Most superheroes do things that follow under good samaritan and self-defense laws. They see a criminal, they stop the criminal, then leave him for the police.

And what I the "legally there's nothing the heroes can do" in response to that anon complaining that Carol isn't in jail. The heroes can't send people to jail. So either they take over the government and send her to jail, they create their own secret illegal super-jail and lock her up or they kill her. Neither of those sound like very good ideas.
>>
Why do they both look identical
>>
>>88445543
Humans in the marvel universe are stupid
>>
>>88450107
>MUH OSBORN WUZ RIGHT
This is fucking Bendis who in 2016, after writing cape comics for like 14 years, still struggles with the impossibility of having the cake and eating it too. Either superheroes are an accepted reality and the public changed its view according to that (while still retaining many similarities to our world), or 616 is literally our world but with superheroes, which won't happen because it'd instantly transform into a nightmare.
This bullshit where it's halfway and superheroes have been there for decades saving the world but you have people constantly referencing real-world mentality where they should act exactly like law enforcement is not only stupid as hell, but inconsistent with Marvel's shared universe.
Fuck off Bendis
Fuck off
>>
>>88450771
>The heroes can't send people to jail.

They can blow up all her flying Guantanamo's. Until they do, as long as they turn a blind eye towards shield's rawdogging of the constitution they can fuck right off.

>>88450752
>Who the fuck carries arounnd an empty suitcase?

People on their way back from the briefcase store? People going to collect a shitload of documents? Innocent people?
>>
>>88444993
Jessica definetly doesn't know the inner workings of the entire superhero community. She knows nothing about the X-Men or the Inhumans, or about super technology.
All she knows is some Avengers stuff, but none of it is of any value since other than some secret identities most of it is either public knowledge or mundande shit nobody cares about.
>>
>>88446526
>So she thinks superheroes are "disgusting" because they "bask" in their powers (I can't think of very many that actually do) and "put themselves above others" (can't think of anyone that does that either)?

Wasn't she incarcerated by Carol without due process or access to a lawyer? Has Carol been punished for her kidnapping and false imprisonment of an American Citizen under color of law?
>>
>>88451900
Punished for what? Temporarily detaining a suspected terrorist while they investigated their lead?

It's not like they threw her in prison without a trial.
>>
>>88450340
she used the Hench App oviously
>>
Why is Bendis allowed?
>>
>it's a Bendis creates a character who's smarter and better than everyone else

Will he ever stop jerking himself off? The smug is practically dripping off the page.
>>
>>88452025
>Temporarily detaining a suspected terrorist while they investigated their lead?

And raiding her mind. You're glossing over a gross invasion of privacy. How'd you like someone peeking into your private thoughts because someone else had a bad dream?

>It's not like they threw her in prison without a trial.

No they were just going to toss her back into a cell after raiding her thoughts and finding nothing for an unspecified amount of time and,...

wait a minute.
>>
>>88452109
Remember when his Iron Man started with a new character casually mentioning she created a mutant cure?

It's become genuinely rare for even a single page written by Bendis to not have stupid bullshit.
>>
FFS
>>
>>88446634
>Unless of course she's lying.
She is. She's obviously evil in some respect. I know Bendis is a bad writer but this is ridiculous even for him.
>>
>>88448578
I seriously thought, with her son being named Damian, that she was going to turn out to be Mephisto sowing discord in the superhero community.

Her forgiving Speedball for Stamford and deciding to help him was one of the only good bits of Fear Itself.
>>
>>88450107
This chick reads like a super manipulative, high functioning sociopath who works as a lobbyist in the Washington beltway .
>>
>>88451224
But sociopath woman will dig random details out of Jessica that will allow her to put all the pieces together!

Come on man, you doubt Bendis?
>>
>>88444993
Wait a second? Bendis actually willingly broke her up from Luke Cage?

And wow did that lady pick the worst person to get any of that from. There is nothing in that brain to learn from.
>>
>>88449455
It's actually a surprisingly good one since the aristocracy are in charge of the military and defense. The current hero situation has been likened to them being modern feudal lords by many too.
>>
>>88444681
>eve of 2017
>still caring about Bendis
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.